Ultimate Video Rumble (Read 1045 times)

Started by SNT, May 25, 2009, 03:35:14 pm
Share this topic:

SNT

Ultimate Video Rumble
#1  May 25, 2009, 03:35:14 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I've been debating whether to ask about this here for a long time.  Yeah, the board's all about fighting games, but I figure this sort of thing was the precursor to other fan-made works like MUGEN itself.  I'm not even sure if many people here are old enough to remember stuff like this.

For those who've never heard of it Ultimate Video Rumble was basically a popular-vote fighting tournament fanfic.  The writers wrote up a backstory for bringing the fighting game franchises of the era together into one royal rumble-style match, with some two hundred odd competitors.  They'd write the story in rounds, each with twenty or so competitors.  Of those, x amount would get eliminated depending on live or die votes.  This would continue on until there was one winner left.

What this all boils down to is three questions: one, who else was into this; two, does anyone know where to find copies of it now; and three, who would be interested in taking part in a new one?
Re: Ultimate Video Rumble
#2  May 26, 2009, 05:49:32 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE

SNT

#3  May 26, 2009, 05:56:34 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#4  May 26, 2009, 06:06:21 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
DYNOMITE

SNT

#5  May 26, 2009, 06:27:33 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I've really been looking for a complete UVR3 in particular, and the best I've found is here, and even this is missing a few key pages near the end.
#6  May 26, 2009, 06:35:32 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
I wish I can help you with finding the archives, man.

anyway, hit me up when there's a UVR4.
DYNOMITE

SNT

#7  May 26, 2009, 02:49:56 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Thing is, I'm a writer by hobby, and I've been toying around with the idea of something like this for a good few years.  If this sort of thing would be welcome in a place like this, I'll probably start one.