Books (Read 493165 times)

Started by Sepp, September 06, 2004, 07:17:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Books
#301  May 02, 2010, 08:02:45 am
  • bd poster :D
    • Italy
    • http://emanuelepepi.tk
Guess what. I'm starting to read the Shrimad Bhagavatam. Seriously. I'm going to meet Krishna and beat the crap out of his ass with Marshall Law in Tekken 6. I hope he has good connection because last time me vs. Jesus lagged as hell.
#302  July 26, 2010, 09:08:22 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
The 48 Laws of Power.

Very interesting book, I can see how idiots would get offended by it.
#303  July 26, 2010, 09:56:22 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Very shortly i shall be re-reading Hard Contact by Karen Traviss. I don't have an overwhelming love for the star wars books but this particular set of novels is excellent and i have enjoyed reading it every time.

I have also completed reading books 1-10 of the Drizzt Do'Urden series by R.A. Salvatore. They're mostly running fights, but when he stops talking about swordplay he's a pretty good storyteller.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#304  August 05, 2010, 05:49:59 am
  • If you're not up to it, stand aside.
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. For a final book report, that book was good to read.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#305  August 05, 2010, 05:57:38 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The Picture of Dorian Gray

Great book, several awesome conversations and hints about Wilde's extreme misogyny. It gets a bit tedious with the long ass descriptions of Gray's hobies though.
#306  September 03, 2010, 04:46:42 am
I read Plato and Aristotle.
#307  September 15, 2010, 12:16:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Read fahreineit 451, a tale about a book burner that goes into details not about the phisical burning of books but about what takes people into burning knowledge away, it was interesting.

Read THUD, the two factions of trolls and Dwarves in the city are celebrating the anniversary of a big confrontation that was a holy war for both, things start to escalate as a group of deepdown dwarves move onto the city of ankhmorpork and starts trying to incite civil unrest. Loved it.

American Psycho, must have been the first book that managed to gross me out at parts, the way they portrayed both the killer and his friends was amazing, the rhytm of the story is unsettling.
#308  September 15, 2010, 02:56:04 pm
    • USA
I happen to be reading Fahrenheit 451 right now....
#309  September 15, 2010, 03:20:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Go on, what are you taking from it?
#310  September 18, 2010, 12:54:23 pm
  • Somebody should seriously make deathstroke.
Im reading "a stainless steel rat is born"

this is a pretty good book.
#311  September 19, 2010, 02:03:21 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Fahrenheit 451. The book inspired me to make a super combo for one of my characters using the first chapters name and title

Hearth (75 Hits), Salamander(80 Hits), and Fahrenheit(296 Hits)
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#312  October 29, 2010, 02:02:17 am
  • Cthulhu fhtagn !
Reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey and The Powers of Evil by Richard Cavendish. The latter I started because of  Halloween.  :twisted:
#313  November 13, 2010, 08:37:30 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Just read the entire Divined comedy

FUCKING HELL. it was pretty cool
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#314  November 18, 2010, 01:31:02 pm
  • Ursus Shock
    • www.broadlyhillmugen.webs.com/
Started to read The Picture of Dorian Gray. I never read this book, the sad think is I couldn't find it in our library so it means nothing in Croatian  :'(
But I got the english one, the old one  ;)
#315  November 22, 2010, 10:02:04 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
finished "The Road".... pretty freaking good
#316  November 29, 2010, 02:33:19 am
    • USA
just got done reading Fighting for Redemption by Mike Norton. Very damn good novel.
You're not worth my disgust!
#317  October 03, 2011, 08:40:26 pm
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
Just finished Holes by Louis Sachar. Great read.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
#318  October 03, 2011, 10:36:45 pm
    • USA
Just finished Holes by Louis Sachar. Great read.
That is a good book. If you like Louis Sachar books, I highly suggest reading anything by Andrew Clements.

Frindle by far is my favorite Clements book.
#319  October 04, 2011, 01:41:33 pm
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
#320  October 04, 2011, 09:08:44 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Finished reading a book called "The Dragon Factory" by Jonathan Mayberry.

It's a pretty good book, based on modern times, that involves genetics, eugenics, and bioterrorism.

It's also part of a series of books about a man named Joe Ledger. This is the second book of the series, the first, Patient Zero, I have not read, and I have just found out that there's a third book: The King of Plagues.

This is a great book, I suggest you read it. Most of the humor is dry, and it has a bit of history along with it, as well as controversial subjects.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE