YesNoOk

Umineko no naku koro ni - Ougon Musou Kyoku (Read 93326 times)

Started by Bastard Mami, November 21, 2010, 01:56:25 am
Share this topic:
Re: Umineko no naku koro ni - Ougon Musou Kyoku
#21  November 23, 2010, 04:09:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:15:03 pm by Stocking Bernkastel~

DMK

#22  November 23, 2010, 04:11:32 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Glad I got payed early for Thanksgiving. Time to go blow it on video games and that kickass Limited Edition of Arcana Heart 3 they have up for preorder. Unless they do a LE for the US as well.

Bea

#23  November 23, 2010, 04:17:58 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
 o_O

I need to get this game so I can play with myself!  ;P
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#24  November 23, 2010, 04:51:43 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
#25  November 23, 2010, 08:29:42 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Try to put the video here so people can just directly watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWBsxJP3Nvo

Well, that sorta indicates a little that what I said is true.

I was expecting a Ronove vs somebody video :(

---

I checked the pre-order thing. Really, forget about getting the game until a lot lot later. There's probably a huge list of people waiting, and I'm sure it will take a lot of time.
Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:38:06 pm by Nanashi_1337
#26  November 23, 2010, 09:50:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the game won't be out until december 30 anyway, the preorder is just so you get the first batch.
#27  November 23, 2010, 11:07:57 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
#28  November 24, 2010, 03:40:00 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
teh later you preorder it, the later you get it, we are not talking about a big company that can manufacture hundreds of thousands of copies.
#29  November 24, 2010, 06:48:08 am
is this for the PC? or ps2/3
#30  November 24, 2010, 07:03:09 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
PC. It's a lol doujin fighter.
#31  November 24, 2010, 12:31:18 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
PC. It's a lol doujin fighter.

It's just some kind of spin-off from the series. Taking into account that there are real battles in Episode 5 between Battler and another girl, I was kinda expecting someone to do a fighting game. But I wasn't expecting that from the guys who did the sound novels.

I really prefer to wait until the game is officially released. Mainly because I want to hear people's opinion about the game. For what I've seen, the game mainly uses the switch partner system and the changing stage system to do damage. And God lord, a lifebar of 3 levels is way too much. These things don't really attract me a lot.
#32  November 24, 2010, 03:11:25 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, that's ok ; I am getting it right away because I got the other games by dishonorable means, so I want to give back some money to the group and what better than a fighting game to do that.

the lifebar has 3 levels because it's shared, while the power bars are separated.
#33  November 24, 2010, 03:23:58 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
yeah, that's ok ; I am getting it right away because I got the other games by dishonorable means, so I want to give back some money to the group and what better than a fighting game to do that.

the lifebar has 3 levels because it's shared, while the power bars are separated.

Errrrrrr... There are 3 levels but you use 2 characters. That doesn't seem reasonable to me. Have you ever seen how little damage the supers do?

Okay, I want to make a correction about a certain part of the system. You know the bar below the stage where you can see if the character can be swapped? It appears I was wrong about you needing power to swap characters. You can do it for free (as long as cooldown time is over). That 5 bars are the power of your friend. In other words, you don't get power, it's your striker who does. When you swap, you have the power you obtained in reserve. Also, that Burst thing seems to spend 2 power from your ally, not yours. Don't know if there's a limit on the amount of times you can Burst.

Hope that clears some things. You were right, Bern, power bars are separated. As expected from the Witch of Miracles :yes:

---

Also, another thing. You don't have unlimited power when you change stage. It appears that when you change it, you activate the special ability of the character that activated it AND the reserve character associated with it. Beatrice seems to have unlimited power in that mode, and Siesta has a break boost (it probably means that she gets Break guard faster) if I read correctly (watch 0:50 in the second gameplay video). I don't know if you can choose the abilities, or there is only one for each character, or if you always get the same no matter the character.
Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:06:35 pm by Nanashi_1337
#34  November 24, 2010, 05:12:45 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
there is one ability per character, lucifer has got unlimited offensive tagging, kanon's stops p2 from gaining power, etc...

I blame beatrice or the supers doing little damage, also tagging seems a bit too fast inthe current build so you can build power too fast that way.
#35  November 24, 2010, 05:24:50 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
there is one ability per character, lucifer has got unlimited offensive tagging, kanon's stops p2 from gaining power, etc...

I blame beatrice or the supers doing little damage, also tagging seems a bit too fast inthe current build so you can build power too fast that way.

Well, that can be a little broken. Btw, how do you know that?
#36  November 24, 2010, 06:26:20 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Totally gonna get this by "dishonorable means".  God bless you internet.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#37  November 24, 2010, 07:47:25 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Taken from Dustloop:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10547-Umineko-Fighter-Ougon-Musou-Kyoku

From R07:
The word is finally out.
Today, I'd like to talk about Ougon Musou Kyoku, the centerpiece of it all.

We've been working on this one for a pretty long time now.
We always wanted to make a fighting game some day! So we had a dream, we had the help of many people we will be forever indebted to, and we had a work to put all our effort in.

Actually, the reason we started working of this is because of our talks with BT-san.
(And it's a great pain that he couldn't make it to this day...)
And, after all these years, all these people put so much effort into this.

Netplay, full-voiced. Many tricks we wanted to include in the system, etc. etc.
Anyways, there are tons of combos and ボコスカ (?), so we think we've done a splendid job.

There are also some "Umineko-like" mechanics which can only be seen in Ougon Musou Kyoku, so make sure to enjoy them, too.

For more details on the game, make sure to check out "Ougon Musou Kyoku" website, which is already open to the public.

Characters: (// Ability)
Battler // Resurrection (HP is recovering over time)
Beatrice // InfinitySP (Special Attacks do not consume any SP bar)
Kanon // SilentAttack (Decreases the SP gained by the opponent from your attacks)
Shannon // AutoGuard (Guard is always automatically up if in a guardable situation)
Ronove // CounterBoost (Increases damage dealt by your counters)
Virgilia //Brimful (SP is filling over time)
Eva-Beatrice // Berserk (increase damage done)
Ange // StunBoost (Increases chance of stunning the opponents with your attacks)
Lucifer // AttackTouch (Allows you to use AttackTouch without using a gauge once)
Siesta 410 // BreakBoost (Increases damage dealt to opponent's Break Limit, making guard breaking easier)

Some notes about the gameplay which can be derived from the screenshots, both important and minor:

- There are more than one life bars, at least three of them can be seen (blue, yellow and red). I guess they work the same way as lifes in Darkstalkers.
- You may or may not choose the same characters for both slots on your team - there are no screens with such teams.
- Counter-hits are present.
- There are two versions of each stage. This may or may not have some gameplay meaning.
- The time limit can be greater than 100 seconds, probably because of character switching and multiple life bars.
- The life bar is shared by both characters on the team, as it doesn't change with characters.
- Break Limit gauge is your usual guard gauge, it fills when you block moves and you get a guard break when it's full.
- The gauge that you fill while dealing damage, blocking moves etc. is your second character's SP gauge, so if you want to actually use the gauge that you filled, you must switch characters.
- You may switch characters by spending one stock of your second character's SP gauge. After that, your Assist gauge drops to zero, and you must wait for it to fill to change characters again.
- You may burst by spending two stocks of your second character's SP gauge.
- There are three ways of switching characters, all of which require a filled Assist bar. First, there are Touch (which simply switches characters) and Attack Touch (which comes with a free hit to continue the combo). Both of them cost half a stock of your second character's SP bar, but the former actually gives it to the character you switch from AND gives the now-first character the second character's ability.
- The burst is called Damage Touch, and it's the third way of switching characters. It costs you two stocks of your second character's SP gauge and gives you nothing - except for the burst itself, of course.
- To enter the Meta-Field, you must switch characters at least twice. If you do, your half of the Meta-Field bar turns red, and you can activate it whenever you want. You can probably use it as a cancel, Arcana Heart-style. Activating it also activates the abilities of the two characters you selected.

I edited it a little to add that entering Meta-Field activates the abilities of the character that triggered it, including the character in reserve. This probably should go to the first page, it's really accurate.

----

Moves translation:

Battler:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Beatrice:

Ange:

Lucifer:
Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 08:58:43 am by Nanashi_1337
#38  November 24, 2010, 08:18:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#39  November 24, 2010, 08:32:07 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Well, that can be a little broken. Btw, how do you know that?

I got most of my info from animesuki.

Official page updated witha  new video
http://07th-expansion.net/ogon/Main.htm
Character page updated with bronove and virgilia
http://07th-expansion.net/ogon/character.html

I already put Ronove and Virgilia in my quote. Also, again posting a direct link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862GKbHFCuI

Please Bern, can you put all the info in my quote above (gameplay and move translation) in your first post? Links to videos too.

Also, it appears there's a dizzy state too. Probably the Stun thing mentioned in Ange's ability.

And last, added what the abilities of the characters do in my quote above.

----

Geez, translation for more moves:

Ronove:

Virgilia:
Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:16:52 am by Nanashi_1337
#40  November 25, 2010, 04:18:31 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Site updated now with eva-beatrice and win-chiester 410. new video too.
now I link the video because it confirms 2-4 extar characters, here is hoping for george and jessica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twPWf9hSrQ
Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:59:55 pm by Stocking Bernkastel~