YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 865564 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#1021  February 16, 2013, 04:01:15 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
like I said in the staff thread, I believe missb was way too vague, lack of communication is what brings conflict , not too much communication. Im expecting things to not be as vague next time there is something to discuss.
#1022  February 17, 2013, 10:33:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The general staff is doing a good job with duckass, he is young as has trouble with english, but he is interested in making mugen stuff (if he was not it would really be better to get rid of him), he is like a young warner so maybe he grows into one.
#1023  February 18, 2013, 03:33:24 pm
there's no need to bother valodim with low priority issues like making it so reports can't be used by banned users. it barely happens. just tell dncelestin that if he reports anything during his ban he'll have his reading permissions revoked too.

Mog

#1024  February 18, 2013, 03:44:38 pm
I think it's been used twice by banned users in the last 8 hours.  Revoking reading permissions for people using the report feature to communicate sounds like a good idea.
#1025  February 18, 2013, 03:58:22 pm
celestin kept using it because nobody told him to stop until now and zeroz used it because he's an idiot. it's an issue that can be fixed through simple posts and actions.
#1026  February 18, 2013, 04:16:06 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
It's happened enough in the past that I feel it's worth addressing. Banned users are not supposed to be able to report posts and every time I've seen it done they've used it to continue drama that caused them to be banned in the first place.

Why should we continue to have to tell everyone that does it not to do it when it could be fixed so that it doesn't happen? Assuming it can be. It's been a problem for years.
#1027  February 18, 2013, 04:19:05 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
here is an idea, ban them more. like, revoke their reading access if they do that.
#1028  February 18, 2013, 04:22:55 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
We could do that but I'd rather it not come to that. Bans are usually supposed to be strictly from posting. What you're suggesting [E] is what we can already do, I don't think we've ever needed to do it though(at least recently).

Removing reports for banned users just makes things easier, not having to tell every banned person not to report posts or else they'll be BANNED MORE.

GOH

#1029  February 18, 2013, 05:32:34 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
What you're suggesting [E] is what we can already do, I don't think we've ever needed to do it though(at least recently).
I think we did that with Moolambo when he went crazy.
#1030  February 18, 2013, 08:29:39 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Just remove login privileges if you want to revoke report permissions, then?
#1031  February 18, 2013, 08:55:37 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Just remove login privileges if you want to revoke report permissions, then?
We could do that but I'd rather it not come to that. Bans are usually supposed to be strictly from posting. What you're suggesting [E] is what we can already do, I don't think we've ever needed to do it though(at least recently).

Removing reports for banned users just makes things easier, not having to tell every banned person not to report posts or else they'll be BANNED MORE.
#1032  February 18, 2013, 08:56:46 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Oh. Well, I dunno then. :|
#1033  February 18, 2013, 09:10:57 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
As a request, I was wondering if I could get my old account un-banned? I have to go through a bit of trouble to somehow get the updated versions of Scarlet on here and with this talk of "banned users can't report posts",just makes things a bit harder for me to get the new links on here. I mean, I want to be able to get constructive criticism on Scarlet and this is the best to get some. But whenever wargame10 or someone else posts a thread about her release, it isn't met with any feedback.

I mean, I'm having to rely on the knowledge I have as of now. Plus there's a lot of discussion threads that I'd like to put my input in. Look, I'm not the jerk I was before.
Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:16:20 pm by Kurai
#1034  February 18, 2013, 09:12:47 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Jmorph: We could always switch to doing it that way. If it's not an IP ban, banned users should be able to still read the forum without logging in.

Reporting posts when you're banned is a forum bug though. You aren't supposed to be able to do it. Hmm...I have this nagging feeling that this has been brought up to Val in the past and that it would be a pain in the ass to fix. Hey if any of you get banned and you keep reporting posts you won't be able to login anymore.
#1035  February 18, 2013, 09:25:09 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#1036  February 18, 2013, 09:30:13 pm
    • USA
#1037  February 18, 2013, 09:33:03 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
#1038  February 18, 2013, 09:34:43 pm
    • USA
So, the amount of work I put into improving her everyday is pointless?
#1039  February 18, 2013, 09:35:48 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
If you think it is, then yes.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1040  February 18, 2013, 09:37:01 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
I wouldn't say pointless, it's good to put in work but last time people didn't want to unban you dude, I don't assume that'll change. But who knows.. just wait for some more staff input. You made stupid decisions before, it'd be a shame if those past actions affected you now that a long time has passed.