YesNoOk

Fighter Creator - Main Thread (Read 595469 times)

Started by CSGames, December 08, 2013, 03:52:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Creator
#81  May 09, 2014, 11:53:27 am
    • USA
I would like to see velocity working more like in mugen. From what I've seen in FC, you pretty much set a constant velocity for jumps (And then swap it for a downwards velocity for when you're falling) and the gravity command is just a way to drag everything downwards, even past the floor level.

I don't really have to time to try out the program more but I would like to know more about how it works nowadays because that's pretty much an important point for me if I ever more my game to this engine.

About suggestions, I would really like to be able to use layered music, where I can trigger different songs depending of what happens, and maybe even trigger multiple songs at the same time and individually control the volume of them to create a dynamic soundtrack, like in SFIV.
#82  May 09, 2014, 02:43:29 pm
    • Russia
I cant run it on my PC lol. I see FIGHTER CREATOR in a window and when it goes fullscreen it freezes. Windows 7 x64, processor with 4 cores, video card 1 Gb
Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:44:19 pm by Nolemociy
#83  May 09, 2014, 03:32:55 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
I want the ability to have particle FX and objects like gibs or blood splats that land on the floor to be able to be spawned by any character. Like a set of global effects that can be called on by any character at any time.

that way all characters can have the same effects for hits or blocks without having to implement them for each character individually.
Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:47:41 pm by vgames
#84  May 10, 2014, 12:57:24 am
    • USA
    • justinwaring800@yahoo.com
would it possible to after you create a stage, screen menu or fighter would you be able to put it into mugen? 
#85  May 10, 2014, 01:04:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
They use totally different file types. It can't import or export to/from mugen. That would take a complete rewrite of his program.
#86  May 10, 2014, 09:48:44 am
  • Fighter Creator Developer
    • fightercreator.webs.com
@Red, That was just a simple system I setup for demonstration purposes. If you want that to work like the way it does in Mugen, then you will have to set it up to work that way. Later today I'm going to post an update for Fighter Creator along with a character template showing you how to achieve something similar to what you are looking for.

I will start to explain how Fighter Creator works when I get the time to do it.

You can use multiple sounds at the same time whenever you want and control how loud they are.

@Nolemociy, Are you running the launcher as an administrator?

@vgames, You can do this by using special effects, I just have to update it to allow you to play multiple iterations of the same effect.
#87  May 10, 2014, 11:41:41 am
    • Russia
@CSGames yeah. I'm always doing that
#88  May 10, 2014, 03:58:10 pm
    • USA
I keep getting crashes when trying to save projects or when I try to import images when I'm working on a resource but not when I'm in an actual project.
#89  May 10, 2014, 04:39:25 pm
    • USA
Ok so I guess u can't save anything because its a demo right? Also can u upscale images after u imported them? Can u just set up your project to upscale everything when u preview the game or run the game? Because I'd hate to have to import one pic at a time just to upscale them. I'd like to be able to import an entire folder of pics and then upscale them. Or just let the game upscale everything when I play it.
Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:58:53 pm by vgames
#90  May 10, 2014, 07:46:15 pm
  • Kikou Shou
Vote for this on STEAM!  Click on his banner in his sig to go there.

Request: I asked about the music loop and you said that it wasn't in your engine.  Do you have plans to allow the user to loop certain sections of the music?  Basically, have an audio file that starts from the beginning and allow the user to loop a certain section of it so that the song never ends.  Might not be on your list of important things to do but that is something that mugen has always lacked.
#91  May 10, 2014, 08:31:16 pm
    • Germany
Maybe I have a solution for the problem with the looping, as far as I know it is possible to add loop points to Ogg Vorbis files with the right program, I don't know if Fighter Creater supports ogg files right now, but if you add a support for ogg files with loop points it could solve this problem, unless someone has a better solution.
#92  May 10, 2014, 08:47:56 pm
    • USA
Vote for this on STEAM!  Click on his banner in his sig to go there.

Request: I asked about the music loop and you said that it wasn't in your engine.  Do you have plans to allow the user to loop certain sections of the music?  Basically, have an audio file that starts from the beginning and allow the user to loop a certain section of it so that the song never ends.  Might not be on your list of important things to do but that is something that mugen has always lacked.

Mugen can do music looping nowadays. Both 1.0 and 1.1.
#93  May 10, 2014, 10:04:58 pm
  • Kikou Shou
Thanks guys didn't know this was even implemented.  Just tried it for two stages.

Hopefully Fighter Creator can follow suit!
#94  May 12, 2014, 12:53:39 am
Fighter Creator Update 1.2

Download

Changes/Additions :

*   Fixed a couple of errors with some functions.
   *   Added support for importing/exporting templates for resources. ( Settings Menu )
   *   Added support for duplicating frames.

For demo version users.
Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:52:59 am by CSGames
#95  May 12, 2014, 11:45:55 pm
@Nolemociy, Okay try deleting the Fighter Creator folder in your documents folder.

@vgames, It was just a bug with saving resources, will re-release update 1.2 with this working.
Images currently can only be upscaled when you are importing them, and you can import and upscale an entire folder of images.

This will be coming in the next update, very soon.
Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:12:54 am by CSGames
#96  May 13, 2014, 01:14:00 am
    • USA
That's great to hear. But I was never even asked whether or not I wanted to upscale the pics in a folder I wanted to import. And after they were imported I was never allowed to select the upscale option when I went to edit the pics. I was only allowed to select the upscale option when I imported a pic one at a time.
#97  May 13, 2014, 02:08:49 am
You have the change the import mode before you press the 'Import Images' button. It defaults on normal mode :

Normal Mode - Imports images without upscaling or transparency.
Stage Mode - Imports images with upscaling, no transparency.
Character Mode - Imports images with upscaling and transparency.
HD Sprite - Imports image without upscaling, but with transparency.
#98  May 13, 2014, 04:57:47 am
    • Russia
#99  May 13, 2014, 03:21:22 pm
    • USA
You have the change the import mode before you press the 'Import Images' button. It defaults on normal mode :

Normal Mode - Imports images without upscaling or transparency.
Stage Mode - Imports images with upscaling, no transparency.
Character Mode - Imports images with upscaling and transparency.
HD Sprite - Imports image without upscaling, but with transparency.

thanks for clearing that up. I should have read up on it more.

why transparency on character mode?
#100  May 14, 2014, 02:37:55 am
Because if your sprites have background colors, they will show up in your game, so using transparency will take the first pixel of the image and make that the transparency color.