YesNoOk

SF3 Evil Ryu REMAKE (Read 90167 times)

Started by vyn, June 18, 2018, 04:30:50 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which voice would you be better for this guy?

SFIV Evil Ryu
SFV Kage
Re: SF3 Evil Ryu
#41  July 25, 2018, 04:32:06 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Will the Parry be cancellable to V-Trigger activation after impact?

vyn

#42  July 25, 2018, 04:34:12 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Fuck yeah, parry a safe projectile and then teleport to sounds awesome.
Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:51:30 am by vyn

vyn

#43  July 30, 2018, 01:36:33 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
tatsu is finished, this is the strong version.

Only the light version opens for a juggle afterwards.

#44  July 30, 2018, 03:10:16 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
#45  July 30, 2018, 04:31:23 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Holy Guacamole, that's just looks incredible!
#46  July 30, 2018, 04:54:47 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I would buy that for a dollar.lol Looking prolific Dr.Vyn.

vyn

#47  July 30, 2018, 05:47:53 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
One more update before i go to bed.

This is his V-Skill, its pretty much a mix of SF3 parry and SFIV focus attack.

Its not finished but this is what i got so far. This did require sprite editing, I hope it doesnt look too awkward.

Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:00:36 am by vyn
#48  July 30, 2018, 02:27:59 pm
One more update before i go to bed.

Its not finished but this is what i got so far. This did require sprite editing, I hope it doesnt look too awkward.

the effect on Evil Ryu is solid steel beautiful :truestory: btw during the focus attack, is he able to use other focus attack's sub abilities such as the dash cancelling and dash follow-up just like in sf4?

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!

vyn

#49  July 30, 2018, 07:24:17 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Holy Guacamole, that's just looks incredible!

Tnx bro,

I would buy that for a dollar.lol Looking prolific Dr.Vyn.

Hahah

the effect on Evil Ryu is solid steel beautiful :truestory: btw during the focus attack, is he able to use other focus attack's sub abilities such as the dash cancelling and dash follow-up just like in sf4?

Ive been thinking about this move, Ive put focus attack on my characters before and even though its a cool concept, its difficult to use outside of sfiv, hell it was difficult in sfiv lol. It was fun to code at least.

In mugen everything is multi hit, everything comboes and projectile coding is all over the place so a super armor move loses its purpose.

I think i will make it a Counter move, and yes I will make it dash cancellable to make it even more usable.

So in other words it wll work like this: Press MK+MP (no need to hold) you can wait for it to charge it just like focus attack but instead of absorbing hits, the full move will trigger as soon as you get hit or reach full charge (50 frames) and you can dash cancel at any point of the charge. No half charge release. It breaks defense or super armor if its released either by full charge or counter. Ground contact will stun p2 for quite a bit of time and air contact will open p2 for an easy juggle or a projectile. Full charge release has a small dash during which he will be immune to projectiles. If released from a counter he has full invincibility.

What ive not decided yet is how to handle projectiles hitting p1 during the charge, he could absorb them, get interrupted but not release the full move or just release the full move and sit there waiting to be punished. Also i dont know yet if this move will allow to be cancelled into, which would lead to sfiv advanced combos (attacks > mk+mp > dash > attacks), i think he has enough combo potential already (he has mvc raves and dbfz chase mechanics),

Focus attack really is such a cool concept to play with :).

On another topic ill make his jumps controlable and a bit floaty, such a simple thing definately changes the feeling of a Character from a more traditional system to something more modern.
Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:40:48 pm by vyn
#50  July 31, 2018, 12:13:00 am
So basically a very Long counter stance.. , which is a broken mechanic. Yours is a mvc hybrid, so it's alright for mvc games.. maybe.

With that said, how about
   He releases the attack based on when you press attack. But no auto attack. That's just cheap. So basically he is armored for 1 physical attack.
2.Have him take  projectile hits while normal(he loses hp) but in V-Trigger, he aborbs basic projectiles or 0 damage, or even deflection (ok im stepping out of line here)
3. Should be combo'd into, it's the way of the Satsui No Hado. (Ex. 60 normal hits > Hadoken x10 > V-skill) The V-skill cancel should expend meter, IF combo'd into.
4. Have him weak to low hits,
5. Related to #2. Have him miss projectiles if you dash cancel out
6. Have opponents bleed through their intestines after that punch, then you may finish him off. :muttrox:

vyn

#51  July 31, 2018, 04:21:39 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
hmmm, food for thought, tnx for the input man, love these discussions. Number 5 is definately in and ill continue to test the move.

On a separate topic. Im really struggling with the mule kick as a special, seems so pointless and since im not using ex-moves this time i think ill just use the sprites for the horizontal launcher instead of what i have right now, seems more fitting.

This was his previous launcher, looks kinda weak to IMO.

#52  July 31, 2018, 08:32:46 pm
That move looks strong, but probably  looks wierd as a launcher.
You can try this: have Ryu launch with the first part of his axe kick(2hit Str.K). It will be vertical though
kinda like Kim(KOF)

Mule kick? you mean this?

I would just have the opponent pop-off the ground after that one. It will also be  mid-attack, so block high.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#53  July 31, 2018, 11:01:31 pm
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
hello everybody.
a huge Ryu fan,cool he is one of my favs. -i am sf fan too- i am downloading him.

vyn

#54  August 02, 2018, 08:32:53 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
That move looks strong, but probably  looks wierd as a launcher.
You can try this: have Ryu launch with the first part of his axe kick(2hit Str.K). It will be vertical though

Mule kick? you mean this?
I would just have the opponent pop-off the ground after that one. It will also be  mid-attack, so block high.

i mean his sf3 mule kick

hello everybody.
a huge Ryu fan,cool he is one of my favs. -i am sf fan too- i am downloading him.

lol

on some updates, this is his focus attack so far, im not showing the full charge of course, its like 50% finished id say.

Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 07:08:30 am by vyn

vyn

#55  August 03, 2018, 06:55:37 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
scratch that, im turning the whole thing electric.

#56  August 03, 2018, 07:07:41 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Oh man, that looks sick.

vyn

#57  August 06, 2018, 07:20:53 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
here is progress on his V-Trigger, a modified ashura senku this would be the ground version.

Its got a lot of work to do still but damn its very fun to use right now.

Notice the clear eye and teeth to make him look extra evil

Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:26:52 am by vyn
#58  August 06, 2018, 07:25:42 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
The white teeth personally looks silly than threatning imo, mostly for the dash.  The red eyes on the dash is enough, but that is just me.

The Ashura looks amazing.
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:30:47 am by Kirishima
#59  August 06, 2018, 08:39:56 am
great work!!

can't wait to try him against my sagat. ;) ;)
#60  August 06, 2018, 04:04:52 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Personally, I think the dash is too fast as is, and is a little unfair to someone else who is fighting him as they can't tell where he's going to end up. Take Akuma's warp in SF3 (or any other 2D game he's in) his warp may be fast in some of the games, but you can still tell approximately where he's going to be to try and counter. I know that when you're fighting a CPU, it's not really an issue, but I just bring this up as food for thought.

Alternatively, consider making it cost meter. Especially if it has a super pause during the whole thing.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.