YesNoOk

Project Catch 'Em All (Read 780618 times)

Started by Ryon, September 12, 2013, 02:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project Catch 'Em All
#101  September 17, 2013, 02:35:56 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Maybe more defensive moves could be added, like Blastoise's protect

#102  September 17, 2013, 10:26:27 am
Here is My second stage wich is the Poke Beach edited from different stages.

Alexe did the coding again for this stage.
#103  September 17, 2013, 10:51:23 am
    • USA
    • axlrose051@aol.com
looks pretty great as a MAJOR pokemon fan myself the game is pretty great! just wish there was a better selection of pokemon but that can change over time good work!!
#104  September 17, 2013, 11:32:49 am
  • "The Future is Now"
Here is My second stage wich is the Poke Beach edited from different stages.

Alexe did the coding again for this stage.

the one thing i don't understand about your stage and the main reason why I dislike it.

WHY is the water falling over like that?

it looks like moses parted the beach.
#105  September 17, 2013, 12:24:04 pm
#106  September 18, 2013, 12:06:48 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
looks pretty great as a MAJOR pokemon fan myself the game is pretty great! just wish there was a better selection of pokemon but that can change over time good work!!

Thanks! Not to worry, it certainly will. Pikachu is basically done. I started on Venusaur and Ryon's working on Ryhorn.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#107  September 18, 2013, 12:16:59 pm
Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:28:26 pm by ferretsshadow
#108  September 18, 2013, 02:21:22 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
found these sprites hope they're useful to you guys:  http://sprites.pokecheck.org/?trainers

on a side note will skitty be making an appearance in this game :D
Hmm, well we're not using those trainer sprites. Primarily because they don't have the full animations we need to really make them worth putting in. If we were to use those trainers, they'd just stand there in their animated states. No attacking animation. No throwing animation. Not sure what we could do with them.

Skitty? Maybe... why, is it your favorite?

#109  September 18, 2013, 06:32:46 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Hmm, well we're not using those trainer sprites. Primarily because they don't have the full animations we need to really make them worth putting in. If we were to use those trainers, they'd just stand there in their animated states. No attacking animation. No throwing animation. Not sure what we could do with them.

If that seems to be the only problem, I could probably easily enough do a simple animation for tossing the pokeball as well as pointing to attack. It'd be a good return from my spriting hiatus, and me and my Pokemon fanatic girlfriend are really enjoying following this project, so anything to help.
#110  September 18, 2013, 06:39:35 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

If that seems to be the only problem, I could probably easily enough do a simple animation for tossing the pokeball as well as pointing to attack. It'd be a good return from my spriting hiatus, and me and my Pokemon fanatic girlfriend are really enjoying following this project, so anything to help.

That would be awesome! As much as I'd like to get better at spriting, I still suck at it right now, lol. :)

#111  September 18, 2013, 06:45:04 pm
exactly a good spriter like the guy above would be needed so I figured it was worth showing in hopes you could find the artist needed.  so glad you found one

lol yes I stopped watching/playing pokemon before that generation came out but seeing that cat dance around and *uck around all the time on tiv when my little brother watched it made it my favorite xD
#112  September 18, 2013, 06:47:31 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
That would be awesome! As much as I'd like to get better at spriting, I still suck at it right now, lol. :)
I tell ya man, spriting is a process and a struggle starting out, haha.

If you can pinpoint maybe a few trainers you want from that sheet posted, I can probably get back to you with something more concrete by the end of the week, as i'm off from work.  :)
#113  September 18, 2013, 06:57:18 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Yeah man, bless you for being able to stick it out. :)

That first one of the Male Hero (First Row - 000) and the Scientist (Second Row - 051) look pretty good. Thank you for this very much. :D

exactly a good spriter like the guy above would be needed so I figured it was worth showing in hopes you could find the artist needed.  so glad you found one

lol yes I stopped watching/playing pokemon before that generation came out but seeing that cat dance around and *uck around all the time on tiv when my little brother watched it made it my favorite xD
Ah ok. Well what do you know, Chatman to the rescue! Thanks for the link.

I see. Well, maybe. I have to see his sprites to see if they're any good. But yeah, after that it's a possibility.

#114  September 18, 2013, 11:28:49 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
If possible. I'd like Kris (Crystal girl) as a trainer.
#115  September 19, 2013, 12:57:00 pm
Pretty sure those sprites are from B/W 2, it'd be nice if you can change the trainer sprite style to that, but it'd require extra sheeting though.
EDIT:
I might try spriting Ruby in that style though since he's not there, and will probably sheet him given enough time (Ruby is the guy from PKMN Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby I think..... in the manga anyway)
or a custom character, no promises though since I'm busy.
#116  September 19, 2013, 01:05:21 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
This needs more females :P
#117  September 19, 2013, 02:17:56 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Pretty sure those sprites are from B/W 2, it'd be nice if you can change the trainer sprite style to that, but it'd require extra sheeting though.
EDIT:
I might try spriting Ruby in that style though since he's not there, and will probably sheet him given enough time (Ruby is the guy from PKMN Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby I think..... in the manga anyway)
or a custom character, no promises though since I'm busy.
Um... yeah. It says so on the site. I don't care what style it's in as long as it fits well with the other sprites.

This needs more females :P
Yeah, Joshr didn't make any female trainers in that style, so it's a "sausage fest" XD.

#118  September 19, 2013, 03:52:06 pm
  • ♫♪∑☪ Lone Wolf ☪∑♪♫
    • Cuba
    • csmugen.ucoz.com
Alexei, Ryon, bros i'm loving this project, M.U.G.E.N needs this, i'm so hyped about this Lol! About the stages are you guys planning to make them Low-Res, cause i think the quality can be improved without clashing with the chars, btw did you guys find a stage coder yet, or are you guys gonna code everything.

Random:
-Who's that Pokemon?

-It's Chikorita!

(My fave Pokemon  :laugh4:)
„ø¤º°"°º¤ø„¨"°º¤ø„¸ ♫♪∑☪ Eternal Legend ☪∑♪♫ ¸„ø¤º°"¨„ø¤º°"°º¤ø„
#119  September 19, 2013, 04:21:29 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Yep. They're all low-res. Bound are all set to 0 to make things more simple. To be honest, the only reason why that was done like that is because the trainers have no run animations. If they did, then we could extend the bounds of each stage and have the characters run back to their locations after being moved from them. You know, if they're hit to a different part of the stage. As it stands now, the trainers would just float there, sliding on the ground.

We code the stages. We don't have a dedicated coder for that. No need honestly.

Lol, Chikorita is your favorite? Well I can't guarantee that he'll be in the next update (because he won't), but we'll be sure to make it eventually. :) Same goes with Skitty, @ferretshadow.

#120  September 19, 2013, 05:29:32 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Check your PM mayne