YesNoOk

Project Catch 'Em All (Read 780840 times)

Started by Ryon, September 12, 2013, 02:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project Catch 'Em All
#181  September 25, 2013, 09:41:34 pm
I enjoyed it a lot and the sprites are amazing but the A.I mostly always wins I think there should be some sort of (dodge timed mechanic )
to give you more of chance , because we might as well not even bother using some of the special attacks because they either take to long to charge back up or they barely do any damage , but it's an amazing game none the less nice to see someone use mugen in another different way.

demo rating - 8 out of 10 = one of better High quality  mugen games out there , will be keeping in my collection and looking forward to any new updates , hope we can play as pikachu , starmie and mewtwo one day. :)
#182  September 25, 2013, 09:44:49 pm
Do you have a roster planned already or are you open to suggestions? 'Cause Missingno. He needs some lovin'.

MissingNo should be selectable only with the randomselect; that would be fun.
"I want a random Pokemon now." Bam! MissingNo appears!
#183  September 25, 2013, 09:48:29 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
hehe i too picture Missingno as a hyper rare boss encounter, with his own sprite corrupted stage.
His attacks could represent different glitches, and his life bar could stick out of the chart XD

Btw Liamx2000  you can always use some attacks to defend yourself or intercep the enemy, it all depends on the timing, just dont hit as soon as your ATB his full.  :D

For example, Flamethrower from Quilava, doenst deal to much damage when the opponent is far, but you can use it to burn most of incoming projectyles attacks :)
#184  September 25, 2013, 11:53:51 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Trainer progress:
Stand

Lose

The face in the stand is a tentative mad scientist smile.
#185  September 26, 2013, 12:02:06 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
So cool...

#186  September 26, 2013, 12:40:26 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
awesome scientist he look very crazy well done chatman
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#187  September 26, 2013, 01:57:41 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#188  September 26, 2013, 02:08:15 am
    • USA
Thanks you guys!
#189  September 26, 2013, 02:11:46 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
I enjoyed it a lot and the sprites are amazing but the A.I mostly always wins I think there should be some sort of (dodge timed mechanic )
to give you more of chance , because we might as well not even bother using some of the special attacks because they either take to long to charge back up or they barely do any damage , but it's an amazing game none the less nice to see someone use mugen in another different way.

demo rating - 8 out of 10 = one of better High quality  mugen games out there , will be keeping in my collection and looking forward to any new updates , hope we can play as pikachu , starmie and mewtwo one day. :)

Thanks! It's always nice to see feedback and people enjoying this. :) Yep, the AI is far from finished and currently selects a random move as soon as it can. I'm still contemplating on how I can make it better.

Pikachu will be in the next update for sure. Mewtwo is unplayable, but you could play as him by moving him to a selectable slot. Starmie... hmm. I think I'll make him eventually, but he won't be in the next update.

MissingNo should be selectable only with the randomselect; that would be fun.
"I want a random Pokemon now." Bam! MissingNo appears!
I'm not against it. :) I'll have to do some research. If we do make him, it'll most likely be one of the later releases.

hehe i too picture Missingno as a hyper rare boss encounter, with his own sprite corrupted stage.
His attacks could represent different glitches, and his life bar could stick out of the chart XD

Btw Liamx2000  you can always use some attacks to defend yourself or intercep the enemy, it all depends on the timing, just dont hit as soon as your ATB his full.  :D

For example, Flamethrower from Quilava, doenst deal to much damage when the opponent is far, but you can use it to burn most of incoming projectyles attacks :)

Exactly, that's what I keep telling my brother (who I have test it randomly. :P) It's a strategy game. You (can but shouldn't) can't just attack as soon as you can. The AI does though, lol. One thing I've noticed and am going to try to fix everywhere is that some attacks that shouldn't be, can be done almost instantly. No startup time at all. Blastoise comes to mind.

#190  September 26, 2013, 02:20:15 am
    • USA
Hey, question, what should I do as the scientist's win anim?

Right now I'm either thinking the chuckle I'm using as a base, or a horribly over exaggerated laugh ending with Sol's dragon install animation as the final laugh.
#191  September 26, 2013, 02:22:09 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Hey, question, what should I do as the scientist's win anim?

Right now I'm either thinking the chuckle I'm using as a base, or a horribly over exaggerated laugh ending with Sol's dragon install animation as the final laugh.

I'm thinking a chuckle that eases into a horribly exaggerated laugh and ends looping there. :D. Like, that insane laugh you see in Anime a lot.

#192  September 26, 2013, 02:25:03 am
    • USA
Will do!
#193  September 26, 2013, 02:26:09 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

#194  September 26, 2013, 08:02:06 pm
    • Spain

And finished...  i guess!

Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:06:24 pm by Daeron
#195  September 26, 2013, 08:11:52 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
That's pursuit right?

#196  September 26, 2013, 08:17:29 pm
    • Spain
Nope, just the walk animation for the pokemons to return to their standing space.
Pursuit will remain as before, its a really fast attack to even bother with a complex sprite, it could use some purple afterimages to look cooler.
#197  September 26, 2013, 09:03:14 pm
So lovely work and results there. You guys are all doing Great.
#198  September 27, 2013, 05:25:55 am
  • "The Future is Now"
Sorry im not checking in on this topic as much. (Grand Theft Auto 5 has captured me)

But If I didnt mention it , Im working on Clefable, her attacks are done, need a bit of perfecting, and im working on Metronome.
So... thats gonna be the hardest move I code for a while.

But once Clefable is done, and we tweak up the rest of the issues, you guys are gonna get a full update report... Its lengthy.
#199  September 27, 2013, 01:22:37 pm
    • Spain
(Grand Theft Auto 5 has captured me)

I am being captured by that game too XD
But nice to hear about cleafable, did you know guys that cleafairy initially was supposed to be the pokemon´s mascot instead of Pikachu? :D
Cant wait for the update :P
#200  October 02, 2013, 09:56:16 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
I made this one

By Blizzard Bufalo

By me, can I use this for make Squirtle for your project I like this Mugen a lot amigo

And, how Fighter Factory you use for Open the SFF files? I use Mugen Character Maker for make my Tekken chars amigo

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu