YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2633987 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#181  December 20, 2011, 05:07:10 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#182  December 20, 2011, 06:24:10 am
    • USA
I got to demo it at Discover Mills mall earlier this month and I can say that its not worth the hefty price tag. Yeah, Uncharted and those niche indie titles looked nice, but its not worth 50 bones.

GOH

#183  December 20, 2011, 10:55:07 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
http://www.shacknews.com/article/71644/steam-2011-holiday-sale-makes-getting-coal-in-your-stocking
http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale/details

The annual Steam holiday sale kicked off today promising the usual array of specials, game packs, daily deals. The big news, though, is the two-part contest running as part of the sale. When the sale concludes on January 1, one lucky shopper is going to walk away with every single game on Steam. The promotion has kicked Steam's usually rock-solid offline right after the announcement, presumably a result of those eager to get their chances for the grand prize.

Here's how it works. To get a chance at seeing your name announced as the big winner come January 2, you need to play the daily "Great Gift Pile" challenges to accumulate coal. Yep, that stuff for the bad boys and girls could be your ticket to PC gaming nirvana. Each day of the sale, six new challenges will be available. For every one you complete you receive either a "winning" gift of a full game or coupon or the consolation prize of a lump of coal.

That coal is valuable, though. Each lump counts as an entry for the grand prize. So the more you accumulate, the better your shot at it. But, for those looking for a little more sure-thing, seven lumps of coal can be crafted together for a pick from the Great Gift Pile, with the promise of not getting a lump of coal in return. And, for the truly enterprising, both the coal and gifts can be traded on Steam, opening up a whole other avenue of wheeling and dealing.

It's all about the risk-reward equation. Do you want one shot at the epic prize or a deal you know you'll get? Oh, and just to make things a little extra interesting, though most of the coupons are for after the sale, a few special "Golden" coupons will be in there that can be used during the holiday sale to get a bonus savings.
#184  December 21, 2011, 04:12:53 am
  • SIM SIMMAH WHO GOT THE KEYS TO MAH BEEMER
Insert stupid sig here.
#185  December 21, 2011, 04:23:26 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
How exactly do you make an HD remake with less frames of animation than the SNES original?
#186  December 21, 2011, 04:29:15 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
With a lower budget.

You sure that atrocious frame rate isn't the video uploader's fault? nvm I checked his other videos, the joke in the first line of my post is probably accurate.
Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:33:05 am by ReDead
#187  December 21, 2011, 05:09:04 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
They will make money with that purchasable armor and sub tanks. Lol. I was able to tolerate the video til I saw that.

Good to see such a valued franchise is has been shit on so heavily by Capcom lately.
#188  December 21, 2011, 06:20:30 am
    • USA
And I thought the fans wanted Mega Man... ::)
#189  December 21, 2011, 09:44:51 am
Please. Don't do that. It's not cool to shit on the fanbase anymore, we don't even care about being in UMvC3 anymore just give us SOMETHING.
#190  December 21, 2011, 10:59:53 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
And I thought the fans wanted Mega Man... ::)

How the crap does that excuse this horrible piece of a rip off? Even I'm frustrated by this even though I don't care much about the X series.

GOH

#191  December 21, 2011, 12:14:49 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Yeah for a game that was pretty cool in its original form, this looks like a big pile of cow dung.
#192  December 21, 2011, 12:22:00 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
*shakes head* @capcom

#193  December 21, 2011, 05:03:54 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
#194  December 21, 2011, 07:24:46 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Now there's far more to speculate about this 'official' time line than before. Why 3 paths? why is failing a different time line? shouldn't WW and TP change places?
#195  December 21, 2011, 07:49:27 pm
Bioware continues to ruin the Dragon Age IP: http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-dragon-age-taking-cues-from-skyrim-6347939?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B7

This apparently has to do with the guy now in charge of the franchise, Mike Laidlaw, who says he didn't like DA: O and how it played, and that DA2 is how IT would've been if he's in charge. WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY AND WHY IS HE IN CHARGE? I swear this guy is worse than the guy in charge of Zelda (HURR HURR OLD ZELDA IS TOO HARD I CANT BEAT THE OCTOROK).
#196  December 21, 2011, 07:51:09 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
#197  December 21, 2011, 08:00:38 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Now there's far more to speculate about this 'official' time line than before. Why 3 paths? why is failing a different time line? shouldn't WW and TP change places?
Why do you think tp should replace ww? I think they got the thing pretty damn right for once I don't understand why four sword and four sword adventures are that far apart iirc its the same link. 
#198  December 21, 2011, 10:40:34 pm
  • hecc
Megaman X iOS remake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbht_bSvKcs

Dear god this looks horrible.
so thats how capcom is trying to win back megaman fans?
thats a pretty shitty attempt and *gets to 6:20 of the video*
THEY ACTUALLY HAD THE BALLS TO DO THAT?!?
ok you know what, the last thing i'm buying from Capcom Co., Ltd. for a while is Street fighter X Tekken. they want to half-ass games and charge you extra shit for things that should already be included in the game. they can fuck themselves then
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#199  December 21, 2011, 10:45:09 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Aren't we jumping the gun a little? I mean, it hasn't actually been clearly stated that they're either early unlocks to get an advantage over the game or full on DLC. Maybe you can still find them the hard way.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#200  December 21, 2011, 10:47:01 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
..we talk about capcom, dont be a fool @mightykombat :-)