YesNoOk

Blanka and Genjuro Kibagami updated (Read 15804 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, June 14, 2019, 12:46:05 am
Share this topic:
Re: Blanka and Genjuro Kibagami updated
#21  June 18, 2019, 06:51:34 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Nice, dowloading both rn. Thank you!
#22  June 18, 2019, 07:35:24 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
- You're actually wrong about this. You can pause this animations frame by frame in CvS2 and they do not have landing effects.
Actually, that was on purpose. I do not consider any detail or aesthetics for accuracy to the source game. It's a personal preference to make the character nice and clean as possible. I'm not using CvS2 as a source as I already know that the aesthetics in there are really bad. I do think you should make the gameplay accurate to it, but not the effects as it's one of the worst looking games Capcom has ever done. This is supposed to be a PotS style character, not a CvS2 style one.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#23  June 18, 2019, 01:41:08 pm
    • Australia
You could just add those effects yourself as per your personal preference
#24  June 18, 2019, 02:15:13 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

The Delta command is still difficult. I've only gotten it about 2-3 times over the course of around 5 minutes of constantly trying it.
DB -> tap F, U doesn't work the way I hoped. It's like the Easy Command given to Jmm's chars but super-strict.
Also, consistency because it's weird not having an easy command on one char.
EDIT: Getting the hang of it when comparing it to Jmm's Guile but still tough, some times I somehow do his LVL1/2 Supers.
And I think the Electric Hitsound problem comes out of it being too quiet, it's quite muffled and it's barely noticable during his supers.

Finally, is the 3P Shout of Earth supposed to do tiny damage? I checked USF4 for reference and it did good damage when it hit.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 02:52:01 pm by RagingRowen
#25  June 18, 2019, 08:58:58 pm
- You're actually wrong about this. You can pause this animations frame by frame in CvS2 and they do not have landing effects.
Actually, that was on purpose. I do not consider any detail or aesthetics for accuracy to the source game. It's a personal preference to make the character nice and clean as possible. I'm not using CvS2 as a source as I already know that the aesthetics in there are really bad. I do think you should make the gameplay accurate to it, but not the effects as it's one of the worst looking games Capcom has ever done. This is supposed to be a PotS style character, not a CvS2 style one.

The aesthetics in CVS2 are bad ? are yo for real ? 

Thanks for the updates will be grabbing both.
#26  June 18, 2019, 09:58:28 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Some feedback for Blanka:

- I was hit during Anti-Ground Lvl3 super - the move was interrupted but the FX didn't disappear.
- Palette Guide for Jmorphman's Benimaru is still present in Palettes folder.
#27  June 19, 2019, 12:46:51 am
    • USA
The aesthetics in CVS2 are bad ? are yo for real ? 
Have you not seen the oversized hitsparks, misplaced sounds, lo-res effects, and the lack of envshake in certain parts CvS2 has? Watch this video and you can see that:

The gameplay and mechanics themselves are fine, just not those.
#28  June 19, 2019, 12:58:47 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I don't think they are THAT BAD, but of course they could be better. The only thing I don't really like about it are the pixelated FX that are very noticiable.
#29  June 19, 2019, 02:43:05 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Okay, I took your advice into consideration. Have in mind that characters like Jmorphman's Demitri do have standing attacks where he leaves the ground (s.MK, s.HK, and I think his throw too?) and he did not add any landng vfxs to those normals. I tried it out with Blanka anyway and I must admit that it looks better with landing effect. So they are in, thanks for the suggestion. Oh but they look horrible with the throw animation, so only or the discussed normals.
The Delta command is still difficult. I've only gotten it about 2-3 times over the course of around 5 minutes of constantly trying it.
DB -> tap F, U doesn't work the way I hoped. It's like the Easy Command given to Jmm's chars but super-strict.
Also, consistency because it's weird not having an easy command on one char.
EDIT: Getting the hang of it when comparing it to Jmm's Guile but still tough, some times I somehow do his LVL1/2 Supers.
And I think the Electric Hitsound problem comes out of it being too quiet, it's quite muffled and it's barely noticable during his supers.
I really don't want this to come off as some garbage "git gud" comment but you just need to practice the command. If you are somehow pulling a LVL1/2 while trying to do Shout of Earth it's because you're not following the instructions properly. Why do I know this? Because with the buffering system that mimics SOCD cleaning, you can't actually do BFBF supers like Direct Lightning while holding down. If you're pulling a Direct Lightning while trying to do Delta it's because you released down. Maybe my explanation wasn't clear enough:
charge (hold down+back), then tap foward, then tap up, then press 3 punches or kicks while still holding down+back (do not release down+back at any point of the command). By doing this you should be able to perform both versions Shout of Earth consistently.
https://streamable.com/uielc
I swar I'm not using stick for this demonstration.
It's not weird not to add an easy command, Guile was released 7 years ago, and while he still plays really good, JNPmorphman's buffering system was not even a thing back then. There was a point of having an easy command back then where the only option was to put a command that could not be done in keyboard, but now? No, not at all.

Finally, is the 3P Shout of Earth supposed to do tiny damage? I checked USF4 for reference and it did good damage when it hit.
Good catch, I fucked it up while changing it only to hit air opponents. Now the move can hit fall opponents and does the damage it's supposed to.
Some feedback for Blanka:

- I was hit during Anti-Ground Lvl3 super - the move was interrupted but the FX didn't disappear.
- Fixed.
- Palette Guide for Jmorphman's Benimaru is still present in Palettes folder.
- Woops.

Blanka updated. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.
Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)
#30  June 19, 2019, 02:52:23 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Thanks for correcting the SoE.
I'm slowly getting used to the Buffering, I just have to get the timing just right.
Maybe if Jmorphman eventually releases updated chars with this updated system I can get to understanding it more.
Also shouldn't there be more than just Watermelons in his Eating winpose?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:01:53 am by RagingRowen
#31  June 19, 2019, 03:24:24 am
    • USA
I don't think they are THAT BAD, but of course they could be better. The only thing I don't really like about it are the pixelated FX that are very noticiable.
Maybe I only played the PS2 version, that's why I'm used to seeing it there. Since there's a Gamecube and Xbox version, do they look better on those platforms?

Okay, I took your advice into consideration. Have in mind that characters like Jmorphman's Demitri do have standing attacks where he leaves the ground (s.MK, s.HK, and I think his throw too?) and he did not add any landng vfxs to those normals. I tried it out with Blanka anyway and I must admit that it looks better with landing effect. So they are in, thanks for the suggestion. Oh but they look horrible with the throw animation, so only or the discussed normals.
For the case of Jmorphman's Demitri, only one of his foot touches on the floor, not both and they have to touch the floor at the same time. Plus, it's relatively quick so it doesn't work in that case. I should let you know that Jmorphman's other characters like his Guile has them. So if he had missed it, he would have put it in. And yeah, you're right about the throw. I tested other characters using throws and none of them ever uses the landing animation during them. So I will leave that as an exception. Thanks again for hearing me out.