Share this topic:
Kim
#1  December 13, 2008, 12:04:26 pm
Re: Kim
#2  December 13, 2008, 12:53:29 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Did you rip the sprites yourself, or did you get them from a website such as mugenchina ?
I'm asking this because from the video, it looks like many sprites are misaligned. For example, you can see Kim slide a little during his intro, same goes during most of his kicks.

You used CVS sparks on some of his move, but didn't put the animation using alpha channel, so we can see the black outlines.
I guess the sounds will come later one.
Velocities feel kinda weird from what I can see, as well as the hitpauses.

If you've coded everything using the mugen docs or other tutorials, I think you now perfectly understand how to code moves and such. What you have to do now is work more on the gameplay and the mechanics of your character. Play KOF 2k3 or whatever KOF game and try to replicate the moves from the game correctly.
There are many tutorials on the net (look at Vans' KOF tuto in the tutorials section of the forum) to help you with this, if you want somehow a minimum of accuracy, or you could do everything just using your eyes, but making it feel right.
Of course, I'm not telling you to go for accuracy, as they may not be your goal at all, but the character has to feel right when we play with it. No jerky moves or awkward damages and such.

Good luck and good continuation. ;)

BC

Re: Kim
#3  December 13, 2008, 01:19:45 pm
    • UK
to make them hitsparks look as they should, find the animation(if your using fighter factory) and you'll see a box called trans  type A in there. this adds transparency and removes the ugly black border from around them. make sure you do that for all frames.(there also is a button to apply that to all frames.)
Accepting commissions