YesNoOk

Haruhi (from Choiyer's Haruhi) (Read 79315 times)

Started by Zero-Sennin, July 26, 2010, 12:15:24 am
Share this topic:
Re: Haruhi (from Choiyer's Haruhi)
#21  July 26, 2010, 06:33:36 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Ohhhh, wow. Leave for a few hours and everyone explodes all over the thread in a nice, awesome way.

OK, first things first. Prepare for quotes.

STUFF

I appreciate the effort, Seravy, I really do. So, here's what I've decided to do.

The helper alterations and damage reductions, I'll add into the character myself based on the corrections you made, because I've been doing fixes since release and it'll help me remember what to do next time. You get credit for all of the bugfixes, no doubt.

I've tried out the AI that you've written, and it's pretty good. I'll take a close look at it and figure out what I want to do, but ultimately, my goal is to try and write it myself. Understand that I am not begrudging your work--your notations make sense and I can put them to good use.

Thanks a lot, really.

^ this

and what happened to the SOS crash?

no evasion roll?
no you know what move when you press z to cancel shoulder throw?
I can do 3 mikuru beams is that normal?
IMO maybe it's better if mikuru and yuki supers are combined with the old sos crash.like kyosuke's in cvs

this haruhi has potential and If done right it might be better than choiyer's....

SOS DAN Attack was listed as a to-do item. I've done it more or less the way Choiyer did (debating about the fancy sparkles and stuff, but they'll get in there once I get the rips out of Choiyer's SFF).

No, no power charge or evasion roll. The former is not something I like to put in my characters anymore, though I have done it on occasion. Same sort of goes for evasion roll, but I'm normally more flexible with that particular feature.

Molester grab is out. Konata's team up is more than enough compensation for that.

The Mikuru Beam spams were an error on my part. Don't worry, I've got that sorted out.

Anyway, very short feedback :
- Batter Up! projectile could rebound on the ground instead of going through it.
- Dynamic Entry! in the air doesn't feel natural in terms of change of vels, but hey, that's for gameplay.
- Air S.O.S. JOUST's FX has shadow when hitting the opponent (ignorehitpause missing).

-Will be done.
-:wacko: Glad to see we're in agreement.
-I'm on it.

*phew*

Didn't forget anything, I trust?
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#22  July 26, 2010, 06:50:05 pm
  • Recreation
Didn't forget anything, I trust?
Backdash also counts as a jump, allowing you to do short hopping aerial attacks.
That does include DYNAMIKO ENTERY.
Allowing for easy surprise DYNAMIC ENTRIES when enemies least expect it.

And it could use a bit more combo ability.
What about the specials to supers canceling?

And SOS Joust has fast startup after the superpause, and goes across the screen pretty fast.
Any enemy that isn't blocking during the superpause is basically screwed.

And to be honest, I don't get why enemies fly really high when they get jousted.
#23  July 26, 2010, 06:58:54 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
And to be honest, I don't get why enemies fly really high when they get jousted.

I've got a thing for dramatic flair, truthfully. If you play Project Lensman, Kaneda's superpunch super does the same thing, heh heh.

I just tried out a horizontal equivalent though. Just as satisfying, so I'll keep it, slow down the startup, and add special->super canceling as well as fix the back dash. :)

Considering what I've been hearing about my chip damage values lately, I might as well ask. What do most people use for theirs? At this point, I'm considering ~1/3rd damage as my new standard as opposed to 1/2, but if smaller is better, I don't mind going down further.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#24  July 26, 2010, 07:01:36 pm
  • Recreation

I've got a thing for dramatic flair, truthfully. If you play Project Lensman, Kaneda's superpunch super does the same thing, heh heh.

I just tried out a horizontal equivalent though. Just as satisfying, so I'll keep it, slow down the startup, and add special->super canceling as well as fix the back dash. :)

Considering what I've been hearing about my chip damage values lately, I might as well ask. What do most people use for theirs? At this point, I'm considering ~1/3rd damage as my new standard as opposed to 1/2, but if smaller is better, I don't mind going down further.
Well, you gotta show us screenshots of the amount of chip damage compared to the amount of real damage.
Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:05:57 pm by Kawaii-Desu♥
#25  July 26, 2010, 07:11:00 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
I can list the values straight out as they are now. I started lowering from 1/2 to 1/3rd (a little bit) with this release, but it's not supposed to be precisely 1/3rd or anything like that.

These are coming from the copy of the character I have, so if it's different from the release's values, don't be surprised.

SOS Joust (ground) = 200 unblocked, 80 blocked
SOS Joust (air) = 200 total, 80 when blocked
Molester Team Up Special = 200 when it connects (the first hit does no damage on block)
Yuki Striker = 210 unblocked total, 65 when blocked
Mikuru Striker = 200 unblocked total, 90 when blocked.

SOS DAN Attack does 300 damage-- it is unblockable if the first hit connects, but the first hit does no damage to begin with and is blockable to boot.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:14:22 pm by Zero-Sennin
#26  July 26, 2010, 07:29:02 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil

1/2 for chip damage in the current days is absurd, there isn't any game that uses these value, try something between 15-20%.

And...

Do you mean...

... this?
Hmm...might as well add that, yeah. For a super, obviously.

It was actually a joke  --; Actually I regreted after posting it.
Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:47:18 pm by Zzyzzyxx
#27  July 26, 2010, 07:46:44 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
For cheap damage, I usually go around 10% for normals, and up to 15% for supers. I can, in rare cases, go even higher up to 30 or 40%, but only if it's for a Lv2/Lv3 super which main purpose is to have high block damage.
#28  July 26, 2010, 07:54:16 pm
  • Recreation
For cheap damage, I usually go around 10% for normals, and up to 15% for supers. I can, in rare cases, go even higher up to 30 or 40%, but only if it's for a Lv2/Lv3 super which main purpose is to have high block damage.
You mind as well make it unblockable if it's supposed to have like 30/40/50% block damage.
#29  July 26, 2010, 07:58:53 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
What do most people use for theirs?
Depends on the move.

Most normal and special attacks and projectiles : 0 (zero)
Some normal or special attacks and projectiles : 1-10 (only where it does make sense, like a hit with a baseball bat/hammer, or a sharp projectile like a knife, and only if the move cannot be used in a spamming fashion).

Some slow special moves where the only reason for using the move is the high guarded damage can have much more, but those must be slow enough to get interrupted easily (as you can't guard well against them)...however, making unguardable attacks from these is a better solution.

Generally, no chip damage or very minimal (5-10% or less) is best on non-supers.

Supers are a completely different thing altogether.
They can have any amount, IF that is reflected in the other parameters of the attack.
For example
Expensive, medium damage, slow, interruptable : any amount is probably ok, even completely unguardable would probably work if it's slow enough.
Expensive, but high damage and fast or uninterruptable : no place for guarded damage here. It's powerful enough without it.
etc...
costs, restrictions, damage, speed, interruptability, invincibility frames (f there are any), area of attack (from punch up to a fullscreen explosion) and chip damage together needs to result in a balanced attack.
If you want high chip damage on your super, increase the power cost, or nerf some other parameters (make it slower for example).

Think about it this way :
If you are guarding and still take some damage, then guarding is an inferior strategy to attacking back (and hoping you'll hit first), or dodging. In normal mugen, guarding or attacking should be equally desirable because there are all kinds of characters, and it isn't guaranteed that all opponents do have a fast enough attack to interrupt yours instead of guarding and taking damage.
High chip damage promotes more aggressive gameplay (attacking is better than guarding), which works out in a full game where every character is coded to work in that environment, but not in normal mugen where some (probably many) characters will have trouble handling it.

Overall, chip damage is an extra you are supposed to pay for (in the slowness or higher power cost for example), not something added to every attack for free.

It was actually a joke  --; Actually I regreted after posting it.
Don't worry, I'll keep the original Mikuru beam. Those huge laser beams are getting boring, too many characters have them.
Although, seeing how there are 2 No and 0 Yes votes so far, there is a good chance I won't even make a Haruhi.
#30  July 26, 2010, 08:00:57 pm
  • Recreation
Although, seeing how there are 2 No and 0 Yes votes so far, there is a good chance I won't even make a Haruhi.
Don't let 2 no's and a yes stop you from making a Haruhi if you want to.
#31  July 26, 2010, 08:14:08 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
So the general consensus is that chip damage should rarely exceed 20 or so percent, if at all.

I'll get to dropping damages now.

Also, after looking over Seravy's code, I've decided that as it stands now, I might as well work it, almost wholesale, into the release. I'm making my own changes to how certain things function, but it will look very similar to what he originally wrote. Now, I know he catches a bad rap around here for his character making style (and I'm NOT going into that, nor do I want to start a debate about it here), but I like what he's done, he's made a clear effort to explain what he's done, and I can work with it.

...I think I had something else to say, but I forgot....
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#32  July 26, 2010, 08:16:32 pm
    • France
You love me, that's what you wanted to say. :gaykiss:
#33  July 26, 2010, 08:24:04 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
Don't let 2 no's and a yes stop you from making a Haruhi if you want to.
They won't but there are like 30 other characters I want to make just as much or some even more...so unless there are at least 50% on the yes, I'll do those 30 characters first and Haruhi will have to wait for half an eternity. That is, if there are enough votes to even consider the result...if there aren't, then I'll probably not make it now, and keep focusing on Touhous.
(I've already did most of the characters that were really important for me...the ones I didn't, I have a reason not to do yet. So I can afford to make what people ask for first.)

Now, I know he catches a bad rap around here for his character making style (and I'm NOT going into that, nor do I want to start a debate about it here), but I like what he's done, he's made a clear effort to explain what he's done, and I can work with it.
One thing you might want to consider is that the AI I made is a "strict" AI. It will always do what's good, or there is a chance for doing nothing for a bit of time on lower levels. If you want it to be less predictable or want it to make mistakes on low levels, you'll need to add some stuff, but that part is the "extra", it's not really necessary in an AI, but will make the character more interesting to fight against.
#34  July 27, 2010, 04:15:17 pm
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
    • Skype - gamefreak202020
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UCYefk6BEg3rLhUjhCJ3x7ew

Choiyer is a butthurt we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years.

KEEP IT UP ZERO-SENNIN! Also, are you ever gonna update your Izuna? ;_;

Also, Seravy, with my history of fighting your crap, I can safely say, DON'T MAKE YOUR OWN HARUHI. Unless of course you WANT another R-Team Massacre.
- lulz, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel.
~~~~
GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020
#35  July 27, 2010, 04:25:50 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

KEEP IT UP ZERO-SENNIN! Also, are you ever gonna update your Izuna? ;_;

Also, Seravy, with my history of fighting your crap, I can safely say, DON'T MAKE YOUR OWN HARUHI. Unless of course you WANT another R-Team Massacre.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!  ;D :D

Choiyer's response is hilarious! Besides we are fixing Haruhi to more tolerable levels.

Guess he would like us to bash Haruhi around until the end of time!

Another thing, get rid of the perverted moves that we hate! (i.e. the molester grab and the "fingering")

And one more thing, glad to see GF202020 around here.

Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#36  July 27, 2010, 04:34:54 pm
    • France
LOL Choiyer, aka the guy who butchered several of IronMugen's characters.
#37  July 27, 2010, 05:15:59 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

LOL Choiyer, aka the guy who butchered several of IronMugen's characters.

Nice double standard there Choiyer. Too bad you dont own any copyrights to the Haruhi franchise so you can't do shit without putting yourself in legal jeopardy, at least under US law, but I'm assuming JPN law isnt much different. Still doesn't change the fact you've joined the ranks of Shinra358, Anamochi, and Omegabros.
#38  July 27, 2010, 05:19:19 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL!!!!!!
Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:26:19 pm by Jesuszilla
#39  July 27, 2010, 05:21:47 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The molester moves I don't really mind since they are in character for Haruhi, but still they are not done very tastefully from a gameplay standpoint since they take like forever.

Also lol Choiyer doesn't know about MFG rules.
#40  July 27, 2010, 05:22:21 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
He also doesn't know that you either make it fight or you make it fuck. You can't do both.