KOS Ibuki (Read 33683 times)

Started by WooshaQ, July 14, 2010, 02:46:16 am
Share this topic:

SNT

Re: KOS Ibuki
#21  July 14, 2010, 08:18:00 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
It's brilliant to see people making/editing Ibuki characters, she doesn't get nearly enough love.

Regarding that movelist you've got, a DP motion is Forward, Down, Down-Forward, not Down, Forward, Down-Forward.  Also, in order: Kubiori, Tsumuji, Hien, Kasumi Gake, Kunai, Kazakiri, Tsuiji Goe, Raida, supers are Kasumi Suzaku, Yoroidoshi, Yami Shigure and Hasshin Sho.  I'm guessing Crimson Mist (translates as Guren Kasumi or Kurenai Kasumi if you want it to match) has to be done at low health?

Either way, movelist doesn't work properly for me, can't see the generic movelist pieces, borders, menu options etc.  Even put in your system files as well, still can't see them, probably something to do with screen size, had it shortened to stop slowdown.  Also, even with PS2 notation, not everyone has their controller set up like that.  For instance, I rig my punches for Square, Triangle and R1, kicks for Cross, Circle and R2.  It'd be best just to stick to LP MP HP LK MK HK for the movelists.

Also can't get back throw to connect, and your Hasshin Sho has the same problem GM's does in 1.0; it's blockable after the first hit.

Also on cosmetics you could consider using SF4+ hit sounds that Chosis and Layer ripped from the game which you can find here in Shared Sounds subforum.
I can't take credit for the Super rips, but I agree.
Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:55:45 am by Chosis
#22  July 14, 2010, 09:31:59 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
It is actual strange for the pause screen to pop up by itself. Never happened to me at least, miniature is a helper so it may be caused by helper number that is set in the config. But on the other hand it triggers at the beginning of the battle and should stay there since the only time is kill this helper is at the very end of the battle.

Her icon will be changed, she will also get a face portrait that is compatible with old woobar face space, but since i'm still working on a lifebar and a screenpack for the game it will have to wait.

I'm not sure how she looks on the other resolutions that 640x480, she was supposed to be 720p character but due to a slowdowns i experienced i had to move to a smaller resolution and the game will work under 480p which I cannot do anything about at the moment. (I know that the quote screen under 720p are messed up)

As for the flood I know, it's because of the character system, since it's an edit I had to work with a character with all vars in use, therefore in order to extend the number of free variables I created a helper and nearly all my system uses additional vars stored in that helper, therefore it may be problematic. The main culprit is the score system that reads enemys damage values (plus some other things that adds to the flood but that was my only idea how to solve reading damage value)

The problem with the missing menu pieces is again strange for me, I know you are all experienced mugen creators that is why it feels silly for me to ask but you put the system files in the right place right? Data folder?

The movelist can be awkward since I do play on a PS3 gamepad. But this can be fixed, it just something I have not considered before. As you can see it has english names, I'm still considering using the original Japanese romanji translations since for 100% ryu move names will be left in that form (hadoken etc.) the only thing is i'm not used to her romanji translations. The crimson mist is the name of the new move (the destroyer) and it can be performed at any time considering the character went tu burst state. Also I'm thinking about using facing in the menu, since for now it only shows movelist assuming the character is facing right (but on the other hand it's like that in most of the games)
Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:41:49 am by WooshaQ

SNT

#23  July 14, 2010, 11:15:01 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
The problem with the missing menu pieces is again strange for me, I know you are all experienced mugen creators that is why it feels silly for me to ask but you put the system files in the right place right? Data folder?
They're in data, yes, in their own folder called "kos".  I've changed up the fight.def accordingly.  If that's what's causing the problem and you want to stick with the individual character releases, you might want to accommodate for it being an individual release from now on.  Frankly, not everyone is going to switch over to a new fight.def for the sake of one new character.

The movelist can be awkward since I do play on a PS3 gamepad. But this can be fixed, it just something I have not considered before.
I play on a Dualshock as well, it's just that everyone has their own button configuration.
#24  July 14, 2010, 01:07:54 pm
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
You don't have to really, since it's fightfx and common sounds which are not used that frequently, lifebar uses fight.def and not fightfx.def, am i right? So even if you replace the default mugen ones nothing should happened.