YesNoOk

Scott Pilgrim Versus [IKEMEN GO Full Game] (Read 64008 times)

Started by Ryon, May 14, 2023, 03:57:51 am
Share this topic:
Scott Pilgrim Versus [IKEMEN GO Full Game]
#1  May 14, 2023, 03:57:51 am
  • "The Future is Now"

After about a Year of actual hard work, Myself and Ultra Fatality are proud to present Scott Pilgrim Versus!
A full game featuring all the characters you love from the series! as well as a few extras!

15+ Characters
30+ Stages
Story Mode
Arcade Paths with Rivals
Original Screenpack

This project still has some ideas to go through but please join me on June 1st as we release the game!

Re: Scott Pilgrim Versus [IKEMEN GO Full Game]
#2  May 14, 2023, 04:43:06 pm
Holy shit, this is fucking amazing! Are boss characters are fully playable? can i wreck shit up as Todd Ingram?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#3  May 14, 2023, 07:27:16 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
I'm following the project for a while, I'm a big fan of the franchise and I'm happy it's close to the end!
#4  May 14, 2023, 07:32:33 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
Holy shit, this is fucking amazing! Are boss characters are fully playable? can i wreck shit up as Todd Ingram?

Yes! Absolutely! All Evil X's are playable! And we have a few surprises in store as well!

I'm following the project for a while, I'm a big fan of the franchise and I'm happy it's close to the end!

Thank you for following and supporting. I know we haven't made alot of public news but we are at the point where it's almost complete and are comfortable with it to release it. I'm excited for your feed back!
#5  May 14, 2023, 11:11:14 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
WOW! Ryon!

This looks very interesting.
#6  May 16, 2023, 01:30:06 pm
    • USA
Hey Mr.Ryon, nice trailer for your game. It looks really cool, it feels like what a official side game to the main side scrolling beat em up would look like. Also if you mind me asking some questions that I thought up regarding the game.
1)What was the inspiration behind the creation of this game?
2) How do you guys come up with the movesets for the various characters?
3) What was the inspiration for using different video game characters' voices for the cast? It's a very clever work around since the characters didn't have voices in the original game and how did you guys figure out and find voices that suit the them?
4) Where there any voices that you originally had in mind for certain characters but changed?
5) Will there be special intros between different characters?
6) Did you guys have to make any additional sprites or animation for the cast?
7) Have you guys thought about guest characters for the game? Like characters from other games, manga, or cartoons that have a similar theme to Scott Pilgrim?
8) Will the characters be released individually for Mugen down the road after the full game releases or are they just exclusive to the main game?

Once again this is a really cool game and God bless you guys. I'll be praying and wishing you guys well on your development progress on it. Can't wait to see that else you guys have in store when the full game releases.

"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#7  May 16, 2023, 04:00:40 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
1)What was the inspiration behind the creation of this game?

Hello! The movie was great and a cult classic for everyone who has ever enjoyed a video game and/or comic book. Originally UltraFatality wanted to create the Evil Ex's as characters, starting with Gideon. And slowly but surely he branched out into the good guys. I joined him about a year ago and we streamlined the overall design of everything. Basara-Kun was also a big inspiration at the start with his SP characters.

2) How do you guys come up with the movesets for the various characters?

Some of the moves fit the characters based on their personalities, others were based on the sprites and the design of them and a few over the top moves were completely original. The traits which some are passive are based on the character personalities.

I have to break up this response into multiple posts. Sorry, I'm mobile and away from a computer.
#8  May 16, 2023, 04:13:26 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
3) What was the inspiration for using different video game characters' voices for the cast? It's a very clever work around since the characters didn't have voices in the original game and how did you guys figure out and find voices that suit the them?

With the exception of 4 characters, Ultra Fatality did all of the voice casting. In pretty much all cases, I feel like every voice fits each character perfectly they reflect the personalities and character design perfectly. It's almost creepy how well they match. Very creepy.

4) Where there any voices that you originally had in mind for certain characters but changed?
5) Will there be special intros between different characters?

4. Nope! All voices were carefully curated. Yes! Roxy. Ultra had a hard time finding the perfect voice for her.

5. Yes! Absolutely. During Arcade mode each character has a Rival with Dialogue, determined by Ikemen Go's Arcadepath.lua's functionality. its not going to be perfect right off the bat, and we will improve it over time to include secret bosses along the way, and a very secret final boss. Think of it as Shin Long from bloody roar 2 where you had to win every round, and the final boss to fight him.
#9  May 16, 2023, 04:37:49 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
6) Did you guys have to make any additional sprites or animation for the cast?

Yes! I personally made alot of additional sprites for various characters. I tried to give everyone alot more life. I'm not a great spriter but I did my best.

On top of that, Wallace and Knives were never ripped, So I got the game played thru story mode twice unlocked all of their moves and began ripping then. I have a very rough sprite sheet for both Wallace and knives if anyone is interested... not to mention I color separated knives.

In fact on top of sprite edits I color separated several of the characters, for superior palettes.

7) Have you guys thought about guest characters for the game? Like characters from other games, manga, or cartoons that have a similar theme to Scott Pilgrim?

8) Will the characters be released individually for Mugen down the road after the full game releases or are they just exclusive to the main game?

7. Definately! We are definately going to include "Extra" characters. The roster starts at 15 but there are already more characters in development. Me and Ultra were joking about pulling a CAPCOM and having on disc DLC LOL.

8. They will not be released individually, but at the same time you could take them out of the full game. But somethings will not work correctly, as they are made for the game and some particular coding.

Thank you for the questions!
#10  May 17, 2023, 05:53:18 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I'm glad to be inspiration for your fullgame, I feel appreciated for that :sweetheart:

Also I got the doubt about where you 2 get the sprites for Knives and Wallace (I resprited the few I got just like Scott for his striker attack), I wouldn't mind to get them to make my own versions of those 2 (especially Wallace).

And yeah, count with me in for anything you need, included some coding from my chars or maybe as betatester ;) (for MUGEN related stuff of course, I'm null at IKEMEN stuff, you know)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#11  May 17, 2023, 06:27:58 am
  • "The Future is Now"
I'm glad to be inspiration for your fullgame, I feel appreciated for that :sweetheart:

Also I got the doubt about where you 2 get the sprites for Knives and Wallace (I resprited the few I got just like Scott for his striker attack), I wouldn't mind to get them to make my own versions of those 2 (especially Wallace).

And yeah, count with me in for anything you need, included some coding from my chars or maybe as betatester ;) (for MUGEN related stuff of course, I'm null at IKEMEN stuff, you know)

Me and Ultra are super paranoid about beta testers and leakers and stuff. Which is why we haven't sent it to you already.

When we release it June 1st, I'm asking if you could do a very indept test of everyone, even the extras.
#12  May 18, 2023, 07:38:43 am
    • Brazil
So, is it MUGEN or IKEMEN GO? The trailer says both, but the thread says only the latter.
#13  May 18, 2023, 10:51:25 am
  • "The Future is Now"
So, is it MUGEN or IKEMEN GO? The trailer says both, but the thread says only the latter.

I'm keeping expectations real. All characters are coded using mostly Mugen codes. I used a few Ikemen Go codes.

It's being released as a Ikemen Go game. Can they work in mugen? I believe they will but certain moves will look funny or weird.

For instance Wallace has a "Beer" indicater.
For whatever reason it doesn't stick to the side of the screen in Mugen 1.1, but because I have Ikemenversion in the .def file.

It works flawlessly, but it doesn't used any special ikemen codes.

So just expect a Ikemen Go version.
#14  May 18, 2023, 11:06:26 pm
    • USA
Man, This is so amazing. if this was offical to xbox 360 it would have been so popular. Other than that, Well Done, Ryon and Ultra Fatality! I'm Proud!
#15  May 18, 2023, 11:47:09 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
Man, This is so amazing. if this was offical to xbox 360 it would have been so popular. Other than that, Well Done, Ryon and Ultra Fatality! I'm Proud!
Thank you man!
We're 2 weeks away from public release, and I'm excited for everyone to try it out. I hope someone can do like a live stream arcade run. That would be great watching people play it!
#16  May 19, 2023, 06:30:08 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Me and Ultra are super paranoid about beta testers and leakers and stuff. Which is why we haven't sent it to you already.

When we release it June 1st, I'm asking if you could do a very indept test of everyone, even the extras.
Don't worry, I understand that. I'll like to play it anyway, no matter if you got me as betatester of if you release the game anyway and I'll test it after the release, you'll get feedback by my side anyway.

Just a question: the chars will get eventually separated releases or will be for the game only??

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#17  May 21, 2023, 12:45:53 pm
  • "The Future is Now"

Don't worry, I understand that. I'll like to play it anyway, no matter if you got me as betatester of if you release the game anyway and I'll test it after the release, you'll get feedback by my side anyway.

Just a question: the chars will get eventually separated releases or will be for the game only??

You could take them out, but as im getting more used to ikemen go's triggers and features, They wouldnt work so well outside of Ikemen Go.
like if you use them in Mugen, they use the fightfx.air hitsparks, i know one of the characters has some rotation in the animation file, which doesnt always work in 1.1, and does not work in 1.0.

It just seems like alot of work to code 1 way, then recode to put them in the game.

We already have plans for continuous updates. maaayyybeee YOU could be part of it?