YesNoOk

CPS2/VS Style/Edit Stage "AVPboy6754" - "Sanctum of Hallows" (Read 25312 times)

Started by AVPboy, May 11, 2018, 09:30:08 pm
Share this topic:
CPS2/VS Style/Edit Stage "AVPboy6754" - "Sanctum of Hallows"
#1  May 11, 2018, 09:30:08 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Well... this is one little step for my next phase as an author, this is a Final Boss stage... one that i will use for a character i might get myself into very soon, Wizzy made the beautiful gesture to create a song for him and the stage, the story behind this Horror will be uploaded very soon on my channel, even so... i'd like the World to use it for their own imaginative purposes too, have fun with it.

This gatherment consists on this treasures of the Multiverse:

- The Lantern Corps (DC)
                - The Infinity Gems (Marvel)               
                - The Demon's Crests (Capcom)
                - The Three Sacred Treasures (SNK)
                - The Seven Star Pieces (Nintendo)
                - The Chaos Emeralds (SEGA)

And of course, in the middle:

- Nihilsm, main villian of the MUGEN crossover, created by me (Yeah, the guy seated in the Throne)

Exploit your imagination to calculate how dangerous my character will be.

THANKS to: "God, always God... and every single Human beign on the Planet, because all of you are my brothers".
SPECIAL THANKS to: "Swagga Kings, since he is the only person that saw it's progress and he suggested me many details too".
Compatible to: MUGEN 1.1 and (Maybe) 1.0
Animated: Absurdly full of it, you can be sure about it.

Behold, meet our executioner:

Stage showcase (early progress):

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ct9a3npgeh357p7/Sanctum.rar/file

PREPARE TO WITNESS THE MIGHT OF EXISTENCE ITSELF!
Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:31:14 am by AVPboy
Re: CPS2/VS Style/Edit Stage "AVPboy6754" - "Sanctum of Hallows"
#2  May 11, 2018, 09:47:42 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
that stage looks epic, keep it up doing the epicness
#3  May 11, 2018, 10:52:16 pm
cool stage!
#4  May 11, 2018, 11:57:52 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
#5  May 12, 2018, 03:03:24 am
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Well done. That subtle movement and layers on the floor are perfect.
By the way, the BGM it's great too.
#6  May 12, 2018, 04:21:30 am
  • I must continue my training...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#7  May 12, 2018, 04:30:38 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Excellent work! I recognize the rock walls but can't seem to remember the game, maybe one of the Gradius games.
#8  May 12, 2018, 05:15:23 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
I dig the stage a lot, great work as always.

"If your in the mood for doing updates" feedback:
- In my opinion though, the rainbow beam bottom edges need to be more transparent so you don't see the hard edges at the bottom. If it's a sprite you made and have it showing up as a static animation so you can use the alpha transparency, just open your sprite again in photoshop or whatever you use, and go over the bottom edge with a 90% threshold black fuzzy brush. It might sound weird, but paint the bottom 10-15% of the rainbow almost completely black. The sprite will look strange almost completely blacked out towards the bottom, but once you open it in mugen and see the light shining through it, it will look normal and correct. If you know how to use the selection and gradient tools well, that would make it even easier, but a black brush works almost as good.

- The shadows in the canyon walls need to be darker. You could probably get away with just adjusting the contrast on the wall sprites, maybe the brightness as well but I'd be careful adjusting it too much. Tweaking the contrast should help add more darks to the dark areas of the picture, but should keep the light/highlights in the image the same, whereas the brightness would just increase or decrease the overall brightness of the entire image.

- Throne and floor sprites should be darker. They are both located at the bottom of the canyon. The canyon walls would have strong highlights and strong shadows from overhead light pouring in, but the majority of the bottom floor/inside of the canyon would be extremely void of light, especially if it was in space.
#9  May 12, 2018, 05:35:00 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch for that. Gotta say your work is just as remarkable, But the BGM's credit is for Wizzywhipitwonderful indeed.

Wat he said

Well... Thanks to you too, your stuff is pretty neat too Vegaz.

Excellent work! I recognize the rock walls but can't seem to remember the game, maybe one of the Gradius games.

Good eye... even so... I am the one that has to learn a lot from you my dear friend.

I dig the stage a lot, great work as always.

"If your in the mood for doing updates" feedback:
- In my opinion though, the rainbow beam bottom edges need to be more transparent so you don't see the hard edges at the bottom. If it's a sprite you made and have it showing up as a static animation so you can use the alpha transparency, just open your sprite again in photoshop or whatever you use, and go over the bottom edge with a 90% threshold black fuzzy brush. It might sound weird, but paint the bottom 10-15% of the rainbow almost completely black. The sprite will look strange almost completely blacked out towards the bottom, but once you open it in mugen and see the light shining through it, it will look normal and correct. If you know how to use the selection and gradient tools well, that would make it even easier, but a black brush works almost as good.

- The shadows in the canyon walls need to be darker. You could probably get away with just adjusting the contrast on the wall sprites, maybe the brightness as well but I'd be careful adjusting it too much. Tweaking the contrast should help add more darks to the dark areas of the picture, but should keep the light/highlights in the image the same, whereas the brightness would just increase or decrease the overall brightness of the entire image.

- Throne and floor sprites should be darker. They are both located at the bottom of the canyon. The canyon walls would have strong highlights and strong shadows from overhead light pouring in, but the majority of the bottom floor/inside of the canyon would be extremely void of light, especially if it was in space.

I am so happy that someone finally cares about giving me feedback, i will check those aspects for sure, alongside some other stages too.
#10  May 12, 2018, 03:07:58 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
really, nice idea
i liked a lot
#11  May 12, 2018, 07:32:36 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

DW

#12  May 13, 2018, 06:24:08 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I like this stage as well. Having all those gems and all float around in the bg was a nice touch. Good job.
#13  May 14, 2018, 12:47:04 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

DW

#14  May 14, 2018, 01:47:21 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
On that note... I'll ask this before going on; Are you willing to tweak this for 1.0? Because, it does work, but the walls don't look right and don't seem to animate. Also, the gems seem to be too close together:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#15  May 14, 2018, 04:01:51 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
On that note... I'll ask this before going on; Are you willing to tweak this for 1.0? Because, it does work, but the walls don't look right and don't seem to animate. Also, the gems seem to be too close together:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I am still not sure about it... that's why i use the best version, since it has a lot more use, and better tools, i want to impulse progress by using that system... not that sure though.

DW

#16  May 15, 2018, 04:41:32 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Nah, I'm good. Though you do you man.
#17  May 15, 2018, 04:41:02 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com

DW

#18  May 15, 2018, 08:19:54 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
You don't have to do anything for me. :P I appreciate the thought though. I'm not sold on 1.1 and never will be, until a stable version is released. Not fond of zoom mechanics as a whole. It's cool man. If you made it for 1.1, then that's just how it is. I was just curious what were you going to do, not requesting.
#19  May 16, 2018, 03:54:56 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Interesting stage, I might will get this.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#20  May 16, 2018, 08:18:01 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
You don't have to do anything for me. :P I appreciate the thought though. I'm not sold on 1.1 and never will be, until a stable version is released. Not fond of zoom mechanics as a whole. It's cool man. If you made it for 1.1, then that's just how it is. I was just curious what were you going to do, not requesting.

All right then dude, anything you need... i shall do it.

Interesting stage, I might will get this.

All right then, have fun.