YesNoOk

Elections reaction thread (Read 35807 times)

Started by Bob8644, November 09, 2016, 02:52:04 am
Share this topic:

HQ

Re: Elections reaction thread
#101  November 09, 2016, 09:15:06 pm
I just read this article from Glenn Greenwald - yeah the guy who's a Pulitzer Price Winner for his work with the Guardian on the NSA leaks from Snowden. Judging by all recent elections in Europe I can only agree with his arguments. This is just the beginning. Austria's presidential election that will be (re-) held next month will most likely lead to the same result. Chaos here we come (and it is not Trumps fault - Hi establishment, you fucked up)

https://interc.pt/2ekJt9O

"For many years, the U.S. — like the U.K. and other Western nations — has embarked on a course that virtually guaranteed a collapse of elite authority and internal implosion. From the invasion of Iraq to the 2008 financial crisis to the all-consuming framework of prisons and endless wars, societal benefits have been directed almost exclusively to the very elite institutions most responsible for failure at the expense of everyone else.

It was only a matter of time before instability, backlash, and disruption resulted. Both Brexit and Trump unmistakably signal its arrival. The only question is whether those two cataclysmic events will be the peak of this process, or just the beginning. And that, in turn, will be determined by whether their crucial lessons are learned — truly internalized — or ignored in favor of self-exonerating campaigns to blame everyone else."

GLB

#102  November 09, 2016, 10:21:30 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Don't tell me what's "lethal" or not.

Go fuck yourself.

How is this an appropriate response to make to anyone? He obviously wasn't educated which he admit, and just stated his opinion. It's people like you that make anyone wanting to explain their political view uncomfortable. Especially inappropriate considering you're a mod.
#103  November 09, 2016, 10:36:09 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#104  November 09, 2016, 10:38:51 pm
  • A foosball to the face!
    • USA
    • fretterg@gmail.com
I never voted, but if I did, I would've voted either Bernie Sanders, or 'DEEZ NUTZ'.

But since this has happened, I don't know what to do at this point. The amount of [amateur people/1-sided people] are skyrocketing these days now to the point where I have absolutely no clue as to whom to trust now.

GLB

#105  November 09, 2016, 10:39:48 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
#106  November 09, 2016, 10:44:46 pm
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
This election was nice in the fact the smug aura of the left was shattered. Now all they do is just call trump supporters stupid,racist,white and all other buzzwords.

GDM

#107  November 09, 2016, 10:56:13 pm
  • I'm not trolling
All of you are over reacting to the point of insanity. Yes Trump is president and I haven't vote for him I would rather have Bernie but instead we got Hillary which is worse. It was the same way how people reacted to Bush and Obama. I have done my share of worrying due to people saying we'll get nuked or worse but lets be realistic about this. Trump is going to be monitored real carefully. He'll need a lot of things approved by the senate and congress. In short it's will be the same way as it was when Obama and Bush were president. I may not like it but I'm not going to be a jackass to everyone because of this shit I'm just going to move forward and treat people I did before this election with respect. In short we should all do the same.
I'm a democrat and black but at the same time I'm trying to deal with it as a normal person.
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:01:28 pm by GDM
#108  November 09, 2016, 11:01:15 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Both Trump and Hillary are mess.
Trump for, you guys already know. And Hillary, for many other things, especially for this.
Won't like both, regardless of who'll win, USA is going to a dark future once again.

In Brazil, it's funny to see that the Press (which is manipulative in its great majority) is really sad about Trump's win. :P
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:04:56 pm by 【MFG】gui0007

GDM

#109  November 09, 2016, 11:10:05 pm
  • I'm not trolling
Yeah both were a mess gui but that's what happen when both far left and far right go too far
#110  November 09, 2016, 11:16:59 pm
breitbart
That's ran by Trump's campaign manager Whatshisname Bannon. It has pretty much insane articles all over.
He'll need a lot of things approved by the senate and congress. In short it's will be the same way as it was when Obama and Bush were president.
I don't know about Bush but Obama was facing a mostly Republican Senate and Congress, who kept blocking everything he tried to do just because he was a Democrat, explicitly saying out loud that they would just flat out stop doing their job in some cases. Remember how the Supreme Court is missing one of the nine Justices since one died and Republicans are refusing to event meet the guy Obama nominated even though they mostly agree that he's a good fit but Obama is the one who nominated him, disregarding the constitution that says the president is the one who nominates the guy ? Trump will face a mostly Republican Senate and Congress, and there's no way they'll fight him as hard as they did Obama on every little thing. More things from him will pass than with Obama, even if some Republicans will try to be reasonable and not give in to everything he wants.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:22:39 pm by Byakko
#111  November 09, 2016, 11:20:59 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah both were a mess gui but that's what happen when both far left and far right go too far

Thing is Clinton wasn't even far left. She was barely left at all and embodies a ton of stuff the left tend to dislike. She was the spitting image of token same old same old government corruption that everyone is sick of. I'm sad to still think she'd be better than Trump. DNC is to blame. They was so sure their golden Clinton would get it they screwed over the one guy the left liked.
#112  November 09, 2016, 11:23:32 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I don't know about Bush but Obama was facing a mostly Republican Senate and Congress, who kept blocking everything he tried to do just because he was a Democrat, explicitly saying out loud that they would just flat out stop doing their job in some cases. Trump will face a mostly Republican Senate and Congress, and there's no way they'll fight him as hard as they did Obama on every little thing. More things from him will pass than with Obama, even if some Republicans will try to be reasonable and not give in to everything he wants.

Honestly though, they will not let Trump go too crazy on anything he says he "wants" to do. Of course we'll see things like Obamacare being taken away, but I don't see no things like camps to make gay people straight or any other such nonsense happening because it will just plain be an affront and WAY too obvious of them going over the line. Hell, I barely even see him promising to actually try and build the so called wall to keep illegal immigrants from Mexico to getting into America to be honest.

Again, not happy with him being President but at this rate...still far better than Hilary...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

GDM

#113  November 09, 2016, 11:27:44 pm
  • I'm not trolling

Thing is Clinton wasn't even far left. She was barely left at all and embodies a ton of stuff the left tend to dislike. She was the spitting image of token same old same old government corruption that everyone is sick of. I'm sad to still think she'd be better than Trump. DNC is to blame. They was so sure their golden Clinton would get it they screwed over the one guy the left liked.
exactly
#114  November 09, 2016, 11:30:10 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The things people are terrified about are things the Republican House and Senate have been trying desperately to pass for years. Stuff like ending Obamacare, defunding Planned Parenthood, restricting LGBTQ rights and passing bills that allow legal discrimination on that group, reshaping the Supreme Court into having a far-right wing bench (and that will by definition last a generation or two), reneging on environmental regulations and abandoning even the current meager efforts at trying to prevent global warming (which is literally an existential threat to the continued survival of humanity, and that's not hyperbolic at all).

Those are all just the things that came immediately to mind. There's a lot more, and it's all the same: stuff that harms horrifically people who are already marginalized and hurting.  And Trump has already said he wants to implement all of the above. He's absolutely not going to be kept in check by Congress; it is in fact the other way around. Congress will allowed to run rampant with no check on them.
#115  November 09, 2016, 11:40:19 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
The things people are terrified about are things the Republican House and Senate have been trying desperately to pass for years. Stuff like ending Obamacare, defunding Planned Parenthood, restricting LGBTQ rights and passing bills that allow legal discrimination on that group, reshaping the Supreme Court into having a far-right wing bench (and that will by definition last a generation or two), reneging on environmental regulations and abandoning even the current meager efforts at trying to prevent global warming (which is literally an existential threat to the continued survival of humanity, and that's not hyperbolic at all).

Those are all just the things that came immediately to mind. There's a lot more, and it's all the same: stuff that harms horrifically people who are already marginalized and hurting.  And Trump has already said he wants to implement all of the above. He's absolutely not going to be kept in check by Congress; it is in fact the other way around. Congress will allowed to run rampant with no check on them.

You are acting as if there will be no extreme levels of backlash from stuff like that.
There's a thing called common sense and even Congress has that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#116  November 09, 2016, 11:43:26 pm
When has there been any backlash from the multiple times unbelievably stupid thing the Senate or Congress did, just counting Obama's terms
This is a wild assumption that has literally no basis and is the same wishful thinking that got Trump there in the first place.
#117  November 09, 2016, 11:47:40 pm
    • USA
Obamacare is more unpopular than it is popular. Planned Parenthood has been almost defunded dozens of times in the last year, saved only by Obama's pen. It's already legal to discriminate against LGBTQ people in a slight majority of states. Numerous states have already implemented hugely restrictive anti-abortion laws. Et cetera, et cetera. Public outcry against those things doesn't/wouldn't exist in large enough numbers to matter.

This stuff was already happening, and the only reason those things were slowed or stopped to a small extent was Obama's veto pen and his issuing of executive orders.

There was a chance to take back the Senate, and keep control of the White House, a chance that would allow some of this stuff to be fought back against. That didn't happen.

GDM

#118  November 09, 2016, 11:50:37 pm
  • I'm not trolling
you're blowing this way out of proportion JMorph
#119  November 09, 2016, 11:54:41 pm
    • USA
I'm not talking about it being destroyed. I'm saying the existing laws that allow legal discrimination against LGBTQ people will be expanded by Congress and given legal protection by the Supreme Court. That is the absolute bare minimum that will happen.

Gay rights didn't end with marriage equality. And trans right still had so so far to go, before yesterday. I can scarcely imagine how trans people are feeling right now.
#120  November 09, 2016, 11:55:24 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
We will be alright tho with trump as president, can't be worse than Clinton would have been.
This was a shitty election but isn't every election shitty? Last REAL prez we ever had was Kennedy.
In other news California voted to legalize! Come on Tennessee get on it!