YesNoOk

Elections reaction thread (Read 36144 times)

Started by Bob8644, November 09, 2016, 02:52:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elections reaction thread
#201  November 10, 2016, 11:55:15 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
wow..if I understood it right the us election system is pretty fucked up and Clinton got more votes than Trump actually.

I understand why the system was designed like that but it seems pretty outdated now that the individual states are more than ever one big country and not 50+ small states. Every vote should be equal to each other..right?
#202  November 10, 2016, 12:24:31 pm
  • Hi, I'm a gay Mugen Creator (✿◠‿◠) !
    • Australia
I hope the the thing about Pence wanting to overturn the funding for HIV/AIDS research in favor of conversion therapy is untrue.  If not, all those that suffer from HIV/AIDS AND the children/teens that suffer with their uncertainty are in for even more suffering if he gets it to pass.

Please, don't let it be true.

but like lol at both pence and trump, do these queens not know that HIV/AIDS also affects straight people as well, I'm so mortified at the stupidity. I'm not suggesting assassination, but someone please put them on a boat and kill them with fire.

Isabeau Incarnate/Other Candy: Released
Foxy, Isabeau, Aika Toarcreat & Athena Asamiya: Coming Soon...
Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:54:32 pm by LunaTuna
#203  November 10, 2016, 12:40:32 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
How are you Australian,you can't even shitpost right
#204  November 10, 2016, 01:26:38 pm
    • Vietnam
Would you rather choose an orange dickhead or a two-faced bitch

I'm still surprised how Kanye West wasn't elected.
#205  November 10, 2016, 01:41:02 pm
    • Australia

Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:49:36 pm by LunaTuna
#206  November 10, 2016, 01:51:31 pm

anyway the hell are americans bitchin' about. they had a fair election trump won deal with it. he's not a monster like the media proclaims he is.
i am looking forward to what trump would do.
#207  November 10, 2016, 01:59:14 pm
Tbh, I wouldn't have an issue with Hillary (DNC favoritism and all) if her policies didn't just straight suck. Wanting to further exploit the developing countries, destabilizing countries, continuing pseudo-imperialism (under the disguise of "freedom and democracy"), aiding "moderates" (not terrorists they claim), continuing/amplifying free trade (and by proxy TPP's internet policing), droning civilians (they frequently cause calamity and kill innocents), multiplying the number of Middle Eastern refugees (culture clash doesn't exist they're just Islamphobes), not giving any reconsideration to restructuring NATO (no it shouldn't be destroyed but it's zapping the economy), unnecessary war with Russia and China (Russia isn't strong arming itself to damage the US so why even), likely continuation of accessible health care (admirable but unsustainable with a debt-riddle country). This isn't getting into her past with straight ruining countries (Haiti), her much better disguised racial "mishaps" (super predators and mass incarceration), and undermining the average worker. In short, she's massively pro-corporate and doesn't care about what's best for citizens, and that shit was exposed throughout the election. That's the main reason why she lost, and she still won the popular vote because her opponent is a massively under-qualified idiot.

Trump is a wild card (heh) and who knows what he'll end up doing outside of attempting to help Russia with Syria. That's what everyone is afraid of, the opposition was the safe choice because it meant more money for the 1st world leaders and the huge corporations. Now nothing is guaranteed and everyone's hoping he falls in line (like Obama did) so that the political ecosystem in place isn't massively disrupted.

I understand why the system was designed like that but it seems pretty outdated now that the individual states are more than ever one big country and not 50+ small states. Every vote should be equal to each other..right?

California is 10% of the entire US population, it'd be silly for middle of nowhere Wyoming to be counted equally. It's far from perfect, but using the popular vote would make elections about big cities and everywhere else (like farmers) would be ignored.
#208  November 10, 2016, 02:06:45 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#209  November 10, 2016, 02:25:36 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
@Niltris Absolutely correct regarding the seats in the cabinet.

Here in Germany we just have a different system which I am used to.

The Bundeskanzler is directly voted through the people here. If Merkel had more votes than Schröder, it wouldnt matter if Schröder had the most votes in the biggest regions/states of germany like Nordrheinwestfalen or Bayern.

The 16 "Bundesländer" / federal states still have a different number of representatives in the Cabinet of course, depending on the number of persons that are living and voting in them.

#210  November 10, 2016, 02:42:18 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Some of this thread is as golden as Trump's suit of armor. Great stuff! The anti-Bush fear mongering was fun back in '04 too but at least some of those fears had more of a foundation to build off of, wish I was mature enough to handle it as I should have back then.

My hope is that comedy doesn't die again for the next 4 years with the same shitty recycled Trump jokes like we got during the 2nd Bush term with the same shitty recycled "Bush is stupid" jokes. Not that the USA comedy scene is in a great place anyway, everyone still in the mainstream blows dick and not in the good way.
See, my concerns over a Trump presidency are actually based in reality, unlike my waifu who is still just a pillow.

GDM

#211  November 10, 2016, 02:46:49 pm
  • I'm not trolling
We'll all be okay people just need to relax and there is no reason we should be resorting to violence over a election. Just move forward with life
#212  November 10, 2016, 03:14:56 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I'm honestly one of the few people who thinks that Trump being elected won't be as bad as people set it out to be. Don't get me wrong, there's gonna be some trouble in the long run, but we'll still be standing. The thing with the conservation camps I can understand being a huge problem, but I feel that we as citizens have the power to oppose something like that. I think that we underestimate our word. So what Hiliary won the popular vote but Trump still won? We still have a voice for what we oppose, because we are the body of the country. So what's happen has happened, but I'm a strong believer that nothing's gonna happen that sends our country spiraling out of control.
#213  November 10, 2016, 03:22:31 pm
Hey Republicans and religious nutjobs, at least now you know how it's like when the other camp keeps painting your candidate as the end of the world or the Antichrist.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#214  November 10, 2016, 03:28:11 pm
    • Australia
I'm honestly one of the few people who thinks that Trump being elected won't be as bad as people set it out to be. Don't get me wrong, there's gonna be some trouble in the long run, but we'll still be standing. The thing with the conservation camps I can understand being a huge problem, but I feel that we as citizens have the power to oppose something like that. I think that we underestimate our word. So what Hiliary won the popular vote but Trump still won? We still have a voice for what we oppose, because we are the body of the country. So what's happen has happened, but I'm a strong believer that nothing's gonna happen that sends our country spiraling out of control.

His a terrible person and his supporters (most not all) are even more fked up and things are already getting out of control

its only been two days and some trump supporters are doing the most already. People are using trumps victory to do whatever the fk they want, I'm not saying that Hillary is a good person either, but I'm 100% sure shyt like this wouldn't go down if she won cause she doesn't make negative remarks towards race, gender or sexuality which makes her supporters not become a bunch of wild animals.

Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:33:07 pm by LunaTuna
#215  November 10, 2016, 03:42:31 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Those kinds of things I feel will always happen. People reacted in a similar way when Obama was elected. It's shitty and evil, yes, but it's to be expected in the first few days of the election. It doesn't make it any more wrong, but it won't stop anytime soon.
#216  November 10, 2016, 03:45:16 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
its only been two days and some trump supporters are doing the most already. People are using trumps victory to do whatever the fk they want, I'm not saying that Hillary is a good person either, but I'm 100% sure shyt like this wouldn't go down if she won cause she doesn't make negative remarks towards race, gender or sexuality which makes her supporters not become a bunch of wild animals.

Lol.
http://www.infowars.com/hillary-supporters-burn-american-flag-riot-threaten-to-kill-trump-after-losing-election/
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#217  November 10, 2016, 03:51:27 pm
    • Australia

Lol.
http://www.infowars.com/hillary-supporters-burn-american-flag-riot-threaten-to-kill-trump-after-losing-election/

That's just a form of retaliation, not unnecessary hate thrown at people and let me rephrase that and say most (not all) of her supporters are not crazy xD

Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:55:55 pm by LunaTuna
#218  November 10, 2016, 03:52:48 pm
stupid people would do stupid things no matter what.
#219  November 10, 2016, 03:53:11 pm
    • Australia
Those kinds of things I feel will always happen. People reacted in a similar way when Obama was elected. It's shitty and evil, yes, but it's to be expected in the first few days of the election. It doesn't make it any more wrong, but it won't stop anytime soon.

And it's the same ones that support trump tbh long story short people that discriminate are assholes :(

#220  November 10, 2016, 03:57:21 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
My console can do no wrong

Your console is plebian
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear