YesNoOk

Elections reaction thread (Read 35801 times)

Started by Bob8644, November 09, 2016, 02:52:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elections reaction thread
#221  November 10, 2016, 03:57:46 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#222  November 10, 2016, 04:07:59 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
#223  November 10, 2016, 04:08:13 pm
Racist etc. people feel empowered through Trump and start doing shit to random people everywhere around them that have no connection to anything, and the same people get upset by Obama and do the same thing.
Those calling for Trump's murder are only targeting those directly related to Trump or directly supporting him.
However bad either of these things are, try not to claim that it's all the same thing, because it just isn't.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#224  November 10, 2016, 04:18:43 pm
    • USA

#225  November 10, 2016, 04:19:27 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Racist etc. people feel empowered through Trump and start doing shit to random people everywhere around them that have no connection to anything, and the same people get upset by Obama and do the same thing.
Those calling for Trump's murder are only targeting those directly related to Trump or directly supporting him.
However bad either of these things are, try not to claim that it's all the same thing, because it just isn't.

its part of what happens when you push fearmongering as a political platform and all the stupid people eat it up.

When Brexit passed similar stuff happened.
#226  November 10, 2016, 04:21:54 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
So this is happening.
https://www.change.org/p/the-people-impeach-donald-j-trump

From there

We are also graphic designers and have created our very own ANTI TRUMP T-Shirts available at DUMPTRUMPDUMPTRUMP.COM
Change.org charges $10.00 to share this petition with 1000 extra people!
We make about 5$ off each shirt. For every 2 shirts sold we will be able to promote this idea to 1000 additional people.
Visit DumpTrumpDumpTrump.com today to contribute and get our custom T-shirts! Wear your voice!

Damn clever actually. Whoever is behind the idea will sell a good couple overpriced t-shirts in the next days. 

Hell I should do something similar instead of working in a school.
#227  November 10, 2016, 04:23:13 pm
Setting aside the more violent expressions, protests also stop innocents from commuting and destroys property regardless of who they supported. It's not motivated by the same thing, but both sides are just as damaging.

As for the long run, don't expect this to just suddenly die out. Sadly hate crimes are likely to increase, same thing happened with Brexit.
#228  November 10, 2016, 04:23:52 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
When Brexit passed similar stuff happened.
The first I saw about this election was exactly that: this was a brexit 2.0

My opinion: this election was a kind of "dead end", Clinton or Trump, no matter who wins, the things will probably fucked up. Sadly, I can't laugh of you Americans, since in my country the next year we'll have our own "dead end": Lagos vs. Piñera, both ex-presidents and both made horrid govenment periods...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#229  November 10, 2016, 04:31:23 pm
Everyone (at least in Europe) has been taking Trump seriously ever since Brexit because we know it's pretty much the same thing. France's Far Right party has always been looming around but was always pushed back because they never break past 20% of voters (unless participation goes below 50% in which case 2002 happens), but now the danger is more palpable than ever for us too, for our next election which is happening next year. Between the Brexit, Trump, and Le Pen (our Far Right leader), next year just might be a complete disaster. (I would be looking at Ireland as my Canada, personally)
... How are things going in Germany ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#230  November 10, 2016, 04:37:41 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
#231  November 10, 2016, 04:39:50 pm
    • USA
But he did get the electoral vote, and that's what the country uses, and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

#232  November 10, 2016, 04:46:24 pm
... So yeah, the concept of the election is weirder and harder to understand than you'd expect. Precisely because it's not the popular vote.
#233  November 10, 2016, 04:47:09 pm
the popular vote doesn't necessarily represent what america wanted. that sounds insane of course, but listen: there are a lot of people that didn't bother to vote for trump or hillary because they live in a state that usually heavily swings in one direction, so they don't bother to vote because they believe their vote won't make a difference (they're probably right). i have no idea what a real popular vote (in which everybody that has any amount of interesting in voting does so) would look like, maybe there would be more votes for hillary for all i know

stupid people would do stupid things no matter what.
yes but the difference is that now everything will be blamed on the trump presidency and how hateful america has become even though having obama for 8 years didn't make people any less stupid

yesterday three men beat up and stole a friend's wallet and yelled RUN WHITEY at him and i could say that's retailation at the white voter, but we know that would be dishonest
#234  November 10, 2016, 04:53:51 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
The sole reason he is even viewed as racist is because the media demonized him so people would be in favor of Clinton.
Unfortunately the only thing that did is bring actual racists who think they're in good company into the fray.However even then the percentage of those people is pretty small,and there is no saying whether those Twitter and tumblr stories are legitimate.
Or you know,just accidentally happen to perfectly go with their agenda
#235  November 10, 2016, 04:57:23 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

... How are things going in Germany ?

Panic Byakko..a giant wave of panic. At least on more or less all the big news websites. They drew a picture of Trump as a dumb idiot in the past and now they panic because that guy is the new President there in awesome 'murica with the big blackouts every year and an infrastructure we would probably describe as third continent standard.

Merkel seems to be Not Amused but has to play with the new guys of course. She knows that her years are over next year in September when we have our elections here and the anti eu..anti immigrants party "AFD" (Alternative for Deutschland) might get 10-20% while both the big conservative party cdu and the social democrats SPD might get their lowest percentage of votes ever.

Merkel knows that Trump wants to rise the economy /own companies in the USA and that means less exports for the "Exportweltmeister" nation Germany and that can be problematic for the whole system here.

Personally I believe this is actually for the better in the long run though. Every big country and region should have enough own industry to be at least for the majority independent from other countries. Look at Greece as example and how dependent they are from us others in Europe because they were not able to build up an own big industry and instead calculated that mostly tourism and the few export sellers they have like wine is enough to run the country on a high standard.

Too many free markets for everyone can hurt the global economy instead of helping it, there needs to be a balance between import and export..and if Germany will suffer because guys like Trump are completely against ideas like the TTIP, so be it.
Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:01:21 pm by Hoffmann
#236  November 10, 2016, 05:15:32 pm
The sole reason he is even viewed as racist is because the media demonized him so people would be in favor of Clinton.
You mean it's not because he repeatedly claimed he'd build a wall to stop Mexicans from coming, claimed he'd block immigration for all Muslims, and a whole list of other similar stuff ?
Coulda fool'd me !
I mean, it doesn't necessarily means he thinks that Mexicans and Muslims are subhumans or something like that, but, you know, it's still big time racism to block off entire populations specifically because of where they come from (or even just for their religion when they're already in America !), thinking "they might kill us" just because they're from the same region as a specific enemy group. That's still the definition of racism.

She knows that her years are over next year in September when we have our elections here and the anti eu..anti immigrants party "AFD" (Alternative for Deutschland) might get 10-20% while both the big conservative party cdu and the social democrats SPD might get their lowest percentage of votes ever.
Ah, that's what I thought I heard. Well, if you guys are still confident it'll remain at 20%, at least you still have an alternative. Ours seems to be speeding toward the shitter ready to make a fat splash. And we're not so confident anymore that our anti-everything will stay under 20%.
Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:19:19 pm by Byakko
#237  November 10, 2016, 05:18:18 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Indeed.

I see your lovely Marine at 25-30% at least. And I believe she is a lot worse than Trump. If what I read about her is true..she is a lot more German than the most of us =/
#238  November 10, 2016, 05:25:52 pm

It's because he ran on blatant race-signaling and other dumb shit. Like, you can talk about illegal immigration (a real problem), without lazy scapegoats like calling Mexicans rapists and criminals. You can talk about wanting the Middle Eastern problem without claims to carpet-bomb innocents who just happen to be family with terrorists. Yeah the media did had it out for him, I personally didn't see the recording as this "heinous crime that should have him purged from modern society." It was crude, immature, and obviously unfitting for a political leader, but men do indeed say that kind of shit. Ugly reality. But he sure as hell wasn't helping himself, though one could argue if he even cared or even used it to his advantage.

Anyway, Trump was saying things just to sound good and it worked. He has no real idea on how the details work, that's why he's delegating power to Pence. It revealed the underrated effect of pandering how it garners a following, Sanders was doing the same thing about change to the establishment. Hillary should've did more of it.
#239  November 10, 2016, 05:39:57 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
You mean it's not because he repeatedly claimed he'd build a wall to stop Mexicans from coming,
Build a wall(whether it happens or not, and I'm expecting not) to stop ILLEGAL immigration. Not Mexican immigration. Not racist at all. Great spin though. Would do Bill O'Reilly and Rachel Maddow proud!

claimed he'd block immigration for all Muslims,
Temporary stop on muslims(not a race as far as I know), from countries known to house terrorism. Close but still not racist. He removed his "BAN ALL MUSLIMS!" statement from his website, now I can't even find the original. All we have is a bunch of sites saying it was "BAN ALL MUSLIMS FROM THE USA!" Which is wrong, but ayyy! The reality is we already do the vetting he talked about, so nothing will really change, muslims aren't and never were going to be banned from the USA.

and a whole list of other similar stuff ?
True, like when he said he sprinkled fetal dust from dried African fetuses into his food to invigorate his calcified pineal gland which would give him his third eye, empower his chi, and allow him to destroy the Chinese government with his own 2-handed super powered Shinku Hadoken. I'm not sure if that one is racist against the Chinese or Africans, but it is definitely racist somewhere.

It's only as racist as you are willing to spin it or are willing to accept the spin about it. People go nuts when FOX News and DrudgeReport does this shit to Kerry, Obama, and the Clintons but are fairly cool about it when CNN, HuffPo, and The Guardian do the same shit to even greater and more frequent extents. 1 part of many parts what gave Trump such a strong following is his refusal to walk on eggshells during his campaign, and it threw sand in the asses everyone who demanded he walk on eggshells.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is and always was a slimey fuck, but the spin on his statements and out-of-context quotes are just as slimey, which would just piss off his supporters more every time they'd hear it, which was every day by the way. Every day people were fed that Trump hates Mexicans and Muslims, the difference is whether you bought into that shit or not. :(
#240  November 10, 2016, 05:54:36 pm
Build a wall(whether it happens or not, and I'm expecting not) to stop ILLEGAL immigration. Not Mexican immigration. Not racist at all. Great spin though. Would do Bill O'Reilly and Rachel Maddow proud!
The "when Mexico sends us their people, they're not sending their best" that's just racist. That's not a spin. The "illegal" part of his claims has always been a distant second concern every time he said anything on the same vein. He's running on the rampant desire to just kick out everyone who isn't full blooded American or White, period. Nothing he said justifies the belief that he'll strictly stop the illegal ones, or that he won't simply ride on making it harder and harder to legally immigrate.
Temporary stop on muslims(not a race as far as I know)
Muslim is not a race but it's still the same thing, why are you nitpicking on specific words ? It's still blind hate toward a vague group of people based on their origin, it's still the basis of fear- and hate-mongering. And again, the rhetoric of kicking out an entire population group based on race or religion is the definition of everything we're saying Trump is.

None of this is a spin, it's a clarification of what he's actually saying. All of this is an extremely basic point of all extremist rhetoric, all the far right parties in Europe use the same and everyone can see right through them. Why can't you ? How can you think you're so special that Trump is the one who won't abuse it and turn it around whenever he feels like it ?