YesNoOk

Elections reaction thread (Read 36174 times)

Started by Bob8644, November 09, 2016, 02:52:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elections reaction thread
#301  November 10, 2016, 09:22:06 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Well im not saying he did it. But if he did, then of course she would drop it anyway, since she would be fully aware that he would never suffer any consequences for it now.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#302  November 10, 2016, 09:28:17 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
pearl-clutching offense-taking bullshit

Christ on a cracker you really are serious, aren't you?  This isn't some puffed-up SJW fake drama because he referred to a group of people as 'guys' instead of a gender-neutral term.  This is the future leader of one of the largest nations on the planet openly bragging about how he can get away with sexual assault whenever he wants.  What kind of bubble do you have to wrap yourself into to reach a point where you can pretend that doesn't matter at all?  How willfully ignorant can a single person be?
#303  November 10, 2016, 09:30:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Huh. I'll be damned.
Dont worry! He's on it!

Its funny to me that most of the defense about him is that he didnt really meant any of the things he kept saying hes going to do. Or he said them or its not REALLY like that, Or he said them but it doesnt really matter because he's the guy to support.

Even tho those things he promised and kept saying are what lead a lot of people to vote for him. Attempts to point out how fucked up the things he claims are, are quickly dismissed or painted as being pearl clutching,

Even Nixon had to hide his criminal intent.
#304  November 10, 2016, 09:34:10 pm
No, he's not bragging about getting away with sexual assault, how many times do I have to say this...? He's bragging about how much women love him.

I think things like, I don't know, not going to war with Russia and fighting against government corruption are far more important than him assuming people were in to his sexual advances. I think things that affect the power balance of the entire world matter far more than this, I repeat, pearl-clutching offensive-taking bullshit.
#305  November 10, 2016, 09:40:20 pm
    • USA
So you're saying that activity that would haunt a less wealthy person for literally the rest of their life is perfectly acceptable if you're rich and powerful enough.

Forgive me for being of the mind that elected officials should be held to the same ethical standards as your average janitor or drive-through attendant.
#306  November 10, 2016, 09:40:38 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I don't think the argument is that because of that stuff alone Trump should not be in office, but that because of that stuff he really should not have been allowed to get anywhere near running in the first place. So maybe then you could have had some republican candidate who's less generally repulsive and incompetent. But alas, here we are.

#307  November 10, 2016, 09:44:42 pm
Trump is extremely competent. All other candidates were either repulsive, incompetent, or some combination thereof. Stop taking offense at irrelevant bullshit and start judging people on their ability to do a job and the policies they propose rather than complete moral purity.

Do I really need to bring up Bill Clinton here? Do I really need to bring up all of the criminal things Hillary has done as a politician that she got away with because of her wealth and power? That politicians get away with every day? You're railing against Trump for being a creep when he's a force against people who are far, far, far worse. It's short-sighted and suicidal.
#308  November 10, 2016, 09:52:21 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
You don't really. Im not American, so im just saying off of what I have read and seen about Trump himself. I know next to nothing about Clinton or her politics.

But I mean, Trump is the guy who did talk about the wall thing. An absurdly massive construction project that he was apparently going force Mexico to pay for (How? Threaten to invade them?). Either he was serious about that, which would mean he's a lunatic, totally out of touch about reality or he lied to rally up racist idiots to get himself elected, which is not much better.

#309  November 10, 2016, 09:56:15 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
Well, i hope against hope Trump was just going heel to win the election but i honestly don't think so. Still i believe in us as a people, he can't break us. He might fuck a lot of things up but we will survive. First time i ever voted for a Democrat, i don't like a lot of things about Hillary but the policies Trump and Pence did speak on more than vaguely didn't sit well with me at all.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#310  November 10, 2016, 09:58:03 pm
It's the bait the media wanted the common person to take. Damn good one though, trolls can only dream of bait like that.

Molesting women is an easier topic to grasp than systematically imperalizing third world countries.
#311  November 10, 2016, 09:59:03 pm
Re: The wall, I can answer some of that. He was going to force Mexico to pay for it indirectly, by raising taxes on trade to and from Mexico--I don't know the details, but it was a viable plan even though it sounds stupid when you summarize it. Also, it was partly to address the drug trade, which I think is a fair point.

I don't know if he's going to build it, I don't really care if he does or not, and it might have just been something he said to get noticed early on like the Muslim ban apparently was.
#312  November 10, 2016, 10:04:55 pm
    • USA
Trump is extremely competent. All other candidates were either repulsive, incompetent, or some combination thereof. Stop taking offense at irrelevant bullshit and start judging people on their ability to do a job and the policies they propose rather than complete moral purity.

Do I really need to bring up Bill Clinton here? Do I really need to bring up all of the criminal things Hillary has done as a politician that she got away with because of her wealth and power? That politicians get away with every day? You're railing against Trump for being a creep when he's a force against people who are far, far, far worse. It's short-sighted and suicidal.

Nobody has said anything about any of the other candidates.  The fact of the matter remains that there wasn't a single good option in this entire election.

But Donald Trump is, by his own actions, a disgusting, arrogant, racist, sexist, walking talking example of everything that is wrong with modern society.  He ran a campaign that played on ignorance, prejudices, and fear-mongering, suggesting outrageous policies such as forcing Muslims to carry special identification so they can be found easier and spending billions of taxpayer dollars on a federally funded witch hunt to deport Hispanic people to trick idiots into thinking that he'd actually do that so they'd vote for him, only to backpedal and pretend he never said it whenever he was asked about it.  And the fact that he seems to be planning on foisting off all of the actual work of the Presidency off on his VP calls some serious doubts as to whether he actually understands anything at all about the office he's slithered his way into.

So yeah.  It's not exactly "irrelevant bullshit" to feel a little upset that the creepy uncle that wanted to play touchy games when your parents left the room is now the one in charge of the country.
#313  November 10, 2016, 10:06:50 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Re: The wall, I can answer some of that. He was going to force Mexico to pay for it indirectly, by raising taxes on trade to and from Mexico--I don't know the details, but it was a viable plan even though it sounds stupid when you summarize it. Also, it was partly to address the drug trade, which I think is a fair point.

I don't know if he's going to build it, I don't really care if he does or not, and it might have just been something he said to get noticed early on like the Muslim ban apparently was.
So just fuck Mexico? Alright. I mean the drug trade is kinda far worse on them then it is on the US.

I guess being dishonest is fine as long as it's the guy you voted for yourself.

#314  November 10, 2016, 10:08:54 pm
But Donald Trump is, by his own actions, a disgusting, arrogant, racist, sexist, walking talking example of everything that is wrong with modern society.  He ran a campaign that played on ignorance, prejudices, and fear-mongering, suggesting outrageous policies such as forcing Muslims to carry special identification so they can be found easier and spending billions of taxpayer dollars on a federally funded witch hunt to deport Hispanic people to trick idiots into thinking that he'd actually do that so they'd vote for him, only to backpedal and pretend he never said it whenever he was asked about it.  And the fact that he seems to be planning on foisting off all of the actual work of the Presidency off on his VP calls some serious doubts as to whether he actually understands anything at all about the office he's slithered his way into.

So yeah.  It's not exactly "irrelevant bullshit" to feel a little upset that the creepy uncle that wanted to play touchy games when your parents left the room is now the one in charge of the country.

This kind of rhetoric is exactly why Trump won. The people you are calling racist, ignorant, disgusting, all that? They told you to go fuck yourself.

Listen. Change. Engage disagreement instead of demonizing it.
#315  November 10, 2016, 10:13:12 pm
    • USA
That's not fucking rhetoric, that's literally what happened.  It is an objective description of events as they occurred.  Fucking excuse me if I don't feel inclined to sit down and listen to someone who repeatedly pushed the narrative of "the brown people are causing all of your problems, vote for me and I'll throw them all out."
#316  November 10, 2016, 10:14:24 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland

#317  November 10, 2016, 10:17:15 pm
No, it isn't. That's what the Hillary campaign and the mainstream media told you he was doing. To take just one of those things, it isn't racist to take a stand against illegal immigration. That's complete fucking nonsense.
#318  November 10, 2016, 10:19:08 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
transgender people?
The man fought for special transgender bathrooms(Alternatively,letting Trans people choose what bathroom they want) and has spoken against violence on homosexual people in his speeches.
As for hispanics,he only really talked about Mexicans and how most Illegal immigrants from Mexico engage in criminal activity.
He did talk about a ban on muslims entering the states for a while,or having to go through certain check ups before going in,but his recent actions related to this make it seem unlikely that he's gonna even try to do it

Edit:Why isnt Person Man a mod anymore,what happened
Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:23:47 pm by Erroratu
#319  November 10, 2016, 10:22:01 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
If his basis for taking a stand on illegal immigration had been based around the damage to economy it causes, then yeah sure, but his reason for it as stated by himself is because he thinks the people coming in are rapists, drug pushers and killers. That is straight up demonizing them. Like, even a fucking idiot can tell that people immigrate to escape bad situations and enviroments.

If he had no intention to do anything about Muslims, why did he demonize then publicly in the first place? Again to dishonestly rile up anti islam idiots to vote for him?

Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:26:33 pm by Mechy
#320  November 10, 2016, 10:25:09 pm
    • USA
No, it isn't. That's what the Hillary campaign and the mainstream media told you he was doing. To take just one of those things, it isn't racist to take a stand against illegal immigration. That's complete fucking nonsense.

So when Trump called for a full-stop ban on allowing people of Muslim faith from being allowed to enter the US because he thinks that they're all terrorists, or when he called Mexican people rapists and drug lords, I suppose that was what, Hillary Clinton talking through a shadow puppet?

Whatever.  I'm done trying to engage your apologist horseshit.  Sit in your little bubble ranting about mainstream media conspiracies to yourself.