YesNoOk

Elections reaction thread (Read 36074 times)

Started by Bob8644, November 09, 2016, 02:52:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elections reaction thread
#461  November 14, 2016, 02:38:02 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You need to work out on how you express ideas, conservative viewpoints being supressed means specific ones are being supressed, not "person x is a conservative and was protested by a bunch of shouty assholes while giving a speech at a university".

Universities have the right to invite whoever they want, they are not soapboxes for public use, so I dont see how you think that they can supress conservative speakers when your own examples are of conservative speakers being invited to speak.
#462  November 14, 2016, 03:01:19 pm
Iced, you don't know what you're talking about on this issue. Student groups, not universities, invite speakers. Many universities have suppressed those they don't like, raising bullshit fees at the last minute or suspending clubs for inviting people they don't like.
#463  November 14, 2016, 03:39:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Cool he can bring up examples then. That will make more sense as a point than just saying that Conservative viewpoints are being supressed but then not saying which ones are being supressed or making broad generalizations about agendas.
#464  November 14, 2016, 03:50:35 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
Iced, you don't know what you're talking about on this issue. Student groups, not universities, invite speakers. Many universities have suppressed those they don't like, raising bullshit fees at the last minute or suspending clubs for inviting people they don't like.

That's not 100% always true at all but it is a better point. You could argue that's more of a organization controlling and protecting what they perceive as their interests (as many organizations,companies, governments do) but i won't argue that point.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#465  November 14, 2016, 04:32:24 pm
#466  November 14, 2016, 04:50:11 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I made a grab it by the pussy joke today and later read that Joey Styles was fired for a similar joke.

Are these kinds of jokes not okay now???
#467  November 14, 2016, 04:55:41 pm
context for people that don't follow smaller wrestler promotions: joey styles is a wrestling commentator
Before the main event, Styles said to ring announcer Joanna Rose:

"Joanna, you look great tonight. And if our next President were here tonight, he’d want to grab you by the..."
he was fired mid-show. only in trump's america
#468  November 14, 2016, 05:03:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
They are supressing his conservative viewpoints due to democratic agenda in little children, thanks obama.
#469  November 14, 2016, 05:09:57 pm
Clearly

Are these kinds of jokes not okay now???

They never were. It's unprofessional as all hell, that'd get you fired in any ordinary place.

Given that it's the wrestle-verse here, people saying raunchy shit is part of the culture. But apparently staff was told beforehand to not make any references to the election in-show.
#470  November 14, 2016, 05:13:49 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Hmm..so I shouldnt make such jokes in public places where some hundred or thousand people might read it I guess. ...time to edit something.
#471  November 14, 2016, 05:17:47 pm
the biggest wrestling promotion, wwe, have made no references to the election whatsoever, even though trump has closely worked with them (he's in their fucking hall of fame) and the mcmahons donated to trump's campaign. talent have been told to avoid the subject on social media when possible. they know this election in particular is a very divisive issue and anything that resembles an opinion (for either candidate) will only make them lose viewers which they desperately need. they weren't shy about previous elections (although those segments went over really bad)

"hillary" and "obama" had a match in 2008 but both ended up destroyed by UMAGA
#472  November 14, 2016, 05:40:31 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Hmm..so I shouldnt make such jokes in public places where some hundred or thousand people might read it I guess. ...time to edit something.
Not it your name's attached to it, Mr. Hoffmann. GBK can make as many pussy gabbing jokes as he wants, though.
#473  November 14, 2016, 06:26:02 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
the biggest wrestling promotion, wwe, have made no references to the election whatsoever, even though trump has closely worked with them (he's in their fucking hall of fame) and the mcmahons donated to trump's campaign. talent have been told to avoid the subject on social media when possible.

Of course, they probably just wanted to avoid the appearance of cronyism since the rumors are Linda's going to be part of the cabinet
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#474  November 14, 2016, 07:01:36 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#475  November 14, 2016, 07:15:53 pm
In foosball at work we do, when someone plunges his hand to catch the ball before it drops in the opponent's goal (and count it as a goal taken off of them). It's Trump's flirting method.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:20:16 pm by Byakko
#476  November 14, 2016, 07:42:11 pm
Of course, they probably just wanted to avoid the appearance of cronyism since the rumors are Linda's going to be part of the cabinet
are you opposing trump's cabinet having women? are you afraid of a powerful female voice being part of the government? i'm getting sick of all the haters slay queen linda mcmahon has to deal with. it's 2016. donald trump was strong enough to take a stone cold stunner and so is linda mcmahon. equality win

OZ

#477  November 14, 2016, 08:50:49 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
#478  November 15, 2016, 01:16:09 am
now that he's been elected i hope he disavows david duke and the kkk
#479  November 16, 2016, 04:21:35 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Are there signs that this crazy circus is stopping anytime soon? Because while I do enjoy the hilarious clowning from the more insane anti-Trump people right now, I am getting tired of both the non-stop whining and popcorn. Do these people have anything better to do? It has been one week now.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#480  November 16, 2016, 04:38:31 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
We haven't even seen the worst of it yet. Come January 20 and we'll have at least 1 half-assed assassination attempt and countless snowflakes threatening to commit suicide. I hope at least one of them kills himself for real.