YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2453643 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Demitri palette template!!!
#5701  October 23, 2017, 03:48:54 pm
  • SNK is life
Hey JMM, sorry for my ignorance (maybe you've stated this in the thread already)

All these Midnight Bliss standards are being checked by the character to see with which the opponent is compatible, or is this configured in a cfg/txt file or something?
#5702  October 23, 2017, 04:30:36 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
If I get it right, he checks it through the opponent animations, with a precedence; the new Jmorphman standards, over the SvC/MUGEN most common standards, over the CFJ standard. And a default Midnight Bliss sprite if opponent is not compatible with any of them.
#5703  October 23, 2017, 10:39:16 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Not too bad, could use a bit more contrast in the colors though. Or that just might be the outline not having been altered. On the topic of ol' 'Getes:

Majin Vegeta. The cape's colors were based off of King Vegeta's cape.

your version better but I gotta update mine because It looks a little off ;D
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:50:28 pm by Godlike Emerie
#5704  October 24, 2017, 01:47:21 am
  • The Fan of Everyone that post Cool Stuff!
  • Supporting the cool work!!!
    • Venezuela

What can i say...im just good giving support.
#5705  October 24, 2017, 08:33:10 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Subject Zero

Leshy
Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Demitri BETA!!!
#5706  October 24, 2017, 09:13:35 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Every move aside from Darkside Master is done so that means.... it's beta time!

http://network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman/characters/DemitriBeta.7z

Couple of important notes:

- Darkside Master is only partially implemented; the actual bats aren't coded yet but everything else (like the activation/deactivation and transformation of Demon Billion into Demon Blast) is working as it will in the final version.
 - no AI, or rather, this beta has King's AI, which will break shit. Don't let the computer control the beta!
 - no palette shifting, it's gonna be the last thing I do cuz I wanna add all the palettes to the sffv2 file at once

If I get it right, he checks it through the opponent animations, with a precedence; the new Jmorphman standards, over the SvC/MUGEN most common standards, over the CFJ standard. And a default Midnight Bliss sprite if opponent is not compatible with any of them.
That's it exactly! :)
#5707  October 24, 2017, 09:46:40 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Mine!
Emissive eyes with the same "magic" of aura

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
preview
#5708  October 24, 2017, 10:56:38 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Every move aside from Darkside Master is done so that means.... it's beta time!

http://network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman/characters/DemitriBeta.7z

Couple of important notes:

- Darkside Master is only partially implemented; the actual bats aren't coded yet but everything else (like the activation/deactivation and transformation of Demon Billion into Demon Blast) is working as it will in the final version.
 - no AI, or rather, this beta has King's AI, which will break shit. Don't let the computer control the beta!
 - no palette shifting, it's gonna be the last thing I do cuz I wanna add all the palettes to the sffv2 file at once

That's it exactly! :)

NOW DOWNLOADING!!
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#5709  October 24, 2017, 10:57:21 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Bluestreak

MCX

#5710  October 24, 2017, 11:01:59 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
Some feedback:
-Is Midnight Bliss suposed to be this range (too short)?
-Demon Billion voice is quite long, idk if it's intentional
-I can'r peform Midnight Pleasure
-The victory pose, in which he bows, ends very fast and does not continue at the end of the round
#5711  October 24, 2017, 11:09:08 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Okay, here are some of the things I've noticed:
- Demitri's servants don't have shadows.
- After holding forward for a while, Chaos Flare will come out instead of Demon Cradle if you don't end the f,d,df-motion precisely on df. Intentional?
- It looks as if it doesn't play the full animation of sabockee's MB.

Other than that, I really like this Demitri so far.
#5712  October 25, 2017, 11:41:27 am
Very good!
BTW no normal chaos flare before Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge?
#5713  October 25, 2017, 12:28:38 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
All right! Feedback time!
-For me, Airbourne Chaos Flare feels kinda strange. I dunno, if it was intentional, but I cannot perform it until Demitri will gain enough height. Before he gains it or after he loses it, move just don't run.
-I dunno, maybe that's supposed to be like that, but EX Dashing Demon Cradle does more damage than EX Demon Cradle. It feels off because normal versions of them are doing the opposite stuff- Normal hits harder than EX.
All in all, decent beta.
P.S.: you missed my Dee palette. I know, I uploaded it like a total dumbass, but still, here you go.

#5714  October 25, 2017, 02:38:42 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Heeey you used my Midnight Bliss! It's great to see you found it useful!
-------------------
- I'm not sure on which side is the problem but JZilla's Alex disappears during MB .
#5715  October 25, 2017, 11:49:02 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Yo, nice beta! Da BatMan's playstyle is nice, I don't have anything else to say feedback-wise. :D

But uhh, there was some miscommunication in my palette entries post. I should clarify that the "flashy & dark" themes actually compose the same palette,

and that the "true vampire saviour" joke is actually a Jedah inspired palette:
#5716  October 26, 2017, 03:17:53 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I heard you were working on a Demitri, so I figured I should come check out your beta.

For the most part, all of the important Demitri stuff is here.  Dash into command grab, midnight pleasure setups, all the important pressure strings...but there are two very important things that I really want to bring to your attention.  Just my two cents.

The first is that the way his DP is inputted is very awkward for a VSav Demitri player.  I think you have it set to prioritize the fireball?  DP is a massive part of Demitri's gameplay, particularly the ability to use it during a dash and to perform it at a safe space in neutral to pre-emptively catch people pressing buttons or jumping in haphazardly.  It's still technically possible in your version, but you have to hold downforward at the end of your input to ensure that you get DP.  As a result, dash DP is especially strange feeling, since the DP input is supposed to carry the buffer from your dash input, and in this case Demitri just completely stops to a halt to perform a fireball.  Like I said, not impossible, but a huge adjustment for anyone familiar with Demitri in his home games.

The second is something that I don't think can be avoided, unfortunately.  One of the core parts of Demitri's pressure is option selecting his throw with close heavy punch, so that if they try to jump out they get hit by the anti air.  Due to the way throws work in your system, this is impossible because you'll just get the throw whiff animation.  I don't think you can do anything to fix this without betraying the system you have in place, but it's a significant nerf nevertheless.

I'll keep playing with him.  If anything else turns up, I can report back. 
#5717  October 26, 2017, 05:18:33 am
    • USA
I guess I missed quite a few palettes and/or misnamed them; if anyone has submitted palettes, please check the beta to make sure I yours (or rather, check to make sure I have the ones you've submitted from before the beta came out) and also make sure I didn't screw up the name!

-Is Midnight Bliss suposed to be this range (too short)?
-Demon Billion voice is quite long, idk if it's intentional
-I can'r peform Midnight Pleasure
-The victory pose, in which he bows, ends very fast and does not continue at the end of the round
- yes; it's technically grab, after all!
 - the voice is straight from Vampire Savior, where ES/EX moves usually make people's voices echo
 - it has the same buffer time as every other move, are you sure you're performing the right sequence?
 - it's like that in source! But it is kinda weird and I'm still debating on whether to keep it that way

Okay, here are some of the things I've noticed:
- Demitri's servants don't have shadows.
- After holding forward for a while, Chaos Flare will come out instead of Demon Cradle if you don't end the f,d,df-motion precisely on df. Intentional?
- It looks as if it doesn't play the full animation of sabockee's MB.

Other than that, I really like this Demitri so far.
- uh, that's cuz they're vampires, see? Yeah, that's why. I didn't mess up, and I'm certainly not scrambling to fix anything. :fuckyea:
 - yes, it's intentional. This, along with SFIV style command shortcuts for DP motions (DF, DF) is in my other two characters that have the buffering system applied, and it's (hopefully) a good compromise between giving everyone the ability to reliably pull of dragon punch motions, but also allowing people to decide whether they want a QCF or a DP, without having one always override the other.
 - whoops, missed the final frame somehow!

Very good!
BTW no normal chaos flare before Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge?
- Nah, it's just a boring fireball! A biting bat is more fun!

All right! Feedback time!
-For me, Airbourne Chaos Flare feels kinda strange. I dunno, if it was intentional, but I cannot perform it until Demitri will gain enough height. Before he gains it or after he loses it, move just don't run.
-I dunno, maybe that's supposed to be like that, but EX Dashing Demon Cradle does more damage than EX Demon Cradle. It feels off because normal versions of them are doing the opposite stuff- Normal hits harder than EX.
All in all, decent beta.
P.S.: you missed my Dee palette. I know, I uploaded it like a total dumbass, but still, here you go.
- as in source, it can only be performed when Demitri is near the height of his jump
 - it's like that in source, though technically speaking it does the exact same amount of damage; ES Dashing Demon Cradle will get more hits against (most) characters than ES Demon Cradle will (and thus, do more damage). They generally hit the same amount of times in the corner, though.
 - oops

- I'm not sure on which side is the problem but JZilla's Alex disappears during MB .
Problem seems to be on JZ's end; Alex has an animation for 9020, but no sprites for it, so it makes Alex invisible.

But uhh, there was some miscommunication in my palette entries post. I should clarify that the "flashy & dark" themes actually compose the same palette,
https://i.imgur.com/ieM6bli.gif

and that the "true vampire saviour" joke is actually a Jedah inspired palette:
https://i.imgur.com/VY6qCm2.png
I'm a dummy!

The first is that the way his DP is inputted is very awkward for a VSav Demitri player.  I think you have it set to prioritize the fireball?  DP is a massive part of Demitri's gameplay, particularly the ability to use it during a dash and to perform it at a safe space in neutral to pre-emptively catch people pressing buttons or jumping in haphazardly.  It's still technically possible in your version, but you have to hold downforward at the end of your input to ensure that you get DP.  As a result, dash DP is especially strange feeling, since the DP input is supposed to carry the buffer from your dash input, and in this case Demitri just completely stops to a halt to perform a fireball.  Like I said, not impossible, but a huge adjustment for anyone familiar with Demitri in his home games.
This took a while to figure out (certainly not helped by my very limited ability to pull off instant Dashing Demon Cradles in VS and in MUGEN), but I think I've got it all worked out. I also found something pretty interesting: (on the mizuumi wiki, at least) instant Dashing Demon Cradle is described as being performed with 62356+P, but that doesn't actually work, if you're checking with framestep! The proper command is actually 623656+P, and punch has to be hit at least one frame after that last right input, or a non-dashing Demon Cradle will come out!

So anyway, what was holding me up was that my weird compromise thing for dragon punch motions doesn't seem to be the culprit, rather, it turns out Darkstalkers's command buffer works a little bit differently from Street Fighter's? Like, the last directional input of a command lasts for 2 ticks longer than the equivalent input from Street Fighter. That's weird, and I'm not quite sure I've totally got it working the way it should, so here's a little test: an updated version of the beta, with some changes to the dragon punch motion but only when performed from the right. So hopefully it'll be easy to test if the fix has worked, and contrast it to the previous way, and all that's needed is to switch sides!

The second is something that I don't think can be avoided, unfortunately.  One of the core parts of Demitri's pressure is option selecting his throw with close heavy punch, so that if they try to jump out they get hit by the anti air.  Due to the way throws work in your system, this is impossible because you'll just get the throw whiff animation.  I don't think you can do anything to fix this without betraying the system you have in place, but it's a significant nerf nevertheless.
That's something that's been bothering me ever since I read about it in a VS Demitri guide, but I guess there's nothing to be done. I mean, heck, Demitri dealt with something similar in Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution, and that game is unassailable when it comes to balance!

... right?

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! :)
#5718  October 26, 2017, 08:05:02 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
253 damage on the ex demon cradle out of teleport seems a little high, higher than both his level 1 supers but other than that i didn't find anything on a quick play through. I assume no power charge is on purpose. Good stuff.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#5719  October 26, 2017, 10:21:08 pm
    • USA
Unlike traditional EX moves, Darkstalker's ES moves take an entire super stock, so it's best to compare them directly to his supers, since they're essentially on the same level.

Also it does that much damage in source!

I assume no power charge is on purpose. Good stuff.
Yeah, I wanted a streamlined/primarily DS-only system for Demitri, much like PotS's Lei-Lei.
#5720  October 26, 2017, 11:08:24 pm
Ok!I understood about chaos flare!

BTW I want implement palette selector.