YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248147 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#801  November 02, 2012, 10:04:07 am
    • Germany
-I wanted to have him flash red when hit. I'm still debating whether or not to use the Boss Hit effects from the TMNT games or Capcom's metal clanging effect when the opponent hits him.

The red flashing Idea sounds good, it gives Super Shredder this classic 8 bit flare, but please no metal clanging. Super Shredder is just a giant freaky angry hulk like muscular Mutant, and not a walking giant metal plate.^^

If Shredder is able to block in Super Shredder Mode, you could use a metal clanging sound when he is blocking attacks, because of his big metal Spikes/claws on his forearms.
#802  November 02, 2012, 08:45:22 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'm with DivineWolf here... I'm extremely behind in feedback, and I'm a beta tester for crying out loud.

Therefore, I'd like to apologize for not saying anything relevant as of late. Life just got busy. I'm sure you understand, but I wanted to say sorry anyway.

Shredder is looking crazy amazing. Your distinct charm is here in spades and I can't wait to get my hands on the next beta. Keep up the amazing work Dcat. Your talents are among some of the best that Guild has to offer!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#803  November 03, 2012, 01:11:30 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
I've been adding a lot since my last post:

-Additional normal combo finishers.  He's super fun to play with and the combo possibilities are huge and I haven't even added the Foot Soldiers yet. I might have to stop with these; he's got a large variety for normal options so far, I'll add in more conditional redirects to the finishers to prevent unfairly long chains .

-Made the special standing kick normals accessible via a one-stop alternate command (MP + MK). The different kicks will trigger depending on the hitcount & randomization

-Added the TMNT4 pink intro beam to the CLONE Super. I like the effect but it may not work for other folks. We'll see.

-I like the ideas so far but I think I'm going to go really simple for the air super. I don't know if I wanted to add more shuriken here, its inclusion in Shredder's arsenal already takes away one of the Foot Soldier possibilities. I don't know if a single hit circular aura blast maybe like a Kiai attack would be unfitting for his repertoire. I could also do an aerial warp slash maybe some sort of an air combo that ends with the opponent being put into a grapple that flings them to the ground.

-Found and removed an infinite loop with EX Ground Wave > DIVE KICK SHURIKEN

-Also added some more coding to Super Shredder mode. The basics for the 3 specials are done, hit sounds & palfx are taken care of as well. I'll post a preview video a bit later

-I'm running into the issue I was dreading with Super Shredder's super armor,; If the opponent uses a rapid button-mashable attack they can glitch him into an infinite hit stun until he dies. Not too sure what to do here to prevent this.

-I'm still in the process of spriting some of the remaining Super Shredder stuff: Other normals, winposes & lose anims are on their way.

#804  November 03, 2012, 04:22:58 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
If he's in hitstun for too long in Super Shredder mode make him do a C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER out of it to prevent said unfair infinites?
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#805  November 03, 2012, 07:31:37 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
#806  November 04, 2012, 11:04:06 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
For the air super I was considering something like this vertical climbing Gauntlet Blur. I got the idea from Reggie's special attack in the fighter Dragoon Might

I'm still brainstorming this move but maybe Shredd could impale the foe with his sword toss them and it into the air above him and unleash the flurry of punches then finish off with the ground slam from the video or a katana uppercut or something... I'm not sure.

Also finished Super Shredder's death animation
#807  November 04, 2012, 11:56:58 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
^ I wouldn't go with the twitchy leg though (in the upwards flurry punch).
#808  November 05, 2012, 12:08:25 am
    • USA
#809  November 05, 2012, 12:37:44 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
so what happens, does he get knocked out or return to normal dcat?
#810  November 05, 2012, 12:58:46 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Wow. you are putting Super Shredder in him this is really cool. Can't wait to see him released.
#811  November 06, 2012, 04:46:18 am
  • You must be sexy to stand a chance!

#812  November 06, 2012, 10:02:38 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
For the air super I was considering something like this vertical climbing Gauntlet Blur. I got the idea from Reggie's special attack in the fighter Dragoon Might

I'm still brainstorming this move but maybe Shredd could impale the foe with his sword toss them and it into the air above him and unleash the flurry of punches then finish off with the ground slam from the video or a katana uppercut or something... I'm not sure.

Also finished Super Shredder's death animation

I think it's about time I become a regular poster here again....

I think you should look at some SSFIV style super arts, namely Vega for style, for inspiration that could leave some dramatic impact through your distinct style. I think this should be more of an impact/barrage super art: Shredder performs a short dashing attack that initiates this move, followed by a one/two lifting kick of sorts (Like M. Bison's throw) which leads into this barrage (Animate it with some more movement besides the static flurry). The barrage lasts about 5 seconds, followed by a last whallop of a dramatic punch which sends the opponent airborne. As they shoot diagonally up, he tosses his sword, skewering and stunning the opponent. To finish the animation, with the stun in play, Shredder leaps up and air throws the opponent down while collecting his sword back, finally landing on the ground, taunting away like nobodies business. Super stylish and fitting for him, no??

And by all means, keep that "My toe!! My toe!!" animation in there!! Epic!!

Hmmm... Foot Soldiers may possibly detract from Shredder's  persona. Perhaps you could add in one or two moves only with a foot soldier?? If worse comes to worse, you could include them in an intro or something.

Lastly and speaking of intros, I think a perfectly fitting intro would involve Mousers carrying away Splinter, much like the intro of the stage that came after the skateboarding stage in the arcade game, where the turtles try to chase Splinter, but the Shredder stops them for the fight. Instead of involving characters as strikers, giving them nods as introductions or win poses would be amazing. Consider this: As a Win Pose, Foot soldiers could come along with, say, his cape, giving it back to him. Or providing a sheath for his sword. You could also have Bebop and Rocksteady here and there. Or Slash. Or Tokka and Rhazar. Hell, even have the Foot Soldiers hog pile on the fallen opponent in the last round to showcase the Shredder capturing the Turtles!!

Alright.... My head is now swimming in TMNT nostalgia and ideas for Shredder!! Damn you Dcat and your awesomeness!! ;)
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:13:33 am by Saikoro
#813  November 06, 2012, 03:29:28 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Man with deep thoughts and very neat ideas. I'm sure Dcat can use something form all of that.
#814  November 06, 2012, 04:12:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I agree Foot Soldiers should be kept for intro's / winposes, Shredder has tonnes of personality himself, he doesn't need no robots helping him during his fights, and they'll distract from his persona as said.
#815  November 07, 2012, 09:06:55 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Well... I dunno Balth.  How about the Foot Soldiers for a super?
Think Borghi's Final's Super, where he sends clones of a character to attack his opponent while he is offscreen.
Shredder could similarly hop in the BG laughing while 2 -3 foot soldiers attacked his opponent.

Just a thought.
#816  November 07, 2012, 10:02:50 pm
This is just wishful thinking on my part, but what if instead of including the foot soldiers in with Shredder, they were relegated to their own  separate "Bonus Stage" character?
#817  November 08, 2012, 05:24:01 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Or we could also have a stage filled with them.
#818  November 09, 2012, 03:16:36 pm
    • Germany
I agree Foot Soldiers should be kept for intro's / winposes, Shredder has tonnes of personality himself, he doesn't need no robots helping him during his fights, and they'll distract from his persona as said.

Yea Shredder has already so many great moves that he don't need the Foot Soldiers any more, but adding them to some intros or winposes is still a good idea, let's see how Dcat thinks about it.
#819  November 09, 2012, 08:08:16 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#820  November 09, 2012, 08:16:28 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Gauntlet Blur reminds me of reverse galactic gunfire Vegeta could do in one of the games.