YesNoOk

OHMSBY's WIP thread: Kirby (Read 16255 times)

Started by OHMSBY, April 09, 2019, 11:38:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: OHMSBY's WIP thread: Kirby
#41  April 26, 2019, 08:55:11 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Kirby looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only little bit of feedback I have, is when he does his slide/twirl winpose dance, have him turn first if he is facing away from the center of the screen.  Or at least if he's close to the edge of the screen.

#42  April 27, 2019, 12:26:52 am
    • USA
Yeah, there's still a bit of touching up to do.

I've got a suggestion:
When the enemy combos Kirby at a random of 10 times, he'll lose his copy ability and return to his normal state (Just like in the Kirby games)
#43  April 27, 2019, 08:56:42 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
The only little bit of feedback I have, is when he does his slide/twirl winpose dance, have him turn first if he is facing away from the center of the screen.  Or at least if he's close to the edge of the screen.

Good call. It certainly makes it look better now that he'll no longer scoot in place when he's in the corner.
https://streamable.com/168a6

I've got a suggestion:
When the enemy combos Kirby at a random of 10 times, he'll lose his copy ability and return to his normal state (Just like in the Kirby games)

I actually had this implemented recently. However, it triggers under a different condition. It's whenever Kirby takes a hit that deals damage greater than or equal to a certain amount.
https://streamable.com/1ep3n

#44  April 30, 2019, 10:29:30 pm
  • Osoraku
  • i'm a weeb Sore ni taisho suru
    • USA
I've got a suggestion:
If a character has more than one ability It will randomize into whatever just like in super star
#45  April 30, 2019, 10:58:16 pm
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
Pretty sure OHMSBY is only gonna have one ability per character, no doubles.
#46  May 10, 2019, 10:49:59 am
    • driftolost@gmail.com
Yo, I'm kinda late to the party, did you edit some of those sprites yourself? The entire thing seems pretty interesting and I'm intrigued. Must've been a pain going through those sprites, the reason d4kirby is big is because he's got tons of sprites (and sounds).

I've been meaning to ask though, in case.. no one asked-- You know that there are some characters that can't be grabbed, right? Eventually meaning that Kirby's inhale will not work at all with some characters.
So, just like the default d4kirby, are you gonna give this one something like a copy essence mode too? Like, basically Kirby will not have to rely on inhaling opponents, and rather, on switching abilities himself? (No need for opponents to inhale, and just like the original, you basically have a gauge which fills up as you keep hitting opponents. For half the full gauge, you can switch to any ability you want.)

Additionally, I'm surprised you've gone as far as adding more abilities. Yo-yo existed in default d4kirby, but it seems like it was either unfinished or scrapped? I've got to say, I have been editing normal d4kirby tons and tons, adding and removing stuff--and you know what? I think I'm just gonna go ahead and try giving him some abilities (if that's possible...)

By the way, I'm really interested in the mirror reflection code, what's it again? Do you just put a helper in a custom state?

And finally, his, sword, fighter, and some other abilities also have unused sprites/even unused states. Like sword has Kirby's air + down B attack (i.e. from a game like KSS), but it's.. unused.

That's all I had to say, otherwise, good luck--I s'pose.

EDIT: I also really want to know how you uh.. managed to make palettes? Yeah, I'm very interested about that.
#47  May 10, 2019, 10:58:45 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
New #48  May 20, 2019, 01:05:32 am
    • driftolost@gmail.com
By the way, I'm really interested in the mirror reflection code, what's it again? Do you just put a helper in a custom state?

It actually derives from a code that I came up with a few months ago when I was working on Haruhi and I decided to recommend it to OHMSBY after seeing that he was working on a reflector, which prompted me to suggest an improvement over it.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/versatile-projectile-reflector-186170.0.html

Nice! I'm actually interested in this, is it okay if I use it too? I've been working on a d4kirby edit.

Edited!
Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:11:30 am by sesdef
#49  May 20, 2019, 01:10:05 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Nice! I'm actually interested in this, is it okay if I use it too? I've been working on a d4kirby edit.

Well, that's why I posted the thread, to get as many people who make reflectors in their characters to try out this system as much as possible.

Also, OHMSBY did release Kirby several days ago, so, you might want to reply in that thread concerning this character to keep up-to-date more. :P