YesNoOk

Thedge is available for full characters commissions (Read 256647 times)

Started by Thedge, January 03, 2015, 04:19:44 am
Thedge is available for full characters commissions
New #1  January 03, 2015, 04:19:44 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Hi, I'm Thedge McClure. You may remember me from such characters like KOF E. Honda, KOF Sean, and my current project KOF Alex.
Recently the company that I'm working for decided to cut some heads, mine included, so, I have bills to pay and a lot of free time starting january 10.

What am I capable of?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

What do I offer?
A full KOF sprite set of any character you want.

What is a full KOF sprite set?
Basically these animations:

Price?
Between 1000 $us and 3000 $us depending on complexity and resources availability.
An outfit swap will be cheaper than a character that I need to animate, etc.
A full set from scratch or a ridiculous busy design like Sylvie will be the most expensive, for sure.

I may be pricey for this kinda stuff, I know.

Time to deliver?
A year or more depending on how many commissions I'm making.
The only thing I can promise you is that I will finish it.

Character?
That's up to the ones who put the money, I rather convert characters I'm familiar with, but, I'm not the one deciding.

How many of these will I take?
Two at a time, this way I wont get tired of drawing the same character over and over.

Payment method?
Money Gram, Western Union or More transfers, Paypal proved to be very problematic in this country.

Commissions done

Commissions taken

Ask me anything here.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 08:49:13 pm by Thedge
Re: Thedge is open to comission full characters
#2  January 03, 2015, 04:29:40 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
inb4 another iori by walt aka nothing gets finsihed

sorry to hear about your job. hope things get better soon
#3  January 03, 2015, 04:40:14 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Recently the company that I'm working for decided to cut some heads, mine included, so, I have bills to pay and a lot of free time starting january 10.

Wow, that sucks man. What a great belated Christmas gift.

Well, you're pretty much the only KOF Master Spriter™ on the market, that's ought to be a profitable niche. You'd do well to show some Honda/Sean/Marco/Lien anims on the first post for the folks that are not familiar with your work.
#4  January 03, 2015, 04:53:40 am
  • SNK is life
#5  January 03, 2015, 05:01:35 am
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
As Cyan Paul suggested, I added proof that I do not suck balls at spriting in this style.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#6  January 03, 2015, 05:15:45 am
say, whatever happened to kof-styled "pechugas laru"?

was the char ever completed?
#7  January 03, 2015, 05:20:29 am
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
Nope, lack of time because of job/life/other projects, but the first one's not an issue anymore. :P
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#8  January 03, 2015, 05:23:27 am
  • SNK is life
Again, not a paid commission character, not the subject of the thread at hand. Please cut it with the previous unfinished WIPs talk, this is about Thedge setting up shop for a paid gig.
#9  January 03, 2015, 05:39:19 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
taking a wild guess there as I have been through similar situations:
rather, to put it in simpler terms, any non.paid wip is on undefinite hold to give more priority to the paid comissions as bringing food to the table takes higher priority. they will only be discussed in case people wants to pay so they get finished sooner, becasue that needs negotiation (as an example maybe someone want sto pay so lien/someone else whom alrayd ahs progress gets finished ).

if some business go right I might be comissioning something for february, consider the slot open but I will keep my eyes on this.

#10  January 03, 2015, 06:51:17 am
Please cut it with the previous unfinished WIPs talk, this is about Thedge setting up shop for a paid gig.
only the thing with another iori was me teasing (you), but the other one was a legit question as i was wondering what happened with the project :(
#11  January 03, 2015, 07:49:45 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
It's a shame about what happened to your job. I really hope your commissions go well, because I always love to see KOF characters from you~

Shit
#12  January 03, 2015, 08:10:49 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Is it okay to pay in instalments? I have one project that I would very much like to get done. :)
#13  January 03, 2015, 11:34:55 am
I'm sorry for your job.

But instead asking a price to one person for one char, why don't try a crowdfunding with many persons who wan"t the same char (with a vote for exemple).

I am sure a lot of people want a Zanguief, a Dudley or a Makoto for his KOF game. But personaly, I can't paid 400 or 500 $.
#14  January 03, 2015, 06:08:17 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
I'm sorry for your job.

But instead asking a price to one person for one char, why don't try a crowdfunding with many persons who wan"t the same char (with a vote for exemple).

I am sure a lot of people want a Zanguief, a Dudley or a Makoto for his KOF game. But personaly, I can't paid 400 or 500 $.

Its a good idea since 400 or 500 is expensive for me too.
#15  January 04, 2015, 09:04:14 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
the crownfunding idea could work...

at the same time maybe doing small comissions can help you out, like doing some sprite edits for animations that doesn't exist in the character

and question, the prices include coding or that's a separate thing?

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 01:06:59 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#16  January 04, 2015, 04:01:57 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
These prices are very reasonable!

I will see what I can get together for you.
#17  January 04, 2015, 04:22:27 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Man that sucks about your job, bunch of A-holes!

Aye the prices are very reasonable concidering your skill, but the simple fact remains that not a lot of users here are able/willing to pay those kind of amounts, I would also suggest the crowd-funding. Perhaps make a poll for which characters you would want to sprite yourself, then after that, make another poll to see how much people would want to pitch in with (it'd better be the same amount (or more) of people that voted on the winner of the previous poll).
People pitching in with 50 or 100 dollars is I think reasonable, 400/500 less so.

I agree Zangief is a possibly popular choice. Besides Blanka, I think he is the only one out of the original 8 World Warriors that doesn't have a KOF sprite set (if we include your own KOF E.Honda).
I don't know if there is a KOF SF fullgame but if all char sprite sets are available, people might want it ;)

Good luck, Thedge!
#18  January 04, 2015, 04:40:36 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I agree Zangief is a possibly popular choice. Besides Blanka, I think he is the only one out of the original 8 World Warriors that doesn't have a KOF sprite set (if we include your own KOF E.Honda).

But Balthy, KOF Blanka was in fact made

I'd love to see Zangief for sure, I remember eFex even made a very good sprite of Zangief in KOF style, which could be used for reference.

Shit
#19  January 04, 2015, 04:41:33 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Man that sucks about your job, bunch of A-holes!
I would also suggest the crowd-funding. Perhaps make a poll for which characters you would want to sprite yourself, then after that, make another poll to see how much people would want to pitch in with (it'd better be the same amount (or more) of people that voted on the winner of the previous poll).
People pitching in with 50 or 100 dollars is I think reasonable, 400/500 less so.

Yeah, that sounds pretty reasonable to me, IMO.

Two things:
1. Wasn't there a decent looking KoF Blanka already made by 119way? Nevermind, MotorRoach beat me to it LMAO. :D
2. I'm all in for a KoF Zangief. Would make my life easier converting him to CvS. :laugh:

I don't know if there is a KOF SF fullgame but if all char sprite sets are available, people might want it ;)

You mean this one?
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/street-fighter-snk-132361.0.html

Yeah, only Zangief is missing from the bunch.

Sorry to hear about your job, Thedge. Really saddening. Good luck, man. :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#20  January 04, 2015, 04:58:26 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Yeah KOF Style I like That Plus Have you ever thought of KOF version of SF3 or SF eX characters....Good luck in your future Thedge especially with your current project.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 05:02:30 pm by Segatron