YesNoOk

Black Mage released, all Famicom Fighters chars updated (Read 44795 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, June 24, 2023, 08:11:51 pm
Share this topic:
Black Mage released, all Famicom Fighters chars updated
#1  June 24, 2023, 08:11:51 pm
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA

Download (under Standalone section): http://mcjimmy.net/famicomfighters.html

Black Mage now has a standalone M.U.G.E.N version! He's scaled up (with a file to resize him back) and comes with his own configurable file. He's based on the most recent update of Famicom Fighters. All other standalone characters have been updated based on said update as well!
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
Re: Black Mage released, all Famicom Fighters chars updated
#2  June 25, 2023, 06:36:09 am
  • Eat Shit.
    • USA
    • brokkenshoe@live.com
Oh fantastic! He was probably the ones I was interested most next to your Starman as a normal release. Great job
#3  June 25, 2023, 08:58:47 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
This character's great. I've been meaning to try out your full game but in the meantime here's some feedback for him:

- His forward dash is statetype S. Although I'm not sure it's an issue since you made him go to pos y 0 when hit. May cause some unexpected interactions. To make him leave the floor without actually doing it you can use offset
- I think you should reset velocities in basic states like 0, 52, etc
- Full Stop might be a bit busted because it tracks from full screen and you get a full combo from it
- 6B is not listed in any movelist
- The readme doesn't tell you Confusing Staff is an air attack
- The Fighter and White Mage assists miss KFM at point blank
- Standing Fighter and Barusa & Toby assists seem really strong. Not necessarily an issue just saying
- Could make assist selection skip the timer for the AI
- His HCF move feels like it should be a DP motion (power dunk, hehe). Also causes less overlap with QCF
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#4  June 25, 2023, 07:20:59 pm
    • USA
Hey, thanks for the feedback!

This character's great. I've been meaning to try out your full game but in the meantime here's some feedback for him:

- His forward dash is statetype S. Although I'm not sure it's an issue since you made him go to pos y 0 when hit. May cause some unexpected interactions. To make him leave the floor without actually doing it you can use offset
- I think you should reset velocities in basic states like 0, 52, etc
- Full Stop might be a bit busted because it tracks from full screen and you get a full combo from it
- 6B is not listed in any movelist
- The readme doesn't tell you Confusing Staff is an air attack
- The Fighter and White Mage assists miss KFM at point blank
- Standing Fighter and Barusa & Toby assists seem really strong. Not necessarily an issue just saying
- Could make assist selection skip the timer for the AI
- His HCF move feels like it should be a DP motion (power dunk, hehe). Also causes less overlap with QCF
  • Regarding Full Stop, you can jump over it (although I guess it does make it a bit knowledge-checkish given the visuals) and the damage does scale on hit. It also deals no damage on chip either so you can simply just block it and you can't be chipped out of it. Perhaps it's still a bit too strong for punishing attacks at range with it?
  • I didn't list 6B in any movesets as it is Black Mage's default Standing Strong Kick. It comes out on both the command and performing his Stand Kick chain. I only list 6X/Forward + X attacks for FCF characters if either:
    • The command version is different from the chained version (if said basic attack chain is possible at all for that character).
    • If they can also be performed with a second command.
  • I see what you mean with Fighter and Barusa & Toby. The former is supposed to be offset by taking turns with White Mage while the latter is offset by the helper meter costs. That said, the former's armor and the latter's projectiles makes them pretty strong regardless.

Everything else I didn't mention I'll either fix or consider implementing though!
BGC Forums
#5  June 25, 2023, 07:56:49 pm
    • Portugal
Regarding Full Stop, you can jump over it (although I guess it does make it a bit knowledge-checkish given the visuals) and the damage does scale on hit. It also deals no damage on chip either so you can simply just block it and you can't be chipped out of it. Perhaps it's still a bit too strong for punishing attacks at range with it?
I'm just theory fighting here. Depends on what the other characters can do.
It sounds like you made it very easy to use but for a low reward (scaled). Maybe flip that? Like for instance making A and B buttons activate it at specific positions instead of tracking, but getting rid of damage scaling. Just food for thought.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#6  June 25, 2023, 08:22:45 pm
    • USA
It sounds like you made it very easy to use but for a low reward (scaled). Maybe flip that? Like for instance making A and B buttons activate it at specific positions instead of tracking, but getting rid of damage scaling. Just food for thought.

I actually do like this concept, it does make it much more rewarding! I'll definitely consider it for the future.
BGC Forums
#7  June 26, 2023, 04:47:57 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Love that trailer!
#8  July 04, 2023, 01:52:54 am
    • USA
Thank you!

All standalone characters have now received an update: http://mcjimmy.net/famicomfighters.html

General Changes:
  • Forward dash was recoded to use Offset regarding the y-velocity.
  • Additional common stages were included to set their velocities to 0.
  • DP motions are less likely to overlap with QCF/QCB commands in combos and now have a shortcut.
    (DF, DF/DB, DB)
  • Half-circle commands were updated and made a bit more lenient.
  • SFF should now be fine for VSelect.

Standalone Changes:
  • Countdown for the helper select is disabled for AI opponents.

Black Mage changes:
  • The hitboxes for Fighter and White Mage's standing summons were increased backwards.
  • Confusing Staff was not originally listed to be air-specific in the readme. (Standalone-only)

Dig Dug changes (all standalone-specific):
  • Fixed a bug involving Pump and Blow not defeating the enemy properly.
  • Fixed a bug with Mappy's trampoline not applying gravity to the opponent.
  • Sound effects were updated for Air Hook Toss and Earth Smasher to use more of FCF's SFX.

Some of the Black Mage feedback regarding Full Stop and Lit Crash will be dealt with a later date. I'd like to keep some consistency between the full game and the standalone version for now.
BGC Forums
#9  July 08, 2023, 05:17:04 pm
    • Portugal
DP motions are less likely to overlap with QCF/QCB commands in combos and now have a shortcut.
(DF, DF/DB, DB)
This shortcut was a meme in SF4 but it doesn't actually exist, for what it's worth. In Mugen notation the SF4 input would be $F, $D, $F.
(I personally use F, D, $F)
#10  September 17, 2023, 12:44:32 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Sorry for the bump but I made a small port for your character. The color limitation made it pretty hard but I think it look alright

Again sorry for the bump. I dont played much mugen nowdays so I totally missed this when it came out.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#11  September 29, 2023, 03:01:33 am
    • USA
Sorry for the bump but I made a small port for your character. The color limitation made it pretty hard but I think it look alright

Again sorry for the bump. I dont played much mugen nowdays so I totally missed this when it came out.

Oh, this icon looks really cool! I'll include it in the next update!

DP motions are less likely to overlap with QCF/QCB commands in combos and now have a shortcut.
(DF, DF/DB, DB)
This shortcut was a meme in SF4 but it doesn't actually exist, for what it's worth. In Mugen notation the SF4 input would be $F, $D, $F.
(I personally use F, D, $F)

Thank you for the clarification, I'll look into changing that for the next update!
BGC Forums