Ikemen GO (Read 1253968 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#581  April 16, 2019, 06:08:29 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Just read up a lil bit and you’ll see Gazira is doing that. You are a creator, no reason for you to not use it. Mugen will only hinder you in the long run, unless you are deadset on it. It’s not difficult to port, but better to build around it from the beginning. Also... My own opinion. Forget about compatibility, start building your common1 now. Will save you a lot of time and effort as well as bring more incentive to playing your game with its own exclusives.

Thanks for your answer, yes, when Gazira finish and implement all the mugen1.b1, surelly will be the engine that I´ll use, would be great too that I can play 3vs3 in Training mode (something that in Mugen I cant!), that Ikemen is in development is great.
Keep it up with this great project guys!

REDHOT you should really try IKEMEN GO.

I´d love to! when all the mugen 1.b1 features are implemented
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#582  April 16, 2019, 06:37:03 pm
    • USA
What exactly are the unique 1.1 features? I don’t know them all. This SP stuff is just about wrapping up. It’s interesting because a lot of this has never been possible, we’ll have to continue to mess with it to see it’s full potential.

It’s better to experiment now to keep things moving. You need to experience it yourself, telling you, throw some characters in there to see how you like it. Visually, there is a huge difference.

As much work as you are putting into that Gazira, you might as well make a full game. You just have to weigh the pros and cons.

Cons
-In development/some development(not complete)
Pros
-In development/some development
-Extra modes
-Single, Tag, Simul, Turns(all four together)
-3v3/4v4 without hacks
-Features that normally required work arounds don’t need them
-Potential to grow
That and many more, though this is a joke post, no reason not to use it, or rather, as I had said a while back, if you are interested in a full game, use it 100%.

As you all continue to work on cosmetics(which is also important) I’ve just been working on making concepts to show things like Controlled Arcade Mode, potential for story mode, endings etc. It’s good to have a mix of things being done. You guys stuff already looks “beyond mugen”, that is the highest possible compliment.
#583  April 16, 2019, 08:51:38 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
What exactly are the unique 1.1 features?

Overview:
-New rendering engine based on OpenGL
-Camera zooming

Graphical:
- New rendering engine based on OpenGL (mugen.cfg: [Video]: RenderMode = OpenGL). RenderMode=System now deprecated (it still works but will not support all the new features). RenderMode=OpenGLScreen removed.
- mugen.cfg: [Video]: KeepAspect, StageFit, SystemFit options added. Various window-related preferences. If you prefer the 1.0 behavior of cropping stages and motifs to match the window aspect, set StageFit and SystemFit to 0.
-Alt-Enter during OpenGL windowed video mode (fullscreen = 0) will toggle windowed fullscreen instead of exclusive fullscreen mode.
-Added RGB and RGBA sprite support. Use the updated SprMake2 tool.
-AIR: Added scale and angle optional parameters. More info: AIR Optional Parameters
-AIR: Added linear interpolation support. More info: AIR Interpolation
-AIR: Floating point values now accepted for offsets.
-Stages and Backgrounds
-BG: Added maskwindow, startscale, scaledelta, zoomdelta parameters. Backgrounds: Advanced Parameters
-BG: Deprecated window parameter. Use maskwindow instead.
-BG: Parallax: Deprecated yscalestart and yscaledelta parameters. Use startscale and scaledelta instead.
-BG: Parallax: use of the width parameter is now the preferred method for hardware-accelerated rendering modes due to visual artifacts resulting from using xscale method.
-BG: Parallax: support for animated parallax added.
-Stages: [Camera]: added zoomout, zoomin, tensionhigh, tensionlow parameters. Backgrounds: Camera Group
-Stages: [Shadow]: Added xshear parameter (RenderMode=OpenGL only). Removed support for color parameter; use intensity instead. Backgrounds: Shadow Group

CNS
CNS: DestroySelf: Added recursive param. State Controllers: Destroyself

CNS: DestroySelf: Fixed instability if explods are not removed before DestroySelf.

CNS: Explod: Added angle params (behavior will likely be changed before stable release). More info: State Controllers: Explod

CNS: Explod: Added remappal param. State Controllers: Explod

CNS: Helper: Added remappal param. State Controllers: Helper

CNS: Explod: Added space, bindID params. Deprecated postype param; use combination of pos and screen instead. State Controllers: Explod

Because stage zooming was added in 1.1, there is a need to distinguish screen space from stage space to achieve the desired effect.

CNS: Projectile: Added ownpal and remappal params. State Controllers: Projectile

CNS: RemapPal: now restricted to 8 mappings. State Controllers: Remappal

CNS: Trans: Deprecated addalpha and add1 parameters; use add with alpha parameter instead. State Controllers: Trans

CNS: Added CameraPos trigger. Triggers: CameraPos

CNS: Added CameraZoom trigger. Triggers: CameraZoom

CNS: Added ScreenWidth, ScreenHeight triggers for use with screen-space explods. Triggers: ScreenWidth, ScreenHeight

CNS: Added BackEdge, FrontEdge, LeftEdge, RightEdge, TopEdge, BottomEdge triggers. Triggers

CNS: Line number report on parse errors.

Misc
-Motifs: sysexplods: added angle parameter (doesn't work right for text yet)
-Text line limit increase from 4k to 16k.
-Graphics: Fight player portraits are no longer affected by player PalFX.
-Efficiency of ownpal=1 explods improved.
-Fixed possible resource leak in survival mode.
-select.def: Increased arcade.maxmatches and team.maxmatches limit to 30.
-Font v2: added banktype parameter: palette (default) and sprite. Sprite banktype lets you substitute an entirely new set of sprites instead of changing the palette.
-Font v2: added RGBA font support. Use an SFF with RGBA sprites, and optionally set banktype = sprite. See font/num72.def and work/font/num72/ for an example of an RGBA font.
-Precaching does not work yet in 1.1 and is currently disabled.

Tools
-SprMake2: Added support for 24 (RGB) and 32 bit (RGBA) sprites. Including such sprites will generate an SFF (v2.01) that is incompatible with MUGEN 1.0.
-SprMake2: Added png8, png24 and png32 compression methods. Using such compression methods will generate an SFF (v2.01) that is incompatible with MUGEN 1.0.

Reimplemented
These have been partly or fully reimplemented. Info for alpha testers only.

-Graphical renderer (affects all sprites)
-Palfx and RemapPal (affects all players, helpers, explods, projectiles and afterimages)
-Explod drawing
-Shadows drawing
-Screen fading
-Game flow, i.e. transitions between mode select, vs screen, fight, etc. (not in alpha 1)

Player Update Notes
Some explods in 1.0 characters may not appear correctly when the camera zooms in or out. This happens because 1.0 does not understand if an explod is meant to be zoomed with the camera or not.

Convert existing explod controllers to use the new parameters, particularly "space", in order to display explods correctly. Examples of explod effects that should be in screen space are fullscreen background shown during supers, character portraits, victory screens implemented in CNS, etc. Examples of explod effects that should be in stage space are hit and super sparks, dust, character parts (e.g. a shield), etc.

More info: State Controllers

Explods now take angle, yangle and xangle parameters. This means you can rotate an explod in 3D space. Those of you familiar with 3D will notice that there is a fixed perspective projection. You can play with these new parameters, but note that we'll probably change how this works, so expect breakages during the alpha and beta phases of 1.1.

Stage Update Notes
There is a temporary parameter "ForceStageZoomout" under [Misc] in mugen.cfg. This enables zooming on all stages that do not have explicit zoom parameters.

Camera zooming has a tendency to expose blank areas around the edges of stages, especially on background elements with a small delta. You can think of zooming out to be like switching a camera to a wide-angle lens, enabling you to see a wider view of the same scene.

For 1.1, you should explicitly set the zoomout and zoomin parameters in the [Camera] group. It's also recommended to use tensionhigh and tensionlow to control vertical movement as they look better than verticalfollow for tall stages.

If you're using content from 1.0, you'll want to fix the blank areas around the edges of your stage. One way to do this is draw in the edges of the affected sprites.

There is another method that works on multi-layered stages: use the zoomdelta BG element parameter. For elements on layers that are "far away", such as the sky, use a small zoomdelta. Use progressively larger zoomdeltas up to 1.0 for elements that appear closer to the foreground. A general guideline is to use a zoomdelta that is close in value to the delta value of each element. This method requires less touch up artwork and gives stages a feeling of depth. You may need to reduce your stage bounds slightly using this method.

See the Background/Stage documentation for more info.

Note that the example KFM stage has zooming explicitly disabled.

Follow the project on:

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
#584  April 16, 2019, 09:59:13 pm
    • USA
Now you have the references. To what extent has anyone tried to use these? From my understanding many of these work as is without any workarounds. Now the notes are there for anyone who wants to compare. It’d also help with what needs to be done knowing what doesn’t work. None of the zoom stuff maters btw. Ikemen has its own zoom settings.
Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:04:15 pm by 2Dee4ever
#585  April 16, 2019, 10:19:58 pm
The zoom in ikemen, imo, looks and feels betterthan Mugen 1.1
#586  April 16, 2019, 11:06:30 pm
    • USA
Correct me if I’m wrong, K4thos, before leaving also added the “stage specific zoom” to the select def. Having multiple zooms will clash btw(cancel each other out) from my experience anyway.

What exactly are we missing now? To reach that “like commercial” status, this wouldn’t even be accurate to today’s fighters I guess.. I always use Alpha 3 as a base btw. Depending on your game, you may not require the same modes.
*Have
-Arcade(Completely replicated, character specific arcade ladders/rivals etc)(New addition continue/count down/coin mode)
-Training(Dedicated training mode, this includes hidden slots etc as training can be non selectable)
-Survival
-Vs 100 Kumite
-Free battle(Can finally play against the cpu without using debug keys)(No dedicated mode for team/dynamic/reverse, but could be implemented, but not necessary as free battle allows both sides to choose play style)
-Variable(similar to tag)
-Vs mode
-Network mode
-Final battle(Boss rush takes its place)(You can make hidden characters/slots/npcs, it’s possible, I have Orochi as boss only.)

*Missing
-Ranking system, which is tied to score/unlocks etc(need a dedicated score system unique to well applicable modes)
Having the score system itself is hugeeee, now with the continue screen that works with coins?? So offfical.

*Wishlists(based on various things I’ve read from other users may be more)
-Color edit mode
-Some type of Gallery mode
-Some type of in game shop(I’ve only seen this in KOF wing, but apparently its possble.

Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:12:22 pm by 2Dee4ever
#587  April 16, 2019, 11:12:05 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Speaking of Arcade, could there be/is it possible to have secret requirements for certain matches?
Like for example: No losses makes Akuma appear as the last opponent?
Or no losses and at least 5 Perfects to get Oni instead?
And maybe once you've beaten them they are unlocked via a flag?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#588  April 16, 2019, 11:21:43 pm
    • USA
There was talk about that back when he was still active, don’t remember what page it’s on. Some code was even mocked up I believe. As far as I’ve seen, not much is “impossible” the work just needs to be done and the interest needs to be there naturally. Oh another thing that is already possible, that many people want.. Expansion of the character select options. So we have the animations now right? Only idles though. Upon selection state 195(assuming its common for taunts, or a dedicated one?) The announcer call outs has been possible since vanilla though not many have messed with it.
#589  April 17, 2019, 08:34:00 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Interesting talk.
Not sure how a ranking system would work for existing characters.
Secret requirements would not be too hard but first I have to fix the arcade code (It's a mess how it works in practice)
Coin-op would be super simple to make once the arcade mode is in place.

About mugen 1.1 feature we have almost everything I think we only lack:
- Linear interpolation for animations
- The undocumented zoom parameter
- And TTF for lifebars
- Better default AI scaling (We have one but...)

Once we finish that.
Most of the work on we have on Ikemen to get to RC is making it more stable, fixing bugs and making the compatibility better.
Like for example load the localcoord from the lifebar file instead of lua.

About things that Ikemen GO has new compared to mugen.
- Portait scale independent from localcoord
- 4vs4 and TAG mode
- Interactive stages (The stage could be his own char)
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:42:03 am by Gacel
#590  April 17, 2019, 09:49:37 am
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Please, let me add the things that I would like to see in a ikemen Go screenpack/lifebar:

SCREENPACK
-Compatibility with video files.
-Can work portraits like images to work animations with them.
-Multuple portraits for select, versus and winner screens.
-You Lose animation for 1p modes.
-Here Comes New Challenger animation.
-Story Mode.
-Introbg for title and select.
-Different selectbg for 1player and 2 player modes.
-Stage Intermision screen.
-Portraits for stages.
-Palette select at character select screen.

LIFEBAR
-Actionbg for all the animations, Round, Fight, Finish and Winner screens.
-Introbg for round.
-Can work portraits like images to work animations with them.
-Normal KO and Special KO differnt animations.
-Loopstart doen´t work in mugen fight.def archive.
-Include combo messages and sounds.

Well this is all that comes to mind, to see everything that can be included, very interested in the Portait scale independent from localcoord because it´s very annoying to create portraits for chars. Thank you very much for you time.

#591  April 17, 2019, 10:15:07 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Well as I said first we have to make the engine stable enough before making big changes.

"Portraitscale" is a new ikemen thing.
https://osdn.net/users/neatunsou/pf/ikemen_go/wiki/FrontPage
It's in neatunsou readme.

Most of these thing could be added once the lifebar/screenpack code is complete.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Story mode would be the hardest thing to add (Considering all the posible story modes...)

About Portrait for stages...
We will have to define a standard for these things (Resolution, aspect ratio, size, etc) this is not something that should take lightly.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#592  April 17, 2019, 11:49:35 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

How hard would be to implement this function where the music triggers when the match is over and continue playing on victory screen?
Lasagna
#593  April 17, 2019, 01:26:16 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Well as I said first we have to make the engine stable enough before making big changes.

"Portraitscale" is a new ikemen thing.
https://osdn.net/users/neatunsou/pf/ikemen_go/wiki/FrontPage
It's in neatunsou readme.

Most of these thing could be added once the lifebar/screenpack code is complete.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Story mode would be the hardest thing to add (Considering all the posible story modes...)

About Portrait for stages...
We will have to define a standard for these things (Resolution, aspect ratio, size, etc) this is not something that should take lightly.

I'm glad to see that most options are possible to include. This afternoon with time I want to test how lifebars work. Well thank you very much for answering. See you.
#594  April 17, 2019, 02:12:20 pm
    • South Africa
Hi guys! I wanted to ask, how hard is it to implement a feature that allows you to select a stage music ingame? Like for example say if I choose stage 1, then I could choose ingame what music from my sound folder would play for that stage in the next match? For vs and non arcade modes of course?
#595  April 17, 2019, 03:00:27 pm
    • Russia
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. First of all, thank you for your incredible work. I'm impressed by your work as a community. And since i love Mugen/Ikemen, i think i could contribute to it's development. I'm currently working on implementing some missing features from mugen1.1(mostly screenpack support) in my fork: https://github.com/nckgriva/Ikemen_GO
Gacel i sent you a pull request with TTF support for lifebars. Maybe i could help you if you don't have enough time :)
#596  April 17, 2019, 03:19:43 pm
    • Turkey
Wow looks like this engine will rival unreal fighter 2D!
Also dan my problem is as explained.I am unable to do special moves with controller on Many chars when my character is in left side.Exaple i cant do shin hadou.Even i do right input it does denjin hadoken.When i try to do shin shoryuken it does hurricane kick.This is ryu by GM.
Also i found out that GM' sf3 chars are unable to hit ducks on duck hunt minigame after they hit one with normal moves.I dont know if its about char or engine.
Also this engine doesnt recognize 2Player controller.
Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 03:34:38 pm by Adnan
#597  April 17, 2019, 04:32:51 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
Well, I will wait for the new update. When the mugen 1.1b graphical and tools feature it´s applied, I will use Ikemen 100% sure.
Thanks for all the works that you guys are doing.

Follow the project on:

#598  April 17, 2019, 05:36:21 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Nothing wrong here... nah. (Ignore the Infobox part)
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#599  April 17, 2019, 10:02:15 pm
Thank you for your contribution kidcy! I can't wait to see what can come of ikemen!
#600  April 17, 2019, 10:18:06 pm
i always had seen screenpacks very basics or without almost nothing added using ikemen, i'd like to see a screenpack like street fighter, kof or marvel with animated portraits and a structure from original game.

Ikemen seems to be hard to work and at the same time a challenge what anything wants to commit forward......