YesNoOk

Bardock Z2 (Inspired) (Read 125370 times)

Started by WekRiptor, October 28, 2015, 02:12:57 am
Share this topic:
Re: Bardock Z2 (Inspired)
#101  July 29, 2016, 08:46:26 pm
  • Live with a burning passion!
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
Alright, I will get to work on all those issues. @dragolink1 I used Vegeta for the legs and arms and Goku for the face.
#102  August 02, 2016, 04:52:45 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
- his torso turns completely, while the lower body remains mostly the same; he breaks his body doing that punch;
How would I go about fixing that, I still want him to punch with that fist.
#103  August 02, 2016, 06:18:18 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
Here is a quick fix, if something needs fixing tell me.

#104  August 03, 2016, 06:13:07 am
  • ORA ORA!!!
Getting better. You're in the right way!
#105  August 03, 2016, 09:32:33 pm
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
#106  September 13, 2016, 08:37:42 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Cool stuff man!
One thing i'll say tho, that punch is using smear awkwardly (it may be the timing but i still feel it worth mentioning) typically smear is used for punches extending out, for example, see Makoto from SF3

She uses smear when doing an action, little if ever using it to return to idle. I'd recommend using the smear frame for the punch, then have a frame or two of the punch hanging, then frames for him returning to idle. Merely a suggestion dud,e you're doing great!

PS: The smears presented are used for Makotos DP motion punch attack (forgot the name lol), and her forward throw
Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:41:24 pm by Yoshin222
#107  September 14, 2016, 02:30:31 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
Thanks man, I'm going to start working on this soon enough, I'll look into it.
#108  September 25, 2016, 02:21:24 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
Hey I started working on this again. I was told of a database that has palette references, but for the life of me I can't find it. Anyone know where it is?
#109  September 25, 2016, 03:41:26 am
    • UK
I haven't heard of a pallete database. Sounds interesting
Personally i'd download the latest build of Hyper DBZ, that should be good enough
#110  September 25, 2016, 07:37:02 pm
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
Oh well, its not that important, I'd to just like to do an anime accurate palette that's all.
#111  September 25, 2016, 08:43:29 pm
    • UK

Still needs work but it looks promising

A possible new pallete if ya like
#112  October 01, 2016, 11:36:19 pm
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
#113  October 01, 2016, 11:39:15 pm
    • UK
Ah gotcha. I am an on again off again fan of DBZ so sorry for the inaccuracy XD
#114  October 02, 2016, 12:19:44 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
... I hate to be the guy to say this, but it hasn't improved at all.

Light source is all over the place on the leg, leg movement looks erratic (when landing the punch, the leg shifts position unnaturally), and there are proportion/animation inconsistencies. One part of Bardock's armor disappears, he becomes skinny when he lands his punch (that shouldn't happen at all), and hair feels kind of stiff when the animation goes.

Here's something I whipped up quickly (it's not perfect I know, twas really quick):

Notice how it all goes a bit smoothly now? And with more refinement, it can be professional looking, Z2 quality.

I have the following to suggest for you: take a break from this project, a small one, and just practice the concepts associated with it: lighting, outlining, animation (This article and this video are great), coloring, etc. For your sake, let's say you are only interested in Z2 spriting. Which is totally fine. Do the above, but with the Z2 style in mind. See how Balthazar handles lighting on his sprites, see how he handles outlining and anatomy, and see how he handles animation. Look up all the sprites from his Z2 project threads, save em, and study them.

Practice doing Z2 sprites on easy subjects, then move onto harder ones. Make sure you can at least do those things (single sprites speaking) before moving on to animation. Once in animation, study how change occurs. By this, I mean literally go through Balthazar's sprites and see how an animation was handled. Look through HQ and Barker's animations and see how something changed from one frame to the other, all the while keeping the 12 principles of animation in mind (and see how those apply as well!).

Another thing, well these:

Some behind the scenes stuff to show part of the sprite creating process.

Click Spoiler :)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

>>>

Consider using stuff from other games, and or tracing if need be.

I mean, I hate tracing (I think you didn't want to work over Goku because you want to learn scratch spriting), but if it gets you viable results do it. And hey, Balth is pretty professional, and professionals do it, so why not you? Something to think about.
This is a generic forum signature.
#115  October 07, 2016, 03:26:54 am
    • USA
    • kory.wyant@gmail.com
Can do, though, I'm remaking that punch from scratch, so hopefully it won't be as bad.

HB

#116  May 09, 2019, 12:09:34 pm
    • Georgia
You might have already seen this in the last Bardock thread from 2 years ago (holy shit!) but this base of a kick animation is still up for grabs if you want it.

It's not perfect but it's a start :)

Thank you very much, this will sure save some time! this could perhaps be a far sp. k

guys can i use this kick and other stuff for bardock? maybe ill try to make a z2i character of him if you both don't mind of course
#117  May 10, 2019, 12:08:33 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
I don't mind if you use this kick :)
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack