YesNoOk

The 10,000 NGBC Drama slots of M.U.G.E.N (Read 42885 times)

Started by Sepp, February 12, 2006, 08:10:13 pm
The 10,000 NGBC Drama slots of M.U.G.E.N
#1  February 12, 2006, 08:10:13 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
The topic title is what it is because we need 100+ replies to this topic for reasons which will become clear in a moment . . .

Statements of the successful one:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The haters' delayed reaction in the Staff section:

Why Guild sucks and this topic needs 100+ replies in order to be valid:

In the five days since it has been uncovered, DJ-VAN has not once admitted what he did and instead threw random accusations of his own at us haters.

Now DJ-VAN might be a fine person and all, or more like a lying glory-hungry self-opinionated asshole that deserves a full ban.

I'm kind of undecided right now, but I think I'm rooting for the haters' side here . . . three two one, comments questions suggestions go go go.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)

B²92

Re: The 10,000 NGBC Drama slots of M.U.G.E.N
#2  February 12, 2006, 08:27:06 pm
99 replies left. The best Kung Fu Bahn plugin ? Hater side.
Funny to see how he brings out (like many other guys before) the WinMUGEN hack thingy just when he needs it.

MachinaWeapon

#3  February 12, 2006, 08:30:10 pm
98 Left.

Thieves get no love, regardless of who they are. Hater. :)
#4  February 12, 2006, 08:34:00 pm
    • zsalad.dapshow.com
Did he at least credited the Juntin-whatever plugin?
#5  February 12, 2006, 08:43:12 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Far as I know he never claimed he made it from scratch. He at least always talked about having improved an existing plugin.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
#6  February 12, 2006, 08:46:37 pm
    • Germany
Oh and just to clear this one up beforehand:
This case can ]in no way be compared to the winmugen ethics stuff. Yes, winmugen is a leaked and hacked beta, but we do credit elecbyte for this work, and have good reasons for accepting it, namely, preventing this whole community's death.
DJ-VAN took a plugin made by someone else which was fully functional on its own, renamed it DJ-VAN.dll and released it as his own work stating that he "modified" it in certain ways to make it work better. It was verified that this dll is bit-by-bit equal to the original plugin. dj-van never gave any plausible description of what exactly he changed in the file.

in case we're wrong about all this, an explanation would be greatly appreciated.
#7  February 12, 2006, 08:48:40 pm
    • zsalad.dapshow.com
Well, I'm not defending him, but something similar, actually related to me, happened some years ago, and nothing really happened to the responsible person (and I'm not really wanting to discuss this), but I agree that's wrong.
#8  February 12, 2006, 08:50:56 pm
    • Germany
faye incident? that was unfair indeed, but we all know faye was/is a drama queen :P
#9  February 12, 2006, 08:57:26 pm
    • zsalad.dapshow.com
Bleh. Anyway, I think his version of the facts should be heard before having any decision.
#10  February 12, 2006, 09:00:02 pm
I don't need to say anything.
Post count +1, topic posts count +1.
I think his version of the facts should be heard
Ah, but it already has. Everyone has access to his profile, afterall.

+1 !
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#11  February 12, 2006, 09:06:14 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
eh, for me, its just another label to accompany "attention-whore"...i mean, god-fucking-damn, every screenshot or combo video he ever made was:

-pointless
-not actually containing any combos whats-so-ever
-used to hype and whore out his screenpack. its not a gift from god, pal...

definately Hater's side, here...

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#12  February 12, 2006, 09:08:15 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Why is it in history that people are usually only remembered by the bad things they do?

Now's not the time to be breaking trends though.
#13  February 12, 2006, 09:14:03 pm
    • zsalad.dapshow.com
I like his Big Portraits, even though the transparent color he sets is always in the wrong slot =P
#14  February 12, 2006, 09:29:30 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
In before locked.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller

B²92

#15  February 12, 2006, 09:33:49 pm
Why is it in history that people are usually only remembered by the bad things they do?

Because there are some guys [...] who never produced anything we can define as good.
||
V

OK, OK. --;
#16  February 12, 2006, 10:05:07 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
... hey.
--R. Scott Bakker
#17  February 12, 2006, 10:16:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Bit by bit? I would like to hear his version of it... I could understand it being a old version he modified ( he told about having modified a plugin ) but bit by bit equal to the previous work is rather strange.
#18  February 12, 2006, 10:24:36 pm
    • Germany
information brought to you by winane (c)
#19  February 12, 2006, 10:35:30 pm
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
I would like to hear his version of it...

His version of the story will probably go something like :

"This forum is full of haters. I respected you people. I loved you people. I gave you people one of the greatest screenpacks and one of the best plug-ins ever, and this is how you repay me?"
#20  February 12, 2006, 10:42:28 pm
    • Germany
why "will probably"? that's more or less exactly what his sig and custom title said, isn't it? ;)
#21  February 12, 2006, 10:49:34 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#22  February 12, 2006, 10:51:27 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Oh wow, another thief, and from Mugen Infantry nonetheless.

Don't you know? as soon as Gangstas touch something it becomes © to them.

Post count +???

psicoso

+1
#23  February 12, 2006, 10:55:59 pm
Fuck DJ VAN.

ironmugen

#24  February 12, 2006, 10:57:04 pm
#25  February 12, 2006, 10:57:33 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
He was online already (and did read this topic). See Last Active time. Might have been too busy for a reply right away.
--R. Scott Bakker

psicoso

#26  February 12, 2006, 10:58:58 pm
random thought - Why am I getting emails from the MI forum...?

ironmugen

#27  February 12, 2006, 10:59:26 pm
It is Inevitable
#28  February 12, 2006, 11:01:09 pm
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
Hmph, lots of false claims of the mp3 plugin coming from DJ-VAN.  Hater side.
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

#29  February 12, 2006, 11:12:29 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Awesome, my post was Nº 21.
ZAWARUUDO.

B²92

#30  February 12, 2006, 11:23:11 pm

psicoso

#31  February 12, 2006, 11:30:02 pm
SHHHHHHHHHH! :ninja:
#32  February 12, 2006, 11:47:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
his signature says pretty much nothing else than come to mugen infantry Oo;;
#33  February 13, 2006, 12:10:41 am
    • Germany
that's because... he changed it :omgoi:
#34  February 13, 2006, 01:17:33 am
  • Solid V
    • www.mugen-infantry.net/
I changed my sig last night well before this topic started.

I did read this topic Sepp- but didn’t have time to type up a response (shoveling snow right now) that will be carefully picked apart so that it serves your purpose. NY finally got some snow :D

Anyway I like how I’m a thief and I told you where the dll originally came from as quoted by Sepp in the first post 
I’ve modified a version of the plugin I originally suggested people should use in my “Converting to WinMugen” topic which does not skip
.  If the guide that I made with Matmut wasn’t removed to prove a point, then maybe other people would have seen it that.  I also like how after you sent me a pm asking whether or not I wanted you to start one of these one sided topics (similar to slayer gatsu’s where everyone gets together to bash one guy with one particular view and because of this, no one will post anything in opposition to it, so it looks like a one sided argument)- and I basically said no, and you started one anyway Sepp.  Not just Slayer Gatsu but many other topics like this one in which a particular group of people get together to bash a certain creation and discount it as constructive feedback (O Ilu, TDS, etc*).  I’m going to restate what I said before: I’m not going to try and validate my creation to certain members of staff or other people who bare some kind of grudge.  If you’d like to continue this topic with another 100 posts then that would be fine by me.  I find it funny how far from the old guild this one is. So much so that you start topics like this to twist the rules so that if fits your agenda.  If this was a valid argument then you might as well ban me for having used Linkin Park’s Session or The Crystal Method’s Name of the Game songs in the screen pack without “properly” crediting them. You made this forum so that average users can’t even request things- and got rid of all the things that made guild popular in the first place- (character of the week/month/year, the database, etc.).  You make it as though this place is for elitists and that those who don’t fit the mold have to be excommunicated.  You forget that the majority of the people that were/ are at the guild are people that just play the game.  One of the reasons I joined here more than 3 years ago (was on the ez boards before as well) was because this place use to be much different than Mugen Dev.  But since Mugen Dev was disbanded Mugen Guild has gradually become more and more like the Dev.  I don’t think Nunor or Elecbyte would have envisioned this at all.  A topic about whether someone should be banned for a “stolen” plugin, which plays mp3s, for a screenpack, for an engine, that allows you to make your own game.  So whatever punishment you deem necessary in the mod boards about whether I should be muted or banned based on rules that you make up as you go along is okay with me since it doesn’t matter what I say.  Now excuse me, I’m going to go do what you guys apparently don’t do- and actually play mugen…

Mugen-Infantry - 133G10N
#35  February 13, 2006, 01:21:07 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#36  February 13, 2006, 01:23:39 am
In your off time between playing Mugen and whoring your awful screenpack, could you try not to claim anymore unaltered winamp plug-ins as your own? thx
#37  February 13, 2006, 01:23:55 am
He basically said to ignore it and focus on playing mugen and his awesome screenpack.

Edit:  Damn you Sho for posting first!
#38  February 13, 2006, 01:24:36 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
#39  February 13, 2006, 01:25:48 am
in_BASS.dll is the way to go.
#40  February 13, 2006, 01:41:45 am
    • Germany
Wait, so you don't want to justify yourself?

This topic wasn't made to bash you (well, maybe a bit), but to give you the chance to tell us how we got it all wrong.

Right now there's no reason for us to not treat you like you took someone's work and released it as your own :sadgoi:

notice how the linebreaks noticeably improve the readability of this post? good. I'm not going to read through another post of yours without any of those.
#41  February 13, 2006, 02:18:15 am
This topic doesn't have a hundred replies yet. I bet once we get it up to eighty, he'll start using proper paragraph structure. 

#42  February 13, 2006, 02:23:17 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Not just Slayer Gatsu but many other topics like this one in which a particular group of people get together to bash a certain creation and discount it as constructive feedback (O Ilu, TDS, etc*)
I had one of these about me? SWEET!
Unless you can tell us what exactly you edited however I must agree with these haters.

It isn't like me to doubt something Winane says.
#43  February 13, 2006, 02:43:26 am
    • China
You made this forum so that average users can’t even request things- and got rid of all the things that made guild popular in the first place- (character of the week/month/year, the database, etc.).  You make it as though this place is for elitists and that those who don’t fit the mold have to be excommunicated.  

Woah there, we aren't talking about wheter you like the forum's rules or not are we?  ::)
Stop being an 8 year old and swallowing your damn pride.
Now did you steal that plugin or not?
#44  February 13, 2006, 03:01:12 am
    • Peru

Nuff said.
I think this is one of these situations called "legal voids" where there is no law that regulates some kind of behavior.

My thoughts about this:
Isn't all that bad, but If he doesn't accept he didn't touch any line of code, maximun penalty should be applied.
#45  February 13, 2006, 03:09:24 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Thanks Renzo, i should take the haters side, not because they all are against DJ-VAN, but because of the proof above.
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#46  February 13, 2006, 03:17:41 am
If you don't have access to the program Renzo is using try this:

import java.io.*;

public class bitcomparator
{
   public static void main(String args[])throws IOException
   {
      System.out.println("Opening "+args[0]+" for reading.");
      FileInputStream file1 = new FileInputStream(args[0]);
      System.out.println("Opening "+args[1]+" for reading.");
      FileInputStream file2 = new FileInputStream(args[1]);
      int one = file1.available();
      int two = file2.available();
      if(one!=two)
      {
         System.out.println("The two files are not equal length.");
         System.exit(0);
      }
      for(int n=0;n<one;n++)
         if(file1.read()!=file2.read())
         {
            System.out.println("The two files do not match.");
            System.exit(0);
         }
      System.out.println("Match!");   
      System.exit(0);
   }
}

I had doubts, I just HAD to test it.
#47  February 13, 2006, 04:14:08 am
Wouldn't renaming the file be modifying it and in his opinion make the plugin better by putting his name on it  :P

Mugen-Infantry
#48  February 13, 2006, 04:15:03 am
  • Solid V
The CRC check will indicate that it’s the same dll obviously. And I’ve already said- even in the release- and in the read me here for the mp3 plugin: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=34328.msg321622#msg321622

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=36140.msg217771#msg217771

“Get the best mp3 plugin.  
This was not supplied in the WinMugen most of you downloaded, however, it came with the private beta version of WinMugen, given only to those who donated. This version was specially configured for WinMugen by Elecbyte and can be found here.”
-Was in the Guide

“I’ve modified a version of the plugin I originally suggested people should use in my “Converting to WinMugen” topic which does not skip.”
-Was in the best plugin topic

In the readme it also stated that is was a slightly modified version.  So if I already said that it was modified and told you what the original version of the dll then what am I denying? The reason why the CRC checks out the same is because all I did was configure some settings like the buffering and the chip type which can be done through the configuration panel in Winamp.  I renamed it to DJ-VAN.dll and made the best plugin type to see if it made a difference. I personally noticed a difference by changing the buffer values- one of the reasons for mp3’s skipping in mugen, but I wanted to make sure this was not just happening for me.  I also changed the name because I didn’t want to overwrite the original dll just so I’d have a backup of the dll with all the original settings.

I told all this to Black Jack one morning on aim, but he said I stole it. So I said that was petty and ended the conversation.

I personally never thought anything of it- and if it was that big of a deal then something should have been said when I made the original best mp3 plugin topic.  But because nothing was said and I included the modified version in the EVE Battle release all of a sudden it’s a big deal when the topic got 100 replies.  Which was my reason for the 100+ comment. If this was about copyrights then please don’t support copyrighted songs with creations.

Mugen-Infantry - 133G10N
#49  February 13, 2006, 04:24:14 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
DJ-Van made the Mugen engine and the best Winmugen mp3 dll period.  95% of the posters in this topic are just a bunch of player haters.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#50  February 13, 2006, 04:26:42 am
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
@DJ-VAN:  So you believed that the settings were stored in the DLL itself, rather than in an INI file?  ???
Even though you appear to know something about what CRCs are?  ???

@Messatsu:  Damnit, don't force me to use "@" signs in my post by replying too quickly!  >:(

Edit:  Whoops, little correction.  Some plug-ins use "plugin.ini", some use "[plug-in's name].ini", and some (including Nullsoft's in_mp3.dll) use "[calling program's name].ini".  Briefly forgot about that detail, sorry.
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
#51  February 13, 2006, 04:28:24 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
@DJ-VAN: I think the main problem was you renaming it to your name and saying it was your own.

From now on if you know how to "tweak" something to make it work better just post what to tweak. You wouldn't upload Evil Ryu modified to be named Violent Ryu and upload the file as DJ-Van.rar would you?

In short be VERY careful on what you place your name on and make sure to credit abundantly. And if you can just post a tutorial on how to adjust certain settings then do so.
#52  February 13, 2006, 05:08:04 am
  • Son of a Mother*ucker
  • Mode Change... Mode 2!
    • Mexico
    • www.freewebs.com/fightingspiritsmexico/
@DJ-VAN: I think the main problem was you renaming it to your name and saying it was your own.

From now on if you know how to "tweak" something to make it work better just post what to tweak. You wouldn't upload Evil Ryu modified to be named Violent Ryu and upload the file as DJ-Van.rar would you?

In short be VERY careful on what you place your name on and make sure to credit abundantly. And if you can just post a tutorial on how to adjust certain settings then do so.

OS Is Right DJ-VAN, Your Screen pack is good, but not try to claim credits than don't belong to you... I say it from my experience...

Moo
Poncho

Clic on the Sign, then on The flags (U.S. 4 English talkers & MX 4 Spanish Talkers), then go to "Descargas/Downloads" And You're in the Downloads Section
#53  February 13, 2006, 05:48:51 am
  • Lost all his MUGEN stuff in hard disk crash. :(
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Are you going to wait for THIS to happen to you?

:hanged:

You're dodging the issue.
Orochi Herman: MUGEN Creator, Producer Video Editor and Web Programmer

And possibly more other shady things lol

https://www.facebook.com/OrochiHerman/

MachinaWeapon

#54  February 13, 2006, 05:59:00 am
You made this forum so that average users can’t even request things- and got rid of all the things that made guild popular in the first place- (character of the week/month/year, the database, etc.).  You make it as though this place is for elitists and that those who don’t fit the mold have to be excommunicated.  

Woah there, we aren't talking about wheter you like the forum's rules or not are we?  ::)
Stop being an 8 year old and swallowing your damn pride.
Now did you steal that plugin or not?

I just noticed that was a rather terrible misuse of excommunicate.

Success Breeds Hatred
Ah. Sounds like something a mainstream rapper would say...
#55  February 13, 2006, 06:14:33 am
    • Peru
DJ Van said:
The CRC check will indicate that it’s the same dll obviously.
Don't misunderstand me for what I'm going to say, Sir.
With that statement you demonstrate you don't know jack about programming. What I posted was the result of a byte-by-byte comparison utility, not a CRC checker or whatever.

BTW, I see no sense in keep posting here.
#56  February 13, 2006, 07:28:44 am
  • Solid V
DJ Van said:
The CRC check will indicate that it’s the same dll obviously.
Don't misunderstand me for what I'm going to say, Sir.
With that statement you demonstrate you don't know jack about programming. What I posted was the result of a byte-by-byte comparison utility, not a CRC checker or whatever.

BTW, I see no sense in keep posting here.

I haven't seen a reason to post here since the topic started besides from keeping it from being one sided. If I wasn't clear by saying it was modified and telling you where it was from then I'm sorry Black Jack ???

BTW I'm not into programming I glanced at the app and figured it was a crc checker Renzo.

Mugen-Infantry - 133G10N
#57  February 13, 2006, 07:42:18 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Reply Nº 57.
#58  February 13, 2006, 07:48:24 am
Ground breaking thread in the making, people.
#59  February 13, 2006, 07:52:02 am
Do geriatrics count as women?
#60  February 13, 2006, 08:02:07 am
I wonder if a response from DJ-VAN to reply #50 might help get this over with a bit more quickly and efficiently. :muh: :rolleyes5:

Asstech Solder:
Why are you taking their (our?) seriousness so seriously?  :mngry:
  Nevermind, topic split.

Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
#61  February 13, 2006, 08:12:03 am
I bet you're all excited about it.
Probably the most exciting thing that has ever happened in your life.
LMAO 

Pitiful.

Sho?

Read below...

FUCK YOU GO TO SLEEP NIGGA

The most exciting thing that ever happened in my life was the time I went on a rollercoaster at Six Flags and got my picture taken by a camera on one of the loops. My face was all crazy looking and some chick had a nipple slip in the seat behind me and my eyes were all like rolling back in my head almost like I was trying to sneak a peek through the transparent plastic skull plate I got after an injury in WWII. That was also the first time I got an erection. Summer 2005 will live in my heart forever.

p.s. I don't sleep much on account of the plastic plate. I don't want people trying to watch my dreams and make movies out of them, because a good deal involve Adam Sandler as a lovable yet angry protagonist. I caught Hollywood in my house about ten years ago with a tape recorder, taping me as I slept. Hollywood is sneaky like a ninja.
#62  February 13, 2006, 08:14:31 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Why did Aztec bring me into this when I've stayed out of this this whole time? I haven't said anything to DJ-Van. ???
#63  February 13, 2006, 08:15:37 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Maybe for the whole Gangsta thing at the random topic, or maybe because he is drunk, who knows.
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#64  February 13, 2006, 08:16:13 am
  • Solid V
The ladder plus a bet I made with him :sugoi:

Mugen-Infantry - 133G10N
Re: Yeah, sneaky and hot.
#65  February 13, 2006, 08:18:37 am
Still quite busy.

Re: Yeah, sneaky and hot.
#66  February 13, 2006, 08:20:34 am
  • 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100
你們為什麼要跟我做对?  是不是想找死啊?  好!  我会成全你們的!!
#67  February 13, 2006, 08:26:12 am
Exactly what I was thinking of.  :)

Hm, I wonder if that DJ-VAN fellow has considered responding to reply #50.  :thinking:
Still quite busy.

#68  February 13, 2006, 08:30:38 am
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Yeah, he's got, what, 33 posts left.

#69  February 13, 2006, 08:50:47 am
  • Solid V
Well come to think of it the issue is that EVE Battle includes a copyrighted file (right?)- modified or not.  Because the in_mad.dll is free to use its included with winmugen.  But to include any other dll with a copyright would be illegal.  Whether the dll has the original name or not, has no bearing on the copyright itself- unless for some reason I get permission to host that dll.  So if I’m to be banned for this (copyright infringement) please make it clear that Mugen Guild does not tolerate the hosting of any copyrighted material- including music.

Mugen-Infantry - 133G10N
#70  February 13, 2006, 09:06:14 am
I wonder why DJ-VAN is avoiding my questions.  ???
Still quite busy.

#71  February 13, 2006, 09:22:35 am
I found it funny when I noticed DJ Van not only uploaded E.S. Posthumus' "Pompeii" and put it in a guild post, but it must be heavily modified of course-- he DID go through the trouble of changing the artist tag to "DJ-VAN" and renaming the file "DJ Van - Pompeii.mp3".

Uploading something != Creating something.
#72  February 13, 2006, 09:27:16 am
  • CHIKARA TO EIKOU!!!
    • Philippines
    • Skype - o_hermanm
    • www.rotbrc.com
Well come to think of it the issue is that EVE Battle includes a copyrighted file (right?)- modified or not.  Because the in_mad.dll is free to use its included with winmugen.  But to include any other dll with a copyright would be illegal.  Whether the dll has the original name or not, has no bearing on the copyright itself- unless for some reason I get permission to host that dll.  So if I’m to be banned for this (copyright infringement) please make it clear that Mugen Guild does not tolerate the hosting of any copyrighted material- including music.

-_-

The issue here: YOU RENAMED A DLL AND CLAIMED IT AS YOUR OWN. PLAGIARISM.
NOT
COPYRIGHTS.

Please stop swaying the topic. I can see through your dodging, and they're not the smartest maneuvers in the world.

#73  February 13, 2006, 09:32:23 am
  • Solid V
Well to answer it. Yes prior to the time you posted that. And after doing some research you are right, there is no actual configuration data stored in the dll itself, but rather the ini file like you said. Though that doesn’t change the whole copyright issue for the in_mp3.dll.  No one is authorized to host it unless specified by the author. I got the idea after receiving an im from some random person from the guild about a sound issue- that they claimed they fixed by configuring the dll. I was skeptical because the file size and modification date of the dll didn’t change after doing what he said. So I renamed the dll and just released it like that- thinking nothing of it.  Though even if that person (won’t name names) wouldn’t have sent me that im- I would have included that version of the in_mp3.dll and it would have violated the copyright set by Nullsoft anyway.  

Edit:

Well I take full responsibility for my actions.  I just looked up my archived trillian logs and found where this whole thing came about:

So just to recap:

I thought I modified it, I didn’t. I did say that the dll was in fact the in_mp3 dll way before this whole thing started in the best mp3 plugin topic. I did say it was slightly modified in the read me. If I was trying to steal it I would have said: check out this awesome dll I made- not I modified the dll please verify that songs don’t skip when using it or post if you have a better dll. My whole intention was to include the best mp3 plugin with the release of EVE Battle.  I changed the name because I thought what I did was modifying it despite how skeptical I was of shinra’s claim.  I also didn’t want to overwrite the original.  And in closing who the fuck cares???  You really think I give a shit about what the name of the mp3 plugin is/ was if my name was already in the screenpack itself? It was something I just did on the fly that day I was talking to shinra, because I couldn’t think of another name.  Not because I need something else with my name on it. Though I do like to name the mp3 tracks I use starting with DJ-VAN. Why not start a topic about that? 

This whole thing about prove yourself or we'll ban you is bullshit.  Its not the fucking end of the world if I'm banned from this place for some stupid shit like this.  That would mean what? That I won't be able to post here anymore?  I probably won't post here regardless after all this shit.  Like I've said this place has become a replacement for Mugen Dev- the main reason I post here is only because of the following its gained from being here the longest since the days of Nunor. I owe Nunor since he always was trying to provide the best possible environment for people new to mugen.  But like I’ve said already you’ve changed all that. Because of that you feel that you can set the rules for the community and stupid shit like this happens.

Mugen-Infantry - 133G10N

ironmugen

#74  February 13, 2006, 11:56:10 am
I don't want to sound bad... But I think GohanSSM2 is back...
#75  February 13, 2006, 12:20:40 pm
Yo, gangsta... It's the fact that anything you post is a giant ad for whatever you do.
You can't change the fact that you claimed as yours something that wasn't. You just recognized that you indeed made a mistake and though you had actually changed it, while the only difference was that you gave your name to the plugin. How do you think we'll take something like that ?

That in itself could be understandable. what's not is your general attitude.
Several times you posted some videos, suposedly to show some... combos or whatever, and everytime it turned out to be just a promotion of your screenpack or current stage. And don't you dare deny that.

Success breeds hatred ? My ass. You don't know what success is. Do we hate NeoGouki/JJWE ? Have you seen anyone here who hates Warusaki3 ? You don't have any success. Failure breeds hatred, success doesn't. And yes, that can be a problem to have a whole community bash one single person.
But that's your own fault, and you can't expect to reject it on everybody else and get out of it. Just face your mistakes.

You just try to act like a martyr, when you don't have any reason to do so. What have you achieved apart from acting like a total tool ?
You're only trying to grab as much attention as you can, then when random guys tell to your face that you actually suck, you act like "this place is shit and isn't worthy of me". That's the attitude of a loser, in case you haven't noticed.

The situation wouldn't be half as bad if you weren't acting like you shit gold. You're the only responsible for this situation, and you don't have any right to complain. The time you took to actually admit you could have possibly made a mistake is enough to make us want to kick you out.
Nobody would have gotten that angry at you if you at least knew the meaning of the word "humility". Everybody here make mistakes and everybody understand that this could have been one.
Except right now, nobody can actually be sure if we can trust you when you say it was a honest mistake. Whether it really was or not isn't even the question anymore. Maybe it was, maybe you're just trying to lie your way out.

But nobody cares anymore because we're fed up with all you did up to now. You're the only responsible and if you could at least show that you know shame, it would be much easier for us to accept it. Have you ever apologized for any mistake of yours ? I'm not sure.

B²92

#76  February 13, 2006, 12:34:15 pm
Guild has become less nice to us, it must be a MDev conspiracy !

Already reached reply #76.
Come on guys, we're going to validate the thread.

Do geriatrics count as women?

Depends of the amount of ketchup found there.
#77  February 13, 2006, 01:19:21 pm
posting while half asleep see you in three hours peeps

p.s. love sho

#78  February 13, 2006, 02:40:11 pm
#79  February 13, 2006, 03:05:27 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Well, Byakko has pretty much said everything.

Wouldn't have been a great deal to just admit immediately you made a mistake, and to just remove the DLL file. But no, you had to act like a martyr. You're responsible for this hatred against you.
I do like your stages. I do like your screenpacks... but I just don't like your behavior on this whole topic and stuff.

Bye.

MachinaWeapon

#80  February 13, 2006, 03:11:01 pm
So, uh, have you guys heard about the possible AIDS cure?

B²92

#81  February 13, 2006, 04:01:44 pm
Hey guys, Aztec's ban isn't valid yet.
Same goes for Sinasta.

Unban them until we reach 100+ posts.

psicoso

#82  February 13, 2006, 04:40:07 pm
#83  February 13, 2006, 04:41:30 pm
Nigga stole your T-Virus!
#84  February 13, 2006, 04:53:03 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#85  February 13, 2006, 05:12:31 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Hey guys, Aztec's ban isn't valid yet.
Same goes for Sinasta.

Unban them until we reach 100+ posts.

Sinasta isn't banned. Just muted for a year.

And I can't unban Aztec.

...He called me "Caddicle". >:(

psicoso

#86  February 13, 2006, 05:24:06 pm
oshit

Kung Fu - banned!
#87  February 13, 2006, 05:35:04 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I'm gonna actually talk about the issue in this topic for a change. I was going to post it as an edit to that post up there ^, but since others posted, new reply time!

I think DJ-Van made an honest mistake, and even though there was a certain egotistical quality about his protesting, I think it was a big mistake to dump a screenpack topic over the inclusion of a plug-in, which had nothing to do with the actual content of the screenpack. Keep in mind I haven't downloaded the screenpack. But it was a mistake to dump the topic without 1. giving a chance for DJ-Van to explain himself, and 2. giving him a chance to remove the plug-in from the screenpack IF he would have agreed to it.

I believe this whole thing is a BIG misunderstanding and shouldn't have been reacted to in this way. There are so many other ways to have resolved this, and though this way might be more "fun", it just shouldn't have come to this. In this topic he admits it was a mistake, and I don't believe that he intended to steal something and claim it as his own. Though his wording was confusing and might lead someone to believe that at SOME TIMES, others he made it completely clear that it was a plug-in he had MODIFIED and that the name dj-van.dll was a name of convenience. Sure this lead some of the people who know it to call it "Dj-van's plugin", and he could have named it something better.

In this topic he admitted that after research that he realized that the modifications only effected his computer. I believe that he should be given a chance to redeam himself seeing as how it wasn't intentional in the first place. All it would take would be removing the plug-in everywhere that it's hosted individually, and renaming the one in your screenpack to it's original name and reuploading the screenpack. Wouldn't that make everyone happy?

This is just what I believe.

Edit: Statement retracted after Valodim's link down there. VVV
80's rocked.
#88  February 13, 2006, 05:37:12 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
It's the final countdown!

[size=50pt]10[/size]

psicoso

#89  February 13, 2006, 05:41:05 pm
[size=50pt]9[/size]
#90  February 13, 2006, 05:43:12 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Oh great. Well goodbye post that I should have made a few pages ago because all that matters now is a childish countdown. :(
#91  February 13, 2006, 05:55:15 pm
[size=50pt]6[/size]
#92  February 13, 2006, 05:56:51 pm
    • Germany
Though his wording was confusing and might lead someone to believe that at SOME TIMES, others he made it completely clear that it was a plug-in he had MODIFIED and that the name dj-van.dll was a name of convenience. Sure this lead some of the people who know it to call it "Dj-van's plugin", and he could have named it something better.

well the link is "DJ-VAN's mp3 plugin" in big font in his post...
#93  February 13, 2006, 06:01:27 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Oh, I didn't know that part.

Well...carry on with the countdown. I tried to give a different light on the situation. :P
#94  February 13, 2006, 06:03:08 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
[size=50pt]北斗残悔拳!

3[/size]
#95  February 13, 2006, 06:04:41 pm
    • Germany
#96  February 13, 2006, 06:05:05 pm
@Caddie : Jack said (in the staff section) he had had several discussions with him, and only now Van agreed that he might have done a mistake.
Really, even if there was no mistake, he changes a setting and bam new plugin made by DJ-Van. We don't tolerate someone taking Reu's Evil Ken, adding the Misogi and bam new character made by whatever idiot, do we ? That's the exact same.
Even if he had done something that actually modified how the plugin worked (not only for him I mean)  he still didn't exactly have any right to claim it as "DJ-Van's plugin".

Plus what he originally said about it being in Elecbyte's original package while it really was a plugin that you can find on Winamp's official page, etc.

[size=50pt]1 !![/size]
fixed
I WIN THE INTERNETS!!!
#97  February 13, 2006, 06:05:37 pm
    • China
[size=50pt]0[/size]

:sugoi:
#98  February 13, 2006, 06:06:53 pm
VANS TITILN EAT A DICK WINS THE ROYAL RUMBLE BY LAST ELIMINATING CADICLE
BY GAWD
Corrections are welcome.
#99  February 13, 2006, 06:07:09 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
[size=50pt]0!
おまえ が もう  死んでいる[/size]

#100  February 13, 2006, 06:07:30 pm
Damn you guys, I can't follow when 5 peoples post at the same time >:(
#101  February 13, 2006, 06:07:58 pm
Locked for posterity.
#102  February 13, 2006, 06:08:31 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
About the "DJ-VAN'" Topic
#103  February 13, 2006, 08:31:20 pm
  • Son of a Mother*ucker
  • Mode Change... Mode 2!
    • Mexico
    • www.freewebs.com/fightingspiritsmexico/
In this topic he admitted that after research that he realized that the modifications only effected his computer. I believe that he should be given a chance to redeam himself seeing as how it wasn't intentional in the first place. All it would take would be removing the plug-in everywhere that it's hosted individually, and renaming the one in your screenpack to it's original name and reuploading the screenpack. Wouldn't that make everyone happy?

This is just what I believe.

Deku Nut
back to root...
Administrator

Once an agent...

Email Personal Message (Online)    
« Reply #94 on: Today at 11:56:51 am »    
Quote from: Caddie on Today at 11:35:04 am
Though his wording was confusing and might lead someone to believe that at SOME TIMES, others he made it completely clear that it was a plug-in he had MODIFIED and that the name dj-van.dll was a name of convenience. Sure this lead some of the people who know it to call it "Dj-van's plugin", and he could have named it something better.

well the link is "DJ-VAN's mp3 plugin" in big font in his post...

But It also can MEAN than IT is The Plugiin he uses...
At least it was as I Understood...

And as for others... Yes I also Didn't liked his Martyr's Acting... He just should had admitted he made a Mistake... and do what Caddice Says (If I got it Wrong Gomen...)

Moo
Poncho

Clic on the Sign, then on The flags (U.S. 4 English talkers & MX 4 Spanish Talkers), then go to "Descargas/Downloads" And You're in the Downloads Section
Re: About the "DJ-VAN'" Topic
#104  February 13, 2006, 08:41:29 pm
uh what
#105  February 13, 2006, 08:49:03 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Caddice(pronounced "Ca dee chee") sounds so italian. I like it.

I wanted to give them(the higher ups) a different take on that matter to consider, but I didn't get my facts straight ahead of time. Whoops.

I do still think that this can be resolved without war, but I was wrong about the other part. "DJ-Van's MP3 Plug-in" is a little more than misleading.

I also think this topic should be unlocked. :-X
#106  February 13, 2006, 09:53:55 pm
I'm still wondering if he's going to answer Winane. Seems awfully rude not to.

B²92

#107  February 13, 2006, 11:17:02 pm
He keeps pressing AB. Fortunately, Winane is a grappler.
Validation complete.

MachinaWeapon

#108  February 14, 2006, 01:25:48 am
#109  February 14, 2006, 02:40:57 am
  • SNK is life
* [walt] chooses NW Geesu Howarudo.
#110  February 14, 2006, 02:44:30 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#111  February 14, 2006, 02:47:50 am
    • China
I WON FAIR AND SQUARE CHEATERS  >:(
#112  February 14, 2006, 02:50:29 am
HOLY CRAP!  It wasn't even me this time!

MachinaWeapon

#113  February 14, 2006, 05:08:37 am
#114  February 14, 2006, 05:09:34 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
My whole intention was to include the best mp3 plugin with the release of EVE Battle.  I changed the name because I thought what I did was modifying it despite how skeptical I was of shinra’s claim.  I also didn’t want to overwrite the original.  And in closing who the fuck cares???  You really think I give a shit about what the name of the mp3 plugin is/ was if my name was already in the screenpack itself? It was something I just did on the fly that day I was talking to shinra, because I couldn’t think of another name.  Not because I need something else with my name on it. Though I do like to name the mp3 tracks I use starting with DJ-VAN. Why not start a topic about that? 
What about the part where you oh so innocently dumped Elecbyte's font to conveniently replace it with your own... uh "copyright"? [size=1pt](Not like I expect that to be answered either).[/size]

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#115  February 14, 2006, 05:17:55 am
  • Japan's finest!!
    • www.hello-millie.com/
My whole intention was to include the best mp3 plugin with the release of EVE Battle.  I changed the name because I thought what I did was modifying it despite how skeptical I was of shinra’s claim.  I also didn’t want to overwrite the original.  And in closing who the fuck cares???  You really think I give a shit about what the name of the mp3 plugin is/ was if my name was already in the screenpack itself? It was something I just did on the fly that day I was talking to shinra, because I couldn’t think of another name.  Not because I need something else with my name on it. Though I do like to name the mp3 tracks I use starting with DJ-VAN. Why not start a topic about that?
What about the part where you oh so innocently dumped Elecbyte's font to conveniently replace it with your own... uh "copyright"? [size=1pt](Not like I expect that to be answered either).[/size]

OH BURN

MachinaWeapon

#116  February 14, 2006, 05:56:10 am
My whole intention was to include the best mp3 plugin with the release of EVE Battle.  I changed the name because I thought what I did was modifying it despite how skeptical I was of shinra’s claim.  I also didn’t want to overwrite the original.  And in closing who the fuck cares???  You really think I give a shit about what the name of the mp3 plugin is/ was if my name was already in the screenpack itself? It was something I just did on the fly that day I was talking to shinra, because I couldn’t think of another name.  Not because I need something else with my name on it. Though I do like to name the mp3 tracks I use starting with DJ-VAN. Why not start a topic about that?

OH BURN
Phoebe? I would have thought your next choice would have naturally been Monica.
#117  February 14, 2006, 07:14:31 am
  • Whatever
    • n.domaindlx.com/platinumgp
For the love of god, all of this is so unnecessary... just let the bastard rot in his own feces... geesh, you people hate on EVERY DAMN THING, good or bad. >:(

Random Creator: Ono! Someone stole my sprite rips? Don't I get a say in this?
Random Leecher: Hell no, your property is our property. We own youz, bitches!
Random Creator: But you're not even going to use them the way they're supposed to be used!
Random Leecher: ... Yeah, and?
#118  February 14, 2006, 07:42:22 am
    • Germany
why is this still open? sepp you don't expect any more useful replies, do you? &gt;_&gt;
sage
#119  February 14, 2006, 07:46:45 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
For the love of god, all of this is so unnecessary... just let the bastard rot in his own feces... geesh, you people hate on EVERY DAMN THING, good or bad. >:(
You must be new to /v/ my young man.
#120  February 14, 2006, 07:49:09 am
  • Whatever
    • n.domaindlx.com/platinumgp
@Valodim: Oh, and suppose the other 100+ posts are what you consider useful? No new ground has been broken; VAN is still guilty. The majority is really either hate posts or spam. --;

@Anonymous: EDIT: I prefer not to think about it... :(

Random Creator: Ono! Someone stole my sprite rips? Don't I get a say in this?
Random Leecher: Hell no, your property is our property. We own youz, bitches!
Random Creator: But you're not even going to use them the way they're supposed to be used!
Random Leecher: ... Yeah, and?
#121  February 14, 2006, 08:05:30 am
  • SNK is life
pplz here need to get laid ;(

ironmugen

#122  February 14, 2006, 12:05:54 pm
Geese NW? Give me give me :sugoi:

MachinaWeapon

#123  February 14, 2006, 12:40:08 pm

B²92

#124  February 14, 2006, 12:49:47 pm
:S :S :S :S :S
:S :S :S :S
:S :S :S
:S :S
:S

The magic corner of hesitation.
#125  February 14, 2006, 01:00:26 pm
[left]:S :S :S :S :S[/left]

[left]:S :S :S :S[/left]

[left]:S :S :S[/left]

[left]:S :S[/left]

[left]:S[/left]
Wow, this is really useless.
:S

[left]:S :S[/left]

[left]:S :S :S[/left]

[left]:S :S :S :S[/left]

[left]:S :S :S :S :S[/left]

MachinaWeapon

#126  February 14, 2006, 01:15:57 pm
Not really.....You got me hot.  :-*
#127  February 14, 2006, 02:33:25 pm
    • Germany
@Valodim: Oh, and suppose the other 100+ posts are what you consider useful? No new ground has been broken; VAN is still guilty. The majority is really either hate posts or spam. --;

there are 4 or 5 useful posts, yeah. :P
#128  February 14, 2006, 03:18:28 pm
Lookie, dear.
Sepp started that bet about the 100+ replies because DJ-Van said that his topic about his screenpack had more than a 100 replies in it.
But.
We all know what leechers are, and those 100+ replies the screenpack topic got were, well, useless. On that point, both topic are, at worse, on par.
therefor, I hereby ask you to shut up and not talk about something you don't get.

I already said in an earlier post of mine in this topic that no, I didn't think that a "Guild vs 1 guy" bashing topic was really better than a topic filled with leecher crap. ... well, yes, in fact it's still better, but, yeah
But still, you reap what you saw. Deal. Live with it.
#129  February 14, 2006, 03:38:07 pm
    • Germany
what's with the aggressiveness? &gt;_&gt;
#130  February 14, 2006, 03:49:04 pm
Things already explained still generate conversations which yet don't bring anything new, stuffs like that.
#131  February 14, 2006, 05:08:59 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
A few people expressed their wish for this topic to be reopened again yesterday, so I reopened it.

Closing now. :)
--R. Scott Bakker