YesNoOk

Decisions v2 (Read 411352 times)

Started by Valodim, February 07, 2010, 09:42:32 pm
Re: Decisions v2
#841  February 28, 2014, 06:59:36 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
On the topic of decisions regarding inactive projects and child boards, how are we to handle Stage of the Month?? I was thinking we make another board right below Character of the Month. Seems obvious and fitting to me.

I'm also going to start setting things up within the next couple of days and wanted to know if there's anything else I needed to do on my end. I want to get this going by Wednesday 5th/early Thursday the 6th.

And my schedule has been a little crazy outside of work, hence me posting a lot when I'm at work and nill when I had my past three days off. So apologies for minimal posting this week. :(
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#842  February 28, 2014, 07:05:05 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
neocide
- if he actually inactive or not? a long hiatus doesnt tell me how long it is. meant to be

Zero-Sennin says that the first release of Kakuge Yarou is done
- we should move him to Finished projects then! =D

[E] says he already spoke to you about Variable Geo Medley recently? 
yes, E didnt give me an actual time frame tho. im guessing it stands like neocide project?

zvitor told me that he currently doesn't have any plans to go back to Justice League vs Street Fighter any time soon,
I will move him to inactive and move it back to active when needed

Liquid Jake said he's still actively working on Hogwarts: the Dueling Club, he just hasn't had much he felt he needed to post about lately.  He says he'll post an update on the project in the next few days.
Then he can stay around.
#843  February 28, 2014, 07:36:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I added the Stage of the Month board.

I'd advise to make the voting for SotM take place the week after CotM so that each can get the proper advertisement in Thread of the Week.
#844  February 28, 2014, 07:39:14 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Awesome. I'll start laying some groundwork later on. Thank you!! :yippi:

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#845  February 28, 2014, 08:05:01 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I'd advise to make the voting for SotM take place the week after CotM so that each can get the proper advertisement in Thread of the Week.

Now that I think about it, and before reading through nominations/voting, what calendar date would you recommend??

#846  February 28, 2014, 10:58:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Simplicity might be better, wouldnt it be simpler to have both star giving boards combined?
#847  February 28, 2014, 11:09:30 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
neocide
- if he actually inactive or not? a long hiatus doesnt tell me how long it is. meant to be
That's all he told me, I'm afraid.  "Not dead.  But long hiatus for now."

[E] says he already spoke to you about Variable Geo Medley recently? 
yes, E didnt give me an actual time frame tho. im guessing it stands like neocide project?
Specifically, what he told me was that he's still doing sprite edits but that the coding for the project is on pause while he talks with someone else about possibly merging projects.

I haven't heard back from mabskmk or Human about their projects yet.
#848  March 01, 2014, 02:56:37 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I don't think there should be a Stage of the Month board. We should just have one board for characters and stages; call it the Contribution of the Month board or something.

Now that I think about it, and before reading through nominations/voting, what calendar date would you recommend??
Whenever CotM finishes, there's no specific date.
#849  March 01, 2014, 03:02:43 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I considered just changing the name and combining them. But for ease of archival usage I decided to make the new board. It'd get all jumbled in the 1 board.
#850  March 01, 2014, 03:08:30 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
How's that an issue?
#851  March 01, 2014, 03:10:08 am
    • USA
Eh, there'd only be a maximum of 4 active threads at a time, I think shunting the Stages off to its own board will just lessen the amount of views it would get if it was all in one board.
#852  March 01, 2014, 03:53:07 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I don't think there should be a Stage of the Month board. We should just have one board for characters and stages; call it the Contribution of the Month board or something.

Whenever CotM finishes, there's no specific date.

10-4.

I also like the idea of having both a stage and character of the month board.

Case in point: having 1.0 and 1.1 released content in separate boards. People prefer the categorization through separate boards. Also true: we ran with the idea of containing screenshots, videos and roster showcases under one sticky. Once again, people like things separate. I, for one, thought it was natural to keep characters and stages their own thing.

#853  March 01, 2014, 05:17:57 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
But we DON'T have separate 1.0 & 1.1 boards, and if we did it would actually be a far smarter decision than having separate award boards.

Why would you need another board for 25 threads a year? It's pointless, nobody reads more than four threads a month (current nominations, current poll, hall of fame, yearly poll).

#854  March 01, 2014, 05:29:45 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
But we DON'T have separate 1.0 & 1.1 boards

I stand corrected. We have an older releases/WinMugen board and a 1.0+ Mugen board. ;D

Leave the CotM and SotM boards as is. Now we just need to decide what star to hand out for Stage of the Month.

#855  March 01, 2014, 03:22:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
what he meant was that we dont have a different release board for stages and characters.

Posted: March 01, 2014, 04:26:21 pm
About the wls stars, do they stay do they go? Theres not much of a point if Vans isnt going to be running his gauntlets and passing them on like he planned to.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1905784

BTW went ahead and replaced cotm.png with the star_big_orange.gif . The orange star was the one used for mugen creators back in the day and it has some story to it as being the one given to the best, seems like it fits there.
#856  March 01, 2014, 06:00:10 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
(I didn't, but that makes perfect sense.)

Get rid of the WLS stars; too old, no longer relevant, etc. Custom title needs to go away too, imo.
#857  March 01, 2014, 06:01:59 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
BTW went ahead and replaced cotm.png with the star_big_orange.gif . The orange star was the one used for mugen creators back in the day and it has some story to it as being the one given to the best, seems like it fits there.

So does that mean the old CotM Star will now go to SotM??

#858  March 01, 2014, 08:57:33 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I fixed up the Membergroups and Staff Members thread to have the new CotM star wherever needed.

EDIT: Jeez, I just realized how similar it looks to the Founder star.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:02:13 pm by Xan
#859  March 01, 2014, 09:10:28 pm
    • USA
Wait wait wait, no! Lith made a bunch of new stars for this stuff!
Spoiler: not relevant anymore (click to see content)
But only Val can upload them, so I guess we'll just use the orange one for now. But we should use these stars!!! @Valodim: please get on this when you can!

the orange star can be used for contests lemme find that post of Vans that had an idea

EDIT: Forget that, Titiln made a trophy that Victorys recolored:

Character of the month

Character of the year

Stage of the month

Stage of the year

upload please :3
Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:25:21 am by Jmorphman
#860  March 01, 2014, 09:11:56 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I'll fix that tagging for you. Get in here, Val.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?