YesNoOk

Birdie Released / Alena & Mai Updated - (CVS2+ Style) (Read 23163 times)

Started by Noctis, August 18, 2016, 05:14:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Birdie Released / Alena & Mai Updated - (CVS2+ Style)
#21  August 20, 2016, 01:15:04 am
Indeed they are. To those of you that toil color separating characters.   Thank you very much
#22  August 21, 2016, 09:21:33 am
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
Sorry for the late feedback, but I only got around to testing recently. I have some feedback pertaining to Birdie for you, if you don't mind:

- Close Standing HP is an infinite, with proper timing
- Crouch LP, Heavy Bull Head is an infinite
- Is there any point to his Air HP having that landing state? It's incredibly unsafe in all cases.
- The AngleDraw on his forward/backward jumping looks a bit awkward, but that's just my opinion.

That's all I have for now. Hope this helps.
do the thing
#23  August 21, 2016, 04:11:05 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Sorry for the late feedback, but I only got around to testing recently. I have some feedback pertaining to Birdie for you, if you don't mind:

- Close Standing HP is an infinite, with proper timing
- Crouch LP, Heavy Bull Head is an infinite
- Is there any point to his Air HP having that landing state? It's incredibly unsafe in all cases.
- The AngleDraw on his forward/backward jumping looks a bit awkward, but that's just my opinion.

That's all I have for now. Hope this helps.

-I cannot juggle HP at all. The velocity of the fall with the speed of the punch just doesn't add up for me. I'll decrease the velocity regardless.
-That's very hard to do (are you using quick recover?) so I won't change much, but the HP version now knocks them down.
-It can hit downed opponents and its very strong. It's like a free hit if used correctly. Hanging Chain (Air) > A-HP for example if the opponent doesn't spam to get up asap.
-Wanted him to lean into his forward and backward jump. It looked more weird without it.......Okay so I changed it up a bit. It should look better now and also have what I want.

It does! I'm always happy to have feedback so don't holdback.
I'll be updating soon with sabockee's palettes and everything and some other various minor fixes I've come across.
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#24  August 21, 2016, 11:23:48 pm
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
I whipped up a little video just to clarify what exactly I did, showing both the loops I found. The video is unlisted, but if you'd like me to, I'll remove it when you want.

NOTE: The Bull Head loop is easiest with the Heavy version, but the advantageous frames at the end make it, in theory, likely possible with the other versions.

do the thing
Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:30:28 pm by Yamori X
#25  August 22, 2016, 02:26:03 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I whipped up a little video just to clarify what exactly I did, showing both the loops I found. The video is unlisted, but if you'd like me to, I'll remove it when you want.

NOTE: The Bull Head loop is easiest with the Heavy version, but the advantageous frames at the end make it, in theory, likely possible with the other versions.

[youtube]uZgMMp0nzp0[/youtube]

Holy shit dat timing. No quick recover either....D:
Lol, well when I update it he shouldn't be able to do that anymore and if he can, it's not nearly as bad.
Thanks for the video. I'll have to look into the LP and MP Bullhead as well to make sure they don't spam. Maybe make the jugglecounter empty when your ground combo gets too outta control....something.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

#26  August 22, 2016, 05:52:39 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Nice job so far with your Birdie bruh! Can't wait for the updates. :)
#27  August 23, 2016, 05:39:04 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Updated. I don't remember most of what I did to Mai and Alena, but they were updated too with Birdie.
Hopefully everything saved properly and this can be the last update for a long while.

Thanks again for all the comments and the video! I'll put it in the first post as a preview!

#28  August 30, 2016, 10:08:59 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
So I noticed something when messing around with some WIP's and discovered that the jugglecounter never actually disabled when you ran out of jugglepoints for whatever reason. Must've been through the addition of choosing a fighting style that I broke something so there'll probably be some glitches here and there that you may never even notice, but I'll be fixing things periodically down the road should I find anything. For now I updated them so at least juggling is disabled when it should be and vice versa. The most important part.

#29  August 30, 2016, 10:19:03 pm
  • Some Party
    • USA
This Alena is pretty boss
#30  August 31, 2016, 01:04:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#31  August 31, 2016, 01:07:19 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/

#32  September 02, 2016, 11:30:16 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Alena has a infinite corner block string using her C.MP - QCF.MK (JUUSATSU - Double Play)
#33  September 03, 2016, 02:14:35 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
I can't say that I've downloaded the character or played with him (YET), but I did see this in the video...

A side effect of AngleDraw on his launcher?

#34  September 21, 2016, 04:37:27 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Alena's video is done. :)
New #35  September 21, 2016, 05:02:05 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Alena has a infinite corner block string using her C.MP - QCF.MK (JUUSATSU - Double Play)
Will look into.
Fixed. Will be in future update.

I can't say that I've downloaded the character or played with him (YET), but I did see this in the video...

A side effect of AngleDraw on his launcher?
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Will also look into. I've actually known about it, just not sure of a workaround because of, yeah, angleset.
Looked into it and the clsn IS on the opponent the way it should be. I'd forgotten I'd already taken care of that "problem". It was just the repositioning for when the very tip of the corner of the clsn was hit because of angleset. Nothing I can do here. I'm honestly not even sure how he hit Balrog from that position. I tried it multiple times and couldn't replicate it.

And also, wooh! I'll put it on the front page of her original thread and also on here and just about anywhere else I can put it when I get the chance :P

Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:54:02 am by Noctis