YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1244885 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#1821  February 17, 2015, 06:15:35 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
YES! YES! YES!

they are finally here!! after MONTHS of waiting they are finally here. this time i got various degrees of nostalgia that took freaking forever to arrive:

first and most importantly my most anticipated figure from 2014 and also the most expensive i've bought so far at least online (around $90 the most expensive one so far is my saga of gemini which was costed around $230 but it was practically 3 figures in one plsu something i never thought i was going to get). Tetsujin 28/Iron Man 28/Gigantor.

now this one comes from if not my very first anime series at least the one i have the most fond memories and the first one i ever watched from start to finish. this one was delayed several times and even when it finally came out it took 2 months to arrive. but the wait was worth it and i love it.

i'd say ever since i first watched the show to now it took me around 25 years but i finally got one :D

second but not less important good ol' sakura who got me into the whole magical girl genre (since i didnt care about sailor moon back then... and not much nowdays anyway). man, that pose was really hard to get, and not just for me because very review i read about this figure complained about the same thing. she also comes with this heart-attack-inducing "DOUSHIO~" expression that is just overkill

now, remmeber i bougth a deathscythe figure to a friend of mine? well, that same friend got me this:

tekkaman evil who comes form one of my all time favorite animes tekkaman blade and not just that but he is a perfect match for my tekkaman blade (which another friend got for me but it wasnt a present... and it also took forever to get to me). and he is quite a bother to pose because of all those spikes he has on his body :S

BONUS:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

i always think of dropping this expensive hobby for good but then i get stuff like this and i just cant.
#1822  February 18, 2015, 02:43:33 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It finally came in. Fuck yeah son, $85 but worth it :smile:
#1823  February 18, 2015, 03:23:03 am
    • Peru
Cool, really cool. I wanted the Skullkid statue but a fucker bought the last one just before me, so I took revenge and bought those two New 3DSes in return.

By the way, I got a package today and it was full of win
#1824  February 18, 2015, 04:08:30 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
oh nice. i saw those rockman plastic models and didnt bought them because... i'm an idiot obviously >_< (requesting pics of when you assemble them)

i also hate you people for showing off your majora's mask special editions while i dont even have a 3ds

but enough jealousy. say renzo, since you've been on a rockman roll lately (... i didnt planned that awful pun it just happened). then you in for some rockman sneakers?
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 04:32:21 am by Bastard Wolf
#1825  February 18, 2015, 04:29:59 am
    • Peru
Not really, I find them awful :D
#1826  February 18, 2015, 06:10:20 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
For those of you who thought my last haul on video games was the mother-load, HERE COMES THE FATHER-DUMP

Darkwing Duck: Think like a shittier Megaman. It's still a lot of fun though, and that Darkwing Duck music is super catchy.

Rockman 3: While some say 2 is the best Megaman, these people are IDIOTS. 3 added sliding and the soundtrack is also super kick-ass in my opinion.

Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti: It's a Splatterhouse your kids can play! Okay, not really, but it's still a fun side-scroller, and you know you're in good hands when the first boss is a Michael Jackson vampire dancing to Thriller.

City Connection: Instead of painting the town red, you're painting the streets white. Really basic concept, but when you're dodging cops and cats while trying to make sure you get every spot, it gets quite addicting.

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!: Another game I'm ashamed I didn't get earlier. If you're wondering if the Japanese version gets rid of Piston Honda's gratuitous Japanese... NOPE. It's completely identical to the American release.

Yume Penguin Monogatari: You're a fat-ass penguin and your penguin girlfriend is going to dump you for a cuter penguin guy unless you get thinner. Since it's impossible to die, the levels require you to have a required level of fitness to pass them, and you accomplish this by grabbing diet shakes. However, your evil rival has a bunch of enemies that are throwing food at you that you can't help but eat when they hit you. It's a really neat take on platforming and simultaneously frustrating and fun.

The Goonies: Fun fact, when The Goonies II on the NES came out in America, it wasn't a sequel to the movie. It was a sequel to this game! You play as Mikey and you have to bomb doors to get enough keys to go to the next level, while also trying to grab other power-ups, rescue the other Goonies, and avoid the Fratellis. It gets very addictive very quickly, although dying from your own bombs really sucks. Did I mention that you get a sweet 8-bit rendition of The Goonies 'R' Good Enough?!

Gundam Wing: Endless Duel: Probably the best Gundam fighting game in existence, and a damn good fighting game period. If that doesn't sell you, this 16-bit rendition of Rhythm Emotion probably will!

Umihara Kawase: Think like a puzzle game with Bionic Commando gameplay, and you play as a Japanese Dora The Explorer lookalike.

Goemon's Great Adventure: Finally a N64 cartridge. I love the music in this game, it's probably one of the most overlooked platformers on the N64. HERE HAVE SOME MUSIC

#1827  February 18, 2015, 07:20:41 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
lol The Goonies II was my shit on NES. loved the music. Konami pooped out a timeless gem with that one for sure^^

Megaman 3 was the official FIRST game I bought for myself when I was kid with my allowance saved up. My father got me my games at first for Christmas or b days...until I started saving my own money

Endless waltz on snes was hot too. again loved the music...Same composer who Did Ninja Warriors music on SNES...damn good gem

Nice stuff man :thumbsup:
#1828  February 18, 2015, 11:30:19 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Best Princess.

I really like the way they kind of blend the solid and translucent vinyl in the molding to recreate the flowing, ethereal look her hair has in the show.  The quality on these figures is really impressive for the amount they're charging for them.
#1829  February 19, 2015, 07:23:32 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Best princess? That's not Zelda I see so that's WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#1830  February 20, 2015, 12:38:19 am
    • Peru
More Nintendo goodness. The Megaman Amiibo was sold out after minutes of opening the stores here :(
#1831  February 20, 2015, 05:15:00 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Finally got him.

I decided to hold off on getting Zelda for the time being. Maybe until my next paycheck.
#1832  February 21, 2015, 03:06:08 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Got this a couple of days ago.

I have Wolverine.  Just need to get Iron Man and Blade.
#1833  February 21, 2015, 09:14:59 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
So while I was publicly building up my Famicom collection, I was secretly building up a small collection of amiibos on the side, and now I'd like to take the time to introduce you to the gang!

Arranged in purchase order from left-to-right, front-to-back, with their amiibo nicknames.

Front Row: Nuts&Milk, Runkachunk, Hussnasty, Gamelon
Middle Row: Pickles, Bulimia, Soulja Boy
Back Row: Rowsdower, Dat Ass

"But Jango," you're saying, "Those are the boring ass amiibos everyone and their dog ow-

2gay2live
#1834  February 21, 2015, 09:31:01 am
    • Canada
Nice collection! Where did you manage to find Marth?

So, this ended up arriving much sooner than expected.

The guy who shipped it also put that little paper shuriken in the package, which made me smile.
#1835  February 21, 2015, 09:34:52 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Oh, on Amazon. Somehow I was able to get one for $25! I'm not super-invested in these yet, so you won't see me trying to go for Villager any time soon.

The rest were super cheap though. Princess Peach, for example, only cost me $5 (the store was trying REALLY hard to get rid of their stock)
#1836  February 23, 2015, 12:41:16 am
    • Canada
Yeah, Amazon is becoming the best bet with the harder to find Amiibos. Solid deals though, especially with Marth!
#1837  February 23, 2015, 03:17:42 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Unless I am getting the dates for a few of these items mixed up, the items shown below are all things I picked up during this month aside from what appeared in the last batch:

Some Super Fighting Robots are always welcome especially if cheap, I-Ninja and Sonic for a chuckle, and the last one mostly due to it being funny that I found it at a Dollarama of all places when some shops still ask for around if not above $20.

Pardon the flash, mostly complete version of Shadow of the Ninja (needs manual), Super Thunder Blade with a terribly beat up manual, and Intergalactic Roomi Similator aka Galaxy Fight for the Sega Saturn.

Since obtaining another N64, I now officially have way more titles than when I originally owned the system. Also, shake shake.

Not pictured here: Mega Man Amiibo!
#1838  February 23, 2015, 05:14:57 am
    • Peru
Megaman X7 sucks balls, but I can understand how a collector thinks. I accidentally bought two of those back in the day thanks to Amazon one click shopping :(
#1839  February 24, 2015, 12:08:16 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
FURRIES.... IN.... SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Also more N64 goodness:

#1840  February 24, 2015, 04:31:18 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Nice gems there fellas

F Zero (X I still have)

&

Shadow of the ninja was my shit.....would be hot if they remixed that shit like that PS3 strider game visually for co op online...

Got this a couple of days ago.

I have Wolverine.  Just need to get Iron Man and Blade.

that was a bad ass anime series there. Loved it