YesNoOk

Samus Aran by Varia31 Patch 3.2 Released! (Read 32795 times)

Started by Varia31, September 11, 2013, 10:28:12 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Samus Aran by Varia31
#21  September 24, 2013, 05:10:51 pm
Wow great update Varia31 that is a really big improvement she's looking great now 8) :2thumbsup:, well done and good luck with the remaining stuff that needs doing on her :)

and really looking forward to her as well :yippi: :D
#22  September 29, 2013, 07:07:07 pm
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
    • USA
    • variathehunter@yahoo.com
    • youtube.com/user/Varia31
Okay, I made some more progress, mainly in the way of special effects. There are now PalFX for each of Samus' weapons for when they hit, save for the Speed Booster and Screw Attack, which I didn't feel needed them. Her Speed Booster now has actual PalFX instead of transparency, and after image effects to make it feel more like the original games.

I also finally got around to using a Morph Ball model I got to replace the Morph Ball sprites I already had, and it looks WAAAAAY better than how it did previously, if I do say so myself, as it's much cleaner and nicer. I'll confess that the Morph Ball was previously an edited and cropped image from the Smash Bros Wii U website, but now that's been completely changed.

Lastly, her Charge Beam attack is now functional. To use it you simply double tap the Power Beam button and she'll quickly charge up and fire. And I forgot to show in the previous video update, she does have two other crouching attacks: a palm strike, and a backhand swing with her cannon arm to trip with. The only attack I need to add now is her Super Missile, fix her throw, and then she'll be done except for Supers!
#23  September 30, 2013, 09:37:14 pm
Sounds great Varia31 looking forward to seeing more progress and good luck with her ;)

your doing well :2thumbsup:  :)
#24  October 01, 2013, 10:46:13 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
This Samus looks promising from what I've seen here and on the videos.

Question, will she have the Ice Beam? Also to suggest a LV3 super could be the Hyper Beam from Super Metroid.

Perhaps intros against some of the other Metroid characters out there?
#25  October 01, 2013, 02:53:48 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

There isn't exactly a whole lot of Metroid characters out there, and most of them are Samus anyway. Still, so long as she doesn't break down in front of Ridley, I say why not? ;)

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#26  October 01, 2013, 07:57:57 pm
    • USA
This Samus looks promising from what I've seen here and on the videos.

Question, will she have the Ice Beam? Also to suggest a LV3 super could be the Hyper Beam from Super Metroid.

I had planned the Ice Beam for her level 2 Super/Hyper, where she'll freeze her enemy, and then proceed to ram them several times with the Speed Booster. As for Hyper Beam, I was actually going to use Phazon Beam for her level 1 Super. I may do the Hyper Beam instead though. Her level 3 was going to be the Power Bomb, but do you think I should switch those two around?

As for intros, I was maybe going to give her one other, and probably two other win poses as well.
#27  October 07, 2013, 06:07:05 pm
Sounds great Varia31 :) .....your doing really well with her in my opinion and Im not sure about swapping the moves around personally but I am sure that samus will turn out great no matter which order you decide to put them in 8) :2thumbsup:

and good luck with finishing her as well Varia31.....she's looking great so far :)  ;)

(sorry about the late reply as well)
#28  October 10, 2013, 02:40:46 am
    • USA
Okay, new idea for her Super attack setup. For level 1, it'll be Hyper Beam, level 2 will be Power Bomb, and as much as I wanted to do the Speed Booster Barrage as her level 3, I don't know if I have the know-how to create something so advanced and over-the-top right now. So instead, I have a new Super in mind that should be a bit simpler, yet still be awesome and, in this case, a bit funny. My idea is for her to freeze her opponent with the Ice Beam, then call in her ship; once she signals it, she will backflip out of the way, allowing her ship to pass underneath her and then ram her opponent at full speed. Think of Batman's Super from "Injustice: Gods Among Us" when he has the batmobile ram the enemy. I think this would make Samus slightly more fun to use. ;)

I've taken a bit of a break from working on her lately, but I should be picking back up very soon.
#29  October 10, 2013, 08:38:09 pm
I love the sound of the new move Varia31, that does sound funny and looking forward to seeing it
if you decide to add it to her 8)

I wish you good luck with Samus as well :2thumbsup: :)
#30  October 12, 2013, 12:40:34 am
    • USA
Hyper Beam is finished! Samus takes four shots and then finishes with a Super Missile that has a bit more of a kick to it as compared to when you would use it regularly. Her level 2 is pretty much ready too, I just need to actually add the Power Bomb to it. Forget beta release, if I can finish her third Super successfully, fix her throw, and then add finishing touches, she'll be completely done! :)
#31  October 12, 2013, 10:52:43 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

...until you get feedback from people regarding balance fixes, etc. :P

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#32  October 12, 2013, 06:03:47 pm
    • USA
lol Well I'm hoping that she'll be decent enough to not need too many tweaks. Once she's finished, I have other projects in life that I need to get back to as well. I've spent a ton of time working on her. I'm ready to be done. :P
#33  October 12, 2013, 07:05:29 pm
Wow, you are doing really well with Samus, well done Varia31 :D ....and good luck
with those remaining moves etc :)

and really looking forward to Samus as well :yippi: ....sounds like she will be a great
character when she's finished 8)  :2thumbsup:
#34  October 15, 2013, 12:07:01 am
    • USA
Power Bomb done! Samus can now blow enemies sky high.  >:D One more Super, then on to her other tweaks.
Here's a video with the two completed Supers. I'll probably re-adjust the positioning of the Power Bomb's explosion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fNu9FDuVPQ
Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:35:25 am by Varia31
#35  October 15, 2013, 07:27:17 pm
Wow, I love her new super attacks they look great :D  well done Varia 31 and
good luck with her remaining moves etc as well :)

and your doing well with her by the way :2thumbsup: :)
#36  November 03, 2013, 10:38:02 pm
    • USA
Okay, bit of an update. Progress is slow, sadly, but she now has an alternate win pose where she nonchalantly dusts off her cannon. I also have an alternate idle pose, but I'm trying to implement that properly.

Posted: November 06, 2013, 03:01:53 am
Okay, throw FIXED! Finally got around to that. Only thing is, now everyone seems to vanish upon being thrown, and only pop up again after landing. This doesn't happen when my Samus gets thrown by herself though. Am I guessing that people commonly don't use 820 as the "thrown" state?
#37  November 06, 2013, 07:45:02 pm
many thanks for the news Varia31 much appreciated, its nice to know that Samus is
still being worked on  :) ....good luck with fixing the throw error as well

and Im really looking forward to this Samus personally :2thumbsup: :)
#38  November 07, 2013, 04:10:03 am
    • USA
Thanks for the support galactus, I'm really hoping to make something that MUGEN and Metroid fans alike can enjoy.
#39  November 07, 2013, 06:21:52 pm
No problem Varia31 Im glad to give my support to this Great project ;)
and I think your Samus will be Awesome when she's finished personally 8)

keep up the good work my friend :2thumbsup: good luck with Samus as well

and I for one will support you all the way with Samus ;)  :)
#40  November 08, 2013, 09:35:38 pm
    • USA
Okay, her level 3 Super is nearly ready, but I need a bit of help. Can somebody please tell me how to make a projectile pass through an enemy? I don't want her ship to disappear when it hits. And also, what do I need to apply to the Ice Beam code to freeze an enemy?