YesNoOk

ClayFighter comes to MUGEN!! (T-Hoppy, Klaymen and HoboCop for 2024!!) (Read 3036394 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, April 16, 2010, 04:25:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Starting to work on Boogerman)
#121  August 08, 2011, 10:36:14 pm
  • GIVE ME PANCAKES OR GIVE ME DEATH! *shot*
WIPs: none
#122  August 08, 2011, 10:54:51 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Until now, all my creations are compatible with 1.0, so I don't see the problem... unless my Megaman lifebars don't work well on 1.0, but I don't think so :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Earthworm Jim)
#123  September 25, 2011, 05:19:59 pm
    • Germany
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (More news from lifebars than Jim)
#124  September 26, 2011, 08:38:11 pm
    • Chile
You're a bit late :P I already stated about that before:
No problem ;) I aware of those sheets after released Jim, but apart of there're few characters "ripped", I don't like the rips, are smallest than normal characters (DrKeleco used that Jim's sheet and don't like the result) and it has 256+ colors. My "sprites" are ripped using 640x480 res in Project64 + taking shot in AnimGet + resize into 320x240 + arrange the sprites to get a brighter/colorful look than in the game.

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#125  September 26, 2011, 10:25:53 pm
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
This project seems interesting though how will you go about ripping the extra characters from Sculptor's cut? (Zappa Boys, Lady Liberty, Lockjaw, and High-Five)
#126  September 26, 2011, 11:14:35 pm
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
#127  October 08, 2011, 09:00:50 pm
you should  try sumo santa
learniamaker peace
#128  October 23, 2011, 07:38:06 am
The more Interplay protagonists, the better. Earthworm Jim (already converted), Boogerman and probably Mr. Bad Frosty are three of them.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Forget Boogerman, got freeze?)
#129  November 12, 2011, 03:51:26 am
    • Chile

OK, starting to rip him and probably he will be the next character from CF I'll make instead Boogerman (who's harder to rip than Frosty). Apart of the big portrait, I found an old sprite I ripped (for fake/troll reasons) and I'm reusing his palette and adjusting it just like I did with Jim. And since the palettes are just Frosty's hat colors, this will be easier than I thought.

So, here're the shots for starting:

There're not much advances but IT'S SOMETHING *insert meme stickman here* Soon more of Frosty ;)

#130  November 26, 2011, 05:56:37 pm
try doing dr kiln becuse  i tried working on him but the jump wont work
#131  February 27, 2012, 03:42:45 am
#132  March 04, 2012, 02:05:18 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home

OK, starting to rip him and probably he will be the next character from CF I'll make instead Boogerman (who's harder to rip than Frosty). Apart of the big portrait, I found an old sprite I ripped (for fake/troll reasons) and I'm reusing his palette and adjusting it just like I did with Jim. And since the palettes are just Frosty's hat colors, this will be easier than I thought.

So, here're the shots for starting:

There're not much advances but IT'S SOMETHING *insert meme stickman here* Soon more of Frosty ;)
Wow Now Thats Mr. Forsty I Keepin Touch With This One, I Wish To Beta Test Too When The Time Comes Dude!
#133  March 05, 2012, 09:20:24 pm
    • Chile
Thanks for your comments, I promise to get back with Frosty and Boogerman soon ;)

try doing dr kiln becuse  i tried working on him but the jump wont work
Dr. Kiln is not in my plans now, but as I know DrKelexo wanted to make him someday :P

This project seems interesting though how will you go about ripping the extra characters from Sculptor's cut? (Zappa Boys, Lady Liberty, Lockjaw, and High-Five)
I'm pretty interested in Lockjaw Pooch, it's my favourite character of the new ones (and in second place, High-Five)

:DOlá, pessoal. Já tenho um bocado convertido. Mas espero umas ajudinhas já que estou formando um game pra Mugen depois vejo se lanço na net alguns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX9FEN9fdP4&feature=youtu.be

:sugoi:
Kung Pow?? Great, good luck with him, but I suggest you make him more like in CF63 1/3

Wow Now Thats Mr. Forsty I Keepin Touch With This One, I Wish To Beta Test Too When The Time Comes Dude!
Sure, when I complete him more, I'll call you for betatesting ;)

Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Gravedigging this with Blue Suede Goo)
#134  February 01, 2019, 03:56:26 am
    • Chile

Hi guys, I'm, gravedigging this thread to get back with this project since there's not enough CF chars for MUGEN. I thought this would be covered with the new versions of Kung Pow and other chars were making before I left at the end of 2017, but nothing was made after that. So, in my comeback, I was checking what I was wanting to do in my Ideas thread and I found this.

Well, have passed so many time I don't make a character from scratch, so I started him: Blue Suede Goo will receive the 63 1/3 treatment with all his original moveset and new supers, combos and even Claytalities just as Jim. Just starting him, having the base of the earthworm (with the code and sounds from him) and ensembling the SFF and AIR, just has stand, walk and his portraits by now. I hope to show you more of him in next months as well update Jim with his famous intro (super suit falling over the worm), more Insane Combos and Claytalities (I'll have to modify what I planned since I can't make them accurate as I wish)

And before you ask... yes, Bad Mr. Frosty and Boogerman will be considered, but I'll take the existing ripped sprites and give them a treatment (resize + filters) as well rip the voices for them (any help in this area is welcome). Also the 63 1/3 lifebars, I'll need help with this since they're incomplete and I don't known how to make them for 1.0+

Oh that was a Queen Combo... :P

#135  February 01, 2019, 04:28:10 am
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
HOORAY!!!

Also, I can try getting a few voiceclips for Frosty and Boogerman.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#136  February 01, 2019, 04:35:47 pm
    • Chile
Sure thing, you can do it ;) I'll probably have to do this method for the ripped sprites since I've no time and effort to make the old method I did with Jim:
  • Resize the spritesheet to 200% then resize again to 63% (there the chars will have the same size than Jim)
  • Apply some filter so they wouldn't see pixelated as in the actual sprites as well colored them more
  • Finally crop them, make a palette and add to the SFF
Well, this seems so easy that rip them for the game and then edit them as I did with Jim, wish me luck with this ;)

Also, did I say I'll need help with the 63 1/3 lifebars??

Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:05:51 pm by Basara Pilgrim

DW

#137  February 06, 2019, 03:05:51 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Welcome back B-kun. Good to see you back at it. Good luck on projects.
#138  February 06, 2019, 03:54:23 pm
    • Chile
Thanks man :D good to see you in the forum again and active as well, good luck with your projects!!

About BSG, I'm taking heavy influence of Shadowtak's BSG (looking his AIR to get well the moves as well using the voices he ripped for him) as well replaying first ClayFighter (nothing about emulators, I got the game for my SNES), so I hope to get very faithful to the source apart of having the 63 1/3 touch on him. Also, not sure if CF lifebars has been recreated to MUGEN (from first game and/or C2: Judgment Clay) apart of the project I got with 63 1/3 lifebars. If not, maybe I can rip them and make something like that in a future, who knows ;)

I hope to spam you in the next months with new screenshots and maybe a video, by now just stay tuned with my normal WIP thread and my other projects ;)

#139  February 12, 2019, 01:29:07 am
    • Chile

Sorry, I can't contain me... I got stuck making Blue Suede Goo and it's almost ready. As a normal character, he would be ready to me released, with all his stuff from first ClayFighter and even a super (Song of Pain, which is the super version of his Hummer Attack). But, there're various thing to do, like the Combo system (with Combo Breaker and Insane Combos included) and the Claytalities (I got the idea for one, thinking in the others, at least two more), as well his throw, the only thing left to do from the original character.
Spoiler: What he has now? (click to see content)

Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Almost ready with BSG, updating EWJ)
#140  February 14, 2019, 04:21:38 pm
    • Chile
Well, Blue Suede Goo is almost ready, now thinking about the Combo System I'll use on him (mostly the linkers, finishers and Insane Combos), but that's a matter of time to be ready with that. Ah, and making his throw from CF1, too.

Also...

Spoiler: SURPRISE!! (click to see content)