YesNoOk

What Mysterious Voice posing as MugenLord has to say about the changes. (Read 25389 times)

Started by BurgerKing, August 28, 2007, 12:42:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What MugenLord has to say about the changes.
#41  September 02, 2007, 01:10:18 am
  • A True Saiyan...
    • dbzgt.scruffydragon.com/index.php
I don't care how you look at it now, the leechers have truly won. You can argue the point, but truly, the leechers are getting exactly what they want, and creators are getting the shaft. I'm not even sure if I want to release chars now. I mean, I understand that the sprites are edited from capcom's sprites and such, but still, It's not the bare sprites, it's the fact that someone is taking something that you worked really hard on and desecrating it. It's just like if you make a painting. You didnt make the materials you're using in the painting, but it's the fact that you've dedicated so much time to making it. Now think how it would feel if someone came and modified your painting and claimed it as they're own.  :-\

The MUGEN world (at least at this forum) is turning into garbage. So, to creators, I feel for you. It's just not right and that's that.  :'(

Animugen

#42  September 02, 2007, 03:54:29 am
I don't care how you look at it now, the leechers have truly won. You can argue the point, but truly, the leechers are getting exactly what they want, and creators are getting the shaft. I'm not even sure if I want to release chars now. I mean, I understand that the sprites are edited from capcom's sprites and such, but still, It's not the bare sprites, it's the fact that someone is taking something that you worked really hard on and desecrating it. It's just like if you make a painting. You didnt make the materials you're using in the painting, but it's the fact that you've dedicated so much time to making it. Now think how it would feel if someone came and modified your painting and claimed it as they're own.  :-\

The MUGEN world (at least at this forum) is turning into garbage. So, to creators, I feel for you. It's just not right and that's that.  :'(
Dude your absolutely right.I agree with you all the way.I'd only let my friends or good ppl have my chars.Not someone I don't even know to come right in and claim it as their own or have ppl say this character's a piece of shit and you put so much time into it and someone deletes your character off their game and says I'm finding a better one.I tell you leechers are no good.
#43  September 02, 2007, 06:01:07 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
You didnt make the materials you're using in the painting, but it's the fact that you've dedicated so much time to making it. Now think how it would feel if someone came and modified your painting...

I wouldn't care.

You didnt make the materials you're using in the painting, but it's the fact that you've dedicated so much time to making it. Now think how it would feel if someone came and modified your painting and claimed it as they're own.  :-\

I'd be fairly mad.

Still, it gets me how people talk about people taking others stuff even though they do something similar. I'm not saying it's okay, but it seems like a case of "Pot calling the kettle black".

But, as I said, I'd be mad if someone else laid claim to my work. In any case, I'll still have my creations, than that person will still have that desecrated thing they made from my character.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#44  September 02, 2007, 06:06:26 am
    • USA
    • https://www.facebook.com/Djk6DraggedNChopped
I don't care how you look at it now, the leechers have truly won. You can argue the point, but truly, the leechers are getting exactly what they want, and creators are getting the shaft. I'm not even sure if I want to release chars now. I mean, I understand that the sprites are edited from capcom's sprites and such, but still, It's not the bare sprites, it's the fact that someone is taking something that you worked really hard on and desecrating it. It's just like if you make a painting. You didnt make the materials you're using in the painting, but it's the fact that you've dedicated so much time to making it. Now think how it would feel if someone came and modified your painting and claimed it as they're own.  :-\

The MUGEN world (at least at this forum) is turning into garbage. So, to creators, I feel for you. It's just not right and that's that.  :'(
keep them private and leeechers will get pissed. So pissed they will try to make characters, sprite swaps.

Elecbyte, MUGEN's readme.txt file said:
What MUGEN?
-----------
MUGEN is a 2D fighting game engine, but you probably knew that already.
MUGEN is also an acroymn for something, but we forgot what it is. :)
We created MUGEN not only to make a fighting game, but also to let
others create their own fighting games.  You can control almost every
aspect of the engine to suit your tastes.  That's the primary goal of
MUGEN.  Since this is a work in progress, there are many things that
it can and cannot do, but here's a short list of some of the things
you can do...

- Customizable title screen, character select screen, life and power
  bars, game sound effects, fonts and more
- Characters can have any number of sounds and sprites of any size
  limited by your computer's memory
- Up to 12 different color schemes for each character
- Background music can be mp3, mod, midi or CD audio
- Supports keyboard, joystick and Playstation joypads (through the use
  of a converter).

Game Engine
- Use up to 6 buttons for a character (7 if you count the Start button)
- Regular moves/Special moves/Supers
- Projectiles
- Multiple air jumps
- Move cancel/2-in-1 or whatever you want to call it
- Multi-part moves/throws
- What your character can do is defined by how you build his
  state machine
Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 06:11:44 am by Agentsix
#45  September 02, 2007, 07:02:07 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Now think how it would feel if someone came and modified your painting and claimed it as they're own.  :-\
But the original painting would be intact, and art critics could tell the fake ones apart right away. :thinking:
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#46  September 02, 2007, 07:23:44 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Yeah except that there aren't enough critics and too many enablers who don't give a shit.

hjk

#47  September 02, 2007, 07:33:06 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
Now think how it would feel if someone came and modified your painting and claimed it as they're own.  :-\
But the original painting would be intact, and art critics could tell the fake ones apart right away. :thinking:

Does that apply to snk chars. I mean like most of the Kyos and Kusanagis.

I have trouble telling the difference between any of them, if there actually is a difference in the sprites.

Yeah except that there aren't enough critics and too many enablers who don't give a shit.

True

What I don't get it why is has to be this way.
Our former message seemed to be no leeching period.
Why did we have to loosen up this much?

Why couldn't we just make our message:
You can do whatever the heck you want outside of this foum, but in here you abide by our rules.

This makes me question requesting as a whole. It makes me wonder why ANY creations are off-line (after earlier releases). Yeah, yeah, a creator could possibl tell a forum that they don't want the creation distributed, but what about those who remove their stuff and can't inform a forum because... they can't connect to the site, they don't like a forum, etc?
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 07:44:02 am by Tee Hee Hee
#48  September 02, 2007, 09:35:52 am
  • Never give up
O__o

I don't know what the voice is talking about. It says something about me and Mysterious Voice being friends? :o
Yeah, he said you was his homeboy. I guess you're both cool with each other eh?  ;P

I don't care how you look at it now, the leechers have truly won. You can argue the point, but truly, the leechers are getting exactly what they want, and creators are getting the shaft. I'm not even sure if I want to release chars now. I mean, I understand that the sprites are edited from capcom's sprites and such, but still, It's not the bare sprites, it's the fact that someone is taking something that you worked really hard on and desecrating it. It's just like if you make a painting. You didnt make the materials you're using in the painting, but it's the fact that you've dedicated so much time to making it. Now think how it would feel if someone came and modified your painting and claimed it as they're own.  :-\

The MUGEN world (at least at this forum) is turning into garbage. So, to creators, I feel for you. It's just not right and that's that.  :'(
I completely agree.
#49  September 02, 2007, 09:46:36 am
You tell if it was MugenLord anywayz because ive seen most the videos that he has uploaded..Herez some flaws if found while watching this one..

-If you look closely you can tell the different faces
-MugenLord username is MugenLord not thatman360
-MugenLord dosent care about the Mugen Fighters Guild
-When you can hear the voice but without the fake ML moving his mouth
#50  September 02, 2007, 09:57:09 am
  • Never give up
You tell if it was MugenLord anywayz because ive seen most the videos that he has uploaded..Herez some flaws if found while watching this one..

Everyone already knows that's not the real mugenlord talking. >_>

What matters is what was said in the video.
#51  September 02, 2007, 03:01:24 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
So, to creators, I feel for you.

So you also feel for PotS and me, for example? Thanks but not necessary. :)

Or are we no true or real "creators" anymore? o.O

This is not as one-sided as you make it sound. ;)
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)

Animugen

Re: What MugenLord (imposter) has to say about the changes.
#52  September 02, 2007, 05:52:43 pm

That wasn't the real mugenlord?Then who is and how come no one informed me? o_O
#53  September 02, 2007, 05:57:08 pm

[size=52pt]OH JESUS CHRIST.[/size]

\"oohwhap\" said:
dont requset my chars tey r prevet
#54  September 02, 2007, 07:45:33 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.

It's on the first page of this thread. You weren't directly informed, but it *was* said that that wasn't the real ML.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.

Animugen

#55  September 02, 2007, 08:58:59 pm
Oh my bad he he*Scratches back of head* ;P
#56  September 02, 2007, 10:23:48 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
Why does it have to be in English?

Well I was guessing because when elecbyte was up it was in english. But then again you could very well be right. For all we know it could be a japanese or french acronym.

EDIT: If you are like that about that guy burgerking you don't ever want to see how the rest of humanity is like. Statistically it's depressing.