YesNoOk

Mizuho's Sprite Atelier - starting but posting - (Read 10450 times)

Started by Mizuho, May 04, 2014, 10:51:34 am
Re: Mizuho's Sprite Atelier - starting but posting -
#21  May 28, 2014, 10:58:21 pm
  • Exiled gal from another place
    • Argentina
    • shizu_oka@hotmail.com
well. here is it. the shaded sprite.

please, tell me how to improve it. pretty please? :D

the faceless jupiter is still faceless.. I will try to make it
#22  May 29, 2014, 12:40:22 am
    • USA
    • Eckzein@yahoo.com
Looks pretty good. If you want to get into the nitty gritty her forward leg needs a little fix. The calf should be a little bigger than the leg running behind it, 'as is' it visually recedes because of its size but doesn't make sense when compared with the back leg. The same goes for the foot, it looks smaller than the BLegs but they should be roughly the same size as they are roughly in the same spatial plane. You could just fix the back leg too, the upper BLeg looks good but the lower BLeg is the problem causer.
#23  May 29, 2014, 12:42:44 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Blazblue sprites overall uses 4 shades for pretty much everything (even in metallic details). The shading is pretty spot on, I would add one more shade to the skirt and shoes.

Looking good.
Chilling
#24  June 01, 2014, 03:37:04 am
    • Argentina
    • shizu_oka@hotmail.com
well.. believe me or not, I've redone the sprite in some parts.
please check..  I've tryed to fix the calf issue that Eckzein pointed. also the boots. and fisher king skirt and shoes shading suggestion.

old  vs  new

please, help? :D
#25  June 01, 2014, 12:23:56 pm
    • USA
    • Eckzein@yahoo.com
please check..  I've tryed to fix the calf issue that Eckzein pointed. also the boots. and fisher king skirt and shoes shading suggestion.

The skirt looks nice and front leg looks pretty good. Back leg needs a little more tweaking. Her calf muscle or the bulge that's happening in the middle of the BLower Leg should be moved up slightly. Secondly, her BLower Leg should be connected to her BUpper leg. If you just tweak the line of her knee to match the line of her BLower legs shin than you should be fine. (draw a line connecting the two through the forward leg and you'll see)

You've fixed her Back arm which is good but I think you overcompensated with the arm on the left. Its previous size would be a good fit for the current proportions. I would also move her abdominal line a smidge back to the left.  From what I can see you've redone the sprite in more than just some parts, you reworked quite a bit, the overall feel is still there.
#26  June 01, 2014, 03:27:38 pm
    • Argentina
    • shizu_oka@hotmail.com

The skirt looks nice and front leg looks pretty good. Back leg needs a little more tweaking. Her calf muscle or the bulge that's happening in the middle of the BLower Leg should be moved up slightly. Secondly, her BLower Leg should be connected to her BUpper leg. If you just tweak the line of her knee to match the line of her BLower legs shin than you should be fine. (draw a line connecting the two through the forward leg and you'll see)

You've fixed her Back arm which is good but I think you overcompensated with the arm on the left. Its previous size would be a good fit for the current proportions. I would also move her abdominal line a smidge back to the left.  From what I can see you've redone the sprite in more than just some parts, you reworked quite a bit, the overall feel is still there.

thanks eckezin, can you help me with the back leg? can you trace the line that you told me? I cannot see that. maybe you can give me a hand? :)

thanks
#27  June 01, 2014, 11:11:18 pm
  • There is only power!!!
    • Mexico
    • hekutta.webs.com/
There is a mistake on the "Tiara." Maybe is just me but it does not seem accurate.

#28  June 01, 2014, 11:20:57 pm
    • Argentina
    • shizu_oka@hotmail.com
There is a mistake on the "Tiara." Maybe is just me but it does not seem accurate.

yeah, that's why i've redone all the sprite with the faceless one. since I'm having issue on how I could make the face, left it with out it for the moment. is pretty kinky to be accurate in that tiny frame space.

thanks for pointing that. I will take this for reference when I apply the face

edit: this is more or less I think the tiara will come out. but I think I will do it with more time and Accuracy

Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:26:14 am by Mizuho
#29  June 02, 2014, 01:26:41 am
    • USA
    • Eckzein@yahoo.com
Got a little carried away but hope this helps.

Am using simple value to show volume/planes but not space and not light and shadow.
I think the problem with the back leg is that the swelling of the knee isn't being accounted for. The line does connect to the shin but it does so in an unnatural way.
Edit: This is your sprite, you don't have to make all the nitpicky changes if think it looks good.
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:52:29 am by Eckzein
#30  June 02, 2014, 03:01:59 am
    • Argentina
    • shizu_oka@hotmail.com
Got a little carried away but hope this helps.

Am using simple value to show volume/planes but not space and not light and shadow.
I think the problem with the back leg is that the swelling of the knee isn't being accounted for. The line does connect to the shin but it does so in an unnatural way.
Edit: This is your sprite, you don't have to make all the nitpicky changes if think it looks good.

thanks again eckzein. I will redraw that leg. if you see that is wrong, then is wrong. I must FIX IT! :D
#31  November 24, 2014, 08:30:55 pm
    • Argentina
    • shizu_oka@hotmail.com
well. six months.. .that's quite time from my last post here.

I have been... busy, very..

and so, i'm returning to this place. so I can share a new work in progress.. also i'm trying to finish the previous sailor jupiter.
trying new process and methods to be more accurated in the work.

so. well. this is my new sprite.

is quite rough and not finished yet. but since i'm coming back here, i'm gonna post more often to show the process.

the sprite is based on one attack from the mercury's combo attack kick. the game is the arcade banpresto beat em up.

so.. well. i'm coming back :D
#32  November 24, 2014, 09:27:34 pm
Welcome back! :)
#33  November 24, 2014, 09:32:19 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
It looks like a good start! I can see the hands will probably end up changing, they could use some better form.

I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Welcome back!
#34  November 24, 2014, 11:06:11 pm
    • Argentina
    • shizu_oka@hotmail.com
Welcome back! :)

thanks. I will try again, to maintain the regularity of my posts :D

It looks like a good start! I can see the hands will probably end up changing, they could use some better form.

I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Welcome back!

hell yeah. those hands. I wanted to do something quick and turned out like crap hahaha

well. It turns out that painting the lines from scratch is driving me crazy. I will do the basic outline of the char and... let's see how I paint it again.
I have try new stuff. :(