YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1556906 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 7 [full])
#121  December 26, 2011, 02:01:32 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I disagree, sometimes I had an older version open in case I wanted to re-port over some stuff from the old SFF (for instance, to re-import and adapt the image to a specified palette).
#122  December 26, 2011, 02:24:37 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Is the program still open to updates?

Because I found something:

In the CNS editors, even if you type in valid code (i.e. statedef or something), the program will not recognize it as such (i.e. update the States list, highlighting text with different colors, etc.). In order for the thing to recognize the code, you need to close the file and reload it again.

You may need to investigate this.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#123  December 26, 2011, 02:48:41 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Plus a suggestion. The ability to define additional files that need to be opened with the project would be nice.
I mean something like this in the .def file :

;FFtxt1= readme.html
;FFtxt2= changelog.txt

This would eliminate the need to use notepad completely as currently we still need to use it for editing files like these, and they generally need to be updated at the same time the character is changed, so opening them together with the character files would be useful. They could be opened in the .Def section as additional tabs.
Hi there man, how have you been? That suggestion sounds very interesting. +1!

When characters share CNS or other files - in my case the CCS character pack shares the CMD file and about 7-9 ST files - between each other, and you change the file in one character's tab, it isn't updated on the other's tab, causing inconsistency between the two instances of the same file. Even if you save the changed file, it doesn't update the other open tabs that contain it. Multiple instances of the same file open should get updated immediately when you edit one of them, otherwise saving in the wrong order can result in the changes being lost.
Sharing files is pretty common when making full games, but it also happens often in character packs that share gameplay elements.

I disagree, sometimes I had an older version open in case I wanted to re-port over some stuff from the old SFF (for instance, to re-import and adapt the image to a specified palette).

Well, I think those cases must be handled with care. Have you seen some programs like linux's text editor Gedit ask you if you want to update the file when a certain already open file has been edited by another program?  (sometimes another instance of Gedit itself, whatever) I think FF should do the same and ask if it should update the files or not (and have a don't ask anymore and do it or don't do it by default option)

EDIT

Oh... by the way, VirtuallTek, just used WinMerge to check what FF3 beta 6 had done to my char. (Winmerge is a program that compares two text files and marks the differences, I think it's opensource so you may add some of it's capabilities to FF3 to compare different versions of two files.) The good part is that it now recognizes the chars, but it still doesn't recognize the char+intro def as both. For the bad part: I'm not very happy with what it did to the AIR files. --;

FF3 removed the extra comments I had.
FF3 removed the separator lines I had.
it was like this:

; see docs/air.txt for more information ;<--- this line got removed, why!?

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------;<--- this line got removed why!?
; Super Beam Shot
[Begin Action 571]
550,0, 0,0, 1, H, A
550,1, 0,0, 1, H, A
;550,2, 0,0, 3, H, A;<--- this line got removed, I had commented it out to check it later! Again Why!?
550,3, 0,0, 2, H, A
550,4, 0,0, 2, H, A
LoopStart
550,5, 0,0, 2, H, A
550,6, 0,0, 2, H, A
550,7, 0,0, 2, H, A
550,8, 0,0, 2, H, A

heck! it seems it did whatever it wanted to my animation .air file!
And considering I had only changed a piece of CNS code... this is at least unexpected.  :S

Well, at least the rest of the CNS seems fine. CMD has not suffered any changes either, just as expected.
Yet SFF had those strange issues with MCM, but it worked fine on MUGEN 1.0

Just downloaded the latest update (FF3 beta 7) I'll check it out.

Well, that was just my two cents guys, merry Christmas and God bless you all!
#124  December 26, 2011, 11:45:57 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
When characters share CNS or other files - in my case the CCS character pack shares the CMD file and about 7-9 ST files - between each other, and you change the file in one character's tab, it isn't updated on the other's tab, causing inconsistency between the two instances of the same file. Even if you save the changed file, it doesn't update the other open tabs that contain it. Multiple instances of the same file open should get updated immediately when you edit one of them, otherwise saving in the wrong order can result in the changes being lost.
Sharing files is pretty common when making full games, but it also happens often in character packs that share gameplay elements.

Plus a suggestion. The ability to define additional files that need to be opened with the project would be nice.
I mean something like this in the .def file :

;FFtxt1= readme.html
;FFtxt2= changelog.txt

This would eliminate the need to use notepad completely as currently we still need to use it for editing files like these, and they generally need to be updated at the same time the character is changed, so opening them together with the character files would be useful. They could be opened in the .Def section as additional tabs.
Interesting ideas.  :sugoi:

In the CNS editors, even if you type in valid code (i.e. statedef or something), the program will not recognize it as such (i.e. update the States list, highlighting text with different colors, etc.). In order for the thing to recognize the code, you need to close the file and reload it again.

Screenshot please. I need it before start the investigation.  :)

EDIT

Oh... by the way, VirtuallTek, just used WinMerge to check what FF3 beta 6 had done to my char. (Winmerge is a program that compares two text files and marks the differences, I think it's opensource so you may add some of it's capabilities to FF3 to compare different versions of two files.) The good part is that it now recognizes the chars, but it still doesn't recognize the char+intro def as both. For the bad part: I'm not very happy with what it did to the AIR files. --;

FF3 removed the extra comments I had.
FF3 removed the separator lines I had.
it was like this:

; see docs/air.txt for more information ;<--- this line got removed, why!?

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------;<--- this line got removed why!?
; Super Beam Shot
[Begin Action 571]
550,0, 0,0, 1, H, A
550,1, 0,0, 1, H, A
;550,2, 0,0, 3, H, A;<--- this line got removed, I had commented it out to check it later! Again Why!?
550,3, 0,0, 2, H, A
550,4, 0,0, 2, H, A
LoopStart
550,5, 0,0, 2, H, A
550,6, 0,0, 2, H, A
550,7, 0,0, 2, H, A
550,8, 0,0, 2, H, A

heck! it seems it did whatever it wanted to my animation .air file!
And considering I had only changed a piece of CNS code... this is at least unexpected.  :S

Well, at least the rest of the CNS seems fine. CMD has not suffered any changes either, just as expected.
Yet SFF had those strange issues with MCM, but it worked fine on MUGEN 1.0

Just downloaded the latest update (FF3 beta 7) I'll check it out.

Well, that was just my two cents guys, merry Christmas and God bless you all!
Did you read my reply on Yesterday?  --;
You used the File -> Save that means SAVE ALL FILES of the current project, overwriting the old ones. Then, the AIR will be saved too.
About the comments and formatting, any previous version does it and you only ask it now? When I finish the full text mode most of the formatting and comments will be kept, just wait.
And please, be less impulsive. If you aren't sure about something, send me a PM.

Thanks!
#125  December 26, 2011, 08:52:33 pm
    • parsemugen.webnode.com.br/
Nice! I'm still getting used of the palettes of sff2, like not displaying the default I chose.

Btw, I found a bug when creating a new clsn and then clicking the right button of the mouse instead of the left.
#126  December 26, 2011, 08:59:46 pm
    • Thailand
Tell him what the blasted bug is.

BC

#127  December 26, 2011, 09:12:53 pm
    • UK
Which reminds me, I posted about a sound issue?

forget my post, for some reason I was testing something out with my characters sound file and replaced it with a copy that had sounds missing from it... which caused them not to play :P

sorry about that.
Accepting commissions
#128  December 26, 2011, 10:14:24 pm
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Did you read my reply on Yesterday?  --;
Yes, I did, I'm sorry I think I was not very clear.

You used the File -> Save that means SAVE ALL FILES of the current project, overwriting the old ones. Then, the AIR will be saved too.
Yeah I got that, everything was saved, yet since I had only changed a line of CNS code that's the only change I expected in the files besides of their modified date. I got more changes than I expected. Some files had changed something else than what I did, so I was puzzled. Why would SFF change it's file size and have strange issues when opened by MCM? FF classic didn't leave strange palette issues in the SFF files, they could be opened with MCM and the "shared palette" would not have trouble.
Probably it's nothing to be worried since MUGEN 1.0 (and now that I test FF classic too) doesn't seem to have any kind of problem showing those sprites correctly.

About the comments and formatting, any previous version does it and you only ask it now?
Sorry, I thought that behavior would have changed.

When I finish the full text mode most of the formatting and comments will be kept, just wait.
Oh I see, thank you very much! So, that's not implemented yet and will come soon! 
That will be great. ;D

And please, be less impulsive. If you aren't sure about something, send me a PM.

Thanks!
Sorry again.

Well, now I'm testing FF3 beta 7, let's see...
I'm comparing the variable usage generator...
Hmm. it seems unlike the classic version  that generated a list for all the char, FF3 generates a list only for the variables in the current file. Some seem to be missing, but when I try the variable usage log in another file of my char, I get those missing variables...

I like the new options we get:  statedef number, name or both, and "one per line" all that sounds nice.

Actually I think we have suggested something about this. My idea was that FF3 would generate the variable list in the same way it does now, except that it would be for the whole char (like it did in FF Classic and not just for the current CNS file like it does now)
And (this is possibly just a pipe dream) it would split the list in two the 1st part of the list would be character variables, while the 2nd list would be helper variables. (this is varsets that are within statedefs which have a statenumber called by a "Helper" state controller.)
#129  December 26, 2011, 10:45:46 pm
  • Dust to dust...
    • USA
    • Skype - tylorthehedgehog
    • www.freewebs.com/wubbi/
I gave it a test run, and I just love it! FF3 is my preferred editor now, even if it's a beta. I'll give feedback once I actually get a more through look at it.
I assume that we will be able to associate files in a future update?
Thanks for reading my signature.
#130  December 27, 2011, 12:32:45 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Nice! I'm still getting used of the palettes of sff2, like not displaying the default I chose.

Btw, I found a bug when creating a new clsn and then clicking the right button of the mouse instead of the left.
Zero-Sennin reported this but I can't reproduce. What do you do exactly? Steps to reproduce, probability of occurence....

Which reminds me, I posted about a sound issue?

forget my post, for some reason I was testing something out with my characters sound file and replaced it with a copy that had sounds missing from it... which caused them not to play :P

sorry about that.
No problem.  ;)

Yeah I got that, everything was saved, yet since I had only changed a line of CNS code that's the only change I expected in the files besides of their modified date. I got more changes than I expected. Some files had changed something else than what I did, so I was puzzled. Why would SFF change it's file size and have strange issues when opened by MCM? FF classic didn't leave strange palette issues in the SFF files, they could be opened with MCM and the "shared palette" would not have trouble.
Probably it's nothing to be worried since MUGEN 1.0 (and now that I test FF classic too) doesn't seem to have any kind of problem showing those sprites correctly.
OK. But if you modified only the CNS but used the "save all" function, you must expect any change in any file. Otherwise, use only the Editor's save function.
About the SFF, FF3 does some optimizations when saving the file, and the default format is SFF v2. To save as v1, FF3 need to do some conversions and automatic adjustments (FFC only works with SFF v1 and we don't need to adjust anything). Because of it, the file can change even if you didn't modified anything. You can't compare a SFF saved by a program that works with all formats and an outdated program like MCM. If Mugen displays it right, we have no problem here (or MCM have a problem, but it is out of this topic).

People must understand that FF3 is designed to unlock the full potentials of SFF v2, and that v2 is VERY different from v1. We don't need a shared option, we have 4 image formats available (v1 supports only one), 6 compression methods (v1 supports only one), no order dependency (v1 is strict), palettes are internal, isolated from sprites and less duplicate (v1 each sprite can have its own palette in the PCX, and depends from external palettes), ....

If you know a way to convert between both formats without changes and can be opened on the amazing MCM, let me know.  ;D

Well, now I'm testing FF3 beta 7, let's see...
I'm comparing the variable usage generator...
Hmm. it seems unlike the classic version  that generated a list for all the char, FF3 generates a list only for the variables in the current file. Some seem to be missing, but when I try the variable usage log in another file of my char, I get those missing variables...

I like the new options we get:  statedef number, name or both, and "one per line" all that sounds nice.

Actually I think we have suggested something about this. My idea was that FF3 would generate the variable list in the same way it does now, except that it would be for the whole char (like it did in FF Classic and not just for the current CNS file like it does now)
And (this is possibly just a pipe dream) it would split the list in two the 1st part of the list would be character variables, while the 2nd list would be helper variables. (this is varsets that are within statedefs which have a statenumber called by a "Helper" state controller.)
I just tested on Cyanide's Rikuo and seems that all vars are listed from all opened files. Send me the char and describe what is missing.

I gave it a test run, and I just love it! FF3 is my preferred editor now, even if it's a beta. I'll give feedback once I actually get a more through look at it.
Probably.

Thanks!
#131  December 27, 2011, 05:37:26 am
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
If you know a way to convert between both formats without changes and can be opened on the amazing MCM, let me know.  ;D
Sorry I dont. The fact is that I was using MCM to test any SFF file I modify, since, well, I was probably doing something wrong with the way I inserted sprites in the old FF Classic, using Adobe photoshop or other image editor to create the PCX file. Right now all I can remember is that in FF classic the sprites would be shown correctly but when I checked in MCM it would show them correctly too if there was no problem. Yet sometimes FF classic would show the color I defined as "transparent" for that particular sprite using photoshop as transparent (as if everything were OK), yet both MUGEN and MCM would not!

Probably.

Thanks!
that sounds good. which reminds me, in FF classic the CNS tab names would be the complete file name (extension included) yet now it's just the file name (for example in FF classic the CNS section tabs would show "states.cns" and in FF3 it only shows "states". Since I'm using the "classic" interface preset, I would like that little detail back if it's not asking too much.

I just tested on Cyanide's Rikuo and seems that all vars are listed from all opened files. Send me the char and describe what is missing.

Oh, it's one of the chars at my site. (I have made some modifications but I don't think it should represent much of a difference.)

Aile and Vent.
in FF Classic this is their variable list when I open states.cns and click the variable log generator

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Now this is the variable list FF3 generates.
To generate it in FF3 I went to the states tab (same as in FF Classic)
and just left the default options ("Statedef Number", "Float", "Integer" and "Only used variables")

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

As you can clearly notice, it's a shorter list and just to mention a few missing variables.
Var(2) and Var(3), fVar(24), etc. are not there.

if I uncheck the "Only used variables" option

I get the missing variables looking like this:
; var(2):=
; var(3):=

;fvar(24):=
#132  December 27, 2011, 06:08:24 am
  • Burn to Fight
hi virtualtek
I found some missing options maybe o_O

In the animation menu section the clns editor have 2 missing options =  resize icon and moving with the clns arrows;  freely using the mouse cursor that sometimes work the rezize or moving if selecting the clsnbox with the right mouse button and enable the left button or clicking the clns icon for deactive but sometimes don't work  this problem happen when adding new clsn boxes, i think this will be more intuitive as we used in the FF ultimate 2.6

FF 3  :S

In classic and clean interface can't delete clns becouse this options are missing in the left column animation menu, only appear the options in the main menu in the top.

And a not very important suggestion adding the sub name for the clsn 1 (attack) clsn 2 (collison) that forget in this new version  ::)

FF ultimate 2.6  :sugoi:

Another thing in the sprite moving options in the interface themes:
classic have missing the moving arrow
clean  the sprite editor have missing moving arrow and align
neo only appear the moving arrow
ultimate show the 2 options

FF 3 ultimate interface

Regards  ;)

Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:40:24 pm by xiondash
#133  December 27, 2011, 04:40:25 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Isn't there an option for finding quickly sintax errors? Something like telling the lines in which they occur?

Also, the program says that HitVelSet is an obsolete sctrl in Mugen 1.0 . But these codes can't be removed, otherwise the char doesn't behave correctly when getting hit by the opponent.
Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:44:57 pm by Zzyzzyxx
#134  December 27, 2011, 05:35:09 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

Screenshot please. I need it before start the investigation.  :)

Apparantly, my problem fixed itself.

But I have a question: does FF3 have a sprite/animation reorganizer? Because there are sprites that are out of order in my characters but I can't find the right tools for the job.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#135  December 27, 2011, 05:57:13 pm
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Isn't there an option for finding quickly sintax errors? Something like telling the lines in which they occur?

Actually I've found it in FF3, right click, go to "code" and there you'll find "Previous syntax error" and "Next Syntax error"

Also, the program says that HitVelSet is an obsolete sctrl in Mugen 1.0 . But these codes can't be removed, otherwise the char doesn't behave correctly when getting hit by the opponent.
Yeah, that's strange, Elecbyte said HitVelSet was going to be deprecated, yet if you check MUGEN 1.0's common1.cns in the data folder you'll see it still uses HitVelSet.

But I have a question: does FF3 have a sprite/animation reorganizer? Because there are sprites that are out of order in my characters but I can't find the right tools for the job.

I don't know which interface preset you're using, I'm using the classic interface (so comparing FF3 and FF Classic is easier for me)
and the Organizer icon (two blue arrows pointing up and down) is still there. so, if you click it when you're in the sprites section you can organize sprites, if you do it when you're in the animations section you organize animations. It's quite a nice tool.

EDIT

@VirtuallTek
about the variable generator issue...  I only get that list, no matter which CNS file I choose to generate the variables, and when compared to the list FF Classic generates I always see some variables are missing.

EDIT 2

OK, now I have a crash If I enable / disable OpenGL Hardware Acceleration at the options menu and then close FF.
this is the error message I get when OpenGL option is changed and FF3 is closed:

it's the "the instruction at X references the memory at Y, memory can't be 'read', click OK to finish this program" kind of error.

I'm using Windows XP SP3 (Direct x 9.0c) and I have a Nvidia GeForce 9500GT graphics card.
#136  December 27, 2011, 06:32:58 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com

this happend to me while I was testing it months ago. I saved in sffv2 format, closed the char and opened again and everything was fine
#137  December 28, 2011, 12:00:28 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Josue answered most questions.  :)

@xiondash: Yes, some buttons are missing. The objective of the Classic and Ultimate presets are to reproduce the previous versions. I don't will add an option that isn't present in that versions.
About clsns, it's simple: click and move. And I presume that your keyboard have the Delete and arrow keys  ;D

@Josue: OK, i will check these issues.  ;)

I have a problem in my right arm  :-\. As soon as possible I will fix the bugs reported when I fix my problem first  :P.

Thanks!
#138  December 28, 2011, 02:59:41 am
  • Burn to Fight

@xiondash: Yes, some buttons are missing. The objective of the Classic and Ultimate presets are to reproduce the previous versions. I don't will add an option that isn't present in that versions. ok  I understand your point ;P

About clsns, it's simple: click and move. And I presume that your keyboard have the Delete and arrow keys  ;D

LOL , i didn't  notice that using the keyboard arrows and delete button in the FF3 this is new  ;D because in the old version didn't have this keyborad support in the clns ;P

sorry for my stupid doubts XD

Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:28:22 am by xiondash
#139  December 28, 2011, 09:47:18 pm
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
I cannot use this software!  i can get in it but the icons and everything else do not fuction I'm really looking forward to test especially the new font creation option, Please help

Thanks
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#140  December 29, 2011, 07:08:24 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

This isnt a bug, more of a request. I still edit for winmugen. I'm switching my chars to 1.0, so I'd like to be able to launch my char in either. I'd like to see the 2nd mugen launch button come back. Have one launch say 1.X and one with a Windows icon or something like that. This way I can text in both easy.

----
While I'm thinking about it. I'd like an option to have the Find bar always up at the bottom of the screen. I'd like it to start up and have Circular search option clicked.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:11:40 am by Odb718