YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1562701 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta 8 (updated 01/02/12 - PATCH 2)
#181  January 04, 2012, 03:30:37 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/

Is what i'm talking about.

Edit: New bug. Rotation. Rotated a sprite 90, then tried to do it again. Crash.

That SHOULD replicate it. If my random rage didn't wipe everything from my mind.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:17:17 am by Cyanide
#182  January 04, 2012, 10:41:00 pm
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
Oh... I forgot to mention this:
there's still a little issue with the variable generation:

Variables that are set (varset, varadd) only in statedef -1 (cmd) look like this in the list
;var(15):=
;var(16):=
;var(17):=

and if a variable is set (varset, varadd) in statedef -1 (cmd) and several other parts of the code, including helpers, it looks like this:

;var(30):= 9741, 9999, 336, 365, 375,
;var(31):= 600, 620, 660, 730, 735, 740, 745, 750, 9741, 9999,
statedef -1 (cmd) is never mentioned, unlike statedef -2 and -3 which are always mentioned by both number and name, not by number when you chose the "by number" option.

Also noticed a bug in the advanced palette editor:

Just by curiosity I opened it with a random sprite, then clicked "Generate a minimal gray scale palette", I thought the image looked nice in gray scale, then clicked "undo" and oh crap, even tough the palette was back to the way it was, the sprite was messed up! all the colors were different, including the transparency which seemed to have chosen a random color.
also noticed that the "define selected color" button has been replaced by "Interval of selected colors in gradient" (so if you have only selected a single color cell, you only define a single color, but you must click the same color twice)

Show/hide SFF and Air axis cursor option is missing from the "view" menu. (some sprites are quite small thus you had to hide the axis to completely see them.)

SFF's image name or comment is also missing, I guess SFFv2 doesn't support it anymore?

At the sound section: the resampling options are missing, not that I miss them since I never had the opportunity to use them, yet I must also mention that the sound information looked a bit more detailed in FF Classic, making use of units. For example it would say
hertz, bits and seconds.
It shows it like this:

channels: 1
Sample rate : 22050
Bits per sample: 16
Duration: 0.325805

it would be nice if it showed those more like in FF Classic:

Sound Information:
channels: 1 (Mono)
Sample rate (frequency): 22050 hz.
Bits per sample: 16 bit(s).
Duration: 0.325805 sec.

#183  January 04, 2012, 11:55:19 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
Trying to use "Import from another project" on animations still crashes...it's kinda random. Importing animation x from character a to b works but crashes from character a to c. Yet importing animation y from character a to b crashes, too, so it doesn't seem to depend on either the animation, the source, or the destination character.

Additionally, I expected importing an animation to also import all sprites being used in it (and all palettes used by those sprites, of course), but it doesn't do that, it only imports the animation without the sprites being used. Not sure if it's intended that way or it is also a bug (as the other two cases for importing crashed), but if it is intended, then I suggest adding "import animations together with sprites used" as a new feature so everything gets imported together, in a ready-for use way. Preferably with an automatic renumbering of said sprites (and palettes) if they are in use into the first unused sprite/group number above 20000,0 (as a changeable option).
#184  January 05, 2012, 12:34:37 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
As i have a slightly updated one to 8. I can see you've implemented Seravy's update all files that are the same file thing. The problem is i get prompted for saving my characters .cns file now. I have one project open, it needs to either just save it, regardless of how many things are open or we get a check box in the options to turn the prompt off.

I still can't replicate the "Save your sff file" thing. I really really want to find this. Saving should be simple, click, keep working. Soon as i find a method of making it happen i will let you know. Although it's possible that there is no method and it's a timing thing or something.

Edit: You know, i may have pinned it down now. Open character, do anything you like, save it. Run in mugen, save it again (you can do something or nothing) i am using a 1.0 sff and i get a prompt at this point to save it as something else again. Either mugen is changing the structure of the file, or running it does something odd.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:40:39 am by Cyanide
#185  January 05, 2012, 01:46:42 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Edit: New bug. Rotation. Rotated a sprite 90, then tried to do it again. Crash.

That SHOULD replicate it. If my random rage didn't wipe everything from my mind.
Working on it now.

there's still a little issue with the variable generation
I'll check it later.

Just by curiosity I opened it with a random sprite, then clicked "Generate a minimal gray scale palette", I thought the image looked nice in gray scale, then clicked "undo" and oh crap, even tough the palette was back to the way it was, the sprite was messed up! all the colors were different, including the transparency which seemed to have chosen a random color.
No bug here. Some functions in this editor affects the sprite, and any change can't be reversed. It's a palette editor, the undo is performed only on the palette.

also noticed that the "define selected color" button has been replaced by "Interval of selected colors in gradient" (so if you have only selected a single color cell, you only define a single color, but you must click the same color twice)
Look at the editor one more time and you will see this function.

Show/hide SFF and Air axis cursor option is missing from the "view" menu. (some sprites are quite small thus you had to hide the axis to completely see them.)
I'll add it later. But you can replace the cross too, using a smaller one.

SFF's image name or comment is also missing, I guess SFFv2 doesn't support it anymore?
Isn't missing. Elecbyte removed it.

At the sound section: the resampling options are missing, not that I miss them since I never had the opportunity to use them, yet I must also mention that the sound information looked a bit more detailed in FF Classic, making use of units. For example it would say
hertz, bits and seconds.
It can be changed in the translation easily.

Trying to use "Import from another project" on animations still crashes...it's kinda random. Importing animation x from character a to b works but crashes from character a to c. Yet importing animation y from character a to b crashes, too, so it doesn't seem to depend on either the animation, the source, or the destination character.
Fixed.

Additionally, I expected importing an animation to also import all sprites being used in it (and all palettes used by those sprites, of course), but it doesn't do that, it only imports the animation without the sprites being used. Not sure if it's intended that way or it is also a bug (as the other two cases for importing crashed), but if it is intended, then I suggest adding "import animations together with sprites used" as a new feature so everything gets imported together, in a ready-for use way. Preferably with an automatic renumbering of said sprites (and palettes) if they are in use into the first unused sprite/group number above 20000,0 (as a changeable option).
Is intentional, but I can add your suggestion later.

As i have a slightly updated one to 8. I can see you've implemented Seravy's update all files that are the same file thing. The problem is i get prompted for saving my characters .cns file now. I have one project open, it needs to either just save it, regardless of how many things are open or we get a check box in the options to turn the prompt off.
Fixed.

Thanks!
#186  January 05, 2012, 04:27:04 am
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
there's still a little issue with the variable generation
I'll check it later.
Thank you!  ;D

No bug here. Some functions in this editor affects the sprite, and any change can't be reversed. It's a palette editor, the undo is performed only on the palette.

Uh... right, yet since you can "commit the changes to current sprite" shouldn't... wait, what does that button actually do if you're supposed to be editing palettes and not sprites? I think that button's name is a bit strange.

Look at the editor one more time and you will see this function.
Yeah, you're right... it took me a while to find... actually I found it by chance just a bit before.
I think those buttons need to  be grouped or sorted in some way to easier understand what they do.
for example, having the load / save ones in a group, then another group for undo, redo and zoom, and the final group for the rest of the buttons.

I'll add it later. But you can replace the cross too, using a smaller one.
Thank you!  ;D

Isn't missing. Elecbyte removed it.
So... SFFv2 doesn't support it anymore...

hertz, bits and seconds.
It can be changed in the translation easily.
Uh... translation? what do you mean?

Anyways, here's something I would consider a serious bug:

it's probably not just a bug, but many.

To get this, I just duplicated a sprite I had just inserted. I used the "copy" option, not the "link" one.
and the copy of the sprite had all those pixels there. the funny part is that when I opened it with the image editor it had vanished just leaving all those pixels. This doesn't happen with other sprites I duplicate, only this one.

I'm not really sure what's wrong with this sprite. Since this char uses SFFv1 I just tried to follow the same procedure I used in FF Classic, open the palette editor, select the image, and apply the current palette on the image, then, in the SFF section, add it. Maybe I should have used PCX? I used PNG instead. I used "Force the specified palette" which was the same I had inserted into the image. RGB 0,0,0 wasn't recognized as the transparent color (in the palette it shows 0,0,0,0), so I used the image editor's paint bucket to change the existing 0,0,0,255 (it had become that way when inserted) to 0,0,0,0 then saved the sprite. then I duplicated it because I wanted to edit the sprite and have two different versions, and then that happened.

EDIT
just noticed, The "Advanced palette editor" save function doesn't save PCX images... I mean... another "mad girlfriend bug"
since the image is supposed to be saved, but when I search the folder it's not there!

Also, is the "Insert the current palette on images" anything similar to the old FF classic "Apply palette on images"?
it seems it's not. So, what should I do now? would you add that option back? Or what's the correct procedure to insert images as SFFv1 sprites?

Maybe I should not have used "Force the specified palette", if that's the case, then which one is the correct option to be used for SFFv1 and have the sprite "share" the palette?
"Image's own palette"
"Force the specified palette"
"Exchange with the specified palette"
Which one is the equivalent to "shared palette" to insert sprites to a SFFv1 file? That's not clear!!! what's the correct procedure to insert images as SFFv1 sprites?

EDIT2

All that reminds me of a suggestion I had:
Have you seen some image editors have a "color substitution" function?
 I had to paint as transparent black (the one recognized as transparent RGB 0,0,0,0) every black pixel (the one that was wrongly recognized as just black RGB 0,0,0,255)  in the image with the paint bucket. If we had that tool, it would paint all the black pixels in the image with the new color, like the paint bucket but in the whole image.
So, you just need an "old color", "new color" and a color picker to find the "old color". The new one would come from the palette, replacing the old one.

I... I'm sorry, I'm totally puzzled again. :S
#187  January 05, 2012, 05:40:16 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
My guess is you added an unpaletted sprite and FF attempted to palette it for you. Palette first, then add. Otherwise it'll attempt to put a 32bit sprite (1.1 only) into a 1.0 sff file which expects 8bit and it will die.

Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:47:13 am by Cyanide
#188  January 05, 2012, 03:43:13 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Uh... right, yet since you can "commit the changes to current sprite" shouldn't... wait, what does that button actually do if you're supposed to be editing palettes and not sprites? I think that button's name is a bit strange.
This is a convenient function to be used as a shortcut. Supose that you want to adapt an already inserted sprite to another palette. You can change the palette, adapt the image to it and commit the changes without the need to save the image and reinsert in the SFF. It's an exception, not the rule.

To get this, I just duplicated a sprite I had just inserted. I used the "copy" option, not the "link" one.
Do you have the last patch?

I used "Force the specified palette" which was the same I had inserted into the image. RGB 0,0,0 wasn't recognized as the transparent color (in the palette it shows 0,0,0,0), so I used the image editor's paint bucket to change the existing 0,0,0,255 (it had become that way when inserted) to 0,0,0,0 then saved the sprite.
If the palette is the same, use the "exchange" option. The force option adapts the image to the palette, and small undesired changes can occur.

just noticed, The "Advanced palette editor" save function doesn't save PCX images...
Confirmed.

Which one is the equivalent to "shared palette" to insert sprites to a SFFv1 file? That's not clear!!! what's the correct procedure to insert images as SFFv1 sprites?
Aff.. In Mugen 1.+, the character palette is applied to the char using palette remap, and at default, the remapped palette is the 1,1. Then, you must know it and start to think that in SFF v1, the sprites 9000,0 and 0,0 always receive the character palette. Then, you must apply the 1,1 to it. Any other sprite that will receive the character palette must be placed next to 9000,0 or 0,0 as usual, and with the 1,1 palette applied to it too.
When saving a SFF v1, FF3 automatically sets the "shared" option based on the palette of the previous sprite. Now, you just need to keep the right order, no need to define a sprite as shared or not.
The "shared" option in all previous versions means "use the palette of the previous sprite", that's how it works in SFF v1. Then, if you want this "shared" palette, just apply the palette of the previous sprite and done. No need for a special method to insert a sprite based on the SFF's version.

About the palette options:
Own palette - the image's own palette will be used in this sprite, and will be added to the SFF if no equal palette can be found.
Force - the palette at the specified group,index will be used, but the image indexes will be changed to match the colors of the palette.
Exchange - the palette at the specified group,index will be used, and a palette swap will be made (no change in the image).

Have you seen some image editors have a "color substitution" function?
 I had to paint as transparent black (the one recognized as transparent RGB 0,0,0,0) every black pixel (the one that was wrongly recognized as just black RGB 0,0,0,255)  in the image with the paint bucket. If we had that tool, it would paint all the black pixels in the image with the new color, like the paint bucket but in the whole image.
So, you just need an "old color", "new color" and a color picker to find the "old color". The new one would come from the palette, replacing the old one.
If you downloaded the last patch, go to the image editor and use the "Remap pen". Five pairs of color slots will appear bellow in the toolbar. You must select the current pair and use left-click in the palette or Ctrl + left-click in the canvas to define the color to be replaced. Then use right-click to define the new color. You can do this in the five slots if you want. Then, when painting with this pen, only the colors of the five slots will be replaced by the specified ones.

I hope that's all clear now. How many times I need to explain it here? Anyone that know how SFF v1 and/or v2 works will understand the changes made in FF3 to support all features of SFF v2. Is very simple now, you just need to start thinking different.
#189  January 05, 2012, 06:00:49 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
The "shared" option in all previous versions means "use the palette of the previous sprite", that's how it works in SFF v1. Then, if you want this "shared" palette, just apply the palette of the previous sprite and done. No need for a special method to insert a sprite based on the SFF's version.

this.

Anyone that know how SFF v1 and/or v2 works will understand the changes made in FF3 to support all features of SFF v2. Is very simple now, you just need to start thinking different.

and this. Is so hard to get?

About the import animation from other char, it still crashes randomly.

I will send you a sff which occurs something strange. you add a non shared palette sprite to a sffv1 at the end, and FF3 doesn't knows which version its handle anymore when I hit save. It asks me in which version I wanna save. Nothing too fancy, but dunno why its happens.
Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:04:22 pm by O Ilusionista
#190  January 05, 2012, 11:48:40 pm
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
This is a convenient function to be used as a shortcut. Supose that you want to adapt an already inserted sprite to another palette. You can change the palette, adapt the image to it and commit the changes without the need to save the image and reinsert in the SFF. It's an exception, not the rule.
Oh... I see. That sounds handy!

Do you have the last patch?
Yes, I do.

If the palette is the same, use the "exchange" option. The force option adapts the image to the palette, and small undesired changes can occur.
tried both options... no luck.   :o I think it's the sprite I'm trying. :(

If you downloaded the last patch, go to the image editor and use the "Remap pen". Five pairs of color slots will appear bellow in the toolbar. You must select the current pair and use left-click in the palette or Ctrl + left-click in the canvas to define the color to be replaced. Then use right-click to define the new color. You can do this in the five slots if you want. Then, when painting with this pen, only the colors of the five slots will be replaced by the specified ones.

Sounds great!!!  ;D  But I had no clue about what it did or how to use it until you explained it. Well, that's expectable since there's no documentation about that feature yet. I think the whole image editor still lacks it.

this.
Anyone that know how SFF v1 and/or v2 works will understand the changes made in FF3 to support all features of SFF v2. Is very simple now, you just need to start thinking different.
and this. Is so hard to get?

Hmm... *scratches head* no, that's not the problem.
My problem is that I can't figure out how to make it work in FF3. I knew how to do it in FF Classic, but I just can't figure it out in FF3.

Let's see, There's a step in the procedure I can't make because I can't figure it out in the new advanced palette editor:

With FF Classic it was just a matter of adding several images, then clicking "Apply the palette on the images" and those would be generated as PCX files. Then going to the sprites section and inserting those PCX, and that was it.

With FF3... I don't know what I'm doing.  I think FF3 is missing the feature I show in my screenshot, so I cannot complete the procedure. I was trying "Insert the current palette on the images" but in some cases (bmp) it would make those become just an empty black thing.
So, to be sure I tried inserting the PCX files FF Classic generated, and those inserted just right. Transparent color was recognized, everything OK, except that when I duplicated one of the several sprites (this time I tried with more than one), and tried to open it in the image editor... FF3 crashed!!! The usual "FF3 has encountered a problem and needs to close" kind of crash.

so I think I found out this:

1.-There's a bug with sprite duplication that happens only with recently inserted sprites (I had not saved the SFF).
2.-The advanced palette editor lacks the ability to generate palettized PCX files from several files at once, which Classic's one could do. If it could generate files (not just PCX but also the other supported formats) I would probably not have this problem.
3.-There is noting wrong with the sprite insertion itself.
#191  January 06, 2012, 12:34:17 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
OK, steps:

1) Go to the advanced palette editor and create your palette.
2) Make sure that the transparency is the first color and no other index contains the same color.
3) Hit "Insert palette in the images.." and select all images you want.
4) Go to the sprites editor and insert the new images (use the "image's own palette option" to test)
5) You're done.

If the result isn't what you expected, send me the palette and some sprites to test.

About the import animation from other char, it still crashes randomly.

I will send you a sff which occurs something strange. you add a non shared palette sprite to a sffv1 at the end, and FF3 doesn't knows which version its handle anymore when I hit save. It asks me in which version I wanna save. Nothing too fancy, but dunno why its happens.
1.-There's a bug with sprite duplication that happens only with recently inserted sprites (I had not saved the SFF).
Fixed. I will release a new version when I finish some other things.

2.-The advanced palette editor lacks the ability to generate several palettized PCX files at once, which Classic's one could do.
    if it could generate files (not just PCX but also the other supported formats) I would probably not have this problem.
:no: I give up, find out for yourself.
#192  January 06, 2012, 12:43:03 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I believe i found this one yesterday as well. But in my case i'd gone to edit the duplicated sprite in the image editor. Crash. And a now 0kb sff file which i had to rebuild (god that sucked) So umm, yes, glad to hear that's fixed. Before i do any image editing now i'm possibly going to make a backup just in case this reoccurs. (and this is my fault for not making a backup anyway)

#193  January 06, 2012, 12:54:12 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
#194  January 06, 2012, 01:46:34 am
  • Burn to Fight
hi virtual
appear the  same bug that i reported before and you fixed in previous betas but in this new beta the pallete editor didn't put the correct transparent color for other  in the insert current palette in the images again  o_O

now I checked what happen don't work if i used images with full color and then using the pallete editor for apply the pallete ,  only work if previously export the images with 256 color pallete and then using the pallete editor for apply the pallete the images working  ;D 

Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:14:48 am by xiondash
#195  January 06, 2012, 02:31:29 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
#196  January 06, 2012, 02:55:15 am
  • Burn to Fight
Try this one - http://www.mediafire.com/?xobsu9b6t5mo5h8

The last solution was temporary, because i'm trying to handle both 24 and 32-bit palettes. This one should work.

just checked this update , and happen the same , only work that I mentioned in the last message with images previously changed to 256 color and apply the pallete with the FF

I understad your hard work for trying to solve all bugs,  i waiting for new solution later and  thanks for the support  :sugoi:

Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:59:48 am by xiondash
#197  January 06, 2012, 03:03:50 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
What exactly are the steps you did? And what image do you used?

Because I tried with a 24-bit image and works like a charm.
#198  January 06, 2012, 03:23:28 am
  • Burn to Fight
What exactly are the steps you did? And what image do you used?

Because I tried with a 24-bit image and works like a charm.

I using the correct process , export my images frames from the graphic editor in full color , in png or bmp , then open the ff and open the pallete for the char and using the option insert current palette in the images and my transparent color was changed for other
 :-\ :-\ :-\

i try the process in the  old ff and changes the same full color images to the pcx image to 256 color and working

i don't know what happen , i dowload again the FF

Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 03:32:09 am by xiondash
#199  January 06, 2012, 03:28:01 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
If I make changes in a character's CNS and then try to close another character's tab, it asks if I want to save changes in the CNS even though I didn't modify the other character's.
#200  January 06, 2012, 03:30:15 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Send me the palette and one image to test.
I will reproduce the steps.

If I make changes in a character's CNS and then try to close another character's tab, it asks if I want to save changes in the CNS even though I didn't modify the other character's.
Confirmed now.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just to keep anyone updated: The xiondash's issue is related to 32-bit images. FF3 works with 32-bit palettes, and when the image's palette has alpha channel or the image is 32-bit (alpha enabled too), FF3 expects that the background will be fully transparent and not a solid one. To insert a palette in an image with a solid background, the image must be 8-bit without alpha or 24-bit.
Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:05:00 am by VirtuallTek