YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1556952 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta 8.4 (updated 01/11/12)
#341  February 28, 2012, 04:34:06 am
    • Russia
Dunno if someone said this already, but...
When you press "Run in mugen' it first ask you which mugen to use from your list. It really annoying. Maybe adding new mugen to the list should add new button for it?
#342  February 28, 2012, 03:21:40 pm
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
^ yeah I guess having it automatically run the only option if theres one option would be efficient

granted, I dont know why its so annoying to hit 'enter', but yeah.
#343  February 28, 2012, 04:44:27 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
If that were true there'd be no button at all.
It's just a pain when I have to scroll down to frame 32 of 59, copy and paste. Make adjustments, save, scroll back down to frame 33, copy and paste, make adjustments, save, scroll back down to frame 34, copy and paste.
Maybe if it's easy enough to implement it might be worth putting in.
In the full text mode will be alot easier to do this, much faster and simple than a button.

I have a suggestion too!
As there is a function to show the Variables in use, it would be cool an option to show the Sound Channels in use.
It is hard to remember which state uses a certain sound channel... With this function i would be easy to know if i can reuse that sound channel in another state ^^
OK

Dunno if someone said this already, but...
When you press "Run in mugen' it first ask you which mugen to use from your list. It really annoying. Maybe adding new mugen to the list should add new button for it?
But if you want to create more than one run configuration to change the stage, define p2, ... to more than one version of Mugen. You end up with a lot of buttons. I avoid this confusion with a list/text based approach.

^ yeah I guess having it automatically run the only option if theres one option would be efficient

granted, I dont know why its so annoying to hit 'enter', but yeah.
What version do you guys are using? It's already implemented on Beta 8.4.

Thanks!
#344  February 28, 2012, 06:52:11 pm
    • Russia
But if you want to create more than one run configuration to change the stage, define p2, ... to more than one version of Mugen. You end up with a lot of buttons. I avoid this confusion with a list/text based approach.

Why won't you just make some checkbox in options that can you switch between list view and buttons view?
#345  February 29, 2012, 01:58:10 am
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Will there be a way to automatically sort files into groups based on their names? I.E. File 12_01 will be auto-sorted to be the first file in group 12 or something like that. Just a time saver, really.
#346  February 29, 2012, 05:40:12 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
I don't mean to be rude but... don't be so lazy guys, tthe options for executng more than 1 mugen is just wonderful and allows to run even the same execcutable with different parameters (testing single or simul modes or other sets)

other stuff can be made with text edition, its just a ll text editing, almost everithing can be made with buttons (believe me, I use it a lot) is just matter of getting the way with it :) There is no need for the VT guys to add more buttons... remember Cy's sig: "there is no maginc button"

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#347  February 29, 2012, 12:39:43 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
Can someone tell me the parameters? The only thing i've managed is to test with diferent characters xD
#348  March 01, 2012, 02:27:59 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
#349  March 01, 2012, 03:49:53 am
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
#350  March 01, 2012, 10:09:08 pm
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Can someone tell me the parameters? The only thing i've managed is to test with diferent characters xD

Hmm... I think it's just the command line parameters, found here:
http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs/readme.txt
at the "Command-line arguments" section.
I don't know why the default comes with %0 (I don't see it as a possible argument) but adding for example a -s stagename parameter does work.
%0 means the actual character you are editing and want to test in that exact moment, you can change it with a character path, or if you have more than one chracter opened in FF3, you can have %0 and %1 and up to %4 so you can test with more than just the one you are editting (but, due to  bug, this last option doesn't work, it cannot find the path to the char and says is invalid :( as far as I remember, this worked on FFU and FFC)

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#351  March 02, 2012, 02:49:22 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Yes %0 means current tab, and %n the tab at index n (1 = first, 2 = second, ...). And, it works. The principle is the same as FFU, but FFC doesn't have this feature.
#352  March 02, 2012, 03:50:00 am
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
If you're making a stage, can you open up that stage when you run the quick test? I know how I could set it up to load, say, 2 kung fu mans, but is there any way to set the stage to be the one currently open?
#353  March 02, 2012, 12:23:19 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
If you're making a stage, can you open up that stage when you run the quick test? I know how I could set it up to load, say, 2 kung fu mans, but is there any way to set the stage to be the one currently open?

Yeah, this would be good too ^^
#354  March 03, 2012, 02:19:32 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So I ran across a bug today. Not sure if it's been discussed.

It happens when there are too many cns files to fit on the line. The "left" button doesnt become solid until the last cns file is displayed on the line. It's kinda rare to have a character with that many cns files. I ran across MVCtabasa by ryokucha looking for ideas for my character.

Also, I received an error when using the default state controller settings for Bind to Target. Cyanide pointed out that in
Code:
pos = 0,0,"Foot";"Mid","Head"
Foot, Mid, and Head shouldnt be in quotations.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#355  March 03, 2012, 02:26:56 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com

at the parameters, you use:

kfm kfm -s your-stage-filename-without-.def

but the stage needs to be at the stage folder of the mugen you are running
#356  March 03, 2012, 07:40:44 pm
  • Ryoga
    • Brazil
    • www.vgbr.com/forum
Hey man thanks for GNU/LINUX package.
suggestion: Create a PPA channel in Launchpad for DEB packages.

Ubuntu is the easyest linux distro of world.

Thanks Virtuall!

EDIT:

P.S. for Ubuntu users type:

sudo apt-get install libPhonon4 libQtCore4 libQtGui4 libQtNetwork4 libQtOpenGL4 libQtWebKit4 libQtXML
Spoiler: Not Safe For Work (click to see content)
Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:50:04 pm by Cafajeste
#357  March 03, 2012, 07:43:31 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/

at the parameters, you use:

kfm kfm -s your-stage-filename-without-.def

but the stage needs to be at the stage folder of the mugen you are running

I think what he's getting at is he wants to be able to run a stage he's making in Fighter Factory FROM Fighter Factory.
#358  March 03, 2012, 08:49:35 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
In mugen.cfg under [Debug] look for StartStage =

Works everytime for testing chars in that one particular stage you want, it also helps a lot with observing the stage behavior, correcting bounds, sprite placement, parallax, etc. etc.

But yeah, it would be super nice if you could quick test stages you are working on instead of toggling back to open a character to be able to test your stage. :P

This is indeed long overdue since there is a much larger amount of stage creators in the community that there is character creators.

No hate implied, just sayin.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:55:00 pm by MaxBeta
#359  March 03, 2012, 08:54:14 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Will be possible in the next version.

So I ran across a bug today. Not sure if it's been discussed.

It happens when there are too many cns files to fit on the line. The "left" button doesnt become solid until the last cns file is displayed on the line. It's kinda rare to have a character with that many cns files. I ran across MVCtabasa by ryokucha looking for ideas for my character.
Is not a bug. Is a Qt behavior. If you don't like it, don't open so many tabs  :P

Hey man thanks for GNU/LINUX package.
suggestion: Create a PPA channel in Launchpad for DEB packages.

Ubuntu is the easyest linux distro of world.

Thanks Virtuall!
Yeah, I use Ubuntu too  :sugoi:

In mugen.cfg under [Debug] look for StartStage =

Works everytime.
I already implemented the support to test the current stage opened in Fighter Factory in the next version.  ;)

Thanks!
#360  March 03, 2012, 08:56:59 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Sweet music to my ears.

This just keeps getting better and better...I'll probably ditch FF Classic upon that release.

No no...thank You.  8)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja