YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1557249 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC1 (updated 03/18/12)
#441  March 18, 2012, 08:51:46 pm
  • Enigma
Aside from the SFF manipulation, no not really. 1.1 is unreleased. If you have it or not you shouldn't be releasing anything for it yet. If the program designed for 1.0 gives you syntax problems for an unreleased version i disagree completely with VT updating to fix them.
just mention it  :)
there are things more important to improve or add of FF3.
that small details of 1.1 xD

crash with air
when I try to change

Como Hacia Hitler Mijo
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 11:08:31 pm by -True-
#442  March 18, 2012, 11:54:31 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Try to change what?  :???:

Updated the PCX Thumbnail Handler to the version 2.
#443  March 19, 2012, 12:06:37 am
    • USA

PCX thumbnail v.2 suffers from the same bug, I'm beginning to think that I'm only one suffering from this... :sick:
#444  March 19, 2012, 12:20:54 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I think you got the instructions backwards, VirtuallTek, even in the register folders... are you SURE we're supposed to put the 32 version in SYSWOW64 and vice versa? I mean I followed the instructions and it works, just it's weird, is all. :P

Also I no longer have the affected SFF since we had a deadline and our goal was to get it working. ;P
Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:24:51 am by Jesuszilla
#445  March 19, 2012, 12:28:53 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Yes, the syswow64 is the folder for the 32bit emulation layer for a 64bit system. Microsoft decided to keep system32 as the default folder for system files, even in a 64bit system. As I mentioned before WoW64 means Windows (32) on Windows 64.
I'm still investigating the problem Froz reported. It's very hard to test this type of extension because I can't run it in debug mode.
#446  March 19, 2012, 12:51:08 am
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
#447  March 19, 2012, 12:59:37 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Updated to the version 2.1 now. Seems that it solves all problems.
I sucessfully reproduced the Froz problem and it is fixed (for me  ;D) in this version.
#448  March 19, 2012, 02:44:30 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Found a new bug... Add selected or add all to current animation buttons don't do nothing... they are broken :(

See ya!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#449  March 19, 2012, 05:42:29 am
  • Enigma

Como Hacia Hitler Mijo
#450  March 19, 2012, 08:32:16 am

the anim xD

Just to add m8 (to try and help VirtualTek) please be as specific as possible when your posting bug reports. Otherwise VT(VirtualTek) has to spend unnecessary time trying to read your mind, and then posting for you to clarify. So if you can reproduce the steps that you took to create the issue, do them and then report them. (one/two liners for a bug report is extremely bad. And I'm speaking from experience here.)

@VirtualTek - Feel free not to answer, but why can't you use debug mode? Does your programming methodology not allow it? Meaning the program your using for development, or how your programming Fighter Factory.
Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:35:24 am by Hakufu1021
#451  March 19, 2012, 03:41:29 pm
    • Thailand
I apologize for telling people to back their stuff up before testing a program that is still in development! Wait, what?! o_O

Nah, I'm just messing with you, VirtuallTek! I will be more specific in the future. I was just under the notion that my .sff was messed up without a back up. =p
#452  March 19, 2012, 05:36:03 pm
  • Enigma

the anim xD

Just to add m8 (to try and help VirtualTek) please be as specific as possible when your posting bug reports. Otherwise VT(VirtualTek) has to spend unnecessary time trying to read your mind, and then posting for you to clarify. So if you can reproduce the steps that you took to create the issue, do them and then report them. (one/two liners for a bug report is extremely bad. And I'm speaking from experience here.)

@VirtualTek - Feel free not to answer, but why can't you use debug mode? Does your programming methodology not allow it? Meaning the program your using for development, or how your programming Fighter Factory.

just change the anim, and crash ::)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Como Hacia Hitler Mijo
#453  March 19, 2012, 06:34:00 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Found a new bug... Add selected or add all to current animation buttons don't do nothing... they are broken :(

Works fine for me. Maybe a more specific situation?

No, I'm talking about the Windows Shell Extension.

I apologize for telling people to back their stuff up before testing a program that is still in development! Wait, what?! o_O

Nah, I'm just messing with you, VirtuallTek! I will be more specific in the future. I was just under the notion that my .sff was messed up without a back up. =p
:o No problem, I understand.  ;D

just change the anim, and crash ::)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
:omg: My God. Please, before posting check if you already have installed the latest update.
Just download the update 7 and voilá. You are using the buggy update 6.

Thanks!

#454  March 19, 2012, 06:38:15 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Wow, this program is updating mad fast! :o
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#455  March 20, 2012, 03:04:21 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Still gettin' hippy dippy mushroom trip thumbnails:

I'm almost certain the issue is only with non-indexed PCX images.
#456  March 20, 2012, 03:09:57 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Updated the first post with an update that improves the support to broken SFFs.
If you have a corrupted SFF, the program can crash in some cases, blocking you from recovering the file.
In this update FF3 supports many types of SFF corruption like no image on non-empty sprite, invalid sprite/palette linkage, sprite with a nil palette, and more.

Still gettin' hippy dippy mushroom trip thumbnails:

I'm almost certain the issue is only with non-indexed PCX images.
OK, I will work on this issue now.

Thanks!
#457  March 20, 2012, 04:14:03 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico

Works fine for me. Maybe a more specific situation?
Well, I'm working on an Air File (hayato), in an existing animation (say, anim 220) you remove every frame, then, when in blank, use those buttons to add the new frames, nothing happens :(

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and the latest Update 7 (x64 too)

EDIT, While doing a video I noticed update 7.1, I've upgraded and it's really funky XD :( If you use the scroll bar in the anim section (grab the bar and slide too move over animation numbers) then FF3 crashes... this in update 7.1, update 7 has only the bug I describe... here a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLkmqKK-DAQ

P.S. Found another one... in update 7.1 besides the add selected or all to current anim button bug + scroll bar crash, if you try to add a new animation, FF3 crashes... :(
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:26:31 am by FerchogtX
#458  March 20, 2012, 07:49:09 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Some of the changes you're now making are really new bugs that weren't there in RC1. As far as i can tell they've all kicked in after putting in management for 32bit sprites yes?

Update 5 caused problems that were not apparent in the previous version.

I don't know if you want to keep going, but if it was me i'd roll back a bit dropping out a feature mugen doesn't even support at all (it's 24bit in 1.1 afterall) and just add in stuff that was broken from that point.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#459  March 20, 2012, 04:35:55 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
OK, confirmed. I can fix it in a few minutes when a get back to home. Then you can stop using FF until I release the fix to avoid problems (just wait a few hours).

I apologize for my mistakes in these updates. I'm trying to release bug fixes as soon as possible to avoid problems. But the lack of time and other things make me broke the RC1 stability.

The cause:
- Update 5: changed some information messages about problems in the SFF (introduced a small error in some SFF v2).
- Update 6: fixed the error message but blocked sprites from using a 5bit palette.
- Update 7: fixed the palette problem, but broken SFFs can crash the AIR editor, then I changed the AIR code to prevent this.
- Update 7.1: changed other things in the SFF and AIR code to improve the file corruption support (probably, I forgot to change a few lines of code in the AIR editor that becomes unprotected now).

The problem is very easy to solve. I will revise all SFF and AIR code to make RC1 stable again. And thanks to everyone that is trying to help rather than just complain, like Cyanide, FerchogtX among others.

Sorry!
#460  March 20, 2012, 06:01:16 pm
  • Not enough Flow
    • USA
Will there a be a function like the one in FFU (Might've been classic, actually) that auto apply's Blue CLSNs? or is it still there and I'm stupid? ;D