YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1562191 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC4 + Update 8
#721  July 22, 2012, 03:42:41 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I just didn't want to do individual file associations if there was a way I could be more lazy about it :P
Another little thing: Why is Winane AI included in the template deal, when all it is is the .def template?

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC4 + Update 8
#722  July 22, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
  • Shakespear.
In the Sprites window, when you click the icon to 'Add one or more sprites' then select an image file, a window appears that gives you the option to use 'image's palette, if not already added'.  Above that selection bar you can have the palette 'Reversed' by checking a box.  My suggestion is this:  If the palette is reversed, do not add the repeating black colors before the transparency color.  Have the newly loaded palette start with the transparency color from the image file's palette. 
Basically instead of going:
transparency, black, black, black, black, black, black, transparency, color 1, color 2, color 3   
have load it as:   
transparency, color 1, color 2, color 3. 

If you let the transparency color from photo shop or gimp line up with the transparency color in FF it would make exporting sprites from photoshop much easier in terms of palette remapping.

Hope this helps & thanks again! 
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC5
#723  July 23, 2012, 03:08:36 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
RC5 on the first post.

Updated the syntax system (var assignment as a parameter with expressions, attribs, ...) fixed the issue with templates, and all previous fixes.

This version is likely to be the final one if no serious bug is found.

In the Sprites window, when you click the icon to 'Add one or more sprites' then select an image file, a window appears that gives you the option to use 'image's palette, if not already added'.  Above that selection bar you can have the palette 'Reversed' by checking a box.  My suggestion is this:  If the palette is reversed, do not add the repeating black colors before the transparency color.  Have the newly loaded palette start with the transparency color from the image file's palette. 
Basically instead of going:
transparency, black, black, black, black, black, black, transparency, color 1, color 2, color 3   
have load it as:   
transparency, color 1, color 2, color 3. 

If you let the transparency color from photo shop or gimp line up with the transparency color in FF it would make exporting sprites from photoshop much easier in terms of palette remapping.

Hope this helps & thanks again! 
The reverse option just work as it says. You have a palette with color1 (transparent), color2, color3,, ..., color256. When you check it, FF3 will load the palette as color256 (transparent), color255, color254, ..., color1 (just the inverse of the source, but the first color will be set to transparent [alpha 0] for compatibility with Mugen 1.1 [in this version the transparent color can be any index with alpha = 0, and if all colors has alpha = 255, like in FFC/FFU, the background of the char will be fully opaque instead of fully transparent]).
This option is designed to be used when the palette order of the image you edited doesn't match to the FF3's required order.
I don't see the point of your suggestion.

Thanks!
#724  July 23, 2012, 03:21:27 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
What is this I don't even

NA, SA, HA, AA,
NT, ST, HT, AT,
NP, SP, HP, AP are valid parameters. Otherwise the Nothitby and hitby sctrls would be practically useless.
#725  July 23, 2012, 03:29:51 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Lack of caps or lack of spacebar after comma? Try Capsing the last one to see if that's it.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#726  July 23, 2012, 03:38:01 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
No. FF3 is recognizing NA, NP and NT correctly but SA/HA/AA, SP/HP/AP, ST/HT/AT are being adressed as errors.

Also it says that triggers like

trigger1 = projhit1000 = 1

and

trigger2 = projcontact1000 = 1, < 5

are incorrect although the docs specify triggers like

trigger1 = ProjContact1234 = 1

trigger1 = ProjContact456 = 0, < 15

as examples.

Bindtotarget sctrls are allowed to use 3 parameters (pos, x, pos y and head/mid) and FF3 recognizes only the 2 first ones.
Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:51:05 am by Zzyzzyxx
#727  July 23, 2012, 05:48:18 am
  • Shakespear.
Thanks for the detailed reply!
  The point of my suggestions was this:  When you are exporting a sprite from photoshop, it set's the transparency to the last color in the palette.  If your sprite only has 45 colors, photoshop sets the transparency to color 46.  When you load the sprite into FF with the palette reversed, color 46 becomes color 210 and it's now white instead of transparent.  210 will actually be transparent when you first load it, but as soon as you close the project it becomes white.  Plus there are 209 unused black squares between 0 and 210.

What I'm trying to help with is exporting sprites from photoshop and loading them into FF with as little palette juggling as possible.

As it is now, there are two ways to get the palette to work right when exporting from photoshop.  One of them involves changing the palette around in photoshop so the transparency color is 255, saving it and reloading it for each sprite group, as seen here in part 1 of cybaster's/doppleganger's stage tutorial.  This can be quite the painstaking process.  The other is after you load the sprite into FF, close the project and reopen it so the transparency is visible, then open the image editor and use the paint bucket tool to turn all the white back to transparency.  Either of these methods can be very time consuming.

My suggestion was to get rid of all the unused black boxes that are created in the palette between color 0 and color 210 of the example sprite from above.  Photoshop only ever uses 1 transparency color in indexed mode, so there is basically no risk of losing colors from the palette by doing this.  Aside from the small amount of memory saved, and the slightly cleaner look, it would save a lot of time in terms of exporting/importing sprites from photoshop into FF.  The only thing that is lost is a lot of unused black boxes.

Thanks again for being so involved with the community on your development of this awesome tool!
#728  July 23, 2012, 05:21:13 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
@Zzyzzyxx: Thanks for the feedback. Is interesting to know all combinations because the docs aren't very clear at some points. I will fix the issues later.

@RobotMonkeyHead: No, this isn't possible because the .act format includes all 256 colors, even if you just use 100 in Photoshop. You must set the transparency color as 255 or 0 to make it work. Photoshop and SFF v2.0.0.0 doesn't support 32bit palettes (with alpha channel), then all unused colors will be black.

Thanks!
#729  July 23, 2012, 07:48:29 pm
  • Shakespear.
@RobotMonkeyHead: No, this isn't possible because the .act format includes all 256 colors, even if you just use 100 in Photoshop. You must set the transparency color as 255 or 0 to make it work. Photoshop and SFF v2.0.0.0 doesn't support 32bit palettes (with alpha channel), then all unused colors will be black.

I don't mean to be a pest, but this is kind of confusing me:

One last suggestion I guess, in the interest of saving everyone lots of time on palette remapping, would it be possible to move all the empty black boxes to the end of the palette, rather than the beginning, so the transparencies are on the same block?   I know I'm nagging, and I'll stop after this post, I'm just thinking about how much time it would save everyone, that's all.  Thanks again!
#730  July 23, 2012, 08:10:55 pm
    • parsemugen.webnode.com.br/
About palettes, I use gimp. Photoshop inverts the order, so I open in gimp and use convert to rgb, then back to indexed. Or you can just move the transp. color to the first slot.

I know it's a pain to do this every time, but that's the way I came up with.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC5 + UPDATE 1
#731  July 24, 2012, 02:43:41 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Update 1 on the first post. Fixed the syntax issues reported by Zzyzzyxx.

@RobotMonkeyHead: In the screenshot you posted, we can see a palette with 32colors, supported by SFFv2 for use in 5bit images.
About the transparency, we can't go to your suggestion because if the transparency color of your image is in the middle of the palette, moving it around don't will have effect because the pixel's index in the image still points to the middle of the palette. We need to change the pixel's index to the new position, and this is your work on your favorite image editor. Doing it automatically will have side effects on palettes that the user intentionally left all unused colors black.
FF3 requires that the transparency color must be the first one. You can move it to the first or last position in your image editor, and use the reverse option if needed.
Your work will be easier if you use the FF3's advanced palette editor. Create the palette with the transparency color as the first one, and apply this palette to your sprites (probably 24bit) using the built-in function.

@parse: This is why I added the reverse option. Some editors inverts the palette and FF3 isn't psychic to see the right order.

Thanks!
#732  July 24, 2012, 03:04:00 am
  • Shakespear.
@RobotMonkeyHead: In the screenshot you posted, we can see a palette with 32colors, supported by SFFv2 for use in 5bit images.
About the transparency, we can't go to your suggestion because if the transparency color of your image is in the middle of the palette, moving it around don't will have effect because the pixel's index in the image still points to the middle of the palette. We need to change the pixel's index to the new position, and this is your work on your favorite image editor. Doing it automatically will have side effects on palettes that the user intentionally left all unused colors black.
FF3 requires that the transparency color must be the first one. You can move it to the first or last position in your image editor, and use the reverse option if needed.
Your work will be easier if you use the FF3's advanced palette editor. Create the palette with the transparency color as the first one, and apply this palette to your sprites (probably 24bit) using the built-in function.

Ah, understood! Thanks a bunch!
#733  July 24, 2012, 10:41:32 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
what's the meaning of update 1?
#734  July 25, 2012, 01:12:45 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Great release!!!

Tested a bit, var(x) := var(y) = 0 in a varset controller is still being taken as an error, leading to other problems, like : as unexpected token and = with the ame error.

anim values like:

anim = ifelse(MoveHit, (32013 - (3 * (Time = 17)) - (1 * (Time = 25 || Time = 89)) - (2 * (Time = 33)) - (7 * (Time = 41 || Time = 65 || Time = 73)) - (5 * (Time = 49)) - (6 * (Time = 57))), 32004)

Are taken as an error, while valid.

HitVelset is taken as an error because is supposed to be deprecated in mugen 1.0, but is not since the common.cns they include in mugen still uses this controller... maybe leave this as deprecated just for mugen 1.1?

Just minor stuff as you can see, the real deal works perfectly

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#735  July 25, 2012, 01:36:06 am
    • Mexico
Another bug found (still minor)

When trying to edit the mugen executable list, you cannot clear the list or remove them as they appear once again every restart of aplication, the xml is not being correctly written whenever you edit the executable list... you can just edit the xml file, but then the available buttons in the config dialog are useless ;)

This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC5 + UPDATE 2
#736  July 25, 2012, 02:50:23 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Update 2 on the first post.

Changes

- Improved the SFF and SND loading performance slighty
- New 1.1 features are disabled in the AIR editor unless you're working in this version of Mugen
- Fixed some issues in the syntax highlight/checking
- Wrong number of values promoted to warning (less important as Mugen seems to ignore or use default values)

Another bug found (still minor)

When trying to edit the mugen executable list, you cannot clear the list or remove them as they appear once again every restart of aplication, the xml is not being correctly written whenever you edit the executable list... you can just edit the xml file, but then the available buttons in the config dialog are useless ;)

OK

Tested a bit, var(x) := var(y) = 0 in a varset controller is still being taken as an error, leading to other problems, like : as unexpected token and = with the ame error.
Still intentional. If it works only for varsets, the syntax is the same as var(exp) = value, that is a more standard syntax for parameters, unless it has a special purpose in this case.

anim values like:

anim = ifelse(MoveHit, (32013 - (3 * (Time = 17)) - (1 * (Time = 25 || Time = 89)) - (2 * (Time = 33)) - (7 * (Time = 41 || Time = 65 || Time = 73)) - (5 * (Time = 49)) - (6 * (Time = 57))), 32004)

Are taken as an error, while valid.
Fixed.

HitVelset is taken as an error because is supposed to be deprecated in mugen 1.0, but is not since the common.cns they include in mugen still uses this controller... maybe leave this as deprecated just for mugen 1.1?
It's a warning, not a error. Warning is a lightweight notification of a possible problem. Read the Mugen docs and search for deprecated sctrls.

Thanks!
#737  July 25, 2012, 02:58:01 am
    • Mexico
Gotcha!!!! Checked Update 2, characters load significantly faster now ;)

<- [Clicky - Clicky]
#738  July 25, 2012, 03:01:57 am
    • Mexico
You are gonna hate me...

-anim = ifelse(MoveHit, 32000, 32004) or similar generates an error like "unknown trigger 'i'"
- if you have a plysnd with something like value = Anim, 0, checker says you need two values for it (it spects only numbers I suppose)

See ya :(
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC5 + UPDATE 3
#739  July 25, 2012, 03:24:19 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Update 3 available.
Fixed the anim = xxx problem and the mugen list issue.

- if you have a plysnd with something like value = Anim, 0, checker says you need two values for it (it spects only numbers I suppose)
The errors are checked at the same time as the highlight, and this is a sequential process. Some errors cause other errors in the sequence. In this case we expect other value than Anim, then "," or "Anim will be unexpected. The counting of values expects a valid and working expression.  ;) But update 3 solves the problem with values that can start with S,F,...

Tip: You can use the edit button instead of doing successive posts or a mod will visit you.  ;D

Thanks again!
Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:30:18 am by VirtuallTek
Re: Fighter Factory 3 RC5 + UPDATE 3
#740  July 25, 2012, 03:41:18 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!