YesNoOk

TVC Alex (Read 4410 times)

Started by The_None, December 10, 2018, 11:34:08 pm
Share this topic:
TVC Alex
#1  December 10, 2018, 11:34:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends/

I may not had enough motivation to do something more ambitious I hoped I would do but apparently there is enough demand for my take at Alex so to lift up the juices I went ahead to take a shot at doing The Sexy Sexy Man himself again. This time, rather than trying to outdo GM I took one of his lesser known appearances as a base.

Spoiler: more screenshots (click to see content)
Stun Gun Headbutt some fools Marvel-style at Locial Bends
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Re: TVC Alex
#2  December 10, 2018, 11:45:45 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Alex AND the hilarious shooter game guy!? Today was a good day...  :mlol:

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#3  December 11, 2018, 01:06:44 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
#4  December 11, 2018, 02:08:26 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
I found something about X-Factor.  If Alex gets hit right as his XF ends, a clone appears and the gauge gets stuck on the screen.

Also how come with the MvC2 super sounds you use (in Alex as well as Thanos), you mix the versus screen sound with them?  You know that's not part of the super sounds, right?  It's definitely on purpose and not a mistake like with a lot of other MvC2 creations out there... right?

And finally, his voice.  YUKEN ESKIP.  ATEES LUSR.  WEEK.  I don't like it, it does not fit at all.  But I'm probably stuck with it since JP/Eng voice options started with SF4 and TvC is pre-SF4, so whatever.

...wait, X-Factor?  Isn't it supposed to be Baroque?
#5  December 11, 2018, 06:14:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends/
Also how come with the MvC2 super sounds you use (in Alex as well as Thanos), you mix the versus screen sound with them?  You know that's not part of the super sounds, right?  It's definitely on purpose and not a mistake like with a lot of other MvC2 creations out there... right?
Just looked at the MVC2 hyper combo compilation (of the version likely pertaining to either the Arcade release or the PSN/XBL re-release) and I can confirm that the versus screen ambient sound can actually be heard as well, if not as loudly as it happens in my MVC stuff.

But I'm probably stuck with it since JP/Eng voice options started with SF4 and TvC is pre-SF4, so whatever.
SF4 was released at arcades for few months back when TvC hit the arcades, actually. Altho' TvC (the original Japan-only version) got the console port faster. But yeah part of me was tempted to give him his SF5 voice at least, maybe as an add-on.

...wait, X-Factor?  Isn't it supposed to be Baroque?
I considered giving him the Baroque but it relies on the red life - not exactly a common subsystem - for activation. Maybe if I'd went for that I would have it feed off a meter that's charged by taking damage, but for charging it isn't exactly a simple matter of "around some % of damage taken", is it?

Also I realized what the XF end bug is about and well, yeah I had to patch it up.
#6  December 11, 2018, 08:27:27 pm
  • For honor!
As someone who owns the game on Dreamcast and played a lot of it in the arcade, I can confirm that the super pause sound does indeed have the vs screen noise playing along with it. A lot of older mugen characters only use the start-up sound for some reason.
Iroha stripped for me
#7  December 12, 2018, 02:40:24 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
A lot of older mugen characters only use the start-up sound for some reason.

If they experienced it like I did (in arcades or watching videos with commentary, both of which have loud external sounds layered on top of all the loud in-game audio), then they probably never heard it and thus didn't know about it.  Hell, I just watched an MvC2 match compilation trying to hear that specific sound and I still couldn't hear it at all; it either means it's just so quiet and ambient, or I'm going deaf.  But if the super sound+versus sound is really accurate to the source, then I've been complaining over nothing this entire time and I apologize for this waste of time.
#8  December 13, 2018, 04:21:56 am
  • Raging Fist
waitamin,,,MVC2Alex? Nicely made :)