YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2849489 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)
#3821  August 25, 2019, 06:19:44 pm
- The first is obviously Peter's life before meeting Tony Stark. Make a origin story (because we all love those, rite...rite?), show Spidey in his first makeshift costume doing vigilante stuff, have him fight some relatively low-level super villian.
Yeah, we didn't get Uncle Ben's death for this version !
More seriously, the plan was to make 3 years of high school, and then why not 3 years of university. They probably made those plans regardless of whether the MCU deal would work out.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3822  August 25, 2019, 06:28:31 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I think they will eventually reboot before the next movie, this iteration of SpiderMan is too deeply rooted in the MCU.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3823  August 25, 2019, 06:35:32 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
But there's always inelegant solutions: prequels and midquels. If Sony is hellbent on keeping Tom Holland as the face of the franchise instead of rebooting yet again, there's three periods they can exploit:

You are absolutely 100% right, but ugh.  We need to see another reshoot of the Uncle Ben story about as much as we need to see the Waynes get capped again.
Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:06:53 am by Person Man
#3824  August 25, 2019, 07:32:35 pm
I'm sick and tired of a teenage Spider Man tbh. If they're gonna reboot it, I would love it if they went with a middle aged version like the one from Spider-verse.
No backstory, and no teen romance. Have be already married aswell, I'm just as sick of seeing him meeting the girl over and over again.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞

lui

#3825  August 25, 2019, 08:08:01 pm
    • USA
Well the plan was to have a 3rd solo film be in his final year of highschool

And then any films after that will be him in his college years
#3826  August 25, 2019, 08:19:39 pm
    • Canada
I'd love for them to bring back Tobey and do a mid-life crises middle aged loser spiderman movie.

Back when his marriage to MJ was a trainwreck and he couldn't make rent.

lui

#3827  August 25, 2019, 08:21:37 pm
    • USA
I don't think Tobey is interested in doing anything big or huge like Spider-Man anymore, he's more keen on doing very small and specific projects and has been focusing on being a producer in recent years
#3828  August 25, 2019, 10:38:53 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink the director and the writers of the past two Spider-Man movies are still attached (or were attached, when Disney and Sony were still working together) to any sequel(s) to Far From Home, so if they return, they'll at least have a much bigger leg up when compared to all of Sony's non-Spiderverse Spider-Man movies from this decade. But Feige also seems to have been pretty integral to every Marvel movie, so who knows if the same team returning would be able to pull off an MCU-less Tom Holland Spider-Man?

I guess he would have to disappear because now everyone knows his identity. He'll have to hide in the shadows and operate in secrecy so that would probably have him run into random thugs and low level goons and then on to the big bad, whoever that is. Who owns the rights to Wilson Fisk at this point?
Marvel's got Kingpin, because he comes with the Daredevil rights (there doesn't seem to be any kind of character sharing like there was for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, two other characters with strong connections to two different Marvel IP's). This had some interesting effects on the wonderful, gone before its time Spectacular Spider-man cartoon, which featured a mysterious kingpin of crime, but who turned out to be Tombstone, cuz they couldn't actually use Kingpin.
#3829  August 26, 2019, 05:35:15 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'm just hoping Sony won't get any ideas from One More Day.   :idea2:  :rifle:

I don't think Tobey is interested in doing anything big or huge like Spider-Man anymore, he's more keen on doing very small and specific projects and has been focusing on being a producer in recent years

Last I heard he was supposed to be involved in Robotech. I'd love to see that happen but its a little bit too ambitious.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3830  August 26, 2019, 04:01:04 pm
I was checking out the announcement on Marvel's Youtube and Feige mentions on Miss Marvel that she'll show up in the movies. Big change from the Netflix series, makes me wonder why they never managed to do it for the Defenders (especially after someone said "everyone who has a name in the MCU will show up in IW/Endgame" which was a lie, no Defenders). A movie with Spider Man, the Defenders and Miss Marvel (far down the line) would have worked fine.
As for She Hulk... how is that working out with Universal ?? Can it bypass the "no solo Hulk movie" rule just by not being Hulk and not being a movie ? Was it okay for everyone that's not Hulk ?
"Moon Knight, a very famous character" *snort* yeah right.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:04:16 pm by Byakko
#3831  August 26, 2019, 04:11:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
With the success of the spiderman multiverse it would not surprise me is that how they fix the marvel/disney deal.
#3832  August 26, 2019, 05:02:15 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
As for She Hulk... how is that working out with Universal ?? Can it bypass the "no solo Hulk movie" rule just by not being Hulk and not being a movie ? Was it okay for everyone that's not Hulk ?
I think the deal with the Hulk is in the film distribution, I don't know if that could/would affect a tv series.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3833  August 26, 2019, 06:16:49 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Yeah I assume TV rights are a different story

Or maybe they'll Supergirl around it by having her cousin Bruce No-Last-Name text her every once in a while
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3834  August 30, 2019, 03:11:35 am
Why are people blaming Sony, if Disney/Marvel is the one who wants to break a signed deal?
#3835  August 30, 2019, 03:17:49 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Why are people blaming Sony, if Disney/Marvel is the one who wants to break a signed deal?

Funny thing is Disney is the one asking for 50 percent of the profits for doing almost nothing. I guess it's the fans bias as they prefer Spidey kept in the MCU.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3836  August 30, 2019, 03:28:01 am
The 50% thing is said to be false, and there have been other rumors that Disney actually asked for 25%, not 50%. In the end it sounds like nobody really knows what exactly everyone tried to pull and who really is to blame for being greedy and evil - if anyone really was.
And they definitely didn't "do almost nothing". In fact there are rumors that Keving Feige was much more deeply involved in Sony's affairs than people thought, even that he went over Venom in the end. I don't know where you got that from that they were "doing almost nothing". Everything since Civil War was pointing toward Marvel doing all the lifting and Sony just signing the checks and reaping the profits.

As for breaking a signed deal - the deal was for the movies up to Far From Home (that's five movies ! Civil War, 2 Avengers and 2 standalone). They didn't have a deal beyond that, everyone was hoping they'd keep the same deal up, we've known that since Civil War and there were even rumors after FFH that Sony wanted to hit a billion dollars before deciding to let Disney continue. But then the two simply didn't agree on renewing it, and we don't know who asked for too much. And obviously no one involved will tell you whose fault it is, so anyone who says they know is lying.
Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 03:41:16 am by Byakko
#3837  August 30, 2019, 06:12:20 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
I hope Marvel isn't about to jump the shark. Not excited for Ms Marvel at all, never liked her and even worse Jane Thor is coming along for the ride. On the bright side Moon Knight, She Hulk and Blade. Sam as Cap wasn't great but having winter soldier with him may help. I get less excited about Eternals the more that comes out. Now supposedly America Chavez is maybe coming along for the ride
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#3838  August 30, 2019, 02:09:16 pm
#3839  September 01, 2019, 05:35:50 pm
sony could just make spiderman movies that lead up to spiderverse or spidergeddon.

every year new movie new spider man.

I hope Marvel isn't about to jump the shark. Not excited for Ms Marvel at all, never liked her and even worse Jane Thor is coming along for the ride. On the bright side Moon Knight, She Hulk and Blade. Sam as Cap wasn't great but having winter soldier with him may help. I get less excited about Eternals the more that comes out. Now supposedly America Chavez is maybe coming along for the ride

jane thor is actually good what are you talking about. it's a pretty good story and it's a limited deal anyway ... well if they follow the comics which i doubt.

and about ms.marvel it's a hit or miss for him , i like her , the costume the looks the attitude , i just don't like the story.

and spoilers captain marvel.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3840  September 01, 2019, 07:00:26 pm
jane thor is actually good what are you talking about.

Yeah, people just jump on the hate train because "they replaced Thor with a woman".
The story was nice and it's all within reason. She's not the first to pick up the hammer and "became Thor".