YesNoOk

Character of the Month: November 2015 Nominations (Read 35664 times)

Started by 【MFG】gui0007, December 02, 2015, 05:41:15 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Character of the Month: November 2015 Nominations
#21  December 05, 2015, 06:22:52 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Flandre Scarlet by Ricepigeon - 3
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#22  December 05, 2015, 01:51:02 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
blair by DW -3

after a couple of rounds, im really digging it
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#23  December 06, 2015, 03:20:12 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
NOMINEES
Corpse by Ahuron
Bomberman by Gladiacloud
Bills/Beerus by RAHLONIR
Marisa by Ricepigeon
Yuuka by RicePigeon
Unlaughmaker by The Magic Toaster
Lilith by Yamori X
Gees by Exclamation_Question
K' by Syu Takazaki
Flandre by RicePigeon
Lilith by DivineWolf
Number 18 by Yzan
Blair by DivineWolf

CANDIDATES
Gouki by Vs. Style Debuts - 2
Serena by Ryon - 2
Schlussel by Ambasa - 2
Jill by DarkWolf13 & walruslui - 1

13/20 ready. ;)
#24  December 06, 2015, 07:29:17 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Okay not to be a salty-sam here, but Unlaughmaker was released on like...October and November at the same time and it was decided it was eligible for October in the last voting. So how is it being nominated again??

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#25  December 06, 2015, 07:44:14 pm
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
A possible update? IDK.
#26  December 06, 2015, 11:53:23 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
The update would have to of been a serious game changer for it to count again. Otherwise the nominating would be easily abused.
I'm just pointing it out for fairness' sake. If there was a huge update in that short amount of time then it should be fine.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

#27  December 07, 2015, 12:06:45 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Updates are qualified no matter what. It's always been this way.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#28  December 07, 2015, 12:10:43 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Why else did you think Felineki's Akuma entered in a lot of COTM until he finally won?
#29  December 07, 2015, 02:08:21 am
Daredevil by Arkady - 1
Kyle Rayner by Logansam updated by walruslui - 1
Captain Atom by Logansam updated by walruslui - 1
Shazam by Logansam updated by walruslui - 1

Not sure how to credit those, this is what I'm referring to, don't think it got posted here. Dude took some characters that were a trainwreck code-wise and made them mostly playable, I'm personally really pleased with it.

Sorry for only posting comic stuff, half the stuff I came here to nominate's already at 3.

edit: typo, stahp fingers
#30  December 07, 2015, 03:56:11 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
Might as well throw in my characters again just for funzies.

Senna
Homura
Taiga
Rentaro

All by me.
#31  December 07, 2015, 04:07:25 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Rentaro by Kohaku - 2
Taiga by Kohaku - 2
Asuna by Sennou-Room - 1
#32  December 07, 2015, 04:31:25 am
    • USA
    • leekrs1@gmail.com
Taiga by Kohaku - 3
Schlussel by Ambasa - 3
Asuna by Sennou-Room - 2
#33  December 07, 2015, 04:04:59 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Asuna by Sennou-Room - 3
#34  December 07, 2015, 10:54:19 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Okay not to be a salty-sam here, but Unlaughmaker was released on like...October and November at the same time and it was decided it was eligible for October in the last voting. So how is it being nominated again??

Unlaughmaker gains an update in November, so it valid. ;)

Not sure how to credit those, this is what I'm referring to, don't think it got posted here. Dude took some characters that were a trainwreck code-wise and made them mostly playable, I'm personally really pleased with it.

Man, these Walrus updates are really great! Never figured out of that lol.

And Hammer Man, your nominations are totally invalid cause both Gees and Unlaughmaker are nominated already. :P
- Read the thread
- The numbers next to each nomination represent each character's current nominations
- Only 3 nominations are necessary for each character

NOMINEES
Corpse by Ahuron
Bomberman by Gladiacloud
Bills/Beerus by RAHLONIR
Marisa by Ricepigeon
Yuuka by RicePigeon
Unlaughmaker by The Magic Toaster
Lilith by Yamori X
Gees by Exclamation_Question
K' by Syu Takazaki
Flandre by RicePigeon
Lilith by DivineWolf
Number 18 by Yzan
Blair by DivineWolf
Schlussel by Ambasa
Taiga by Kohaku
Asuna by Sennou-Room

CANDIDATES
Gouki by Vs. Style Debuts - 2
Serena by Ryon - 2
Rentaro by Kohaku - 2
Jill by DarkWolf13 & walruslui - 1
Senna by Kohaku - 1
Homura by Kohaku - 1
Daredevil by Arkady - 1
Kyle Rayner by Logansam, updated by Walruslui - 1
Captain Atom by Logansam, updated by Walruslui - 1
Shazam by Logansam, updated by Walruslui - 1

16/20 ready.
#35  December 08, 2015, 12:34:50 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Updates are qualified no matter what. It's always been this way.
If this is fact then I think the rules need to be rethought. This is way too easy to abuse and as stated before, I in fact do recall an Akuma being constantly nominated. An update should only count if there was actual effort put into these character's updates in an attempt to make the character better overall. Small fixes or minor edits here and there shouldn't count as a new release IMO.
I found the topic and checked and Unlaughmaker's update is indeed substantial enough to a point that it was bettered with it's update, IMO, which is the only time I think an update should be valid for nominations.

As for Unlaughmaker. It was nothing personal. I just happened to see this flaw in the nominations with your character and so I wish you good luck with this month's voting! Same with everyone else!

Serena by Ryon - 3

#36  December 08, 2015, 12:35:47 am
    • USA
    • harrifra@gmail.com
Gouki by VK and Teneborus (Edited by VS Style Debut Team)- 3
Jill by XCB (Edited by DarkWolf13)- 2
#37  December 08, 2015, 12:50:42 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
If this is fact then I think the rules need to be rethought. This is way too easy to abuse and as stated before, I in fact do recall an Akuma being constantly nominated. An update should only count if there was actual effort put into these character's updates in an attempt to make the character better overall. Small fixes or minor edits here and there shouldn't count as a new release IMO.
I found the topic and checked and Unlaughmaker's update is indeed substantial enough to a point that it was bettered with it's update, IMO, which is the only time I think an update should be valid for nominations.
Where were you earlier this year when we discussed the rule. It's not up for debate anymore.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#38  December 08, 2015, 12:56:38 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
f this is fact then I think the rules need to be rethought. This is way too easy to abuse and as stated before, I in fact do recall an Akuma being constantly nominated. An update should only count if there was actual effort put into these character's updates in an attempt to make the character better overall.
This a terrible idea.

What could be considered "actual effort"? Recoding 25% or more of the statedefs? Recompiling the .sff? Fixing three or more critical bugs? And who would be in charge of judging these completely arbitrary notions of effort? The local mods? The newly elected Update Quality Committee? Obama?

COTM, like any other democratic process, is a populatity contest. Let people vote for whatever they like for as long as they harbor any interest in it.
#39  December 08, 2015, 03:50:22 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Where were you earlier this year when we discussed the rule. It's not up for debate anymore.
Busy with work and all.
f this is fact then I think the rules need to be rethought. This is way too easy to abuse and as stated before, I in fact do recall an Akuma being constantly nominated. An update should only count if there was actual effort put into these character's updates in an attempt to make the character better overall.
This a terrible idea.

What could be considered "actual effort"? Recoding 25% or more of the statedefs? Recompiling the .sff? Fixing three or more critical bugs? And who would be in charge of judging these completely arbitrary notions of effort? The local mods? The newly elected Update Quality Committee? Obama?

COTM, like any other democratic process, is a populatity contest. Let people vote for whatever they like for as long as they harbor any interest in it.
Okay.
It's not hard to tell when actual effort was put into bettering a character from an update.
And that actually wasn't what I meant. I was referring to the amount of things updated. Not solely the quality of an update. My point is an update fixing, say, a few clsn's in a new month is grounds for ANOTHER nomination? Seems ridiculous in numerous ways IMO. I'm not upset or trying to stir something up. I just noticed something and didn't know this had all been discussed previously. It doesn't matter though. A decisions' been made a long time ago I guess. No point in getting into it again and going off topic even. My bad.

Good luck, noms!

#40  December 08, 2015, 04:11:56 am
rentaro by kohaku - 3
shazam by logan wolf and luis 2
bardock by yzan 1
ryo by syu takazaki 1