YesNoOk

Izayoi (Blazblue CPEX) released by Deoxgigas! (Read 10216 times)

Started by Deoxgigas, June 16, 2018, 05:20:48 am
Share this topic:
Izayoi (Blazblue CPEX) released by Deoxgigas!
New #1  June 16, 2018, 05:20:48 am
    • Denmark
    • exdeathgolbez@gmail.com
For my first wish, I wish for a Mugen version of Kagura Mutsuki. For my second wish, the same for Azrael. And for my third wish, I wish for...

Izayoi.

Find her on my OneDrive here. or Dropbox here (Mugen 1.1) and here. (Mugen 1.0).

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Let's not go into details as to why I'm here again.

As per usual, there's a Mugen 1.1 and a Mugen 1.0 version, and as always I recommend the 1.1 version, because Mugen 1.0 has lower quality sprites and effects. Heck, this time around I had to severely decrease the amount of effects the character has because it just caused too much lag in 1.0.

Movelist, special palettes and specific mechanic information can be found in the readme file Izayoi comes with.

Here's some examples of Izayoi fighting:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

There's not really any extra exposition this time. I've simply been snailing along and slowly building up this character for like half a year when I felt like it. Will I ever make another one? I'd say it's not likely, but I've been saying that the last 8 characters I've made. If I do ever return, expect Celica and her murder robot friend in 6 months+++, hah.

Often times I end up facing new challenges whenever I make a new character. The challenge with Kagura was... The entire Blazblue system, as well as his stances and charge moves. For Azrael, it was his entire weak point system, and especially Valiant Crash and Hornet Bunker.
So here we are with Izayoi, and the challenge for her was her entire dual-form and stock system, the extra UI that comes with it, and the absolutely huge amount of effects she has flying around compared to the other two. Thankfully, almost all of them were 2D effects, so it was possible to replicate them proper.

PS: Both Kagura Mutsuki and Azrael have had major updates, especially if you're carrying an old version from before 2018 started. The most important one being the addition of 11p(Kag)/10p(Az) Serious Mode. If you plan to pit them against Izayoi or each other, please fetch their newest versions as well.

Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:54:09 pm by Deoxgigas
Re: Izayoi (Blazblue CPEX) released by Deoxgigas!
#2  June 16, 2018, 05:47:43 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
Didn't you quit?

EDIT:
Found some stuff after a small test drive of the 1.0 version.

Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:10:00 am by Mister Fael Chan
#3  June 16, 2018, 12:49:15 pm
    • Denmark
Didn't you quit?

EDIT:
Found some stuff after a small test drive of the 1.0 version.

I quit every time I create a new character. The difference between each time is how long it sticks. This time was the longest yet.

And I thought I fixed all of those. Guess I forgot to use that move specifically when I hastily threw the 1.0 version together. They seem be getting more and more scuffed, the more characters I make.

It's fixed now, along with a few other smoke effects with the same problem, and I also tried reducing the number of effects thrown out at once during the Gain Arts Sonic Sabre attack for the 1.0 version (But the Overdrive version will probably still be super heavy). I guess 1.0 really can't handle having 30 helpers and explods spawn within a few ticks, hah.
Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:58:14 pm by Deoxgigas
#4  June 16, 2018, 01:26:33 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
Ok, I'll see if I can find something else.
#5  June 16, 2018, 05:51:19 pm
do you added pancerstrike?
https:// mugen archive .com/ forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=88907-bbtag-azrael-sprites-arc-system-works-ripped-ehm
Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:34:23 pm by tokamina
#6  June 16, 2018, 06:03:19 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
Link's currently down... :???:
#7  June 16, 2018, 06:31:11 pm
    • Denmark
What the... Apparently I've reached a limit to how much I can share my onedrive data? I didn't even know that was a thing.

Or atleast, that's what's happening if I press the link on Chrome, but not on Firefox. Odd.

I'll set up some extra Dropbox links. That'll hopefully do for now.
#8  June 16, 2018, 10:19:34 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
OH MY GOD yes! Izayoi!!! She doesn't get enough love~

If i may ask, how does one go about pulling off her AF Judge of Destiny and Slaver Trans-Am?

No matter what i do, i cannot seem to activate them.
#9  June 16, 2018, 10:55:00 pm
    • Denmark
OH MY GOD yes! Izayoi!!! She doesn't get enough love~

If i may ask, how does one go about pulling off her AF Judge of Destiny and Slaver Trans-Am?

No matter what i do, i cannot seem to activate them.

For Judge of Destiny, you need full meter, and the opponent must be below 35% HP to activate it.

And for Slaver Trans-Am, you need 50% meter, atleast 4 stocks and you must be in Gain Arts mode.

And assuming you already know all this, well, I guess it's because both of them have a rather awkward input to use (632146A and 632146Z, or "F, DF, D, DB, B, F, a" and "F, DF, D, DB, B, F, z" if you prefer.). Even I sometimes fail to activate them proper since doing a half circle and then pressing forward and the Z or A button is somewhat iffy on a keyboard.
#10  June 16, 2018, 11:09:53 pm
thanks for the char
i like it, but

i was hoping you changed this time
but you still doing this with the astral finish
it's lame,that's all

maybe you can do the astral using available resource and improvise
it doesnt have to be accurate, as long as ppl gets the idea i think it's fine
the same goes for the fx,i mean the get hit,dust,guard
you did good already with the other fx

also the super bg...nvm, you knows whats best for your char
i'll take wahtever you have to offer, since it's you who made it
if it's good enough for you,then i'm jsut going have to deal with stuff my self
keep doing your thing

edited
zzz
Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:14:27 am by cldz
#11  June 17, 2018, 10:16:50 am
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
What the... Apparently I've reached a limit to how much I can share my onedrive data? I didn't even know that was a thing.

Or atleast, that's what's happening if I press the link on Chrome, but not on Firefox. Odd.

I'll set up some extra Dropbox links. That'll hopefully do for now.

I used Firefox...
Whatever, it's back, thanks a lot!
#12  June 19, 2018, 02:57:41 pm
    • Denmark
thanks for the char
i like it, but

i was hoping you changed this time
but you still doing this with the astral finish
it's lame,that's all

maybe you can do the astral using available resource and improvise
it doesnt have to be accurate, as long as ppl gets the idea i think it's fine
the same goes for the fx,i mean the get hit,dust,guard
you did good already with the other fx

also the super bg...nvm, you knows whats best for your char
i'll take wahtever you have to offer, since it's you who made it
if it's good enough for you,then i'm jsut going have to deal with stuff my self
keep doing your thing

edited

Let's just say that one of the reasons why I made all 3 of these is to show that it's fully possible to create Blazblue characters that are really damn close to how their source game counterparts work, even if it means that a character ends up having 100mb+ worth of Astral frames and super backgrounds and whatnot.

Only few others have ever even dared try (Ares, Websta, Neat Unsou mainly), and they're the main reason I dared it myself.

I've done plenty of improvising back when I made my older Touhou characters. Now I only do it when there's no other way, really... Or if I feel like I can make something even better with the available resources, which HAS happened a few times.

... Or if doing the source thing is infinitely more tedious than just throwing in a single effect that looks like it.

... And when making 11p Serious Modes.

Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:29:01 pm by Deoxgigas
#13  June 19, 2018, 05:07:23 pm
  • Ikemen GO / Mugen 1.1 characters in development.
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013
astral finish
Re-creating the Astral Finish (or any special effects) requires knowledge on how to disable certain effects (sprites/background/hitsparks/any 3D effects). The flashier the Astral, the more work is needed to recreate it in Mugen. Another underlying problem is camera in the source game - it zooms out/in and to take the SFX is to screencap it. So you have a clash of zoomed out sprite from the source screenshot vs. original sprite size from the sprite rip.
#14  June 19, 2018, 09:56:50 pm
@Deoxgigas
i can understand if you say so
i thought maybe making it playable on 1.0 is the only reason you do stuff like this

but it still feels too lazy doing the astral using only the vid
i'm kind of sick seeing ppl do this kind of thing
i'm lazy...so i'm not really the right person to say it

i don't really mind resource heavy stuff, lots of em sucks though

good luck with the robot ;)
zzz
#15  June 19, 2018, 10:40:26 pm
    • Denmark
@Deoxgigas
i can understand if you say so
i thought maybe making it playable on 1.0 is the only reason you do stuff like this

but it still feels too lazy doing the astral using only the vid
i'm kind of sick seeing ppl do this kind of thing
i'm lazy...so i'm not really the right person to say it

i don't really mind resource heavy stuff, lots of em sucks though

good luck with the robot ;)

Oh, so that's the deal.

Well, trust me when I (and Ares up there) say that re-creating it is... Much more difficult, tedious and just a pain in the ass, and I also happen to be pretty lazy myself when it comes to things like that. If I could build them up from much fewer sprites or frames in a reasonable timeframe and effort, I would.

But really, the only reason I can even do this is because both Kagura and Azrael don't even show the opponent once the "movie" begins, and in Izayoi's case it was (thankfully) only on a mostly black background for like a quarter a second, so all I had to do was slightly redraw those frames to fit in a Mugen character instead.

Not all Blazblue characters have that kind of "easy-to-work-with" Astral, hah. I know Celica doesn't, but we'll see if I ever get there.
#16  June 19, 2018, 11:41:35 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
Found something interesting. It's not exactly a bug, but more like a mechanic clash issue. (I hope.)

#17  June 20, 2018, 08:17:45 am
    • Denmark
Found something interesting. It's not exactly a bug, but more like a mechanic clash issue. (I hope.)

I don't know 100% how either of those work, but here's what I believe is going on:

In Yun's case, his parry is a hitoverride into the parry state. To enter it, Yun does technically get hit, even if he doesn't take damage, and the projectile detects that, which is why it adds stocks.

In Arcuied's case, I'm going to guess that her Shield is a reversal state, and, well, the projectile doesn't have anything special that it does when it's "movereversed", so unless the opponent themselves destroy the projectile through their reversal, it's just going to be like "Yeah, whatever" and continue onwards as if nothing happened.

Both can be "fixed", but I wonder if I should, hah.
#18  June 20, 2018, 09:28:04 pm
can you atleast make use of the astral sprites
and make it spawn ontop of the vid
zzz
#19  June 20, 2018, 11:13:32 pm
    • Denmark
can you atleast make use of the astral sprites
and make it spawn ontop of the vid

Now that you mention it, back when I first gathered the frames for the Astral, I was a bit bothered by how Izayoi looks once she's zoomed out and charging the spear. Seemed rather low quality.

Never really thought about the fact that I could just add her sprite on top of it to make it look better, hm.

Well, I won't be doing it now, but I'll consider doing it for a potential future update.
#20  June 21, 2018, 02:35:02 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Wow, this one is actually pretty amazing at all.

Decent file size, plays good (tho never went deep into Blazblue) displays NICELY at HD with the localcoords and no gamebreaking bugs or LAG.

I clap, hope to see more tho it seems to be quiet the challenge to make them.