YesNoOk

N64Mario's Guile and Vanity's Demitri (Now with CFJ sprites) (Read 12887 times)

Started by T. Vinceson, March 02, 2016, 03:45:19 am
Share this topic:
N64Mario's Guile and Vanity's Demitri (Now with CFJ sprites)
#1  March 02, 2016, 03:45:19 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
N64Mario's Guile

N64Mario's Guile trimmed down to his usual bag of tricks--- 2 Specials composed of just Sonic Boom and Flash Kick, and a trio of Super Combo in the form of Total Wipeout, Flash Kick Strike and Max level only Sonic Hurricane.

Otherwise, this Guile has a same hybrid SF2-CFJ play style that my edits of Chun-Li and Boxer also has been programmed to.

Few extras I put into the mix on this character were:
- New Intro. ("Mission Start")
- New anim for his Back Breaker air throw upon landing. (I find it kind of visually strange that Capcom simply used the crouching anim for it in the original source.)
- Target Combo= Crouching MP > Crouching MK (Non-cancellable to any moves)
- Moonsault Kick, (Inspired by his buddy Nash's Moonsault Slash, albeit a weaker and slower version.) A normal overhead done in air by simply pressing and holding Forward + Hard Kick during peak of jump. This must be blocked high.

To get this character, simply click on the screenshot above.

Vanity's Demitri

Notable update or change from the original edit is that this character now sports his retouched CFJ sprite set. Sure, he looks a lot taller now
and his head resembles more of his looks in various official arts, (As his original DS sprites look like he's a short and a balding bloodsucker.) but Capcom still left a lot of his CFJ sprites just "stretched" and no retouches on his hair made. Hence, I took liberty to implement my own "hair retouches" to the other sprites--- Also other stuff like his Crouching MP which looks off, size-wise from the first frame. Add to that adjusting the .AIR file's c-boxes to accommodate the taller sprites.

Aside from the SFF matter, he now has an air throw, (Done by Forward + 2 Kicks at the air.) his Negative Stolen reverted back into the original 360 motion, a throw escape animation and state; There's other stuff like re-coding his Chaos Flare projectile as a Helper, etc.

This edit also now comes with character six palettes. Simply click on the screenshot of the character to DL him. For those interested still in the original version, I did some few updates on it as well. You may DL it here: 

http://1drv.ms/1QjZeHZ

If any errors or bugs arise due to overlooked improper coding, please feel free to note back. Thanks and have fun playing~!

CREDITS:

Guile:
* SF4 inspired "Mission Start" Intro sprites, Flash Kick effect from JMorphman.
* SF4 English voice clips from SemiCharred.

Demitri:
* Most Pos Y (And some Pos X.) re-alignment guide for various effects like hitsparks throw target binds, etc from Ryon, and his own Demitri.
* JZ for the juggle limiter (Found in his Felicia_LG--- Hopefully how I interprete and code it is as even as close as how it's supposed to function. I'm still studying stuff like this in CNS-ing.)
* Vanity13 for the original version of the character.
* NoZ for his Demitri small portrait.
Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:07:30 am by T. Vinceson
Re: N64Mario's Guile and Vanity's Demitri (Now with CFJ sprites)
#2  March 02, 2016, 07:57:22 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
Great great great dude!

However, the onedrive link leads "only" to two demitris archives: no guile around  :???:
#3  March 02, 2016, 09:47:44 pm
#4  March 03, 2016, 03:52:29 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
T, I always love your edits.  Picking these up now ... will attempt to get some feedback in ASAP.
#5  March 03, 2016, 08:45:50 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
#6  March 04, 2016, 09:50:45 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Nice edits.

A updated readme with all moves for both Guile & Demitri would be great.

Is the Demitris aura changing colors supposed to happen?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7  March 05, 2016, 01:07:29 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
Nice edits.

A updated readme with all moves for both Guile & Demitri would be great.

Is the Demitris aura changing colors supposed to happen?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Thanks~! I admit I didn't put much thought with the readme update since I didn't touch most of the characters' commands; With the exception of the throws now done Alpha 3 style, reverting Demitri's Negative Stolen back to the original 360, and the few extra stuff for Guile which I've typed down in the first post of this topic.

Yes, his aura color changes per second/tick, this can even be seen in his original source game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACDD9RRE-bc&t=1m30s
#8  March 05, 2016, 01:42:05 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
I admit I didn't put much thought with the readme update since I didn't touch most of the characters' commands; With the exception of the throws now done Alpha 3 style, reverting Demitri's Negative Stolen back to the original 360, and the few extra stuff for Guile which I've typed down in the first post of this topic.

Well, Demitri has no readme with his moves at all and Guiles old one has lots of disabled moves...

Yes, his aura color changes per second/tick, this can even be seen in his original source game

Oh yeah, it does.  :hyo:
#9  March 25, 2016, 03:53:50 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
So you back to action. Nice edits as usual T! :)
#10  March 31, 2016, 02:44:17 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
So you back to action. Nice edits as usual T! :)

Thanks~! Well, MUGEN is a personal secondary hobby-interest of mine, so.... You could say I'm a part-timer when it comes to it. >;]

Hope your little SFvDS project is going okay too~!
#11  April 01, 2016, 04:14:09 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Thanks~! Well, MUGEN is a personal secondary hobby-interest of mine, so.... You could say I'm a part-timer when it comes to it. >;]

Hope your little SFvDS project is going okay too~!

Yep, the project still going on. :)