YesNoOk

What if M.U.G.E.N were on steam? (Read 15191 times)

Started by Dijapter, February 21, 2016, 07:44:55 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What if M.U.G.E.N were on steam?
#21  March 01, 2016, 12:42:03 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
I don't think MUGEN on Steam is a good idea to begin with. I've no idea what Steam is what-so-ever but one thing for sure, MUGEN can't be on Steam.
Although yes you're right, how can you say that when you don't know what Steam is? lol
#22  March 04, 2016, 09:51:00 pm
  • Obscurity-bound destroyer of worlds.
  • What? Don't look at me like that.
If M.U.G.E.N. were on Steam, you ask?
Well, it would cost 30 bleeping dollars,
And I would be playing a NoSteam cracked version.

:D

"I will destroy this pathetic planet!!!"
- The Destroyer of Worlds, 742
#23  March 05, 2016, 07:30:27 pm
    • USA
    • reddlunchbox.tumblr.com/mugen/
do they even allow game engines on steam with almost all the content being entirely user generated?

assuming we're taking about a similar game/engine built and designed to work with steam, I can see it working similar to Tabletop Simulator or Garry's Mod, and having characters being downloaded through steam workshop would, theoretically, make online play possible by providing the game with a way to guarantee that both players have the same version of the character.

Then again, 'possible' doesn't necessarily mean 'good', and it'd have to be either friends only or have some REALLY good systems in place for it not to be plagued with issues.
#24  March 05, 2016, 07:35:13 pm
  • Obscurity-bound destroyer of worlds.
  • What? Don't look at me like that.
do they even allow game engines on steam with almost all the content being entirely user generated?

assuming we're taking about a similar game/engine built and designed to work with steam, I can see it working similar to Tabletop Simulator or Garry's Mod, and having characters being downloaded through steam workshop would, theoretically, make online play possible by providing the game with a way to guarantee that both players have the same version of the character.

Then again, 'possible' doesn't necessarily mean 'good', and it'd have to be either friends only or have some REALLY good systems in place for it not to be plagued with issues.

Exactly. I can see it being like that, what with having to download chars and stages through the Workshop.

"I will destroy this pathetic planet!!!"
- The Destroyer of Worlds, 742