YesNoOk

Confused on why I'm in the shit thread after I kept threatening to shit (Read 2400287 times)

Started by Do not even ask, October 28, 2012, 10:37:23 am
Share this topic:
Re: Chelsea Manning's sentence commuted by Obama
#7501  January 21, 2017, 11:13:31 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Nobody is an asshole here for calling chelsea manning a dude.

" Chelsea Manning is a trans woman"

Guys that take hormones for a while are still guys, not girls.
No, they're women. Transwomen, to be specific. There isn't some invisible threshold where they suddenly become women once they've been on hormones long enough, or have surgery. Many transpeople never do either; they're still trans, though.

still, it is a bit fishy. you can't deny that there's at least the possibility that Obama had a hidden agenda behind their release.

and okay, ransom might not have been it. but he did negotiate with a terrorist. he paid cash for the release of a traitor. call it what you want, but that's what happened, and it goes against America's code of ethics... or what's left of it anyway.
What terrorist did he negotiate with here? What possible hidden agenda is at play behind the release of Chelsea Manning?

Bradley manning sure as hell suddenly just became a woman
During his imprisonment.

His whole case is fishy to me, I was inlisted when he got
Arrested and some if not most of that shit he exposed was
Already known and circulating around, those videos and
Intel, they weren't doing a good job of keeping it secret.
#7502  January 21, 2017, 11:53:10 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
See that is why I refered to Chelsea as "he,she,it" in my first post here. As you say, many of them are not doing any surgerys, that means they are living between the genders. Maybe my opinion about it is wrong and officially politically incorrect or can be taken as respectless - but not meant to be respectless in any form but I think a he or a she does just not work there if someone is not clearly a man or a woman.

But whatever, let's go back to the topic.
Biological sex and gender are different. A person changing their biological sex via hormones is largely (though not entirely) unrelated to their gender, which is just a state of mind and a societal expectation. A person can be 100% biologically male and still be mentally a woman, making them a transwoman, with surgery and hormone therapy not being "requirments" for it.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#7503  January 21, 2017, 12:10:13 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
See that is why I refered to Chelsea as "he,she,it" in my first post here. As you say, many of them are not doing any surgerys, that means they are living between the genders. Maybe my opinion about it is wrong and officially politically incorrect or can be taken as respectless - but not meant to be respectless in any form but I think a he or a she does just not work there if someone is not clearly a man or a woman.
Is it really that difficult to just be respectful and refer to someone the way they'd prefer to be referred to?  Your opinion doesn't matter at all, it's not your decision to make.

also, i'd LOVE to be an asshole about the whole LGBTWHATERVER thing. I just know that doing so would get me some serious hate, and NOT having people pissed at me is more important.
You know, if you don't want to have people be pissed at you I can think of better ways to do it than openly declaring that you really, really want to post a bunch of transphobic horseshit and that the only reason you're not doing so is to put up a fake appearance of politeness.
#7504  January 21, 2017, 12:19:34 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Isn't it a bit late for you to be worried about people not being mad at you when you already admitted that you would, in your own words, "love to be an asshole?"
#7505  January 21, 2017, 12:31:08 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
As long as I only have to choose between "his" or "her" I got no issues calling someone by a preferred pronoun. It's all the dumb new ones I'm too old school to remember :p

On another note: I'd say it's better to use the wrong pronoun than call her "it". That gives a whole other connotation that the person is less human and whether you can or can't be assed to remember to simply choose one of 2 gender specific pronouns it's never helpful to add to the stigma that transpeople are less than people imo
#7506  January 21, 2017, 01:36:05 pm
What possible hidden agenda is at play behind the release of Chelsea Manning?

Manning got pardoned because she's trans and not cishet (Snowden), LGBT pandering. Not saying it's true, it's laughable actually, but I've heard it in some circles.
Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:40:46 pm by Niitris
#7507  January 21, 2017, 01:43:02 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#7508  January 21, 2017, 01:54:19 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Wow, this thread went downhill pretty fast.

I'd just like to remind you that Obama's out and Trump is whimsical enough to pardon Assange or (oh I forgot he actually hasn't been charged with anything on American soil) Snowden, so his freedom and Manning's are in no way mutually exclusive.
Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:01:47 pm by Foobs
#7509  January 21, 2017, 03:25:20 pm
    • USA
transphobic

imma stop ya right there. that word. phobic. it means fear. get this straight. I am NOT afraid of them. if you want to be correct, you should have used "anti".

one more step taken to a more intelligent society.

anyway, whatever. for me, I just dislike what goes on in the bedroom. they're actually decent people otherwise.

either way. wanna be mad at me? be mad. don't give a fuck. I just don't intend to go around needlessly hurting feelings. stating one's opinion and openly bashing are two separate things.

...though by that logic, I guess I did lay it on a little thick. sorry about that.

as for agenda, I don't know. it's just hard for me to fathom someone like Obama NOT having one. I mean, he was such a GREAT president (my sarcasm needs work) that I figure him dropping a steaming hot pile of FU on the way out seems his style. I mean think about it. they were a convicted "leaker". why would someone who stood against that kind of thing, rather adamantly I might add, let one out of jail? keep asking yourself that, and you'll start thinking the same way.

and seriously, does no one remember? about a year or two ago? that one guy. he'd switched sides to work with one of those jihad obsessed factions, and after a while, the turned on him, threatening to kill him if we didn't give 'em some spendin' money. Obama gave the orders, and the turncoat came back stateside. in chains, but still.

seriously, no one remembers that whole mess?

edit: also, i'm done discussing the whole "sexuality and gender identity" thing. i'll read your comments, but I think the bickering is just mucking up an otherwise entertaining topic.

seriously, if it's gonna be a knock down drag out fight, let it be about something EVERYONE has a strong opinion about! POLITICS and GOVERNMENT COVERUPS/SCREWUPS!

you may continue! *grabs popcorn
Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:39:51 pm by cheddarsword
#7510  January 21, 2017, 03:55:05 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#7511  January 21, 2017, 03:59:29 pm
hey gbkbot wanna reply to the posts directed at you instead of making an empty reaction gif reply

imma stop ya right there. that word. phobic. it means fear. get this straight. I am NOT afraid of them. if you want to be correct, you should have used "anti".
phobic does sound weird (like homophobes cower in fear when they see a gay couple on the street) but that's just the way the word is. don't be pedantic
#7512  January 21, 2017, 04:42:06 pm
    • USA
hey gbkbot wanna reply to the posts directed at you instead of making an empty reaction gif reply

phobic does sound weird (like homophobes cower in fear when they see a gay couple on the street) but that's just the way the word is. don't be pedantic

not sure why the word was made the way it was. maybe it was a way to shame those who would be bashers?

as for being pedantic, it's not as much that, as it is for a sense of clarity. if for no one else, than for myself. i'm not afraid of people in the LGBTWhatever community, and I don't like it when people who throw words around without fully understanding them mislabel me like that.

(I say LGBTWhatever because they keep tacking on letters, and I just can't keep up with it.)

on topic: I really don't like how Obama is heading for an A++ whitewashing. he did pull some serious shit over the past 8 years, and I SERIOUSLY don't think he deserves to be hailed as a great president.

so he let someone out of jail that deserved it. that's a good thing. i'm not saying he didn't do those too. but some of the shit he's pulled...

and frankly, I think I know why they're trying to sweep his mess under the rug. his race.

and as racist as that sounds, frankly, it's not. he's the first black president, so naturaly, they want him to look good to increase the chances that the public will consider voting for another black guy. you know what they say about first impressions? apply that here.

wouldn't mind voting for another black man. not against it at all. but not if he starts talking like Obama. hell, I don't care WHAT color skin you have, you sound like a repeat of Obama, you do NOT have my vote. the opposite can also be said. I don't really care what race the president is. just so long as they do a good job.

(now awaiting people to tell me how racist I am, because no matter what you say in today's society, you're up shit creek if you even TOUCH certain topics.)
#7513  January 21, 2017, 04:47:26 pm
This just in, hydrophobic clothes are afraid of water. That or someone wanted to shame the clothes they created.

Phobia (also) means "aversion toward".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 04:51:15 pm by Byakko
#7514  January 21, 2017, 05:00:25 pm
    • USA
This just in, hydrophobic clothes are afraid of water. That or someone wanted to shame the clothes they created.

Phobia (also) means "aversion toward".

0.0 you've gotta be shittin' me...

my apologies then... still don't like it though. it makes it sound like people are afraid of... those people... okay, there really needs to be a simple way to say it that doesn't sound condescending, because I don't want to say "the LGBTWhatever community" every damn time.
#7515  January 21, 2017, 05:07:59 pm
That's only if Homo Sapiens also makes you think we're a race of gay people. It seems to me like you're (even) more prejudiced against words, you're making assumptions on what they mean based on what you think even when you're clearly wrong. The solution to that is education - or simply not making weird assumptions and just learning what the word means without thinking everyone is secretly trying to insult, shame, or attack you when they're really just trying to live their life or do their job.
#7516  January 21, 2017, 05:11:10 pm
if someone calls you a homophobe it's understood that it means you don't like homosexuals, not that you're afraid of them. as for the acronym, just use lgbt, anyone that gets offended that you didn't use a longer version is probably being an asshole for the sake of it
#7517  January 21, 2017, 05:33:22 pm
    • USA
if someone calls you a homophobe it's understood that it means you don't like homosexuals, not that you're afraid of them. as for the acronym, just use lgbt, anyone that gets offended that you didn't use a longer version is probably being an asshole for the sake of it

really? well alright then! thanks for the advice! I think it used to be LGB, but they later added the T.

your advice makes sense.

That's only if Homo Sapiens also makes you think we're a race of gay people. It seems to me like you're (even) more prejudiced against words, you're making assumptions on what they mean based on what you think even when you're clearly wrong. The solution to that is education - or simply not making weird assumptions and just learning what the word means without thinking everyone is secretly trying to insult, shame, or attack you when they're really just trying to live their life or do their job.

getting technical I see... then if we're going there, you got it ass backwards there friend. the word HOMO is actualy a reference to species of the HOMO genus: I/e: primates and humans.

so then, homophobia SHOULD translate as a fear or aversion to primates and people!

if there is ONE thing I've learned in life, it's that your own words taste more sour going back in, than when they were coming out of your mouth.
#7518  January 21, 2017, 05:51:45 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Trying to mix two etymological origns of words just so you can stick it to the gays doesnt make you sound neither as smart or charming as you think it does. It just makes you sound like you are secretly afraid of being gay so you are expressing it through repeatedly being an asshole.

Or you know, you can keep pretending that latin and english actually mean the same thing and thats why you are a smart homo.
#7519  January 21, 2017, 06:03:25 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I just call her a "her" because that's what the article used and I will respect that if someone asks. But so help me god if you demand me to use those made-up pronouns like "zhe" or whatever, you will automatically get designated to the only made-up gender-neutral pronoun that matters: THON.

On the actual fucking topic, this was never a means to get Assange behind bars. However, releasing Chelsea sends a message that goes along with the mistrust for authority a lot of Americans gained after Hillary's e-mails were leaked. Releasing Chelsea is like saying that the government should be as transparent as possible.

However if Assange doesn't follow up on his thing, it basically makes him look like all the celebrities that claimed they were going to move to Canada if Trump won, then said "Oh I was just joking" when he did.
#7520  January 21, 2017, 06:10:14 pm
getting technical I see... then if we're going there, you got it ass backwards there friend. the word HOMO is actualy a reference to species of the HOMO genus: I/e: primates and humans.

so then, homophobia SHOULD translate as a fear or aversion to primates and people!
:rofl: you're joking, right ? Because the "homo" in homosexual is actually a different one, it means "same". As in same sex. Here again, homogeneity doesn't mean the primate kind, it means same kind. Education ! (and while that means that technically, homophobia should mean "fear of those who are like you", this is where Titiln's advice applies : it's generally understood and obvious enough that it's short for homosexualphobia)

By the way, didn't Obama sign the same thing for like 200 people together with Manning anyway ? Of course it's not political or an agenda or a trap for Assange (who, by the way, backpedalled on his promise, obviously). It's just what he thinks is the right thing while he still can. People are just hung up on Manning because that's the highest profile.
Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:15:24 pm by Byakko