YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1521892 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#781  August 07, 2016, 11:58:48 pm
Wow, interesting infodump in the first phase of this episode. Time rings, parallel timeline time rings, earring color, maybe why Black has only one earring...
Also "ningen" clearly is definitely not just the people of Earth. Or even actual human-like aliens (like Saiyans). As long as it's generally humanoid and smart enough to maybe create a society and a civilization. Just... people. That said, given Zamasu's reaction to the muscle bird people, I wonder how he'd react to legit Saiyans and Freeza's race. It's still a boring and overdone theme though, and it baffles me that you can still write a story with a world where complete god newbies aren't immediately told about this shit.

... Resurrection of F, Future Trunks edition ? What ? What could they change ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:02:24 am by Byakko
#782  August 08, 2016, 12:27:12 am
    • USA
Dat Vegeta face

#783  August 08, 2016, 01:08:05 am
That episode was cool.

Trunks using Super Sayian Grade 3 to fool Vegeta was pretty clever, course it didn't work tho.
#784  August 08, 2016, 01:38:58 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So I've fallen significantly behind, the last episode I saw was Goku dying his hair blue for Frieza, but I've been told about this latest episode featuring Vegeta and Trunks having a little fight.

And I'm starting to get a little suspicious about where they're getting their ideas from.  Not the first coincidence, what with the whole multiverse thing, but still a little funny that they're using things fans already did quite a while ago.
#785  August 08, 2016, 02:01:16 am
    • USA
Yeah I've read that part long ago but it's not the same thing, at all.

If anything, the Multiverse's tactic is actually more original and interesting (Although still fails anyway) than the one in Super. In Multiverse he enhances certain parts of his body to avoid losing overall speed while still keeping the extra strength, he's still powered up though.

In super he's just using that form as a bait and then switches back to the standard SSJ. Also multiverses is not an original concept at all to begin with since we already had alternative timelines thanks to Trunks anyway. Not the first nor the last time that theme is going to be used in fanfics.
#786  August 15, 2016, 03:03:11 pm
New Episode was not released yesterday. It will appear this Sunday as they took a break.
#787  August 16, 2016, 09:19:13 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Now that I think about it, I wonder f Bura will show up soon.  Or, if Toriyama will retcon her out/forget about her.
#788  August 16, 2016, 08:11:50 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
speaking of retcons, the ridiculous Kaio Ken Super Saiyan Blue isn't in the manga version of Super.
#789  August 16, 2016, 09:52:24 pm
    • Germany
Now that I think about it, I wonder f Bura will show up soon.  Or, if Toriyama will retcon her out/forget about her.

Bulla is one year younger than Pan Z, I'm not sure how much time has past in Super right now but I belief they can still add here at a later point of the series.
#790  August 17, 2016, 12:39:44 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
speaking of retcons, the ridiculous Kaio Ken Super Saiyan Blue isn't in the manga version of Super.
I'm sure DKDC commented about it a while ago, that's not even the latest chapter.
The manga just moved on to the Goku Black arc, the chapter had some small differences from the anime but nothing as big as Goku not doing that Kaioh Ken + SSB combination (Apparently he used Kaiohken + SSJ before against Paikuhan? I don't even remember that episode)
#791  August 17, 2016, 01:04:12 am
Yeah http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2261193 It's not so much a retcon as it's another anime filler since there's no indication that the anime is "truer" to Toriyama's script than Toyotaro, and they basically get that script at the same time. Toriyama's script probably just went like "they fight and Goku keeps powering up through his existing forms then he breaks through the time stop".
The Super Kaiohken was in the otherworld tournament during the Goku/Paikuhan final. The anime reusing it was definitely a call back to their own shit, and an opportunity for more filler.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#792  August 20, 2016, 02:54:48 pm
What do you guys think about this theory?

#793  August 21, 2016, 06:52:41 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Just watched the new episode

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#794  August 21, 2016, 07:25:36 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
This episode supports theory that Zamasu becoming Black seriously I believe that darkness in his heart caused Zamasu's ki to get darker and leading him to becoming Black. There's also possibility Zamasu becoming a Makaioshin due to darkness in his heart tho and Super Saiyan Rose looks pretty badass(Well it looks better than Blue)
#795  August 21, 2016, 07:41:06 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Rosé is not a colour.
It seems like a reference to the alcoholic drink.
You know, like Beerus and Whis.
#796  August 21, 2016, 07:46:16 pm
Rosé is not a color but rose is, it's French for pink. The rosé wine is called like that because of the color. It's a good meeting point for the new naming conventions of both colors for SSJ and alcohol for Champa, Beerus etc.
Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 07:50:11 pm by Byakko
#797  August 23, 2016, 10:41:39 am
The SSJGod form we call SSJ Blue isn't actually blue. It is just SSJ God with the power of a SSJ. I can't call it a natural transformation. The color seems more to be a side effect when both are mixed. I know that power levels don't matter in Dragonball Super but, aren't actual transformations and color changes still accurate or should we scrap that too?

As for Super Saiyan Rose, that color might be an effect as Black mixes it with the powers (purple aura) of the Supreme Kai's.
#798  August 23, 2016, 11:26:49 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
So, in a black and white manga, how are they going to differentiate SSJ, SSJ Blue, SSJ Rose, SSJ Over the Rainbow, etc. ? ::)
#799  August 23, 2016, 02:55:38 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Every time someone powers up, the opponent/one of the people watching the fight always says the appropriate colour out loud.
#800  August 23, 2016, 03:16:12 pm
Suupa Saiyajin Waiito!