YesNoOk

Poison CS. (Read 5933 times)

Started by GDPenguin, August 12, 2018, 02:16:18 pm
Share this topic:
Poison CS.
#1  August 12, 2018, 02:16:18 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
I recently started colour separating poison and I noticed how bad her sprites are...
So I started fixing some stuff manually.

[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:02:45 pm by GDPenguin
Re: Fixing Poison's sprites.
#2  August 12, 2018, 02:53:05 pm
DW, CS'ed poison. That should save you a shitton of time, grab her sff and take a look if you like it.
Re: Fixing Poison's sprites.
#3  August 12, 2018, 02:57:57 pm
    • Denmark
[img width=600
Re: Poison CS.
#4  August 14, 2018, 08:49:34 pm
    • Denmark
Here's a wip template.
[img width=600

DW

#5  August 15, 2018, 02:37:37 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Did you CS her skin colors out? Or did you just recolor them to make every color more distinguishable? So you added upper thighs, hands, arms, upper torso, neck...

The upper thigh is cool. You can make it look like she has high socks/stockings on. I didn't do that, because when I figure out how, I want to give her fishnets. Like Girard did with Maki. The rest...isn't going to look very good unfortunately. That's because those parts on her are not clearly defined from the others. You could probably get away with her entire torso sharing with her belly that I separated, up to her collar. That way, it could look like she has an undershirt on underneath her top.

Which in itself, may not turn out very well, that's why I didn't do it. You're also gonna have a hard time making clear distinctions between the various torso separation. It may look ok in some sprites, not so good in others. Though by all means, don't let me defer you, just giving some friendly advice.  I'll confess though, I'm not really here/interested in the expanded CS. What caught my eye is you saying "fixing some stuff". Fixing what exactly?

Are you a spriter? Improving animations, frame count, and the like? Another reason I held off on certain aspects of the CS is due to her sprites as a whole as well. The CS/mild fixes I did definitely help from the original SFF I used from Tjun's Poison. Though her sprites as a whole do need to be improved upon/refined. I planned on commissioning this in the future, though if you have the capability, I'd very much like to see an example of that more than anything.
Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:53:51 am by DivineWolf
#6  August 15, 2018, 06:11:32 am
    • Denmark

Everything is CS'd. :)
I decided to separate it all from scratch because I got lost in the way you've organized the colours.

"Fixing some stuff"
Fixing the sprites that is. ;)
Also if I get to it. Her normal punches doesn't make sense to me, so I'm gonna try and change some of those. (Mainly her light punch)

I thought about fishnets, but realised it would be be way too much of a headache.
I'm not a spriter, but I've been drawing my entire life, plus I've done some small animations here and there.

I just wanted to give it a go, I don't know if the sprites will be a success.
[img width=600
#7  August 15, 2018, 06:21:47 am
    • Denmark

I decided to separate it all from scratch because I got lost in the way you've organized the colours.
I added:
- Eyes
- Lips
- Choker
As well.

"Fixing some stuff"
Fixing the sprites that is. ;)
Also if I get to it. Her normal punches doesn't make sense to me, so I'm gonna try and change some of those. (Mainly her light punch)

I thought about fishnets, but realised it would be be way too much of a headache.
I'm not a spriter, but I've been drawing my entire life, plus I've done some small animations here and there.

I just wanted to give it a go, I don't know if the sprites will be a success.

[img width=600

DW

#8  August 15, 2018, 06:24:31 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Why would you CS over her skin tones, when they don't share with anything? That's just extra shades in the temp for no reason. Also, ah I see. Just an expanded CS. Gotcha. Well, good luck.
#9  August 15, 2018, 07:12:46 am
    • Denmark
Why would you CS over her skin tones, when they don't share with anything? That's just extra shades in the temp for no reason. Also, ah I see. Just an expanded CS. Gotcha. Well, good luck.

Because the skintone would be in a total different area on the colour table.

But thank you.
[img width=600

DW

#10  August 15, 2018, 03:45:45 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

I just opened this temp sprite up in FF, and I see you're using her really old version/SFF. Why? Pexxer even told you that I CS'd her... :-\

There's nothing to get confused about/lost with. Everything was cleaned up and organized. You're not even using the updated version.

Edit:

If you want to just spend more time CSing an outdated version of her, by all means, it's your prerogative. I just don't understand why you would do that.
Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:52:32 pm by DivineWolf
#11  August 15, 2018, 04:16:00 pm
    • Denmark
What?
Thanks for telling me. :)
It might maybe be because I didn't download it directly from your page then.
It all makes sense now.
[img width=600
#12  August 15, 2018, 07:11:00 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:19:43 pm by Bastard Mami

DW

#13  August 15, 2018, 08:33:59 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
What?
Thanks for telling me. :)
It might maybe be because I didn't download it directly from your page then.
It all makes sense now.

You're welcome.

I'd also like to advise that if the content in question is still available and hosted at a site that that said creator is apart of, you should really go there to DL their stuff.

IIRC, I made a program that automatically made the fishnet; it's the same I used for recoloring, let me check if it's still online.

[EDIT]
rapidshare, don't think so, but I can't check becaue it is blocked at work.
http://rapidshare.com/files/237961002/tools1.0.rar

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sprite-recolor-tutorial-103022.0.html

9 years ago... :pwn: Yikes... I may check this out though. Thanks.