YesNoOk

Basara's WIP thread (Coming back to my normal projects) (Read 1193907 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, October 12, 2010, 08:33:06 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Basara's WIP thread (Restarting with Rose, "B-kun a la POTS" is no more)
#601  October 01, 2014, 04:48:56 pm
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
well I would have voted for PotS' style. only without dodge and roll, cause these two things make each PotS' style char feel the same in the end IMO. but do as you think of course :)
Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:45:55 pm by Gara

DW

#602  October 04, 2014, 06:16:30 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Good luck w/your projects. Still, I have 2 questions for you:

1.) You've been working/announced you were working on Rose and others for at least 2 years. If you didn't understand the code, why didn't you ask JMM or someone for help long ago?

2.) May I get Rose's SFF from you please?
#603  October 04, 2014, 09:18:17 pm
  • Niigasan
^^^^ yes... Yes
#604  October 05, 2014, 05:26:26 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Good luck w/your projects. Still, I have 2 questions for you:

1.) You've been working/announced you were working on Rose and others for at least 2 years. If you didn't understand the code, why didn't you ask JMM or someone for help long ago?

2.) May I get Rose's SFF from you please?

I have to agree man. I would have helped
#605  October 06, 2014, 05:47:47 pm
  • SNK is life
Give it up, Basura Kun! >:(

Surrender your SFF! >:(

No seriously, these 2 guys ^ are good at this style, if you break yourself free from this specific project that everyone wants you to do a certain way (which you're having a hard time getting on board with), and you release the work you've put into Rose's SFF as open source (aren't Felo's sprites open source anyway?) you'd be saving these guys some time to make their own version :P Rose has become an increasingly popular character as of late, and you'll be harassed if you don't things a certain way, or perfect, or fast enough ...

Think about it man, all I'm saying is that you could take some pressure off your shoulders with everybody's expectations, and you'd be helping others get what they want with a little less effort on your end :P
#606  October 08, 2014, 04:34:03 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Guys, if I wanted help, I would ask it without a doubt, especially to DW which I become closer thru these years. But I wanted to make it alone, to test me as creator. But since certain point POTS' code started to bother me, a lot. That's why I couldn't advance so much as I wanted, even Shuma-Gorath (coding-wise) and Scott Pilgrim (spriting-wise) were easier to make than Rose... or any of "B-kun a la POTS" chars. So, after a lot of time thinking about it, I made the poll to get a direction, but your comments made a better decision for me than the poll.

As I said before, Rose will be made as I promised, as well Adon and K', but it will be to my way as always should be made. I just give up with POTS' gameplay, there're a lot of guys out there that can do a better job than me. But the characters will be done, that's for sure. Rose will be remade completely and I hope to get new advances soon ;) thanks to all for your comments and opinions, seriously ^_^

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#607  October 08, 2014, 04:47:29 am
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
NICE!! another EXCELLENT CVS char to my fav list!
and...man, gotta check out the 182, 184 animation
#608  October 08, 2014, 05:37:11 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Guys, if I wanted help, I would ask it without a doubt, especially to DW which I become closer thru these years. But I wanted to make it alone, to test me as creator. But since certain point POTS' code started to bother me, a lot. That's why I couldn't advance so much as I wanted, even Shuma-Gorath (coding-wise) and Scott Pilgrim (spriting-wise) were easier to make than Rose... or any of "B-kun a la POTS" chars. So, after a lot of time thinking about it, I made the poll to get a direction, but your comments made a better decision for me than the poll.

As I said before, Rose will be made as I promised, as well Adon and K', but it will be to my way as always should be made. I just give up with POTS' gameplay, there're a lot of guys out there that can do a better job than me. But the characters will be done, that's for sure. Rose will be remade completely and I hope to get new advances soon ;) thanks to all for your comments and opinions, seriously ^_^

I made that comment but i respect and support whatever you decide to do man. Keep Rockin'
#609  October 08, 2014, 06:17:52 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
You gotta using your great SG as base. Interesting.

Keep the hard work Basara! :)

DW

#610  October 08, 2014, 04:41:44 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
My first question was not meant to try and sway you into continuing to do something you don't want to do/don't understand. I was genuinely curious as to why you didn't ask for help and now I know. While I can relate a bit to wanting to test your own capabilities and all, as I am that way myself mostly. Though I remember something my HS Computer Tech teacher told me, "No one man is an army".

I didn't understand what that meant and ended up asking my English teacher. It basically means that one (wo)man can't do everything on his/her own. Sometimes you hit a wall, and the only way to climb it, is to get some help. Just remember that for future reference. I'm always willing to help out to the best of my understanding/ability, so don't hesitate to ask. That extends to anything you're trying to do, regardless of the gameplay you're aiming for. Again, good luck w/everything and thanks a lot for providing her SFF. It's highly appreciated.
#611  October 08, 2014, 09:22:16 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Thanks for the sff. @Lost_Avenger I think you'd be interested in this.
#612  October 08, 2014, 10:46:05 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Do I hear Rose in pots style,"sold" to the hungriest pots creator.lol
#613  October 09, 2014, 11:14:45 am
That .sff is not even complete. It's missing crouch and aerial attacks and maybe more.
#614  October 15, 2014, 08:25:07 pm
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
cant wait for ROSE
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
Update??
#615  November 13, 2014, 03:54:31 am
    • Chile
Hi, I'll leave this here just because feels :)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: Basara's WIP thread
#616  November 13, 2014, 04:18:01 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
o=

I tho i was like the only one that still use the old MCM for something:

Nice hair btw
Re: Basara's WIP thread
#617  November 13, 2014, 03:23:45 pm
    • Chile
Yeah, as I said before, MCM it works better for me :P but yeah, I was thinking in updare/remake Joe Kusanagi now that I know more of coding than before. At least i fixed his AIR and his data, now going to see his moves and stuff, probably should be the next i would releae in the short time, wish me luck ;)

Re: Basara's WIP thread (AODK Project is coming to 2015!!)
#618  March 25, 2015, 01:11:22 am
    • Chile
Guess who's back in town, guys :cool4:

Finally Joe Kusanagi is been updated!! Fixed all bugs and his AIR, as well improving the gameplay to make him more accurate to AODK. Also, not 2 but 4 new grabs and throws from the game (since this game has a lot for his chars), the one in the pic is one of the 2 ready on him, ripping the sprites to make the other 2 and also making the specials and supers I planned (but never implemented) for Joe. And also...

Starting on Kotaro Fuuma, with a twist on the plans: instead to fix Yoshi-OK's I'll make him using his SFF only and Joe as base, so I'm remaking his AIR from scratch and I made 11 new palettes, various of them based on other World Heroes chars as well on AODK ones. And probably I'll make the same thing with Bobby (with Shimon's SFF). So now this will be quick ;)

And of course, finish my Leonhalt once for all... I hope to release him as well Joe's update during these months, and Fuuma and Bobby get them for this 2015 too. So yeah, I'm back making stuff for MUGEN :smash:

#619  March 25, 2015, 05:06:11 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
YEAH! :D
#620  March 25, 2015, 03:08:07 pm
    • Chile
Thanks man :D good to know there're people who still wait for my stuff after all this time :P
I hope getting new screenshots for Joe and the other AODK chars during this week ;)